Tuesday 30th March 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 30th March 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 30th March 2021

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon all, something must be happening?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

It happened yesterday, all hope is lost.
[Johnson] does believe in the wide principles of integrity and honesty. I’ve said that he acts with integrity, and is honest. And I’ve said that he follows the Nolan principles when conducting himself in public life.
Stratton cast away the last vestige of her credibility.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well that sucked. I woke up on Sunday night/Monday morning with chills, fever and a headache. It was weird, like having a dose of the flu without the actual flu. I remember getting up to get some water and the chills were so bad my teeth were chattering. I felt so shitty I didn't get out of bed yesterday until the early evening when the symptoms finally began to wear off. All in a good cause though and I feel fine today.

There are studies out there showing that if you've had Covid19 then your immune response to the vaccines is stronger, so maybe I've already had it or maybe I haven't, I'll never know.

I'm just glad I recovered quickly enough to enjoy this glorious sunny day.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

And today we have the "report" of the police's handling of the Sarah Everard vigil. "Whitewash" would genuinely be over generous :evil:
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Labour MP apologises for saying he once saw business as 'the enemy'.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -the-enemy
After the remarks were highlighted by the Sun newspaper, Sobel apologised to the Labour leader.
Well now this is curious. If I put 'Boris Johnson fuck business The Sun' into Google I can't seem to find a single Sun article mentioning our Prime Minister letting British businesses know they could fuck off. How strange.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sobel has a bit of a predilection for gaffes tbh.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Sobel has a bit of a predilection for gaffes tbh.

I've read the linked article. I can't see the gaffe nor can I see anything to apologise for since, from what I've read, he'd already backtracked anyway. Hartlepool Candidate was more gaffe-prone in my opinion. But he, apparently, is "the best".
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good evening.

'Er indoors is still in hospital but improving.

Muhammad cartoon row school launches independent probe into RSE lessons

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/batley-gramma ... rtoon-row/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good idea to get someone outside to take a look but this...
The DfE has also defended schools’ right to include “controversial” ideas in the curriculum, balancing it alongside the need to promote respect and tolerance between people of different beliefs.
Except when the DfE disagrees with them that is...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Two stories very closely linked I would argue...

Schools have been told they have to show their pupil premium spending is 'backed by evidence' as a condition of getting the funding.

and

Free school meals: 300k more pupils became eligible in first 7 months of Covid

So basically...it's costing us more so we're going to insist on you filing out our template and if we don't like your evidence then you lose the Pupil Premium.

Cynical, moi?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Anyone fancy some sleaze?

https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/statu ... 7542563843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris Mason
@ChrisMasonBBC
NEW; THREAD: The Labour Party has been handed what it claims to be a business card for the financier Lex Greensill -- when he worked in government under David Cameron.
6:10 PM · Mar 30, 2021·Twitter Web App
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

A good article imo.

Austerity Raises Covid Deaths
We are living in the age of consequences. The outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 uncovered our societies’ pre-existing structural weaknesses — which were the result of a pervasive political indifference to inequality, combined with decades of cuts to the most basic social protections and to wages, leaving large segments of our populations tragically vulnerable to the arrival of this virus (Marmot et al. 2020a, 2020b; Woolhandler et al. 2021).

Of course, the macroeconomic consequences of four decades of neoliberal management of the OECD economies were already there for all to see (Storm 2017): declining long-term growth (aka ‘secular stagnation’), suffocated by rising inequalities in income and wealth and by an obsessive-compulsive fiscal austerity by governments, but barely kept alive by rising (private and public) indebtedness and quasi-permanent asset-price bubbles (‘financialization’).
Servaas Storm
Senior Lecturer of Economics, Delft University of Technology

Servaas Storm is a Dutch economist and author who works on macroeconomics, technological progress, income distribution & economic growth, finance, development and structural change, and climate change.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

RogerOThornhill wrote:Anyone fancy some sleaze?

https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/statu ... 7542563843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris Mason
@ChrisMasonBBC
NEW; THREAD: The Labour Party has been handed what it claims to be a business card for the financier Lex Greensill -- when he worked in government under David Cameron.
6:10 PM · Mar 30, 2021·Twitter Web App
And here is said business card...

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/ ... 7385926657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

https://twitter.com/whazell/status/1377005606394019852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Will Hazell
@whazell
An
@theipaper
exclusive: the UK has too little capacity for manufacturing vaccines, one of the country’s leading vaccine scientists has said https://inews.co.uk/news/health/uk-capa ... ert-936621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
@HugoGye
Hardly a surprise given the hollowing out of manufacturing capacity in many key strategic industries over the past 30 years.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I note the right wing commentators somewhat predictably putting the boot into teaching unions for apparently not doing anything about the Batley Grammar issues.

Except they clearly are. The difference being that they are simply getting on with their job and not proclaiming loudly about it.

https://twitter.com/neupresident/status ... 6793772032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
@NEUpresident
@neupresident
For those 'replying' who struggle with these words from
@MaryBoustedNEU

The
@NEUnion
is fully supporting its members at Batley Grammar (including the individual teacher) and has been since the start.

Rightwards arrow"fully supporting" - not posturing

Rightwards arrow"fully supporting" - it's what we do!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Sobel has a bit of a predilection for gaffes tbh.

I've read the linked article. I can't see the gaffe nor can I see anything to apologise for since, from what I've read, he'd already backtracked anyway. Hartlepool Candidate was more gaffe-prone in my opinion. But he, apparently, is "the best".
I'm referring more to his past history (the time when he - unknowingly - invited some eugenicists to a local party meeting, for examples)