Wednesday 7th April 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 7th April 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Again, good morefternoon to anyone here.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Letter about a progressive alliance.

Open Letter to Keir Starmer, Leader of the Opposition
The government would be faced with a combined opposition that would represent 57% of the 2019 vote.
I always wonder about the implications of PR for the SNP, hard to see them getting on board with an alliance that would lose them half their Westminster seats, but on the other hand they already have PR for their parliament so how to oppose?

Likely I'll never find out as there's no sign of Labour facing up to reality any time soon, despite Clive Lewis' best efforts.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sorry to say I am a bit cynical about this, there is no "single neat trick" that will unite what is a very disparate 57% of the vote.

Tories lose office when their support markedly drops, that's what needs to happen.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Sorry to say I am a bit cynical about this, there is no "single neat trick" that will unite what is a very disparate 57% of the vote.

Tories lose office when their support markedly drops, that's what needs to happen.
(cJA bold)

Is that bit in bold accurate, AK?

I suggest it's not the number of people voting Tory but people not voting at all and/or people voting for different parties in the first past the post electoral system as deciding factors for Tory governments getting returned.

I
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm not as adept using my current device for activity on certain online websites (flythenest, Twitter and news websites, for example) as I was with my older computer. I'm not here as often as I'd like to be. I apologise for my absence and look forward to reading and posting here more often.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good afternoon.

While I was on a Zoom meeting this morning, the phone rang so thought I'd better answer it...

"This is...[muffled]...calling you from Microsoft"
*sigh*
"No, you're not, this is a scam. Go away"
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP1"
*click*

In other news, 'er indoors starts a course of oral chemo on Friday for 2 months and in the middle she will have two weeks of radiotherapy. Hopefully that'll bring the count down from its rather nasty high of 1,600. It should be < 35...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I know this will come as a surprise but Mayoral candidate Shaun Bailey isn't very bright...

https://twitter.com/RespectIsVital/stat ... 9122660352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And as was pointed out
Jonn Elledge
@JonnElledge
Brentwood is outside London, and also nobody drives that, even before Crossrail it's a decent train service and it means you don't get stuck in traffic in Gants Hill for months at a time, how is Shaun Bailey so crap
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Sorry to say I am a bit cynical about this, there is no "single neat trick" that will unite what is a very disparate 57% of the vote.

(cJA bold)

Is that bit in bold accurate, AK?

I suggest it's not the number of people voting Tory but people not voting at all and/or people voting for different parties in the first past the post electoral system as deciding factors for Tory governments getting returned.
I
Certainly within living memory, yes.

Tories have lost power in 1945, 1964, 1974 and 1997 - in all those their support was well down on the preceding GEs that they won.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:---
In other news, 'er indoors starts a course of oral chemo on Friday for 2 months and in the middle she will have two weeks of radiotherapy. Hopefully that'll bring the count down from its rather nasty high of 1,600. It should be < 35...
please give my love to your family
:heart:
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yes all the best to Roger and his Mrs.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

What I meant is that the Tory party getting returned to government isn't done by their having gained much greater support from the electorate. The Tory party buys advertising, controls media, lies and prevents as many people as possible from voting at all. The Tory party will get anyone they can be sure of voting Tory to vote every time.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

There's rioting in Northern Ireland?
Is this correct?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Interesting:
Just Jews
@JustJewsUK
Update: In an apparent attempt to pre-empt an imminent High Court hearing, the Labour Party has this week published a previously secret Code of Conduct that it uses for judging members accused of antisemitism: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/justi ... y-members/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/JustJewsUK/status/1 ... 31938?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

citizenJA wrote:There's rioting in Northern Ireland?
Is this correct?
Well...not if you look at the BBC :roll:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

refitman wrote:
citizenJA wrote:There's rioting in Northern Ireland?
Is this correct?
Well...not if you look at the BBC :roll:
totalitarian regimes censure the news
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love you all.
Goodnight.
cJA
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

refitman wrote:Interesting:
Just Jews
@JustJewsUK
Update: In an apparent attempt to pre-empt an imminent High Court hearing, the Labour Party has this week published a previously secret Code of Conduct that it uses for judging members accused of antisemitism: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/justi ... y-members/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/JustJewsUK/status/1 ... 31938?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This relates?

https://twitter.com/0Calamity/status/13 ... 5850848257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CrémantCommunarde#ActivistLawyer
@0Calamity
Replying to
@0Calamity
9. The Party, under Starmer and Evans, has continued to use the very same Code of Conduct for which Corbyn, Corbyn supporters, and even lawyers like me, trying to be as objective as possible in the face of vile abuse, were vilified, libelled and traduced.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Well.
Boris Johnson
@BorisJohnson

United Kingdom government official
I am deeply concerned by the scenes of violence in Northern Ireland, especially attacks on PSNI who are protecting the public and businesses, attacks on a bus driver and the assault of a journalist. The way to resolve differences is through dialogue, not violence or criminality.
Perhaps you should have thought of that before.