FlyTheNest
http://flythenest.org/

Wednesday 7th April 2021
http://flythenest.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2644
Page 1 of 1

Author:  refitman [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 5:41 am ]
Post subject:  Wednesday 7th April 2021

Morning all.

Author:  AnatolyKasparov [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Again, good morefternoon to anyone here.

Author:  gilsey [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Letter about a progressive alliance.

Open Letter to Keir Starmer, Leader of the Opposition

Quote:
The government would be faced with a combined opposition that would represent 57% of the 2019 vote.

I always wonder about the implications of PR for the SNP, hard to see them getting on board with an alliance that would lose them half their Westminster seats, but on the other hand they already have PR for their parliament so how to oppose?

Likely I'll never find out as there's no sign of Labour facing up to reality any time soon, despite Clive Lewis' best efforts.

Author:  AnatolyKasparov [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 11:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Sorry to say I am a bit cynical about this, there is no "single neat trick" that will unite what is a very disparate 57% of the vote.

Tories lose office when their support markedly drops, that's what needs to happen.

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
Sorry to say I am a bit cynical about this, there is no "single neat trick" that will unite what is a very disparate 57% of the vote.

Tories lose office when their support markedly drops, that's what needs to happen.

(cJA bold)

Is that bit in bold accurate, AK?

I suggest it's not the number of people voting Tory but people not voting at all and/or people voting for different parties in the first past the post electoral system as deciding factors for Tory governments getting returned.



I

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Good afternoon, everyone.

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

I'm not as adept using my current device for activity on certain online websites (flythenest, Twitter and news websites, for example) as I was with my older computer. I'm not here as often as I'd like to be. I apologise for my absence and look forward to reading and posting here more often.

Author:  RogerOThornhill [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Good afternoon.

While I was on a Zoom meeting this morning, the phone rang so thought I'd better answer it...

"This is...[muffled]...calling you from Microsoft"
*sigh*
"No, you're not, this is a scam. Go away"
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP1"
*click*

In other news, 'er indoors starts a course of oral chemo on Friday for 2 months and in the middle she will have two weeks of radiotherapy. Hopefully that'll bring the count down from its rather nasty high of 1,600. It should be < 35...

Author:  RogerOThornhill [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 4:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

I know this will come as a surprise but Mayoral candidate Shaun Bailey isn't very bright...

https://twitter.com/RespectIsVital/stat ... 9122660352

And as was pointed out

Quote:
Jonn Elledge
@JonnElledge
Brentwood is outside London, and also nobody drives that, even before Crossrail it's a decent train service and it means you don't get stuck in traffic in Gants Hill for months at a time, how is Shaun Bailey so crap

Author:  AnatolyKasparov [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

citizenJA wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
Sorry to say I am a bit cynical about this, there is no "single neat trick" that will unite what is a very disparate 57% of the vote.

Tories lose office when their support markedly drops, that's what needs to happen.

(cJA bold)

Is that bit in bold accurate, AK?

I suggest it's not the number of people voting Tory but people not voting at all and/or people voting for different parties in the first past the post electoral system as deciding factors for Tory governments getting returned.
I


Certainly within living memory, yes.

Tories have lost power in 1945, 1964, 1974 and 1997 - in all those their support was well down on the preceding GEs that they won.

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 5:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

RogerOThornhill wrote:
---
In other news, 'er indoors starts a course of oral chemo on Friday for 2 months and in the middle she will have two weeks of radiotherapy. Hopefully that'll bring the count down from its rather nasty high of 1,600. It should be < 35...
please give my love to your family
:heart:

Author:  AnatolyKasparov [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Yes all the best to Roger and his Mrs.

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

What I meant is that the Tory party getting returned to government isn't done by their having gained much greater support from the electorate. The Tory party buys advertising, controls media, lies and prevents as many people as possible from voting at all. The Tory party will get anyone they can be sure of voting Tory to vote every time.

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

There's rioting in Northern Ireland?
Is this correct?

Author:  refitman [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Interesting:

Quote:
Just Jews
@JustJewsUK
Update: In an apparent attempt to pre-empt an imminent High Court hearing, the Labour Party has this week published a previously secret Code of Conduct that it uses for judging members accused of antisemitism: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/justi ... y-members/


https://twitter.com/JustJewsUK/status/1 ... 31938?s=20

Author:  refitman [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

citizenJA wrote:
There's rioting in Northern Ireland?
Is this correct?

Well...not if you look at the BBC :roll:

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 7:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

refitman wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
There's rioting in Northern Ireland?
Is this correct?

Well...not if you look at the BBC :roll:

totalitarian regimes censure the news

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

I love you all.
Goodnight.
cJA

Author:  gilsey [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

refitman wrote:
Interesting:

Quote:
Just Jews
@JustJewsUK
Update: In an apparent attempt to pre-empt an imminent High Court hearing, the Labour Party has this week published a previously secret Code of Conduct that it uses for judging members accused of antisemitism: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/justi ... y-members/


https://twitter.com/JustJewsUK/status/1 ... 31938?s=20

This relates?

https://twitter.com/0Calamity/status/13 ... 5850848257

Quote:
CrémantCommunarde#ActivistLawyer
@0Calamity
Replying to
@0Calamity
9. The Party, under Starmer and Evans, has continued to use the very same Code of Conduct for which Corbyn, Corbyn supporters, and even lawyers like me, trying to be as objective as possible in the face of vile abuse, were vilified, libelled and traduced.

Author:  gilsey [ Wed 07 Apr, 2021 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wednesday 7th April 2021

Well.

Quote:
Boris Johnson
@BorisJohnson

United Kingdom government official
I am deeply concerned by the scenes of violence in Northern Ireland, especially attacks on PSNI who are protecting the public and businesses, attacks on a bus driver and the assault of a journalist. The way to resolve differences is through dialogue, not violence or criminality.

Perhaps you should have thought of that before.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/