Thursday 8th April 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 8th April 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 8th April 2021

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

@RO'T
Sorry to hear Mrs O'T needs more treatment, I hope it will be successful, best wishes to you both.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Northern Ireland getting the full "Brexit dividend" then?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Six nights of violence in NI
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The disorder seen this week has been linked to the loyalist anger over the Northern Ireland protocol, with checks on goods being shipped from Great Britain reinforcing fears over the region’s place in the union
Northern Ireland’s justice minister has said the government’s “dishonesty” over the consequences of hard Brexit has contributed to the anger felt by loyalists... .
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... t-minister" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... broken-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(cJA bold)
The legal changes, requirements necessary for trade because of Tory leadership's Brexit are huge and I understand anger and fear about those changes.
I don't know if the part about "loyalist anger" is at all accurate; I wasn't educated in the UK. I didn't grow up here. I'm unable to figure out if what's being attributed to loyalists' is appropriate or not. I'm sorry I can't make it clearer. I've many other things going on here too that make concentrating difficult.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've got to take a break again. My head aches. I'll be back.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

citizenJA wrote:I've got to take a break again. My head aches. I'll be back.
See ya, Arnie.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good evening.

Thanks all for your good wishes to me and 'er indoors.

From DAG...

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/sta ... 9232040972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see DFH is trying to deflect the blame onto Remainers which is a stretch to say the least.

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/13 ... 2150530049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And good to see the truly dire Hoey getting the full blast of "This is what you wanted!" earlier.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ok so I got the wine in for Question Time and it's not on for some reason.

So what the hell am I supposed to shout at now?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Ok so I got the wine in for Question Time and it's not on for some reason.

So what the hell am I supposed to shout at now?
Easter holidays. I can't see why political coverage reduces simply because Parliament isn't sitting, but it does. It's not as if there's nothing going on.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Thanks Roger, Dan Hodges will do instead.

Right Dan, so it's we remainers fault for not accepting May's deal is it?

Despite the fact it actually failed to pass because the DUP and ERG headcases voted against it.

Let me make a proposition to you Dan. You can eat this shit sandwich right now or you can wait a bit to see what happens and if things go in your favour there's a small chance you won't have to eat a shit sandwich at all.

What will it be Dan? Shit sandwich now or are you going to pass and cling to the hope you won't have to eat a shit sandwich even though you know if things go against you you'll have to eat a double shit sandwich quaterpounder?

What's that Dan? You're going to wait and take you chances?

I thought so.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor wrote:Easter holidays. I can't see why political coverage reduces simply because Parliament isn't sitting, but it does. It's not as if there's nothing going on.
Of course. It's Easter Thursday. Silly me.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

After all this Unionist violence I wonder if the BBC will have Arlene Foster voiced by an actor.

Or make her inhale helium.

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Wonder if Rishi might be in a bit of trouble?

https://twitter.com/bphillipsonMP/statu ... 2697653249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tweets 5-7 are the potential smoking guns...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oops.

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/statu ... 5621123077" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Wonder if Rishi might be in a bit of trouble?
If Matt Hancock can get away with handing his favourite pub landlord millions of pounds to produce defective plastic test tubes in a barn on a farm using bouncy castles as decontamination chambers then I suspect Rishi Sunak will be fine.

Texting about indulging in corruption but then not actually following through with it places him at the peak of Tory party probity right now.

We must, of course, have sympathy for Mr Cameron who has lost a lot of money as a result of this affair and could have to sleep in his £25,000 shed.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Oops.

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/statu ... 5621123077" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
To be fair I thought the 'glorious twelfth' was when pissed toff wankers started slaughtering gouse.

I had no idea it was an important date in the calender for people who would shoot humans.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Grouse.

Red grouse. If you disturb them on the moors they make a noise like the Penguin from 60's Batman. If you get too close to a nest with chicks the mother will fly off and try to lure you away pretending she's got a broken wing. These aren't farmed birds like pheasants, they're wild, deliberately lured into an enviroment created to appeal to them. Until some drunken hooray Henry with a shotgun comes along.

I wonder. Is it worse for humans to kill one another than kill other creatures for sport?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

It depends on the reason humans kill one another.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I can see in my mind a desperate Boris Johnson running and stumbling between trees as the beaters behind him try to flush him out.

He curses the fact that he's so fat and unfit as he stops and hides behind an ancient oak and tries to catch his breath.

Above the canopy of the trees he sees a drone flying, but he knows a trick. He carefully covers himself in mud like Arnie from The Predator and soon the drone moves away.

He knows that if only he can get through these woods then there's a pub and Rotary Club and if he can reach either he'll be safe.

But what's that barking? Are they on his scent?

(Let the public record show that a Mr B. Jonhson was torn apart by hounds from the local hunt.)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.