Thursday 6th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 6th November 2014

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:JP Janson De Couet retweeted
Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 4m4 minutes ago
Just two Labour MPs want Ed Miliband to stand down? That's quite low. There's about 20 Tory MPs who want Cameron to step down, no? #wato
There is no mechanism in the Labour Party to oust a leader. There is no ready successor, it is Blairite self harm.

Two MPs, Stringer and Danczuk. Pathetic.
Indeed!
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Just two Labour MPs want Ed Miliband to stand down? That's quite low. There's about 20 Tory MPs who want Cameron to step down, no? #wato
Stringer & one other (Hoey or Danczuk ??) would be my guess.

I find all this utterly soul-destroying & ultimately it is dragging everybody down, demanding an energy to fight the party from within rather than fighting the enemy ie the govt.

I agree trying to suggest to Lucy Powell that she tries to gain an interview with Elle but I'm not sure suggesting it by twitter is the best method. How about writing it out & sending it to her constituency office ?

Seeing the smirking, fat twats (Neil, Liddle & McBride) on Daily Politics hasn't improved my feelings of despondency which were dealt a blow when I looked at the line up for QT:

Charles Kennedy
Douglas Alexander
Brandon Lewis
Mel Phillips
Matt Forde

although the QT website says Rachel Reeves is a guest :cry:

edit to add from Andrew's blog:
At least two Labour MPs have formally called for Miliband to go, BBC says

On the World at One the BBC is saying at least two Labour MPs have formally asked for Ed Miliband to be be replaced.

This from the BBC’s Ross Hawkins.

Some Labour MPs have long insisted in private that the party would be better off without Ed Miliband. Now the BBC has been told that they have gone to the chair of the parliamentary Labour party, Dave Watts, to make their views known. One backbencher said that he had called for the leader to go and been told by a colleague that he had done likewise.
Ross Hawkins @rosschawkins
Follow
Ed Miliband will address this today. Labour source: we're not going to be distracted by noises off now
1:07 PM - 6 Nov 2014
FFS !! :fire:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Grrr.....

Have finally had a response from the BBC after asking them to confirm/clarify the number of times UKIPers have appeared on Question Time since 2010 and how that may/may not be a lot more than other small parties who had a total of 17 MPs between them.

Typical sh**e BBC evasive answer, not actually tackling my questions and giving a patronising answer.

''Dear Mrs xxxxxxx

Reference xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting us regarding Question Time.

We understand you have read in a blog that UKIP have appeared on the programme “26 times” and would like to know why this is the case.

We appreciate your concern and while we’re unable to comment on an external blog. The amount of time spent covering a political party depends greatly on the prevailing news agenda, as well as on broader assessments of its electoral support. UKIP have been involved in a number of significant stories affecting UK politics as of late.
In the past few months there have been two high profile defections from the Conservative Party to UKIP, amid speculation that more MPs could follow.
This resulted in the triggering of a by-election in Clacton, which in turn saw UKIP win their first seat in Parliament. UKIP came second in the recent by-election in Heywood and Middleton, only 617 votes behind the Labour Party.
The party’s performance in these by-elections has seen UKIP making inroads in Labour and Conservative strongholds.

Taking all these factors into consideration, it follows that UKIP have featured in our news coverage as of late.
As with any other political party, they have been properly held to account.
The party’s representatives have been suitably pressed and challenged on their policies and positions during flagship programmes like ‘Question Time’, ‘Today’ and ‘Newsnight’.
The 13 October edition of Panorama looked specifically at Nigel Farage’s leadership, exploring his background, business dealings and often controversial political positions.

While discussing core UKIP policies, particularly membership of the EU and immigration, opposing political perspectives have featured, allowing our audience to make up their own minds on the issues at hand.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Kind regards
Patrick Clyde''

I am now going to complain about Patrick Clyde's response, it's obvious they don't even bother to address what you have actually asked/complained about but just send a stock response with a but tacked on.

Anyone ever tried to escalate a request for info/complaint ?
Mr Clyde seems very reluctant to confirm/deny just how many times UKIP have been on QT.
I think I would send in an FOI at the same time now. OK it may take longer (but I doubt it somehow...) but at least they have to specifically address the information you ask for or refuse it (but I can't see on what grounds they could ... it really shouldn't be cost resource prohibitive to count up and give comparison data for political party representation on a single programme) - they can't give you a sideways non answer like that.
Working on the wild side.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Lonewolfie wrote:I've read a bit this a.m. about how that useless, weak, weird looking absolutely totally unelectable Mr Ed has 'brought 2 close allies into the Shadow Cabinet' and 'called for the cavalry' 'just 6 months before the election' :shock: Nothing whatsoever to do with someone fully in control of what they're doing, knowing the MSM are relentlessly negative, knowing there's 6 months 'til the election, knowing Jim Murphy would stand down to focus on Scottish Labour, knowing Lucy Powell works well as the election co-ordinator and that making a change around now starts the ball rolling. I admit to being heartened when I heard Ms Powell stating clearly and categorically the Ed Miliband is a fantastic asset to the Labour Party and she's going to see that he gets out and about bit more, meets a few more people and starts to push back against the negativity. It's almost as thought there is a Party leader who thinks ahead and doesn't take too much notice of tomorrows chip wrappers. :)
Good post & good news indeed. Your last sentence is particularly good. I've made it my business to find out all I can about Ed Miliband. This is what he does well - he's consistent, methodical & doesn't bounce up & down on command. He's not a reactive leader - Miliband works with care.

21st century 24/7 news on amphetamines can't cope with such a person. He's apparently honourable as well. Oh, my god, the nerve of the man.

I'm frightened of current government, people. I'm frightened of them & those supporting their policies. Please get everyone out to vote current government gone. Neglect democracy & you wake up with crazy people in leadership.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Thomas Hemingford retweeted
The Green Party ‏@TheGreenParty 13m13 minutes ago
.@CarolineLucas named 'MP of the year' http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/ ... -the-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … #VoteGreen2015 *

* I'm not endorsing this BTW ;-)
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Have finally had a response from the BBC after asking them to confirm/clarify the number of times UKIPers have appeared on Question Time since 2010 and how that may/may not be a lot more than other small parties who had a total of 17 MPs between them.

Typical sh**e BBC evasive answer, not actually tackling my questions and giving a patronising answer.

''Dear Mrs xxxxxxx

Reference xxxxxxxxxx

We understand you have read in a blog that UKIP have appeared on the programme “26 times” and would like to know why this is the case.

We appreciate your concern and while we’re unable to comment on an external blog. The amount of time spent covering a political party depends greatly on the prevailing news agenda, as well as on broader assessments of its electoral support. UKIP have been involved in a number of significant stories affecting UK politics as of late.
In the past few months there have been two high profile defections from the Conservative Party to UKIP, amid speculation that more MPs could follow.
This resulted in the triggering of a by-election in Clacton, which in turn saw UKIP win their first seat in Parliament. UKIP came second in the recent by-election in Heywood and Middleton, only 617 votes behind the Labour Party.
The party’s performance in these by-elections has seen UKIP making inroads in Labour and Conservative strongholds.

Taking all these factors into consideration, it follows that UKIP have featured in our news coverage as of late.
The party’s representatives have been suitably pressed and challenged on their policies and positions during flagship programmes like ‘Question Time’, ‘Today’ and ‘Newsnight’.
The 13 October edition of Panorama looked specifically at Nigel Farage’s leadership, exploring his background, business dealings and often controversial political positions.

While discussing core UKIP policies, particularly membership of the EU and immigration, opposing political perspectives have featured, allowing our audience to make up their own minds on the issues at hand.

Kind regards
Patrick Clyde''

I am now going to complain about Patrick Clyde's response, it's obvious they don't even bother to address what you have actually asked/complained about but just send a stock response with a but tacked on.

Mr Clyde seems very reluctant to confirm/deny just how many times UKIP have been on QT.
ArecBalrin/Mason Dixon/Whatever he's calling himself now put in a complaint about that John Humphrys' programme on welfare reform. They tried to fob him off similarly but found out, the hard way, you don't attempt to fob off an autistic guy with the bit between his teeth! Took him a lot of time & persistence to get a decent answer though.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Everyone - the clocks are an hour ahead on the website posting dates.

It's only 1.38 not 2.38
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Critics and supporters of Miliband alike said they had no knowledge of a letter aimed at removing him.

One supportive shadow minister said: "I'm not aware of any letter and I'm not aware of any conspiracy."

The shadow minister dismissed the criticism of Miliband, blaming "serial dissenters".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29935172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I adore ArecBalrin. Absolutely phenomenal commentator.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Old friend of Nick Clegg gives Lib Dems £30,000 – and then axes 160 jobs
http://tompride.wordpress.com/
There's a very unpleasant smell coming off the information in this ...
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

pk1 wrote:

Critics and supporters of Miliband alike said they had no knowledge of a letter aimed at removing him.

One supportive shadow minister said: "I'm not aware of any letter and I'm not aware of any conspiracy."

The shadow minister dismissed the criticism of Miliband, blaming "serial dissenters".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29935172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So no names - just "Labour backbenchers & sources".
Last edited by citizenJA on Thu 06 Nov, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

citizenJA wrote:Everyone - the clocks are an hour ahead on the website posting dates.

It's only 1.38 not 2.38
Hi JA

That's your personal settings!

You need to go to User Control Panel (top right) then click on Board Preferences or something (left) and uncheck summertime ;-)
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

pk1 wrote:
Stringer & one other (Hoey or Danczuk ??) would be my guess.

I find all this utterly soul-destroying & ultimately it is dragging everybody down, demanding an energy to fight the party from within rather than fighting the enemy ie the govt.

I agree trying to suggest to Lucy Powell that she tries to gain an interview with Elle but I'm not sure suggesting it by twitter is the best method. How about writing it out & sending it to her constituency office ?

Seeing the smirking, fat twats (Neil, Liddle & McBride) on Daily Politics hasn't improved my feelings of despondency which were dealt a blow when I looked at the line up for QT:

Charles Kennedy
Douglas Alexander
Brandon Lewis
Mel Phillips
Matt Forde

although the QT website says Rachel Reeves is a guest :cry:

edit to add from Andrew's blog:
At least two Labour MPs have formally called for Miliband to go, BBC says

On the World at One the BBC is saying at least two Labour MPs have formally asked for Ed Miliband to be be replaced.

This from the BBC’s Ross Hawkins.

Some Labour MPs have long insisted in private that the party would be better off without Ed Miliband. Now the BBC has been told that they have gone to the chair of the parliamentary Labour party, Dave Watts, to make their views known. One backbencher said that he had called for the leader to go and been told by a colleague that he had done likewise.
Ross Hawkins @rosschawkins
Follow
Ed Miliband will address this today. Labour source: we're not going to be distracted by noises off now
1:07 PM - 6 Nov 2014
FFS !! :fire:
On the other hand, it gives 'weak' Mr Ed the opportunity to slap them down firmly with an 'I'm going nowhere and if you don't like it, you can f*** off' - showing strength, resolve and courage (a bit like he did with Uncle Rupert - a substantially more dangerous opponent). I live in...yada yada :) I don't suppose the Renegade 2 are particularly popular with their colleagues, either. (2? Really? 2 whole MPs after 4 1/2 years of relentless negativity and fish pointing? I'd say that's a win for Mr Ed!)
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Everyone - the clocks are an hour ahead on the website posting dates.

It's only 1.38 not 2.38
Hi JA

That's your personal settings!

You need to go to User Control Panel (top right) then click on Board Preferences or something (left) and uncheck summertime ;-)
Oops. Thank you, Paul. :rock:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

We haven't done this one for a while ;-)
7:01AM BST 18 Oct 2010

SIR – It has been suggested that the deficit reduction programme set out by George Osborne in his emergency Budget should be watered down and spread over more than one parliament. We believe that this would be a mistake.
Addressing the debt problem in a decisive way will improve business and consumer confidence. Reducing the deficit more slowly would mean additional borrowing every year, higher national debt, and therefore higher spending on interest payments.
The cost of delay would result in almost £100 billion of additional national debt by the end of this parliament alone. In the end, the result would be deeper cuts, or further tax rises, in order to pay for the extra debt interest.
The cost of delay could be even greater than this. As recent events in some European countries have demonstrated, if the markets lose faith in Britain, interest rates will rise for all of us.
There is no reason to think that the pace of consolidation envisaged in the Budget will undermine the recovery.
Related Articles
Cut now or pay later, say business leaders 17 Oct 2010
The private sector should be more than capable of generating additional jobs to replace those lost in the public sector, and the redeployment of people to more productive activities will improve economic performance, so generating more employment opportunities.
So, each writing in our personal capacity, we would encourage George Osborne and the Government to press ahead with his plans to reduce the deficit.
In the long run it will deliver a healthier and more stable economy.

Will Adderley
CEO, Dunelm Group

Robert Bensoussan
Chairman, L.K. Bennett

Andy Bond
Chairman, ASDA

Ian Cheshire
Chief Executive, Kingfisher

Gerald Corbett
Chairman, SSL International, moneysupermarket.com, Britvic

Peter Cullum
Executive Chairman, Towergate

Tej Dhillon
Chairman and CEO, Dhillon Group

Philip Dilley
Chairman, Arup

Charles Dunstone
Chairman, Carphone Warehouse Group
Chairman, TalkTalk Telecom Group

Warren East
CEO, ARM Holdings

Gordon Frazer
Managing Director, Microsoft UK

Sir Christopher Gent
Non-Executive Chairman, GlaxoSmithKline

Ben Gordon
Chief Executive, Mothercare

Anthony Habgood
Chairman, Whitbread
Chairman, Reed Elsevier

Aidan Heavey
Chief Executive, Tullow Oil

Neil Johnson
Chairman, UMECO

Nick Leslau
Chairman, Prestbury Group

Ian Livingston
CEO, BT Group

Ruby McGregor-Smith
CEO, MITIE Group

Rick Medlock
CFO, Inmarsat; Non-Executive Director lovefilms.com, The Betting Group

John Nelson
Chairman, Hammerson

Stefano Pessina
Executive Chairman, Alliance Boots

Nick Prest
Chairman, AVEVA

Nick Robertson
CEO, ASOS

Sir Stuart Rose
Chairman, Marks & Spencer

Tim Steiner
CEO, Ocado

Andrew Sukawaty
Chairman and CEO, Inmarsat

Michael Turner
Executive Chairman, Fuller, Smith and Turner

Moni Varma
Chairman, Veetee

Paul Walker
Chief Executive, Sage

Paul Walsh
Chief Executive, Diageo

Robert Walters
CEO, Robert Walters

Joseph Wan
Chief Executive, Harvey Nichols

Bob Wigley
Chairman, Expansys, Stonehaven Associates, Yell Group

Simon Wolfson
Chief Executive, Next
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@Lonewolfie -
On the other hand, it gives 'weak' Mr Ed the opportunity to slap them down firmly with an 'I'm going nowhere and if you don't like it, you can f*** off' - showing strength, resolve and courage (a bit like he did with Uncle Rupert - a substantially more dangerous opponent). I live in...yada yada :) I don't suppose the Renegade 2 are particularly popular with their colleagues, either. (2? Really? 2 whole MPs after 4 1/2 years of relentless negativity and fish pointing? I'd say that's a win for Mr Ed!)
Precisely.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Yes, I heard the wato. It was like 'dramatic events unfolding as we speak' style. Except they aren't. I hate the BBC with a passion these days. Following item was about a government rebellion of up to 100 Tory MPs but obviously not as important because Cameron's a proper leader of course.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Smithson has just tweeted odds on who to succeed Miliband, it has Purnell has one of the riders.

Fuck Off! He isn't even an MP! ***** like him make me lose the will.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Blair is 33/1 to 1 FFS.

That's it, the bloke is a clown, no longer will I take him seriously.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Lonewolfie wrote:
Good point !

As it happens, Andrew has updated the 'statement' announcement:
Labour dismisses leadership threat reports as 'noises off'

Labour sources dispute the BBC claim that Ed Miliband will be making a statement about his leadership this afternoon. (See 1.08pm.) What’s actually happening is that Miliband is doing a TV clip on bus regulation on a regional visit, a source said. The source went on:
This party has been united in our determination to be a one-term opposition for the last four years. We will not led any noises off distract us.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Blair is 33/1 to 1 FFS.

Smithson ? Tbh, I've felt like that for a long while now.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

It is hardly Smithson's fault that some punters are clueless dickheads, tbf.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

He puts himself across and is viewed as a serious commentator, posting links that leave you incredulous suggest he is nothing of the sort.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ian Dunt retweeted
Rob Preece @RobPreeceOnline · 2h 2 hours ago
Barely a week after the probation preferred bidders were announced, it seems that one of the partners has withdrawn.
:?:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

;-)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 14.12.29.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 14.12.29.png (40.94 KiB) Viewed 14234 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton @georgeeaton · 21m 21 minutes ago
Miliband's inclusive leadership style is one reason so few MPs are calling for him to go.

George Eaton @georgeeaton · 19m 19 minutes ago
A marked contrast with Cameron whose backbench critics often feel neglected.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

I'm guessing today's new a/c at the Graun, PewtyByName, is Hugo - again ?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Interesting at the NS these days. The Editor has called against Miliband as we know, but George Eaton seems to be ever more supportive.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Interesting at the NS these days. The Editor has called against Miliband as we know, but George Eaton seems to be ever more supportive.
Yes - it is interesting. I've recently found myself wishing that George Eaton would do a live politics blog in the NS - as the alternative to AS which I can no longer look at since it turned Beta.

Surely another publication could offer something ... or does it take a massive amount of teccy spend?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

BBC Politics retweeted
Chris Mason ‏@ChrisMasonBBC 3m3 minutes ago
Former Labour minister--deeply frustrated with Ed Miliband's leadership--has told me "people normally grow into the role, but he's shrunk."

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

The editor at the NS, Jason Cowley, is a dyed in the wool Blairite.

Tellingly, his anti-Ed piece concluded by saying that Labour should dump social democracy.......for what, exactly?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Emma Burnell retweeted
LabourList @LabourList · 3h 3 hours ago
We have a long way to go on gender equality, but today we should praise the Labour Party, argues @EmmaBurnell_ http://labli.st/1sj4AoL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Usual "Ed is finished" piece by Havisham at the Telegraph; but is he right this time, on the basis even a stopped clock is right occasionally? Usually reliable commentators, like Bonnie Greer, are giving it credence. :-(
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

It's the death rattle of the blairites. Given the lack of numbers willing to criticise (even off the record) I'm seeing this as a positive. Miliband has done a superb job keeping the party from open warfare. Contrast that with Cameron.
If Reckless wins the fuel will have been added to the flames.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:BBC Politics retweeted
Former Labour minister--deeply frustrated with Ed Miliband's leadership--has told me "people normally grow into the role, but he's shrunk."

Not quite sure why that's funny PfY. (Of course it may be just hysterical giggles or a sardonic stupid 'f****ers' snort of laughter.)

Myself - I'd like to smack the 'former Labour minister' round the chops with a rotten fish - or find a particularly painful way to make them a 'former entire Labour minister'.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

''Dear Mrs xxxxxxx

Reference xxxxxxxxxx

Kind regards
Patrick Clyde''

ArecBalrin/Mason Dixon/Whatever he's calling himself now put in a complaint about that John Humphrys' programme on welfare reform. They tried to fob him off similarly but found out, the hard way, you don't attempt to fob off an autistic guy with the bit between his teeth! Took him a lot of time & persistence to get a decent answer though.

Just linking to his blog.For those who don't know he has been banned from the Guardian for some time.

http://masondixonautistic.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Not quite sure why that's funny PfY. (Of course it may be just hysterical giggles or a sardonic stupid 'f****ers' snort of laughter.)

Myself - I'd like to smack the 'former Labour minister' round the chops with a rotten fish - or find a particularly painful way to make them a 'former entire Labour minister'.
I'm sorry it just made me laugh. And I can't quite explain why ;-)
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Would a couple of these do it for you ?

Last edited by pk1 on Thu 06 Nov, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

At the moment we have Podemos leading the polls in Spain, SYZRIA in Greece, and (despite the fact not-Hugo was waxing lyrical about its supposed new economic "miracle" in the other place today) Sinn Fein (!!) the most popular party in Ireland. Too many miss that what is happening here is part of a wider trend in the West - and yes, dissatifaction with the neoliberal "consensus" is at its heart (whether the beneficiaries are left or right wing)

Idiotic delusional Blairite holdovers who think nothing has changed since the mid-90s will merely take Labour towards perdition :twisted:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Private landlords to own £1tn of property by 2015
Figures show sector worth three-and-a-half times more than 2001, with new pension rules likely to see more money flow in (Guardian)
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/n ... 15-renting
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

HindleA wrote: Just linking to his blog.For those who don't know he has been banned from the Guardian for some time.

http://masondixonautistic.blogspot.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not surprised, he rode his luck for an awfully long time; like Rusty (although from a different viewpoint, obviously) he seemed to be able to say things that would get others banned with no comeback. The Guardian's loss imo.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

What would we make of a modern day Guy Fawkes if we bumped into him under Parliament?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wh ... ay-4572848
I really don't like her (after her sour anti-Edism on The Agenda the other night) but this is good - very good.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Good to see Diane Abbott supporting Miliband on Twitter
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

pk1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Would a couple of these do it for you ?

Thank you PK. A skip load might be sufficient for what I have in mind, I think.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

PorFavor wrote:
Private landlords to own £1tn of property by 2015
Figures show sector worth three-and-a-half times more than 2001, with new pension rules likely to see more money flow in (Guardian)
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/n ... 15-renting
I said that before about these pensions. Take money you've had tax relief for, stick it in the housing market. Ridiculous.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ephemerid wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Frances Ryan @frances__ryan · 16h 16 hours ago
IDS now trialling IN-WORK sanctions. People who reject extra hours will lose benefits via "in-work conditionality". http://www.expressandstar.com/business/ ... -trialled/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

This isn't news - the claimants involved are all on Universal Credit.
Which comes with in-built in-work sanctions.
But aren't the people on it all jobless and single because that's all it can work on?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Telegraph has Miliband facing "open calls" from his own MPs to go.

Except they are in fact reports of comments from two unnamed MPs :roll:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Dear heavens - do these people exist or are they just Ukip trolls ???

UKIP PER ‏@UKIPPER4ever · 2m2 minutes ago
@WomenDefyUKIP Allow scroungers to fake disability doesnt help the real disabled. @Annabecka @brianlongstaff @GaryWinstanley

UKIP PER ‏@UKIPPER4ever · 2m2 minutes ago
@WomenDefyUKIP We need UKIP to sort out the whole disability benefit once and for all. @Annabecka @brianlongstaff @GaryWinstanley

UKIP PER @UKIPPER4ever

Love UKIP. We are going to keep Thatcher's legacy alive by destroying whats left of socialism in the UK. The party that will defeat racism - like Thatcher did
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Good to see Diane Abbott supporting Miliband on Twitter
Speak for yourself, any time I agree with DA I get depressed.
Release the Guardvarks.