Wednesday 14th April 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 14th April 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 14th April 2021

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Civil servant advised Greensill while working in Whitehall, says watchdog

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-watchdog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On Monday Boris Johnson bowed to pressure to order an independent inquiry. The Guardian understands No 10 has ordered that inquiry to examine the approval process that meant Crothers was given leave to advise the company while still an impartial civil servant. Sources said the approval was given by the former Cabinet Office permanent secretary John Manzoni.
So Manzoni didn't think anything wrong with being a civil servant and working in the private sector at the same time? Why is that I wonder?
In February 2014, Manzoni joined the British civil service as the chief executive of the Major Projects Authority, a role under the remit of the Cabinet Office.[13] His former BP boss John Browne, who had also left BP in 2007 sat on Manzoni's appointment panel but did not chair it.[14]

Whilst in this role, Manzoni also served as a director for the brewing and beverage company SABMiller, chair of the energy company Leyshon Energy and an adviser to the venture capital company Adamant Ventures.[15
Ah.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Its easy to be cynical, but this is looking like it could be quite big now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Look what's back...

Boris Johnson to revive Tony Blair’s No 10 Delivery Unit to steer ‘levelling up’ agenda

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 29645.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony Blair’s old Delivery Unit at 10 Downing Street is to be revived by Boris Johnson to keep his flagship “levelling up” agenda on track.

The Prime Minister has been meeting the unit’s founder Sir Michael Barber, who was dubbed the Delivery Tsar during the New Labour era, to get advice on how to ensure vital objectives are progressed through Whitehall.

Mr Johnson’s plan to revive the unit is revealed exclusively in tonight’s Evening Standard by award-winning new columnist Tom Newton-Dunn, who writes: “So impressed is this PM by Barber, I learn that Johnson too has decided to reform the No10 Delivery Unit that was closed down by the Coalition Government in 2010.
Always thought that getting rid of that was a particularly stupid thing of Cameron to do.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Starmer almost seemed to be enjoying himself at PMQs today, more of this please.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Entertaining piece from Jonathan Simons about the PM's new Delivery Unit.

https://jonathansimons1982.medium.com/d ... a46d2a9e81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Details, details, details.

Every two months or so, the PM held a ‘stocktake’ with Secretaries of State and priorities were explored down to an incredible level of detail. Why wasn’t truancy improving? Where exactly in the stats were the ‘stuck’ schools; what did they have in common; what was the mechanism the DfES was trying to do to move them and what analysis had been done as to why that was or wasn’t working? This is the single biggest thing that worries me about a Johnson Delivery Unit. The PM has to sweat the details, and really care about them — not just hand it off the PMDU to scrutinise.
Oh dear...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Anyone around today apart from me and Rog?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Hahahahahaha (I am 12) :clap:

https://twitter.com/StefSimanowitz/stat ... 92513?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Wait. What?
Telegraph Business
@telebusiness
EXCLUSIVE: Former Commissioner of the Met Police Lord Hogan-Howe was a paid adviser to collapsed lender Greensill Capital at the same time as working at the heart of Whitehall.

@BenGartside
and
@tomelleryrees
report https://telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/0 ... l-scandal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chase them all into the sea - the whole stinking rabble...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

This is starting to snowball a bit innit?