Monday 19th April 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 19th April 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 19th April 2021

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.
Pippa Crerar
@PippaCrerar
BREAKING: Boris Johnson cancels India trip later this week. No 10: “In the light of the current coronavirus situation, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will not be able to travel to India next week."
9:47 AM · Apr 19, 2021·Twitter Web App
But is India on the red list?

Nope.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Wow.
David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
Breaking: Jose Mourinho sacked as Tottenham manager
@TheAthleticUK
#THFC
10:22 AM · Apr 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
[quote]Trevor Azul
@thechicoazul
·
10m
Breaking: Tottenham Hotspur have fired Jose Mourinho after an explosive morning where he refused to take players onto training ground over the club’s proposed Super League admission. More to follow. TA.[/quote]

Good for him.

If the other coaches did the same I could see this thing crumbling into dust quite quickly. Needs players to come out against it as well.

Edit - the reason given is a fake apparently.
Last edited by RogerOThornhill on Mon 19 Apr, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Ian
@SpainInTheArse
Replying to
@chrismbbcsport
and
@AlexInAir
According to Flightradar24, there are 7 flights from India into Heathrow today: 1 from Mumbai, 2 from Bengaluru and 4 from Delhi. Those are just the direct flights.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Hard to see Klopp going along with it.

That may be my first and last comment on the subject.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Jose being the good guy over all this was never quite believable tbf.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Did we see this?

Might be worth a read...download is in the link.

HEARTS AND MINDS: WINNING THE WORKING-CLASS VOTE

https://fabians.org.uk/publication/hearts-and-minds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Many former Labour supporters feel the party left them long before they left it. The party cannot take for granted even the seats it holds, and to win again, it needs to rebuild its connection with working-class voters in every corner of the UK. How can it re-establish the relationships, communications and values it needs to win back voters’ trust and support?

In this collection, Labour MPs look to the future, setting out what the party must do to regain the confidence of working people. Labour under Keir Starmer has made real progress in re-establishing a serious claim to be considered an alternative government. But there is still much to do. This collection offers both insights into the nature of the task ahead and threads of fresh thinking on rebuilding Labour’s appeal.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I thought somebody might have commented on this Starmer business by now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Along the lines of I've lived near Bath all my life but have never heard of a pub called "The Raven" let alone drunk there? Sounds like one of those swanky 'gastro pubs'. Which makes the landlord's claim he's "voted Labour all his life" sound more than a little dubious, especially given Bath's general political leanings.

Link for those not yet familiar with the story:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ovid-rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Update:

Apparently I have drunk in "The Raven". Only back then it was called "The Hatchet". And I don't remember any pies. Or any food for that matter. I do remember a semi-conscious skinhead vomiting all over the flaw before continuing to drink his pint..... It was a bit of a biker/goth pub back in the day. Needless to say it's changed a tad in recent times. Curious much of the coverage seems to omit the fact that the "staff member" who invited Labour was actually a co-owner type of "staff member" which puts a slightly different spin on "get out of my pub".

Set up or cock up?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb