Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th November 2014

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote::shock: (in response to RR above)
Yep.

Forgive me, I've misunderstood you. I've read the child abuse story in the link posted directly above yours.
I enjoyed all the comments. Please excuse me for not thinking ahead about comment position.
Last edited by citizenJA on Sun 09 Nov, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Willow904 wrote:Evening everyone. I'd just like to thank everyone who took the time to welcome me to twitter yesterday. I've uploaded the same pic to both this site and my twitter page so everyone who found me can be sure it's me as I used my real name for twitter (didn't feel right following Stephen King with a pseudonym somehow, don't know why).

Anyhow, I haven't been able to look at the papers much today. Too many stupid rumours being written up multiple times as "news" (yawn) so I really appreciate this site as you all find such great links and so save me doing the leg work searching the net myself. So thanks again and keep up the good work!
I've just found you! :) Had so many new followers yesterday I must have missed your "follow" so sorry for late follow back :)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote::shock: (in response to RR above)
Yep.

Forgive me, I've misunderstood you. I've read the child abuse story in the link posted directly above yours.
Ah - that's a bit of unfortunate juxtaposition. I hadn't seen that post - rest assured Citizen. My garrulous humour was entirely aimed at the Tom Pride blog ...
Working on the wild side.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Fair dues to the Guardian, they managed to turn a piece about an inadequate hospital and services in Rochester into a sly dig how badly Labour are doing there. How the hell UKIP will improve it is beyond me?!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Al Capone was sent up to prison as a convicted tax dodger in the US.
Yes, indeed.

None of this of course means Hayman was pimping out young kids to the Cabinet- he had enough friends who'd want to help him anyway- but I'm starting to see a conspiracy more than I have before.
On a similar subject, somebody mentioned 'the magic circle' a few days ago. It looks as if it might be about to resurface:
A PLAN to hold public inquiry into historical child abuse in Scotland is being prepared by the Scottish Government, Scotland on Sunday has learned.
Ministers are looking at establishing a high-profile investigation into allegations of abuse carried out in care homes, educational institutions, by religious orders and by high-profile members of the Scottish establishment...

...The inquiry is also expected to examine allegations involving the late Conservative MP Nicholas Fairbairn and a prominent member of the legal establishment, Robert Henderson QC.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3599024
Arrrh that will be this then
QC’s daughter ‘raped by senior Tory MP at age 4’

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/n ... -1-3509203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

citizenJA wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:I know we've been here before, but how the hell do we get a press that can offset the right wing dominance? We used to have a public broadcaster which was quite valuable, but that's clearly no longer (and for ages hasn't been) the case. Maybe JK's got a few quid she could spare to set one up a quality paper and pay (among others) some of our star FTNers to provide the content.

If I had more money than Brenda I'd certainly be open to an approach ....
Hi TC, much of the intelligent and thoughtful commentary and analysis has already moved away from the press (as we know it) and onto the t'interwebs, so it follows that that's where the future is likely to be.

Already, places like FTN link to useful and informative sites that are miles more useful than the 'papers' since they quote raw facts and figures and suggest interpretations that you will never, ever find on the Graun and Fail websites. That is why FTN is my goto site and why I can safely discount and ignore the Graun for good. They'll get no more clicks and visits out of me, as it's a waste of my time and energy. The truth lies elsewhere.

That is why I've asked a few times here that if you still bother with the Graun, at least post up our URL in your profile and feel very free to invite switched on posters there to come here and register (and post). We're still slowly gathering new members, but we need more and we need to attract visitors and people who've become equally disillusioned by the crap served up by the MSM.

That is why I'm (personally) very much against the sorts of spat that has - apparently - seen Temulkar stop posting here. I very much regret that. FTN is, or should be, a far wider church than being an adherent of the Labour party. All shades of left are welcome, and any reasonable (ie, not bonkers) right wing poster is welcome here too. There is much to discuss and and all intelligent input is welcome. Remember, if you disagree with a post, it makes you examine your view to be able to reply.
One of the finest comments I've read today & you're up against some good competition. I've been reading here & reading the linked information inside posts.

You're right; I read the articles on the G, for example, reporting something from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), National Audit Office (NAO) or the Labour party. I have to go to the report or press release to get what's really happened or data compiled in a way published freely within their reports.

Egregiously horrid editorialising content on the G & other news websites NOT in the editorial section but reported as fact. When the G is called out on their mistakes, they disappear them - it's rare to find corrections in any place people are likely to see.

I grew accustomed to the G's format, the friends I met there are here, I found out about flythenest from Sparrow's blog & below the line commentary on the G. When the flow of mendacity becomes too great on the G, I come here to "talk" about the links & information really happening but not reported or worse, made up. It's increasingly toxic above & below the line on the G. Exposure to different opinions is a good thing. Chronic abuse from too many below the line toward me, toward other commentators isn't good & it happens too frequently now.

Your post above flipped a switch for me. The G still has commentators posting below the line I love dearly from different sections of news reported. I learn from them what I learn from everyone here.

Organisations & blogs on line post their different kinds information using science, facts & real life descriptions (excellent council meeting in Barnet). It makes good sense to spend less time on the G because it's getting too difficult to read so much inaccuracy after finding facts from sources available elsewhere.

I'm discovering fewer commentators below the line wish to disagree with me about the information from links I post in a meaningful way.

I'll post some there & keep track of those people reporting responsibly & suggest flythenest when it's appropriate to do so - I'll have to think carefully before I suggest it in a post or in my profile elsewhere.

Thank you for mentioning what happens when we vehemently disagree with others. Please stick around & wait to see if we can't continue learning good things from the continued dialogue. No one wants to lose friends. But we don't have to agree with our friends all the time. In fact, that's probably a sign of something not quite right if we're echoing each other - either too superficial, too afraid to contradict someone we admire, don't want to make a "fuss" or we're too insulated from other ideas.

I've written earlier on this thread today to call me out when I've made a mistake or I'm unclear. Don't worry so much. I'm writing all this as advice for myself. I'll post it hoping I've helped my friends who help me.
Thanks very much. Well I had to give you a bloody big thumbs up didn't I?

Your above is spot on. Feel free to get people over here, and remain aloof from the idea of a single source of data - even FTN. We don't and can't know it all, and it would be foolish to pretend it. We will prosper or fail on the quality of our posts and links and the innate quality of our debates, such as they are.

I think that Dan and Paul would readily agree with me that this site is open to all, and all are welcome. I would love to see some contrary voices here (waves (but not that vigorously) at Tizme!), but it's Ps & Qs when it happens. What we need is wider exposure, and any ideas on how to spread the word of what we're doing will be gratefully received.

For an example: if everyone who posts here did a Ponzi and relayed the URL to a couple of their mates, and asked them to do the same (were they so interested), I suspect we'd add more people and it's when you get to a certain tipping point - god knows where it is, but we ain't near it - that the site generates a lot more than it reports and comments on. If people came here to report news, I'd be like a dog with two dicks, as we'd suddenly be a competitor - and hopefully a more honest one - to the Groan and suchlike.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Fair dues to the Guardian, they managed to turn a piece about an inadequate hospital and services in Rochester into a sly dig how badly Labour are doing there. How the hell UKIP will improve it is beyond me?!
It would be fascinating to see/attend a Guardian editorial meeting. I guess the only question to a proposed piece these days would be:

"will it make Labour/Ed look bad? Yes? Great - Let's do it!"
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:I loved this comparison
Seems to be missing Marc Almond and Liza Minnelli.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jim Pickard @PickardJE · 6h 6 hours ago
An extra-terrestrial observer could be forgiven for thinking it was Labour about to lose a second by election to Ukip, not the Conservatives
Working on the wild side.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Whilst looking for Willow I noticed we now have 246 followers on twitter, how about a daily tweet sort of - "come read the news and add to the debate"
Could try it for a week or so ?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... vindicated" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
graun wrote: The Guardian view on Britain’s jobs market: Miliband’s diagnosis vindicated
Labour’s leader is under pressure. He should remind critics that he spotted Britain’s big problems with pay and upward mobility early, and turn his mind towards solutions
Do the G want him to remind them of this fact? It's all getting a bit Twilight Zone.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jim Pickard @PickardJE · 6h 6 hours ago
An extra-terrestrial observer could be forgiven for thinking it was Labour about to lose a second by election to Ukip, not the Conservatives

Never a truer word tweeted!
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Yes, indeed.

None of this of course means Hayman was pimping out young kids to the Cabinet- he had enough friends who'd want to help him anyway- but I'm starting to see a conspiracy more than I have before.
On a similar subject, somebody mentioned 'the magic circle' a few days ago. It looks as if it might be about to resurface:
A PLAN to hold public inquiry into historical child abuse in Scotland is being prepared by the Scottish Government, Scotland on Sunday has learned.
Ministers are looking at establishing a high-profile investigation into allegations of abuse carried out in care homes, educational institutions, by religious orders and by high-profile members of the Scottish establishment...

...The inquiry is also expected to examine allegations involving the late Conservative MP Nicholas Fairbairn and a prominent member of the legal establishment, Robert Henderson QC.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3599024
Arrrh that will be this then
QC’s daughter ‘raped by senior Tory MP at age 4’

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/n ... -1-3509203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes - but if the allegations in a later 'Scotsman' article are true, her experiences are the tip of the iceberg.
Warning - the link below is not for the faint-hearted:
http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/t ... -1-3599236
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

cardigansinbound
09 November 2014 6:32pm

The House of Commons unanimously voted to block the BskyB deal that would of handed control of the British media to Newscorp for eternity.

Democracy in action.

Yet it wasnt the Primeminister who took the bold and brave step to table the motion, in fact he refused to attend and vote, it was the Leader of the Opposition who acted in the national interest. In the full knowledge it would him and his family in the crosshairs.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... t-trending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://discussion.theguardian.com/comme ... k/43405566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Yes - but if the allegations in a later 'Scotsman' article are true, her experiences are the tip of the iceberg.
Warning - the link below is not for the faint-hearted:
http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/t ... -1-3599236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's to horrific for words. I'm at a loss to say anything.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Willow904 wrote:Evening everyone. I'd just like to thank everyone who took the time to welcome me to twitter yesterday. I've uploaded the same pic to both this site and my twitter page so everyone who found me can be sure it's me as I used my real name for twitter (didn't feel right following Stephen King with a pseudonym somehow, don't know why).

Anyhow, I haven't been able to look at the papers much today. Too many stupid rumours being written up multiple times as "news" (yawn) so I really appreciate this site as you all find such great links and so save me doing the leg work searching the net myself. So thanks again and keep up the good work!
I've just found you! :) Had so many new followers yesterday I must have missed your "follow" so sorry for late follow back :)
Just spotted you a moment ago when I sent out my lame tweet. Thanks for the "follow back". Tweeting seems to be a bit of an odd art form, tbh, but people seem to enjoy it so I shall continue to attempt to master it. Hopefully my output will improve and eventually become worth following!
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Temulkar is here! Welcome!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Just spotted you a moment ago when I sent out my lame tweet. Thanks for the "follow back". Tweeting seems to be a bit of an odd art form, tbh, but people seem to enjoy it so I shall continue to attempt to master it. Hopefully my output will improve and eventually become worth following!
Willow, welcome! Your commentary is sublime.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Some cracking posts here today - I've been catching up on and off.

TGS - I've told you before and I'll tell you again: you are not at fault in the matter you ask us about and you have my unequivocal support.

Three things have been occupying my remaining brain cells today. Remembrance; embarrassment; and the sad demise of a very good paper.
Could these things possibly be related? Yes, By Jiminy!

Item - a special day today for those of us who want to remember the sacrifice of those who fought for us (and for my daughter who has lost contemporaries in theatres of war more recently). On this occasion, it appears that in London OGRFG chose not to fiddle about with wreaths to make other people appear uncaring; welcome restraint after his recent performances ("sad-face" and teary eye excepted, obviously).

Item - the above brings me to the embarrassment. Seeing OGRGF have a hissy fit reminiscent of a toddler tantrum, manufactured specifically to pretend he knew nothing about the EU bill (despite his Treasury knowing about it for 5 months) was excruciating enough; but his blatant lying and that of his oleaginous sidekick, clearly designed to whip up anti-european feeling and attempt to garner support for the Rochester and Strood bye-election, was probably the most cringe-worthy of his antics yet. He is the most embarrassing excuse for a statesman I have ever seen.

Item - despite all this, the once-great Observer has chosen to run six (yes, SIX) separate articles on the perils of being Ed Miliband. These stories appear to based on this: one or maybe two unnamed politicians have allegedly expressed that 20 shadow ministers want Ed Miliband out.
Senior Labour MPs have denied this; the man who the unnamed people apparently want has made it clear he's not interested; not one single Labour MP has come out to say if they are the source; Miliband himself has refused to dignify this speculation by responding to it.

All of this has been orchestrated by a media and a political elite scared shitless of one man who is bigger than all of them put together.

Some might think it's a bit odd that this is happening now - I think it's something the Tories have had planned for some time and kept for an emergency. They are under severe pressure after last week's disgusting performance, the failure to appoint a leader for the CSA enquiry.
I think that two defections to UKIP and the 22 Tory MPs who want a vote of no confidence in Cameron (and have put that in writing) have rattled Cameron's cage and he will use any nasty mendacious sleight-of-hand to distract people from his incompetence.
I think the media are making a fuss about this non-story because they are very afraid of Miliband and his commitment to implement Leveson; and I think the Guardian/Observer editorial team is not just backing Clegg (and the coalition) but attempting to smear Ed Miliband in the hope that its readership will be influenced. This so transparently a stitch-up, motivated by self-interest and good old-fashioned fear. The fact that Boffey has now, seemingly, joined the political commentators says it all - he is a former Mail gossip columnist and nobody knows better how to manufacture a story. This is scurrilous, baseless, targeted, and un-evidenced gossip, and I am sick of it.

We have been saying for some time that this will be a nasty vicious election - the Tories have obviously decided to discredit Miliband by any means and these are not fair but certainly foul. Cameron and Osborne knew that nobody believed their shit when they got back from the EU.
In the broadsheets, there has been a lot less about their blatant lying than there has been about this non-story. It seems to me that a word has been had to play dirty this weekend when Cameron can pose with his serious face on and try to look all caring and statesmanlike, and the thick and easily-led electorate will forget all their lies, do their remembrance thing, and if they bother to pick up a paper it will be all headlines about what a useless article Ed Miliband is according to his own (mystery) people.

There will be a backlash this time. Surely?
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB Nov 8
Positive numbers for EdM from latest 12k sample Ashcroft marginals survey. 7 out of 10 LD switchers want him as PM
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Ephemerid is on the thread.
Life is good.

xx
JA
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:Some cracking posts here today - I've been catching up on and off.

TGS - I've told you before and I'll tell you again: you are not at fault in the matter you ask us about and you have my unequivocal support.

Three things have been occupying my remaining brain cells today. Remembrance; embarrassment; and the sad demise of a very good paper.
Could these things possibly be related? Yes, By Jiminy!

Item - a special day today for those of us who want to remember the sacrifice of those who fought for us (and for my daughter who has lost contemporaries in theatres of war more recently). On this occasion, it appears that in London OGRFG chose not to fiddle about with wreaths to make other people appear uncaring; welcome restraint after his recent performances ("sad-face" and teary eye excepted, obviously).

Item - the above brings me to the embarrassment. Seeing OGRGF have a hissy fit reminiscent of a toddler tantrum, manufactured specifically to pretend he knew nothing about the EU bill (despite his Treasury knowing about it for 5 months) was excruciating enough; but his blatant lying and that of his oleaginous sidekick, clearly designed to whip up anti-european feeling and attempt to garner support for the Rochester and Strood bye-election, was probably the most cringe-worthy of his antics yet. He is the most embarrassing excuse for a statesman I have ever seen.

Item - despite all this, the once-great Observer has chosen to run six (yes, SIX) separate articles on the perils of being Ed Miliband. These stories appear to based on this: one or maybe two unnamed politicians have allegedly expressed that 20 shadow ministers want Ed Miliband out.
Senior Labour MPs have denied this; the man who the unnamed people apparently want has made it clear he's not interested; not one single Labour MP has come out to say if they are the source; Miliband himself has refused to dignify this speculation by responding to it.

All of this has been orchestrated by a media and a political elite scared shitless of one man who is bigger than all of them put together.

Some might think it's a bit odd that this is happening now - I think it's something the Tories have had planned for some time and kept for an emergency. They are under severe pressure after last week's disgusting performance, the failure to appoint a leader for the CSA enquiry.
I think that two defections to UKIP and the 22 Tory MPs who want a vote of no confidence in Cameron (and have put that in writing) have rattled Cameron's cage and he will use any nasty mendacious sleight-of-hand to distract people from his incompetence.
I think the media are making a fuss about this non-story because they are very afraid of Miliband and his commitment to implement Leveson; and I think the Guardian/Observer editorial team is not just backing Clegg (and the coalition) but attempting to smear Ed Miliband in the hope that its readership will be influenced. This so transparently a stitch-up, motivated by self-interest and good old-fashioned fear. The fact that Boffey has now, seemingly, joined the political commentators says it all - he is a former Mail gossip columnist and nobody knows better how to manufacture a story. This is scurrilous, baseless, targeted, and un-evidenced gossip, and I am sick of it.

We have been saying for some time that this will be a nasty vicious election - the Tories have obviously decided to discredit Miliband by any means and these are not fair but certainly foul. Cameron and Osborne knew that nobody believed their shit when they got back from the EU.
In the broadsheets, there has been a lot less about their blatant lying than there has been about this non-story. It seems to me that a word has been had to play dirty this weekend when Cameron can pose with his serious face on and try to look all caring and statesmanlike, and the thick and easily-led electorate will forget all their lies, do their remembrance thing, and if they bother to pick up a paper it will be all headlines about what a useless article Ed Miliband is according to his own (mystery) people.

There will be a backlash this time. Surely?
Totally agree. I can clearly hear my dad saying what evil vicious bastards the Tory's could be when their power base is threatened.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Willow904 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

I find it quite hard on twitter, but the one thing I have learned is to ignore trolls, esp SNP ones (sorry to our Scottish friends but the 'nats on twitter are horrid) and kippers, neither of whom you can argue with. The other is to have the link to What labour Achieved handy - posting it often shuts up some of the most vocal ones ;) Greens tend to be nice and I've never had to block one (waves at Temulkar & Tizme) but can also be a bit vicious at times :)
http://kittysjones.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... we-forget/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last - find the block button and use it if things get t0o trolly or personal :)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, PorFavor.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

A bit of light relief for Bob Dylan fans
https://twitter.com/ro_bot_dylan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sings a song a day, one line at a time, I have great fun working out which song he's "singing" each day :)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Good night PF :) :sleep: well
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Night PF.

Hope you have some respite.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

citizenJA wrote:Ephemerid is on the thread.
Life is good.

xx
JA

:hug: How sweet you are.

JA is on the thread. Willow is a Twit (soldier on, it's good fun). Life is indeed good.
Taking life a day at a time means that there is always something good to be found in the day you happen to be in - and as my AA sponsor tells me all the time, with one foot in yesterday and the other in tomorrow, you are guaranteed to **** all over today.

So don't.

Ed Miliband is staying or I cut up my card into tiny little pieces.
If OGRFG thinks he can do a tantrum, but if he really wants to impress, he should take lessons from an expert.
I am this thread's Violet Elizabeth Bott and I'll thrceam and thrceam and thcream until I'm thick!

xx
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

ohsocynical wrote:Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB Nov 8
Positive numbers for EdM from latest 12k sample Ashcroft marginals survey. 7 out of 10 LD switchers want him as PM
David Owen's support for Ed won't have gone unnoticed by the social democrats among them.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Ian ‏@Mancman10 39s39 seconds ago
Latest Opinium/Observer poll:
LAB - 32% (-1)
CON - 29% (-4)
UKIP - 19% (+1)
LDEM - 9% (+3)
GRN - 4% (-)

Not sure if this is a fresh one or not.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

With friends like Kevin Maguire who needs enemies?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ed ... ed-4600284" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -days.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cameron's whatever it is cousin, Johnson on how Labour will punish people for making their homes nice.

:sick:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:With friends like Kevin Maguire who needs enemies?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ed ... ed-4600284" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah what an incredible waste of typing that piece was.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Night PF.

Thanks to all for your warm support. * Just to say I wasn't fishing, I was genuinely concerned that my actions could be causing issues, reassuring to hear that is not the case.

@Ephe, actually the Graun/Observer have one more piece up this evening alluding to Miliband; I've not broken my vow to avoid the rag, but this was brought to my attention and was too good not to share!!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... on-cartoon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those of you who have launched themselves into the Twittersphere this weekend you really must follow @MartinRowson (if you aren't already); if you think his cartoons are deliciously savage, wait until you see him go off the deep end on Twitter ....... :D

* I shall wear it often. ;-)
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF :)
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -days.html

Cameron's whatever it is cousin, Johnson on how Labour will punish people for making their homes nice.

:sick:
Another example of what a twat BJ is.
Release the Guardvarks.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Sadiq Khan MP ‏@SadiqKhan · 5 mins5 minutes ago
Attacks on @Ed_Miliband create ‘worst of all worlds’ – @LucyMPowell sets out why #webackEd via @guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Not read it yet....
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Tony Parsons has written some godawful shite for The Sun so risible I'm not even going to link it. The headline is:

"Miliband only loves the working class when they are on their knees."
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Off topic but no one can string words together like Bob

Ro Bot Dylan ‏@ro_bot_dylan · 5 mins5 minutes ago
And swear words and sneering, and his tongue it was snarling, In a matter of minutes on bail was out walking

(can anyone guess the song?)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Perhaps it's just my bizarrely interminable optimism (it's a hidden but constant trait) but I am beginning to feel that the anti-Ed stuff is taking on such a degree of terrified (Tories and MSM) ridiculousness, that people might just start finding it really quite silly.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

AngryAsWell wrote:Off topic but no one can string words together like Bob

And swear words and sneering, and his tongue it was snarling, In a matter of minutes on bail was out walking

Looks like Hattie Carroll to me...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Spacedone wrote:Tony Parsons has written some godawful shite for The Sun so risible I'm not even going to link it. The headline is:

So says the man who has endorsed UKIP! ****!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:Sadiq Khan MP ‏@SadiqKhan · 5 mins5 minutes ago
Attacks on @Ed_Miliband create ‘worst of all worlds’ – @LucyMPowell sets out why #webackEd via @guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Not read it yet....
I've got this far
As senior Labour MPs revealed that at least 20 shadow ministers are prepared to call for Miliband to stand down if Alan Johnson indicates he is willing to stand for the leadership, the new shadow Cabinet Office minister Lucy Powell challenged the critics to speak publicly.
As "revealed" earlier there are only 24 shadow ministers and one of them is Ed, so how stupid are the guardian to keep repeating this line? sigh
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Off topic but no one can string words together like Bob

Looks like Hattie Carroll to me...
WhayHey! you got it Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll it is :) Have a gold star (looks for gold star smiley....)
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Spacedone wrote:Tony Parsons has written some godawful shite for The Sun so risible I'm not even going to link it. The headline is:

So says the man who has endorsed UKIP! ****!
Ah but Newton Dunn's tweet refers to him as a Labour man. Why tell one lie when you can tell two at the same time. :wall: :toss:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

About the Steve Bell cartoon linked below & a post from a regular commentator.
herero
06 November 2014 11:30pm

The reference is to John Heartfield the anti Nazi cartoonist and the supporters of the right against the Social Democratic Party. The tiger represents the forces of the right behind this.

http://www.johnheartfield.com/John-Hear ... rty-crisis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... d-miliband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Perhaps it's just my bizarrely interminable optimism (it's a hidden but constant trait) but I am beginning to feel that the anti-Ed stuff is taking on such a degree of terrified (Tories and MSM) ridiculousness, that people might just start finding it really quite silly.
I lost count of how many people said today on Twitter that all the anti-Ed stuff had persuaded them to vote Labour next year, or even to join/rejoin the party. #CrosbyOwnGoal

@Spacedone, when I were a yoof, oh so many moons ago, I was an avid reader of The New Musical Express; even at the tender age of 15 I had Parsons and Burchill marked out as a pair of prize twats! And, unlike a decent wine or a good cheese, neither of them have improved with age.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Spacedone -
Ah but Newton Dunn's tweet refers to him as a Labour man. Why tell one lie when you can tell two at the same time.
In order to create maximum confusion.

Could everyone please give me their opinion of the Steve Bell cartoon on Miliband & the commentary of the post I've included in an earlier post?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Gua ... oo-012.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.johnheartfield.com/heartfiel ... crisis.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;