Monday 24th May 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 24th May 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 24th May 2021

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Nice to the DfE maintaining their idea that HTs and schools - and in particular academies - are able to decide what is best for their pupils without the heavy hand of bureaucracy interfering...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Liz Truss’s main job is international trade secretary, but she is also the minister for women and equalities (the cabinet minister running the Government Equalities Office) and in her LBC phone-in she was asked what the government had done to promote racial equality in the year since George Floyd was murdered in the US. Truss said that the government has published the report from the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities, chaired by Tony Sewell, and that it had been “very important in setting a new agenda for how we’re dealing with racial equality is Britain”.

NF: You must accept secretary, it was widely condemned.

LT: There was a lot of support for the report.

NF: From whom?

LT: From a number of people - I can't think of them of the top of my head, but a lot of people said this is a common sense approach ...

NF: Lord Woolley, the head of [Operation Black Vote] said it was ridiculous, so many other campaigners, I can give you names. Give me the name of someone how actually lauded it outside the prime minister.

LT: I’ll get back to you. I can’t remember offhand.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

LOL.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Max Hastings stating the obvious very fluently.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Well, the sooner the clock runs out on him the better, that is all I can say.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

gilsey wrote: Mon 24 May, 2021 10:06 am
Liz Truss’s main job is international trade secretary, but she is also the minister for women and equalities (the cabinet minister running the Government Equalities Office) and in her LBC phone-in she was asked what the government had done to promote racial equality in the year since George Floyd was murdered in the US. Truss said that the government has published the report from the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities, chaired by Tony Sewell, and that it had been “very important in setting a new agenda for how we’re dealing with racial equality is Britain”.

NF: You must accept secretary, it was widely condemned.

LT: There was a lot of support for the report.

NF: From whom?

LT: From a number of people - I can't think of them of the top of my head, but a lot of people said this is a common sense approach ...

NF: Lord Woolley, the head of [Operation Black Vote] said it was ridiculous, so many other campaigners, I can give you names. Give me the name of someone how actually lauded it outside the prime minister.

LT: I’ll get back to you. I can’t remember offhand.
Nick Ferarri even gave her a second shot at it after talking to the caller. She still couldn't "think" of a name.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

The worst govt minister is the one you're currently watching/listening to/thinking about.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Looks like more dodgy goings on with planes in Belarus.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"