Wednesday 9th June 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 9th June 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 9th June 2021

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

post by PorFavor » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:07 pm

I'm sure I've filled in and submitted an opt-out form before. They don't give up, do they? And I don't have a printer, so it's an even more convoluted process than it could otherwise be.
In 2014 they tried it on with care.data which was cancelled in the end, I've read that if you opted out then it would still stand.
I did it again just in case.
If you don’t have access to a working printer, you can ask the NHS Digital Contact Centre to post you the forms you need. Their phone number is 0300 303 5678 and they are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays), or you can e-mail enquiries@nhsdigital.nhs.uk any time.
https://medconfidential.org/how-to-opt-out/
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

It goes without saying that we're all immune to Johnson's charm here, but we know lots of people aren't.
Imo 'given low trust in the ability of govts to deliver' is the key.
Possibly the reason Johnson's charm doesn't work in Scotland and Wales is that they have govts which do deliver, to some extent.

Corbyn put on an optimistic show as well, probably the main reason for his, albeit limited, success.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Of course, total sycophancy from much of the media doesn't help.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good afternoon.

The state of this. It is getting rightly ridiculed.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... dApp_Other
The Texas Republican congressman Louie Gohmert has asked a senior US government official if changing the moon’s orbit around the Earth, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun, might be a solution for climate change.
I don't suppose removing one idiot's mass from the esrth would have much effect on orbit, though it might improve things in other ways.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Did he provide any practical proposals as to how this could be achieved?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

No, I think he believes climate change is due to effects such as orbit variation & sunspot activity,
and the question was meant to make the forest service look foolish because probably they're of the opinion that trees could be involved somehow