Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th June 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th June 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th June 2021

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon, all.

Looking like FREEDOM DAY could be delayed by at least a month, then.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Matt Hancock ‘Suppressing’ COVID Data From Government Departments Says Whistleblower.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/06/10/matt ... tleblower/

‘Independent’ Public Health England Data‘Very Strongly Managed’ by Government Documents Reveal.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/06/10/inde ... ts-reveal/

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

What's Welsh for 'lucky'?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Another chance to whinge about VAR, how inspiring.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well that was horrible. Not often you get to see some poor soul being defibrillated on live television.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

At least he is alive, we could really have done without close up shots of his distraught other half, though.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 12 Jun, 2021 8:05 pm At least he is alive, we could really have done without close up shots of his distraught other half, though.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I agree with her, it was essentially rubbernecking, once it was obvious they were defibrillating him and performing CPR I got up and left, I thought he was a goner and couldn't watch any more, so I've no idea how long the BBC continued to indulge their morbid curiosity.

Still at least he is still alive and I'm happy Finland won, despite the English referee and VAR's best efforts.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

I just found out that Adrian Hindle has died. I felt a real judder of shock. I never met him, but I had many online chats, agreements and disagreements with him.
I'm sorry I missed what I'm sure would have been heartfelt tributes to him on The Nest.
I'm truly sorry he's gone.
What a lovely, lovely person he was.
Love to all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Not sure about the exact date off the top of my head, but news of AH's passing and the subsequent heartfelt reactions are in the DP archives.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

It was at the start of April, just after the beginning of the first lockdown.

Thanks for your post AngryAsWell, he was a lovely bloke.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning. 'Er indoors was back yesterday from her travels and England are rubbish at batting.

A Cabinet Minister lying about giving financial assistance to an arts venue? I'm shocked, shocked!

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I suppose everyone is watching Ingurlund?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

From a Scottish point of view I have to admit that was a bit worrying. England may not have been great to watch but they dealt with a decent Croatia side with relative ease and for the first time in a long time they looked competent.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

First time they have ever won their opening EC finals game, apparently.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh dear, Countryfile doing a positive puff piece on battery farming cows seems to have backfired somewhat. Who woulda thunk it?

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yes, comments underneath that are absolutely brutal.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I wonder how many of those comments come from people who eat bacon from pigs that are battery farmed indoors and never see natural light? I watched a programme on intensive pig farming a few years ago and was so shocked I've bought outdoor bred bacon ever since. It's not like it costs a fortune either, it's only 50p more a pack in Tesco. It's all very well people complaining about animal welfare but will they actually pay for it?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

So that you don't have to watch, some poor sod is live tweeting GB News...

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy

:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

See that's what I'm talking about, there's no way I'm eating Andrew Neil if he's being kept like that.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

There's a house/garden party going on on the street behind me, music's fine, nice food smells, all good, except for the fact that some total arsehole keeps driving up in what sounds like a powerful sports car and revving the engine loudly over and over again. Why? I've no idea, all I know is I would very much like to hit this person over the head with a tree branch.

Surely it can't be good for the engine of a car to do that? Of course it could be stolen and they don't give a shit.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sun 13 Jun, 2021 9:09 pm I wonder how many of those comments come from people who eat bacon from pigs that are battery farmed indoors and never see natural light? I watched a programme on intensive pig farming a few years ago and was so shocked I've bought outdoor bred bacon ever since. It's not like it costs a fortune either, it's only 50p more a pack in Tesco. It's all very well people complaining about animal welfare but will they actually pay for it?
Well all I can say is that I always try to buy meat that has been produced "ethically". As you say its often not that expensive these days either.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

The problem is restaurants and whether you want to be 'that guy' asking if the chicken is free range or the pork is outdoor bred. Though that's not a problem I've had in quite a while it has to be said. Thanks Covid.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Hmm...I see 'I'm done' is trending on Twitter with countless people moaning about the prospect of the final few restrictions not being lifted for a few more weeks while we get more of the population fully vaccinated.

Meanwhile, here in Leeds, a city that has only just begun to be hit by the Indian variant, the infection rate in some areas has increased by nearly 500% in the last 5 days with cases going from barely a handfull to nearly a thousand.

I don't wish to seem cruel but perhaps it would be best if we identified all those claiming to be 'done' and threw them all in some kind of giant bin. It would have to be a sanitary bin of course. I've no firm idea what form this enormous bin should take. Maybe just wall off some shithole town and dump them in there and let them get on with it. I'd suggest Stevenage. Then we could watch as they formed rival clans and the hoard of Oakshott did battle with the legions of Hartley-Brewer. I have a suspicion Darren Grimes wouldn't last long before he was being roasted on a spit by a gang of Guido Fawkes forum members he'd joined for protection, but on the plus side for Laurence Fox his music career might have a chance of finally taking off with such limited competition.

I mean honestly, after the example of the last 15 months what kind of maladjusted twat whinges about waiting a few more weeks to save lives?