Monday 14th June 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 14th June 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Re: Monday 14th June 2021

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Good morning

I see one of your esteemed posters has suggested anyone who opposes the Government's continued shifting of goalposts and the consequent effects on well-being etc of millions of people based on a promise of 'only a month' when we know how incompetent the Government is a 'maladjusted twat for delaying a few weeks in order to save lives'.

I will remember that post as I am clearly a 'maladjusted twat' and it just shows how the left sees the principles of personal freedom to be an affront. Let us see how the chronic effects play out and also I would suggest people look at the excess deaths that are happening in the home at the moment.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoi ... IsImMiOjh9

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... ly-reports

The fact that people are still quoting that extremist Deepti and her friends on CAG and IndySage is laughable - this woman has spent all her time attacking the professionals at PHE and anyone who dares to challenge her wild assertions about the doom that is awaiting us. She is in no way qualified to comment on these things as she is not an ID epidemiologist and is a political lobbyist like many on iSage. Even today Costello is comparing this to a war and the insinuation that people carrying a virus are some kind of weapon. They have spent the last few months spreading untruths about vaccine efficacy and seem to have a real hatred of schoolchildren being educated. Seems also that anyone from abroad is seen as a virus carrier and needs to be kept out or locked away (currently seems to be Labour policy) - Europe is moving on from this now, as is the US but not the UK and fully supported by those who only two years ago were telling us Corbyn was the devil for not being keen on Free Movement - as well as the near deification of the Antipodean countries which seem to have found a new way to focus their xenophobia

The UK, despite all the mistakes, has had a really good vaccine roll-out - the numbers of hospitalisations are well below even the most optimistic modelling from when the roadmap was in place and this is despite the delta variant becoming more prevalent. There will always be an exit wave as people mingle more so is it wise to push this back until the autumn when the other respiratory viruses come out to play as well. The impact of children of these other viruses are more marked than Covid and I have seen a lot of PH officials see that as the real risk this winter

Next week is lost, back in a month for more of the same, and then there will be another excuse - and then we will be approaching winter where the NHS will be on its arse again and we will see the call for lockdowns

I can see the arguments to delay and I can also see the arguments for not but on balance I would stick to June 21st. What I do not accept is that in believing that I am a 'maladjusted twat'.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

There is maybe an argument for a short delay if the sole purpose is to get as many as possible fully vaccinated in the interim.

After that, not convinced.

And all that ghouls calling for social distancing and similar "forever" achieve is damaging people's mental health.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

I'm sure we're all shocked to learn that Daniel Kawczynski is not only a clueless numpty but a bit - OK a lot - of a bully as well.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 14 Jun, 2021 11:21 am There is maybe an argument for a short delay if the sole purpose is to get as many as possible fully vaccinated in the interim.

After that, not convinced.

And all that ghouls calling for social distancing and similar "forever" achieve is damaging people's mental health.
Hi

I can go with this assessment but my fear is that 'short delay' will not be enough and if cases continue to rise (as they probably will) then it will be a few more weeks and at a certain point the concern over the winter virus season will loom large, especially after last year.

The UK is not moving on and I am afraid the rest of the developed world (apart from Australasia) is starting to. I would also much rather vaccines were now being diverted to the developing world and their vulnerable rather than trying for zerocovid here and vaccinating everyone including kids

There are some really mixed up values around at the moment - potentially saving a few hundred lives in the UK is considered more important than knowingly saving thousands in other countries

I am in no way vaccine hesitant but I know a lot of parents who are concerned about vaccinating kids with an emergency use vaccine and with risk profiles that are completely different to mine and theirs as well.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

I agree some freedoms should never have been taken away, particularly the freedom of parents to visit their children with special needs in residential care. There have been some horrific and unnecessary abuses of power by this government.

Having said that, I'm struggling to think of what freedoms I'm personally still having restricted by covid measures that aren't restricted for me the vast majority of the time anyway by the lack of money. My life is already back to normal and has been for some time other than wearing a mask in shops which is annoying but does have the benefit of significantly reducing the transmission of the common cold which has actually been rather nice.

I'm glad things are going better elsewhere, but the US has its geographical size its favour, as do quite a few European countries. In the UK everywhere is really close to everywhere else. I think we may have a higher proportion of people whose ethnicity puts them at particular risk as well, such as people of Bangladeshi descent. Just because some European countries are doing fine it doesn't necessarily mean the UK is overreacting.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Once we have full vaccination, there is no good reason not to lift most remaining restrictions though.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 14 Jun, 2021 3:44 pm Once we have full vaccination, there is no good reason not to lift most remaining restrictions though.
I certainly hope that's the case. I'd like to see more focus on long-term measures from now on. Tackling health inequalities and crowded housing. It's not like it hasn't been known for decades (centuries,even) that these things contribute to the spread of diseases.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ah well, Scotland may have lost but at least I got to read a certain post above which brought a big smile to my face and made me laugh. Thanks for that. :D
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Tory MP apologises in Commons for ‘intimidatory’ behaviour.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -behaviour
In mitigating evidence submitted to the panel, Kawczynski claimed Brexit and flooding in his Shrewsbury and Atcham constituency had created “serious difficulties” for him – and said that because of his 6ft 9in height he was conspicuous in the street and therefore faced attacks from members of the public.

"Mr Kawczynski, you've been accused of abusing and bullying members of staff, what do you have to say in your defence?"

"I'm tall."
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

This comes courtesy of PFY...

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I see the Speaker has found that he can criticise the Executive after all - and he's being backed up by Tory backbenchers too.

The PM seems to think that the order of priority was:

1. The media
2. The public
3. HoC

when it should be:

1. HoC
2 The public (explaining the decision with experts, slides etc)

Media would pick it from 1 &2
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Could Hoyle be evolving into a vertebrate?

Oh and the Scotland piss taking. Too soon Roger. Too soon.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Buffoon Johnson.
Since today I cannot say that we have met all four tests for proceeding with step four, I do think it is sensible to wait just a little longer.
We didn't meet all four tests for proceeding with step three but that didn't stop you. One of them was there being no new variants of concern, which you completely ignored, and now here we are.