Tuesday 11th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 11th November 2014

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Another shambles

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11 ... 37780.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Osborne's efforts to encourage exports have helped only Carillion :roll: and are hindering SMEs.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Julie Bailey getting a hammering on Twitter
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 21.44.35.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 21.44.35.png (102.07 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Job losses look 'inevitable' as South Tees Hospitals Trust looks to save £91m
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... es-8092326

... Following today’s announcement, the Royal College of Nursing’s operational manager, Peta Clark said: “It is an unprecedented ask to cut £91m from the trust’s budget in the space of three years.

"The total budget for the whole trust is only £550 million a year.

“You have to question whether that scale of cut is doable, even with the best will in the world. Let’s be in no doubt....
So we've heard about the massive scale of cuts to local authorities and councils today ... now we're hearing about cuts in the NHS of a magnitude that makes my eyes water ... and we're told Osborne 'needs' to make a further 148bn of cuts (hope I've got that figure right, relying on memory alone).

This is almost beyond imagination ...

And just after we've read that article about Benyon's multi millions made off the back of the state (housing benefit) and working poor. Sickening.
That's my local hospital trust. I was annoyed at the BBC local news report that gave the figure for the 'cuts' but not the total budget.

If the tories get back in the Friarage in Northallerton will close sooner rather than later. I'd be surprised if that wasn't one of the contributing factors to Hague standing down. A lot of people in North Yorkshire will be a hell of a long way from the nearest hospital. :cry:
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

I almost feel sorry for Julie, she is probably in some fairly hot water right now. Somebody should probably have been advising her about the law and the risks she was taking (maybe a friendly MP?).
Release the Guardvarks.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Night all
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Unusually high profile statement from a Labour MEP on the German benefits ruling.
Siôn Simon, Labour’s European spokesman on social affairs, also said it demonstrated that strong powers already existed to prevent a small minority abusing the system. “Both Germany and Belgium are already using such powers. This weak Tory-led government needs to get a grip and do the same,” he said. “Nor is there any evidence for the existence of ‘benefit tourism’ on any widespread scale. It is a Tory-Ukip myth, invented and peddled for the sake of their own political ends, with no regard for the truth or the social fabric of the UK.”
Source The Guardian.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Martin Rowson @MartinRowson · 10h 10 hours ago
Here's some filth for this Friday's @tribunemagazine
https://twitter.com/MartinRowson/with_replies
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:I almost feel sorry for Julie, she is probably in some fairly hot water right now. Somebody should probably have been advising her about the law and the risks she was taking (maybe a friendly MP?).

You're far too charitable TE.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

gilsey wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Job losses look 'inevitable' as South Tees Hospitals Trust looks to save £91m
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... es-8092326

... Following today’s announcement, the Royal College of Nursing’s operational manager, Peta Clark said: “It is an unprecedented ask to cut £91m from the trust’s budget in the space of three years.

"The total budget for the whole trust is only £550 million a year.

“You have to question whether that scale of cut is doable, even with the best will in the world. Let’s be in no doubt....
So we've heard about the massive scale of cuts to local authorities and councils today ... now we're hearing about cuts in the NHS of a magnitude that makes my eyes water ... and we're told Osborne 'needs' to make a further 148bn of cuts (hope I've got that figure right, relying on memory alone).

This is almost beyond imagination ...

And just after we've read that article about Benyon's multi millions made off the back of the state (housing benefit) and working poor. Sickening.
That's my local hospital trust. I was annoyed at the BBC local news report that gave the figure for the 'cuts' but not the total budget.

If the tories get back in the Friarage in Northallerton will close sooner rather than later. I'd be surprised if that wasn't one of the contributing factors to Hague standing down. A lot of people in North Yorkshire will be a hell of a long way from the nearest hospital. :cry:
I really hope that doesn't happen for you. We're a long way from anything here - and it is a big issue and causes a lot of difficulties - and expense - for people.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Yougov

Lab 34%
Tory 33
UKIP 15
LD 7
Green 6
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:I almost feel sorry for Julie, she is probably in some fairly hot water right now. Somebody should probably have been advising her about the law and the risks she was taking (maybe a friendly MP?).

You're far too charitable TE.
Not too charitable to suggest that Tomorrow we tweet that link to Sparrow and Toynbee with a statement such as.

Now the G has stopped printing Blairite leadership fantasy as fact, maybe it could look into this.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Martin Rowson @MartinRowson · 10h 10 hours ago
Here's some filth for this Friday's @tribunemagazine
https://twitter.com/MartinRowson/with_replies
I've always thought Bojo was a bit of a dick!

@TE, re. Julie being in hot water; I've been wracking my brains, as there has to be a flower vase joke in there somewhere, but I've had to admit defeat - so insert own joke as appropriate.

Night all.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Diana Johnson ‏@DianaJohnsonMP 5m5 minutes ago
Dapper Laughs on @BBCNewsnight Really? Is this man really worth the air time?
No. And a lot of what is now on Newsnight isn't either.

I feel as though my news and politics arena is shrinking daily .... G more or less gone, Newsnight gone mostly, BBC News completely gone ...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

One of Julie Bailey's very questionable politicized tweets was in response to me, I see!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

GovtResponseReTTIPandNHS.jpg
GovtResponseReTTIPandNHS.jpg (63.06 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
Gabriel Scally @GabrielScally · 16m 16 minutes ago
About as reassuring as being measured by an undertaker! The Dept of Health on TTIP and the #NHS.
https://twitter.com/GabrielScally/with_replies
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

ohsocynical wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs ... -says.html

If Rolling stones can work into their seventies so can anyone, Esther McVey says
The employment minister, hails record numbers of older people in work as she says that the gap between parents and children has all but disappeared
What a load of bollocks! Scuse my language, but honest to God.... :smack:

The Stones have roadies, cooks, and every other sort of help, plus they have oxygen tanks backstage and take a quick pull every so often plus they have tropical island homes to recuperate in. They'd bloody collapse in a heap if they had to do a day's labouring with a couple of weeks on a package holiday if they were lucky.

And the gob forgot a lot of women end up caring for their parents when they're in their fifties...Grrrrrrr.
What a great endorsement, excuse me while I cook up some Henry.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: What a load of bollocks! Scuse my language, but honest to God.... :smack:

The Stones have roadies, cooks, and every other sort of help, plus they have oxygen tanks backstage and take a quick pull every so often plus they have tropical island homes to recuperate in. They'd bloody collapse in a heap if they had to do a day's labouring with a couple of weeks on a package holiday if they were lucky.

And the gob forgot a lot of women end up caring for their parents when they're in their fifties...Grrrrrrr.
A quick read of the best comments...and they're not impressed with her logic.
Stunningly stupid, ignoring the fact that the Stones are hopeless live these days, it is the total lack of real world knowledge that amazes me. Does she think everybody sits on their arse in useless meetings all day, like her.

Calling all right wing wankers: Remember personal experience is not evidence.
[youtube]QMA5aSr6kkQ[/youtube]
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

That reminds me...I saw Wayne Shorter at the Barbican last November when he was pushing 80 - that means that everyone can work until they're the same age, right?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:* suddenly I doubt that statement - is there a PMQs tomorrow?
No PMQs, as Parliament is in recess, again, until Monday the Seventeenth. However, BBC Parliament are offering us yet another chance to re-live the historic General Election of 1964. Oh let my joy be unconfined.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...