Tuesday 11th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 11th November 2014

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Refreshingly blunt write up. The article we've been missing.
Gove was, despite all the spin applied by his press pals, a disaster at Education. He has been no better as Chief Whip. If Cameron has any sense, he will sack the SOB, and sack him in short order. Perhaps “Oiky” can be found a job as, oh I dunno, “Minister without portfolio but with special responsibility for briefing to his pals in the right-wing press”. It’s about all he’s fit for.

If Dave doesn’t sack him before PMQs tomorrow, he certainly will soon afterwards.
Bet he doesn't. No judgement at all, our Empty.
Working on the wild side.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Gove was, despite all the spin applied by his press pals, a disaster at Education. He has been no better as Chief Whip. If Cameron has any sense, he will sack the SOB, and sack him in short order. Perhaps “Oiky” can be found a job as, oh I dunno, “Minister without portfolio but with special responsibility for briefing to his pals in the right-wing press”. It’s about all he’s fit for.

If Dave doesn’t sack him before PMQs tomorrow, he certainly will soon afterwards.
Your bet is safe there's no PMQs tomorrow ;-)
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:This is an interesting read for all this interested in St Julie of Stafford

http://www.worldmedicaltimes.org/cure-t ... ty-or-not/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cure-the-nhs-ctnhs-is-it-a-charity-or-not

Interesting indeed Paul. Thanks.
Let's hope something develops from it.

Have bookmarked it for a further and deeper read as spiced aubergines & bombay potatoes are needing cooking.

Night all. Thanks for your energy and posts.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Shocking news this, Matthew Hancock is a shit MP apparently, I'd never have guessed.

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/11/c ... t-hancock/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:shock: :shock: :shock: Never! :rock:
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

* suddenly I doubt that statement - is there a PMQs tomorrow?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

yahyah wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:This is an interesting read for all this interested in St Julie of Stafford

http://www.worldmedicaltimes.org/cure-t ... ty-or-not/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting indeed Paul. Thanks.
Let's hope something develops from it.

Have bookmarked it for a further and deeper read as spiced aubergines & bombay potatoes are needing cooking.

Night all. Thanks for your energy and posts.
Ooh the aubergines sound splendid. Which makes me wonder how the duck and apricot curry turned out ;-)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Your bet is safe there's no PMQs tomorrow ;-)
Coincidentally found this link about Gove from 2013 on Twitter...

Dump f***ing everyone’: the inside story of how Michael Gove’s vicious attack dogs are terrorising the DfE

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educa ... w-michael-goves-vicious-attack-dogs-are-terrorising-the-dfe-8497626.html
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Shocking news this, Matthew Hancock is a shit MP apparently, I'd never have guessed.

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/11/c ... t-hancock/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: Snap letsskip. Yes - who'd have ever guessed?
To be fair, that could be local council grandstanding- Hancock's old pals?

er, Mike Hancock's pals.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Tue 11 Nov, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

From the BBC
Big Bank Hank, the New York rapper who, as part of the Sugarhill Gang, released what is generally regarded as the first rap record, has died at the age of 57.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tom_watson ‏@tom_watson 13m13 minutes ago
Photographer charged with blackmail. Tweeted without comment as he is facing trial. http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5403/ ... -blackmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Evening all.

Apropos nothing in particular, I ambled over to take a look at Sparrow's blog and was immediately struck by how very, very bland the classroom in which CallMe was pictured is. It is almost completely featureless, everything - walls, ceiling, furniture - in various shades of grey. Nothing to show any spark of colour, of difference, of individuality and individual input. Utterly depressing.

I suppose that if you can extract the human essence of education to that extent, then the next step is to do away with teachers and even classrooms and do everything online. Something that bastard Murdoch's been pushing for.

*sigh*
Last edited by Hobiejoe on Tue 11 Nov, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Hobiejoe wrote:Evening all.

Apropos nothing in particular, I ambled over to take a look at Sparrow's blog and immediately struck by how very, very bland the classroom in which CallMe was pictured is. It is almost completely featureless, everything - walls, ceiling, furniture - in various shades of grey. Nothing to show any spark of colour, of difference, of individuality and individual input. Utterly depressing.

I suppose that if you can extract the human essence of education to that extent, then the next step is to do away with teachers and even classrooms and do everything online. Something that bastard Murdoch's been pushing for.

*sigh*
Microchipping us at birth - the way forward - programming for life.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

DonutHingeParty wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
citizenJA wrote:@Ohsocynical -

How do Tories get that way? What in the world happened in McVey's life or brain to get like that??

Look at that, will you - I used two question marks. I'll be using smileys at this rate.
From the articles I've read Conservatives are born that way. Psychopathic to a certain degree which merely means they usually stop at murder. They're certainly not what you or I would class as normal.
They certainly have the empathy bump missing.
With respect, that's monstering and othering, which is not helpful. It's the kind of attitude that leads people to say "Muslims don't care about life in the same way we do" or "Africa will always be a poor continent because they are lazy".

The attitudes that are inculcated in you at an early stage do tend to stay, and it's fair to say that those of a Conservative bent have generally come from a position of privilege where their prevailing attitude is "Well I did it, why can't you?" or they've been lucky and in the words of Warren Buffet have "mistaken luck for success and success for luck". They are generally the winners in society - the X Factor winners who claim that "Miracles can happen!" whilst we pay no attention to the thousands of discarded individuals for whom the miracle did not happen - or else they're the gamblers; the ones who think that it can happen for them; the ones who get their information from tabloids - if only the government stopped taking so much of their money for "scroungers" then they could win - they could be there with the best.

I've seen people turn from one side to the other, and every time it's been because an attitude they had based on generality was challenged when it affected someone they knew. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Tories aren't evil - they just like easy solutions, and don't do nuance.

Admittedly, I wouldn't want my son to marry one.
It's appropriate to call attention to this, DonutHingeParty, thank you.

Lumping everyone in a group & "othering" them, making the whole group set apart from humanness we all share, isn't good, no. To do so would be to make myself what I find disturbing in McVey - inhumane, a liar, cruel & a bad leader to people depending on government she's part of to help, not hurt, those in vulnerable positions.

Every Tory voting approved:
Draft Housing Benefit (Amendment) Regulations 2012 — Under Occupation Criteria — Local Housing Allowance Rates — 24 Oct 2012 at 19:48

The majority of MPs voted to limit the amount of Housing Benefit that working age claimants in the social rented sector are entitled to, based on their household size and to set the rates of Local Housing Allowance, which is a key factor in determining the amount of housing benefit paid for private rented accommodation.

The motion approved by the majority of MPs was:

That the draft Housing Benefit (Amendment) Regulations 2012, which were laid before this House on 28 June, be approved.

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.p ... 4&dmp=6672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A couple government MPs rebelled on different votes related to the Bedroom Tax. Tories didn't rebel on this one or any other that would have demonstrated they were taking into consideration the damage this legislation was going to cause social housing housing benefit claimants without smaller properties to move into. Their circumstances weren't taken into consideration in later legislation reflected by their votes. I could be wrong, there's a lot of votes on a lot of different motions related to the Bedroom Tax & Tory "Welfare" reforms. Please don't hesitate to let me know if that's the case. Even if you're unable to, that doesn't mean some Tory doesn't do good work somewhere, somehow. I've not seen evidence of it in current government. No one in government has demonstrated they've heart enough to stop this & other policies currently causing harm to people needlessly. It doesn't mean good Tories don't exist, it doesn't mean they're irredeemable, everything changes - that's inevitable.

I don't know a Tory currently in leadership working fairly, compassionately & honestly. How are current Tory leadership able to look at themselves? What happened or didn't happen to McVey, specifically, to allow her to proceed as she's done? That's specifically calling out people who are Tories now in government. There's a lot I don't & can't know, I acknowledge that - every person not mentally ill (and I mean unable to know right from wrong & must be removed because they'll hurt people otherwise) is capable of taking responsibility for their life. In my opinion, the more powerful the life circumstances, the greater the responsibility to care for those not as wealthy, influential or resourceful. Regardless of my opinion, the people have every right to be led responsibly from MPs who wanted the job; current government aren't good at it.

I call them "Tories" like my ancestors called invaders "Vikings". Some of my ancestors were Vikings.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 1h 1 hour ago
@GOsborneGenius @LordAshcroft I'm impressed with Kelly, CON Rochester candidate. She's spunky & easily beat Reckless in last night's debate
:roll: He seems to have a very different impression of her from others I read earlier ...
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Gideonomics ‏@davessidekick 36m36 minutes ago
Lib Dems poll 1% in Rochester for voting intention for the General Election. Such a smart move propping up a dishonest Tory government

There's always a silver lining :D
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Have to agree with DHP, I know a fair few people who vote Tory and they are not intrinsically bad people - far from it, on occasion.

In a way, that is the tragedy - there *are* a few sociopaths in their ranks (IDS!) but I am capable of believing that even Cameron meant well, once.

But for the most part, it isn't that they are evil - but that they are wrong. Which is more tricky to deal with, tbh......
But for the most part, it isn't that they are evil - but that they are wrong. Which is more tricky to deal with, tbh.....
(my bold emphasis)

Correct.

To lead is to serve. A bad leader destroys people, land, peace, resources - human beings make mistakes - the resulting chaos can rightly be called evil though I can't seriously call a person "evil" - I can't know enough to call someone evil.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Good evening – and Happy Birthday to mbc1955 :dance:

In local(ish) news, Boris has decided to 'help part-time workers' by reducing the 'cap' on daily travel costs when using Oystercard Pay as You Go, or contact-less payment cards. The 'cap' means that if you make a set number of journeys during a day you only pay up to a set maximum amount which has now been reduced. This is good. Except that almost all of the people who work part-time, around here, work just one bus journey away (we're quite well served for bus routes) and the single-journey bus-fare is going up by 5p. Making two journeys a day doesn't reach even the lower cap so they'll be worse off – not by a vast sum of money, I'll grant, but still. And, at the same time, the Off-Peak Cap (which was lower priced) is being abolished. This gave you a discount if you travelled between 9.30am and 4pm – which a lot of part-timers do.

Overall, the part-timers the scheme is aimed at are those who only work a few days a week. You wo'n't make a saving if you travel every day, regardless of how few hours you actually work, nor if you make fewer than four bus journeys a day. If you do travel every day, or if you use your Oystercard to buy weekly, monthly, or annual season-tickets, or if you used to buy a daily off-peak travelcard, you will be worse off. And fares are rising: the cheapest one-day travelcard is going up by 67% to £12!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... laims.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr Cameron, on a visit to Rochester ahead of next week's by-election, insisted: "I think it is important that it says that there wasn't a cover up some of the people who've been looking for conspiracy theories will have to look elsewhere."
​Mr Wanless said the Prime Minister was "wrong".
"He can only say that in relation to the registered filing system of the Home Office and we made very clear that we can't make a wider conclusion than that based on the task we were given and the information available to us," he told BBC ​R​adio 4's PM programme.
Asked if that meant Mr Cameron was wrong, Mr Wanless said: "He is wrong."
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I really am blown away by the brazenness of Cameron on this paedophile ring issue.

Utterly beyond belief and contempt.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Job losses look 'inevitable' as South Tees Hospitals Trust looks to save £91m
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... es-8092326

... Following today’s announcement, the Royal College of Nursing’s operational manager, Peta Clark said: “It is an unprecedented ask to cut £91m from the trust’s budget in the space of three years.

"The total budget for the whole trust is only £550 million a year.

“You have to question whether that scale of cut is doable, even with the best will in the world. Let’s be in no doubt....
So we've heard about the massive scale of cuts to local authorities and councils today ... now we're hearing about cuts in the NHS of a magnitude that makes my eyes water ... and we're told Osborne 'needs' to make a further 148bn of cuts (hope I've got that figure right, relying on memory alone).

This is almost beyond imagination ...

And just after we've read that article about Benyon's multi millions made off the back of the state (housing benefit) and working poor. Sickening.
Yes. To all of that. I probably shouldn't have read the Benyon latest this afternoon.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Is it possible that Theresa May is actually trying to do the right thing on the paedophile dossier and that Cameron is systematically undermining her credibility?
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Interesting reading. Nearly fell off my chair when I read one of the tweets was addressed to me !! :lol:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

pk1 wrote:

Interesting reading. Nearly fell off my chair when I read one of the tweets was addressed to me !! :lol:
Oh yes and Tubby in there too :twisted:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:* suddenly I doubt that statement - is there a PMQs tomorrow?
No, they are in recess again until Monday
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/respite ... -1-3601469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apols if you've seen this already.
But the data of the views of activists, compiled by Dr Richard Carr from Anglia Ruskin University’s Labour History Research Unit revealed that 83.5 per cent backed Mr Miliband.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

good night all.

I love you.

JA
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... laims.html
Mr Cameron, on a visit to Rochester ahead of next week's by-election, insisted: "I think it is important that it says that there wasn't a cover up some of the people who've been looking for conspiracy theories will have to look elsewhere."
"He can only say that in relation to the registered filing system of the Home Office and we made very clear that we can't make a wider conclusion than that based on the task we were given and the information available to us," he told BBC ​R​adio 4's PM programme.
He's got to be very very careful. This is one of the issues that I think people really won't stand for any of his ridiculous attempts at tricksy dodgings and waving away noncholantly ... as the Jimmy Savile stuff gets worse and worse - people are beginning to realise that what might once have seemed beyond the realms of reality, been able to be dismissed as paranoia, just cannot be anymore. Some of the truth has been worse than people might have imagined.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

David Lammy retweeted
Sarah Hayward ‏@Sarah_Hayward 25m25 minutes ago
Barnet Tories to hike council rent to 80% of market. This could be sign of future if Labour doesn't win next year. http://betterbarnet.nationbuilder.com/renthike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

rebeccariots2 wrote:
He's got to be very very careful. This is one of the issues that I think people really won't stand for any of his ridiculous attempts at tricksy dodgings and waving away noncholantly ... as the Jimmy Savile stuff gets worse and worse - people are beginning to realise that what might once have seemed beyond the realms of reality, been able to be dismissed as paranoia, just cannot be anymore. Some of the truth has been worse than people might have imagined.
Well exactly. I mean David Cameron vs the head of the NSPCC. Who would you believe?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:good night all.

I love you.

JA
Night JA :)
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Christ almighty. Prime Ministerial.

This is a major "gaffe". How many people will ever get to hear of it? On a story of massive public interest.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

StephenDolan wrote:Morning all.

Birthday wishes (belated and otherwise!)

Eric Pickles in do as I say, not as I do shocker. Bonus pics of Gideon at the end. Look how *wierd* he is :wink:
http://huff.to/1u1kIQo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had a YouGov political survey today, first in a long long time. Feels rather cathartic slamming the coalition.
Shame they missed out those wonderful pics of Osborne eating/dribbling at hot-dog that someone posted here the other day :)

Pickles. Words fail me...
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://twitter.com/hashtag/webacked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just now:
Attachments
webackEd.jpg
webackEd.jpg (59.78 KiB) Viewed 15228 times
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

@tc2

yuk I was just about to get some dinner :sick:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ ... 4111192657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
mash wrote:“With a hot alpha male appearance and easygoing body language he could win the next election and boost party coffers by doing lucrative underwear campaigns.”
:shock:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:@tc2

Sorry about that. I must admit I have quite put myself off. Don't know what I was thinking.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

tinyclanger2 wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:@tc2

Sorry about that. I must admit I have quite put myself off. Don't know what I was thinking.
:lol: :lol:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

:lol: Snap letsskip. Yes - who'd have ever guessed?
To be fair, that could be local council grandstanding- Hancock's old pals?

er, Mike Hancock's pals.
Don't think so, in this case. Labour Councillors have been keen to see the back of him - dockyard and all that.

Goodnight, everyone.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ ... 4111092604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not everyone's cup of tea I expect but the Mash is on fire today.
mash wrote:BRITAIN got two chocolate bars for the price of one following negotiations with a Brussels vending machine, according to George Osborne.
edited to add quote
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Tue 11 Nov, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Night PF
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:
Don't think so, in this case. Labour Councillors have been keen to see the back of him - dockyard and all that.

Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF :)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs ... -says.html

If Rolling stones can work into their seventies so can anyone, Esther McVey says
The employment minister, hails record numbers of older people in work as she says that the gap between parents and children has all but disappeared
What a load of bollocks! Scuse my language, but honest to God.... :smack:

The Stones have roadies, cooks, and every other sort of help, plus they have oxygen tanks backstage and take a quick pull every so often plus they have tropical island homes to recuperate in. They'd bloody collapse in a heap if they had to do a day's labouring with a couple of weeks on a package holiday if they were lucky.

And the gob forgot a lot of women end up caring for their parents when they're in their fifties...Grrrrrrr.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

Hobiejoe wrote:Evening all.

Apropos nothing in particular, I ambled over to take a look at Sparrow's blog and was immediately struck by how very, very bland the classroom in which CallMe was pictured is. It is almost completely featureless, everything - walls, ceiling, furniture - in various shades of grey. Nothing to show any spark of colour, of difference, of individuality and individual input. Utterly depressing.

*sigh*
Evening folks,
I popped in to see a mate who works in a PFI school, and it was just the same. Seems the staff are under instruction not to use blutack, pins, sticky tape in case they get hit for huge bills to put the decor right. Magnolia rules.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

ohsocynical wrote:

If Rolling stones can work into their seventies so can anyone, Esther McVey says
The employment minister, hails record numbers of older people in work as she says that the gap between parents and children has all but disappeared

The Stones have roadies, cooks, and every other sort of help, plus they have oxygen tanks backstage and take a quick pull every so often plus they have tropical island homes to recuperate in. They'd bloody collapse in a heap if they had to do a day's labouring with a couple of weeks on a package holiday if they were lucky.

And the gob forgot a lot of women end up caring for their parents when they're in their fifties...Grrrrrrr.
A quick read of the best comments...and they're not impressed with her logic.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Rewinding a bit.
ephemerid wrote: I have been targeted by a CIF poster in the past - Cinimon/Flower3/other/same person - who usually stayed on the cartoon threads until she got a bee in her bonnet about me. She followed me all over CIF wherever I went, making weird passive-aggressive comments to wind me up, then accusing me of bullying when I responded. Martin Rowson told her off on numerous occasions.
She had a sidekick called FriendOfTheLeft (who was nothing of the kind) and they took to following me and LightaCandle onTwitter doing the same sort of stuff. Very weird. Then they disappeared after Rowson got really exasperated with them.
Fairly certain Cinimon was a bloke, despite the female avatar. It was also a complete tosser, tried that stunt with me a few years ago. Didn't work for them so they left me alone.

But yes CiF is a shithole, the mods have allowed it to turn into the Telegraph. These days I report unsubstantiated slurs. The last time a Kipper went on about Labour endorsing child abuse I was pretty blunt in my abuse report as to the sort of shithole it would turn into if that sort of comment went unmodded.

It all went shit when they allowed people to refer to Blair as a war criminal.
Release the Guardvarks.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

A quick read of the best comments...and they're not impressed with her logic.
Stunningly stupid, ignoring the fact that the Stones are hopeless live these days, it is the total lack of real world knowledge that amazes me. Does she think everybody sits on their arse in useless meetings all day, like her.

Calling all right wing wankers: Remember personal experience is not evidence.
Release the Guardvarks.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

TechnicalEphemera wrote: Stunningly stupid, ignoring the fact that the Stones are hopeless live these days, it is the total lack of real world knowledge that amazes me. Does she think everybody sits on their arse in useless meetings all day, like her.

Calling all right wing wankers: Remember personal experience is not evidence.
And the fact that for 90% of the year or more they do bugger all. Plus the fact that they do it because presumably they enjoy it - not because they need the money which is why older workers are having to go back to work.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Rewinding a bit.
ephemerid wrote: I have been targeted by a CIF poster in the past - Cinimon/Flower3/other/same person - who usually stayed on the cartoon threads until she got a bee in her bonnet about me. She followed me all over CIF wherever I went, making weird passive-aggressive comments to wind me up, then accusing me of bullying when I responded. Martin Rowson told her off on numerous occasions.
She had a sidekick called FriendOfTheLeft (who was nothing of the kind) and they took to following me and LightaCandle onTwitter doing the same sort of stuff. Very weird. Then they disappeared after Rowson got really exasperated with them.
Fairly certain Cinimon was a bloke, despite the female avatar. It was also a complete tosser, tried that stunt with me a few years ago. Didn't work for them so they left me alone.

But yes CiF is a shithole, the mods have allowed it to turn into the Telegraph. These days I report unsubstantiated slurs. The last time a Kipper went on about Labour endorsing child abuse I was pretty blunt in my abuse report as to the sort of shithole it would turn into if that sort of comment went unmodded.

It all went shit when they allowed people to refer to Blair as a war criminal.

Thanks TE.

I always thought Cinimon was a woman - I can't explain why.

Whatever.

I don't report people very often, but when I do I always make it clear why and say who I am.

For some reason, the few posts I report disappear......

But not as often as mine do :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Heh.

On the Boris for grammar schools story an obvious troll said this:
Two years ago when I went round several Primary schools in the area to have a look. None were any good, some were awful.
and so I said...
Tell me he area and I'll have a look and see whether your assessment looks accurate.
and then...
No thanks. Who do you think you are, El Prez?! I will be the judge of whether I want to send my children to a particular school. Why would I believe someone who will cite whatever politically driven sources he chooses to reinforce his own political prejudice
:D

Thought you wouldn't - obvious anti-state school liar. Seen that before.