Thursday 13th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 13th November 2014

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Odd little tweet....are we due a defector?

Bizarre decision by @UKIP tonight. Party selected candidate to fight Boston & Skegness, but won't reveal who! More on @looknorthBBC at 10.25

(I thought Neil Hamilton had it ????)

hmmmm - am I on tenterhooks or not? I can't quite decide.

I wonder if Farage decided he desperately needed a big squirrel to deflect from his pretty bad day for PR ... NHS and women who take maternity leave not worth as much fiascos ...?
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

BREAKING NEWS:British jihadists who go abroad to fight could be prevented from returning home under plans to be announced by PM
Exclusion order plan to target jihadists returning to UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30041923
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

AngryAsWell wrote:Odd little tweet....are we due a defector?

Bizarre decision by @UKIP tonight. Party selected candidate to fight Boston & Skegness, but won't reveal who! More on @looknorthBBC at 10.25

(I thought Neil Hamilton had it ????)
He said he wanted it, I think tonight is the official announcement after a "fair and open" (yeah right) selection procedure.

On another matter, saw this posted elsewhere, thought some here might appreciate it .....
Attachments
B2WtCOqCMAALidS.jpg
B2WtCOqCMAALidS.jpg (40.5 KiB) Viewed 3427 times
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

diGriz wrote:
Labour plans stiff fines for tax avoidance
Shadow chancellor Ed Balls says he would impose fines of up to 100% of the amount of tax owed by those who break rules
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -avoidance
Very little there about what Balls has outlined. There was more coverage of what the Conservatives spokesman said.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

StephenDolan wrote:Night JA.

This evening's steaming pile of horse manure courtesy of Steerpike.
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehous ... -on-hacks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a pile of shit and no mistake. Still, it's the Spectator, rah-rahing fascism and neoliberalism since forever. You don't - seriously - go there to learn anything? All you get is massive trolling that makes the Graun look vaguely left wing. It's about s bad as it could be, unless you've ever visited Freerepublic or the Excess websites.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Wayne David MP ‏@WayneDavidMP 17m17 minutes ago
#BBCQuestionTime Tory Stephen Crabb talking absolute nonsense when he said that Cameron has respect for NHS and those who work in it.
and the audience laughed at him ...
Huw Irranca-Davies ‏@IrrancaDaviesMP 15m15 minutes ago
Stephen Crabb MP defends Cameron's statement that Offa's Duke is "line between life and death" in health. Tories in the gutter still #bbcqt
it was shameful
Sharon Taylor ‏@SharonStevenage 15m15 minutes ago
That Welsh audience are enjoying a Crabbe sandwich tonight! #bbcqt. #nothingsadderthanawelshtory
He's our MP - we don't enjoy him whatever form he's in ...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I see Nick Gibb is doing some cheerleading now that the DfE's reputation is flagging a bit. This bit...
This was why this government launched the free schools programme in 2010. We wanted to provide outlets for idealism - opportunities for dedicated groups of individuals who believed they could improve school provision.

Such groups of individuals have exceeded our expectations. The best academy chains, such as Ark Schools and the Harris Federation, have expanded and replicated their proven success. Ark Schools have opened 3 free schools, with 8 more in development. Likewise, the Harris Federation has opened 8 free schools, with 5 more in development.
Totally ignores the failures like Discovery, IES Breckland, Al Madinah...but concentrates on ones opened by academy chains.

So Nick, tell me again how you can have two separate reporting mechanisms with academy chains having schools on both?

I should have stopped reading here:
Our reforms to the curriculum, making it more knowledge-based and academically rigorous
Right...that's the curriculum your academies that you are so enthusiastic about can virtually ignore. Tell us why you bothered again?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Pssst ... better keep quiet about this but I think there might be an ideal Xmas present for PorFavor underneath this snippet.
Loving that - especially the "I'm silently correcting your grammatical errors as you speak" T-shirt. A must buy!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

That bad sex award...the funniest description I've ever seen of sex was in a Charlie Brooker column.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... servatives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I once overheard two posh people - almost certainly Tories - having sex in a hotel room. It was grim. The woman kept saying, "Fuck me, Gerald," in a cut-glass accent, which was funny, but Gerald himself soon wiped the grin off my face with his grunting, which wasn't really grunting at all, but instead consisted of the words "oh" and "ah" crisply orated aloud, like Sir Laurence Olivier reading dialogue off a card at an early rehearsal. I didn't stick around long enough to hear the climax, but I imagine the words "gosh", "crumbs", and "crikey" probably put in an appearance.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Three comments from the G thread on the greatest looted art works ( nothing like as amusing as Roger's snippet above).
Canocola
13 November 2014 9:00pm

I cannot believe that van Klomp's Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies hasn't been included in the list.

Flatulentus Canocola
13 November 2014 9:32pm

I read your comment very carefully, for you wrote it only once.

TechnicalEphemera Canocola
14 November 2014 12:06am

Have a thousand recommends (in which I have hidden two British airmen).
Release the Guardvarks.