Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th November 2014

Post by ohsocynical »

Somewhere today I saw a photo of Putin and the Australian PM cuddling Koala bears.
Maddeningly because I can't remember the details I'm sure I read that koala urine carries some sort of STD and humans can catch it if they're peed on. :shock:

I wonder if it's true. And did Dave cuddle one too? :P
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:8-) Under the direction of @KarenDanczuk, I'm making Danczuk Stew - it's sold out again! @DanczuksDeli

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(This follows on from mine above - now added under )
alan mills ‏@alanmills405 · 7m7 minutes ago  South East, England
Some Labour MPs fight for us, others advertise relatives' coffee shops and their book
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:alan mills ‏@alanmills405 · 7m7 minutes ago  South East, England
Some Labour MPs fight for us, others advertise relatives' coffee shops and their book

Oooooo bitchy. LOL

Or said with feeling. 8-)
Did you see his Foreign Office filing system photo? :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:8-) Under the direction of @KarenDanczuk, I'm making Danczuk Stew - it's sold out again! @DanczuksDeli

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(This follows on from mine above)
I used to follow him, and if his tweets were anything to go by you should have seen some of the unhealthy meals he eats.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:alan mills ‏@alanmills405 · 7m7 minutes ago  South East, England

Oooooo bitchy. LOL

Or said with feeling. 8-)
Did you see his Foreign Office filing system photo? :lol:
No I missed that one, must go look for it :lol:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Louise Mensch ‏@LouiseMensch · 4m4 minutes ago  Manhattan, NY
Somebody is in BIG FREAKING TROUBLE tonight. Trust me on this one. Coming after you son http://unfashionista.com/2014/11/05/why ... bout-ukip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not been following this one but look terrible from the link … :shock:
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects · 1m1 minute ago
National Opinion Poll (YouGov)
LAB - 33% (+1)
CON - 31% (-2)
UKIP - 18% (+3)
LDEM - 7% (-1)
GRN - 5% (-1)
So, not much discussion of opinion polls and crises in tomorrow's Observer. :-D
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

ohsocynical wrote:Somewhere today I saw a photo of Putin and the Australian PM cuddling Koala bears.
Maddeningly because I can't remember the details I'm sure I read that koala urine carries some sort of STD and humans can catch it if they're peed on. :shock:

I wonder if it's true. And did Dave cuddle one too? :P
I think its chlamydia - I heard somewhere that a boyband (One Direction?) claimed to have caught it from koalas
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Viewers' opinions on BBC News coverage.

This week, is the BBC reporting gossip or facts in its coverage of Ed Miliband's difficulties? And does that coverage take its lead from the newspapers? The BBC's Head of Political Programmes, Sue Inglish, speaks to Samira Ahmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p29ry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not heard it yet....
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ge-osborne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Revealed: how coalition has helped rich by hitting poor
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

A victim of the Westminster paedophile abuse scandal has claimed he saw a Conservative MP murder a young boy during a depraved sex party. :shock:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i- ... er-4636497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

AngryAsWell wrote:Viewers' opinions on BBC News coverage.

This week, is the BBC reporting gossip or facts in its coverage of Ed Miliband's difficulties? And does that coverage take its lead from the newspapers? The BBC's Head of Political Programmes, Sue Inglish, speaks to Samira Ahmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p29ry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not heard it yet....
Thanks for that. Just watched, predictable answering unfortunately to excellent questioning.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 51m 51 minutes ago
Tonight's YouGov mean that LAB is in lead in the last 3 pollsters to report.

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 53m 53 minutes ago
LAB back in lead with YouGov after being 1% behind on Fey
LAB 33% CON 31% UKIP 18% LD 7% GRN 5%
Working on the wild side.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Has this been posted?

'A landmark study of the coalition’s tax and welfare policies six months before the general election reveals how money has been transferred from the poorest to the better off, apparently refuting the chancellor of the exchequer’s claims that the country has been “all in it together”. '

http://gu.com/p/43byx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The usual suspects are struggling with their commenting BTL. Squirm, wriggle...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Excuse musings ,just found out that Jim Murphy and I share the "distinction"of both studying politics at Strathclyde University but not getting a degree there (he's a few years younger)

I use the term "studying" very loosely.
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 15 Nov, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I'm sort of reeling from those earlier links to the latest from Exaro News / Sunday People - and the Badzak / Met Police / UKIP story.

Is there any part of the 'Establishment' that is going to emerge relatively untarnished ...? Doesn't look like it at present.

And just seen these tweets from Peter Jukes:
Peter Jukes @peterjukes · 9h 9 hours ago
I'm beginning to change my mind: during the #hackingtrial I thought the 'cooked books' were hiding illegal activity from senior NI staff 1/2

But given revelations from Sun trials and #FakeSheikh documentary, hard to believe senior NI management didn't know about criminality 2/2

But I'm not a conspiracy theorist - and willing to be proved wrong about any 'criminal media nexus'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

StephenDolan wrote:Has this been posted?

'A landmark study of the coalition’s tax and welfare policies six months before the general election reveals how money has been transferred from the poorest to the better off, apparently refuting the chancellor of the exchequer’s claims that the country has been “all in it together”. '

The right wing media (or should that be the most right wing media?) have already got their response line ready on that ... the Telegraph's headline is 'How top 3,000 earners pay more tax than bottom 9m'. Nice, eh? How to properly invalidate and smack down 9m of the poorest.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Iain Dale @IainDale · 3h 3 hours ago
So a mentally ill man is sent to jail for stealing 15 Toblerones. Yet Forex banker criminals get knuckles rapped. http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... 4A.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:Has this been posted?

The right wing media (or should that be the most right wing media?) have already got their response line ready on that ... the Telegraph's headline is 'How top 3,000 earners pay more tax than bottom 9m'. Nice, eh? How to properly invalidate and smack down 9m of the poorest.

It's from a Frazer Nelson /Centre for Social Injustice inspired upcoming documentary,accompanied by ubiquitous picture of White Dee and equally ubiquitous dig at single parents.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Hmm...so the latest news is that a Tory MP is alleged to have murdered a young boy and what do the Mail do?

Yes...bring up the Labour/PIE links again.

Revealed: How Gordon Brown was duped into aiding the founder of vile paedophile group who infiltrated gay rights rally
Gordon Brown was duped into backing an event where a paedophile group secretly planned to launch its vile campaign, it emerged last night.

Mr Brown and former Foreign Secretary Robin Cook were among several key figures on the intellectual Left who sponsored a conference, unaware the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) was seeking to piggy-back its way into a legitimate movement.

Both men believed they were simply supporting a gay rights congress and, on that basis, agreed to lend their names to it.
But hey, who cares? It gives us the chance to dig out those links again!
Earlier this year, shocking links were exposed between PIE and Labour grandees Harriet Harman, Jack Dromey and Patricia Hewitt, who all held key roles in the NCCL.
Wonder how long they've been storing this one up for to use at the right moment?

The Mail group are utter filth.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Vile product of the Fourth Estate"
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

HindleA wrote:"Vile product of the Fourth Estate"
Speaking of vile products of the Fourth Estate, I give you the latest anti-Ed piece from the guardian web site
Labour poll lead grows to four points – but only 1 in 5 sees Miliband as PM
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... port-falls
:fire:
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 48235.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
headline wrote:Labour has extended its poll lead to four points but just one in five people can imagine Ed Miliband as prime minister, according to a poll.
AND YET
Belfast Telegraph wrote:Some 29% of those asked trusted the Labour leader to stand up for working people, compared with 22% for David Cameron.

Some 50% expect Mr Cameron to make deep cuts to public services if he is in No 10 after the 2015 election, compared with 24% for Mr Miliband.
what are we on?
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

danesclose wrote:
HindleA wrote:"Vile product of the Fourth Estate"
Speaking of vile products of the Fourth Estate, I give you the latest anti-Ed piece from the guardian web site
Labour poll lead grows to four points – but only 1 in 5 sees Miliband as PM
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... port-falls
:fire:
It's not like we didn't know that they'd qualify any slightly positive news with some headline grabbing bad news is it? They're so predictable and transparent it's not even funny.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Lady Jacobia Rees-Moggy here.

Good morning, peasants!

Having done my duty and attended service in our estate chapel this morning, I am here to continue your education as promised.
Suitably fortified with kedgeree (note to butler - the chafing dishes are not correctly polished) I now have the strength to sort you all out.

It has been brought to my attention that some little redbrick technology college to do with economics has published a lefty treatise on the subject of money. Whilst a distasteful example of how the plebs talk about money all the time (so non-U) it correctly points out that our current Chancellor of the Exchequer has seen to it that PLU (People Like Us) are being enriched by his policies. And quite right too.

I had a suspicion that the Boy Osborne might be of use. Apparently, he is due to inherit some minor baronetcy. Never heard of it - apparently it's called Bally-something-or-other, which I know for a fact isn't anywhere important ie. Wiltshire, because my family own most of that.
Nevertheless, it is splendid to see that people with titles, even if their families are in trade, doing their bit to restore order.

On the subject of your education - some of you appear to think that the government is run by toffs.
As ever with the lower orders, this is completely wrong.

Most of the Cabinet went to Eton. Everybody knows that the only school worth mentioning is Winchester. Even the Catholics won't touch Eton - some of my dearest friends went to Ampleforth, I'll have you know. Obviously, one doesn't invite them to dine; they simply can't dress for it.
Typical of Charles to send his sprogs there - clearly trying to impress the hoi polloi and pretend he's just like them. Even the Greek had the wit to send the Windsor boys to Gordonstoun - one has to toughen up ones' children what with all the weak chins etc.
And why little Sam Sheffield married that spiv Cameron is a complete mystery to us all - the "on dit" is that he had so much money she felt unable to refuse. Clearly this has been a mistake, as she now feels forced to associate with parvenus in Chipping Norton, of all places. It really isn't good enough for PLU to mix with the ghastly media people, really, it absolutely lowers the tone and she is a traitor to her class.

I hope you are taking note of what I'm telling you - especially you, Squeaker, mucking about at the back, don't think I can't see you - because there is one chap who is an example to you all. It really is possible to rise above the unfortunate circumstances into which you were born - although obviously you'll never be quite PLU as you do not come from the right families even if we let you work for us.

That chap is George Iain Duncan Smith. Not only did he change his name for advancement, he had the sense to get someone to recommend him for a commission in the Guards. Well, the Scots Guards, at least. Not quite the same as the Blues and Royals but at least he avoided the Welsh...
Jonty tells me he was Returned To Unit - a masterstroke, because he was thus able to carry bags for that Acland chap whose mother was titled so young George was exposed to people of quality at an early age. Clever boy.He married well, too - the daughter of a baron, no less. A minor title, naturally; patently George was canny enough not to overreach himself which is an excellent quality in the low-born.
Considering his origins, he's done awfully well. Not for him all this Eton nonsense, and at least he took the time to go to Scotland (and not in the shooting season either) to see for himself how poor people live when they're not properly tied to one's estate. It only goes to show that if you don't look after your servants they run amok - they simply can't look after themselves, and luckily George understands that what they need is a jolly good dose of hard work to sort them out. I understand that all sorts of Reds have complained that there's no work for plebs with no legs or some sort of mental aberration - and for the life of me I do not understand why they don't put them away out of sight somewhere like we do.
I mean, even the Windsors do it.

Those of you who want to better yourselves could do a lot worse than emulate this odd little man. I appreciate he is an aberration from the usual type so very common in the lower ranks, but he really does show what a little application can do. Absolutely marvellous.

Now, I must sign off - apparently Cook is going off something alarming because the new under-scullion has no idea how to prepare ptarmigan.
Horrors! And we can't have luncheon late - the Hunt will be here shortly.....which reminds me, I must get Jeeves to sort out the claret.....

Toodlepip!
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am off to get someone to recommend me for a Commission in the Guards.

Ma'am.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

From Com Res

What we don't know of course is were those responses completely unprompted or was the same list of actors presented for each politician ?
Or was it set up to get the 'Ed should be played by Mr Bean' headline ?

& on the horrific allegations about Dolphin Square etc.,
Needle Blog has a timely reminder about games that can be played, not sure if it is this weekend's awful reports that is what we are being warned about ?
http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014 ... chiavelli/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

yahyah wrote: What we don't know of course is were those responses completely unprompted or was the same list of actors presented for each politician ?
Not sure that Hugh Grant would be too pleased with that comparison, nor Colin Firth; and let us not forget that Rowan Atkinson also played the rather more sophisticated Edmund Blackadder, perhaps not such a bad suggestion (especially as Tony Robinson is very much a Labour supporter).

How lovely to see her Ladyship gracing us with her presence again. Always a pleasure ma'am.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lindsay Roy MP retweeted
Scott Arthur ‏@EdinSaysNaw 2h2 hours ago
Sturgeon will leave it to Labour to fight the Tories in GE2015. Her party will attack Labour. http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/ana ... onference/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Morning all.

Well - let's hope Labour can really take the fight to the Tories. Going to need all the social media and grassroots activity that can be mustered. Cameron may well help in his own blinkered way, of course. His comments on TTIP may well do that ... anyone who thinks he can be trusted on anything to do with NHS after his blatant pre election lie - No reorganisation of the NHS - are beyond belief.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Rightly or Wrongly Mr Bean is enduringly popular - at home and abroad
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 48235.html?
headline wrote:Labour has extended its poll lead to four points but just one in five people can imagine Ed Miliband as prime minister, according to a poll.
AND YET
Belfast Telegraph wrote:Some 29% of those asked trusted the Labour leader to stand up for working people, compared with 22% for David Cameron.

Some 50% expect Mr Cameron to make deep cuts to public services if he is in No 10 after the 2015 election, compared with 24% for Mr Miliband.
what are we on?
Questions about "prime ministeriality" are largely a media construct, that's what. Don't beat yourself up too much about them :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

As was Eddie the Eagle
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Have found the question/results from Com Res.

The list of actors was and party breakdowns is here:

http://www.comres.co.uk/poll/1319/sunda ... 4-poll.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colin Firth (25%) is the Conservatives’ most popular choice to play David Cameron while Labour voters are more likely to say Hugh Grant would be best, as do UKIP voters (20% and 22% choosing Grant respectively).

Two in five Conservatives (41%) and UKIP voters (39%) think Rowan Atkinson would be best to play Ed Miliband in a film, compared to just 14% of Labour voters.

Around one in ten Labour voters think High Grant (12%) and Colin Firth (11%) should play their leader.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Questions about "prime ministeriality" are largely a media construct, that's what. Don't beat yourself up too much about them :)
OK have relinquished British requisition self-flagellation equipment.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sturgeon will leave it to Labour to fight the Tories in GE2015. Her party will attack Labour.
How was it the SNP used to be described? Something to do with Tartan. On the tip of my tongue ...
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

was it Tartan self-destructive f***wits?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

yahyah wrote:Have found the question/results from Com Res.

The list of actors was and party breakdowns is here:

http://www.comres.co.uk/poll/1319/sunda ... 4-poll.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colin Firth (25%) is the Conservatives’ most popular choice to play David Cameron while Labour voters are more likely to say Hugh Grant would be best, as do UKIP voters (20% and 22% choosing Grant respectively).

Two in five Conservatives (41%) and UKIP voters (39%) think Rowan Atkinson would be best to play Ed Miliband in a film, compared to just 14% of Labour voters.

Around one in ten Labour voters think High Grant (12%) and Colin Firth (11%) should play their leader.
Pah, one of the finest characters this country has is a shoo in for the Miliband biopic! I've always thought it was a bit of an own goal for his opponents to go with the Wallace & Gromit sneers; people like W & G, so it imbues the two Eds with a certain cachet at odds with the purpose of the sneerers - and, of course, they always come out on top in the end (maybe somebody who still posts Over There could point that out to the Sea Troll next time he attempts one of his laboured Wallace posts?).
Attachments
brookes_SE3.jpg
brookes_SE3.jpg (148.18 KiB) Viewed 12081 times
Last edited by TheGrimSqueaker on Sun 16 Nov, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Yep - play to your strengths.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

John McDonnell ‏@johnmcdonnellMP 2h2 hours ago
@@janemerrick23 you have made a statement about me in your column today which is simply untrue.Why didn't you contact me to check?
I can't find any mention of him. Has she / Indy already taken it out?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
John McDonnell ‏@johnmcdonnellMP 2h2 hours ago
@@janemerrick23 you have made a statement about me in your column today which is simply untrue.Why didn't you contact me to check?
I can't find any mention of him. Has she / Indy already taken it out?
It's in this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 63261.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; under the 'Mob Story' part. It's rehashing the "lynch" story about McVey.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Am off to get someone to recommend me for a Commission in the Guards.

Ma'am.
Honestly, I despair!

Young Clanger, this is exactly the sort of thing that proves why PLU are vastly superior.

One does not address the aristocracy as "ma'am"
That's for the Queen - pronounced Mam - only.
Certain army and police officers insist on this, utterly ridiculous - and women in the forces are anathema and it's typical of the commoners to pick a form of address that simply isn't on. Even Bloody Debretts is in on the act these days and it won't do. Reprehensible!

The correct style and form to address me is Marchioness, or if you insist on being casual (not a trait I admire in inferiors) you may address me as The Most Honourable or, in extremis, Your Ladyship will do.
You may only use my actual name when Jonty finally pops it and I become the Dowager - then I will be styled Jacobia, Marchioness of Chippypisstake-on-the-Downs, and you will no doubt see the announcement in the Court Circular. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Times misses it - it hasn't been the same since that mad colonial took over, and one simply cannot rely on Australians for anything as they're all descended from criminals. They do make excellent cannon fodder, though.
Perhaps you should subscribe to the Tatler - at least they seem to have a clue, and they report the Hunt Ball awfully well, even if most of the gels looking for husbands have fathers in trade.

Young Clanger, I feel it is my solemn duty to inform you that you need lessons in the correct etiquette before you can seriously expect to aim as high as an officer in the Guards. Although to be fair the Irish might have you. They're not particular.
I would suggest you do some serious prep before you even think about Sandhurst - and if you are one of those low types bred with a chin, you haven't got a chance, I'm sorry to say. One must be honest about these things to avoid disappointment.

However, I am very pleased to encounter someone who wants to improve themselves. We have a vacancy for an under-sub-footman here at old Chippers House, and even if you don't qualify for that you'll be relieved to know that Cook has been so upset about the ptarmigan being ruined (we'll have to suffer the woodcock) that I've had to let the under-scullion go. No references either!
So if you really want to learn about how grand people in very grand houses operate for your future career, you could do a lot worse than start work in the cellar under the kitchens. Who knows? If you do well, we might think about pay at some point.

As I don't sully my hands with this sort of thing, address your application to Jonty's management team or send it to the Athenaeum, as he's usually there most of the time - and don't forget to tell George Smith (see the peerless - literally - advice above) so that he can pay us the few thousand he generally does for taking you on for training.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehous ... or-labour/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

The Spectator on "why rochester won't provide much relief for Labour"

... because it's going to be fantastic for the Tories isn't it.
am bored of it now, which is, frankly, a relief.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Yes ma'am

:shock:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

From Com Res

What we don't know of course is were those responses completely unprompted or was the same list of actors presented for each politician ?

& on the horrific allegations about Dolphin Square etc.,
Needle Blog has a timely reminder about games that can be played, not sure if it is this weekend's awful reports that is what we are being warned about ?
http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014 ... chiavelli/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's an American TV comedy actor named Ray Romano (?) who would, physical appearance-wise, make a good Ed Miliband. Indeed, they were mistaken for one another on a 'plane, I believe.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morning! Probably a fleeting visit - but I'm following you all (in a non-sinister fashion, I should add).
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

PorFavor wrote:There's an American TV comedy actor named Ray Romano (?) who would, physical appearance-wise, make a good Ed Miliband. Indeed, they were mistaken for one another on a 'plane, I believe.
Stand up, voice of Manny the mammoth in the Ice Age films and star of the (almost) eponymous "Everybody Loves Raymond"; the latter show was one of the biggest sitcoms in the States, and was based to a large extent on Romano's own life - it earned him six Emmy nominations (he won in 2002) and it made him the highest paid actor on US TV at the time. One of my favourite American imports, mainly because his father was played by the late great Peter Boyle.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andy Burnham ‏@andyburnhammp 30m30 minutes ago
As @David_Cameron puts "rocket boosters" on #TTIP, Labour asks Commons to vote this Fri for FULL exemption for #NHS > http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30073357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

David McDaid ‏@dmcdaid 7m7 minutes ago
@andyburnhammp - presume also if a TTIP agreement of any sort eventually reached wil also have to be approved by UK Parliament?

Andy Burnham ‏@andyburnhammp 5m5 minutes ago
“@dmcdaid: presume if TTIP agreement of any sort reached wil also have to be approved by Parliament?”> Sadly not, why we're forcing vote now
I wonder which way the Lib Dems will vote? No I don't.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Times Red Box email has an interesting piece in it.
The quest to calm the horses will not be helped by revelations in The Sunday Times that the Treasury failed on Friday to oppose plans to hand the European Commission an extra £2.4 billion this year - a fresh bill for British taxpayers of £400m.

I spoke yesterday to an irate EU diplomat from one of the countries that want to control costs who was amazed when David Gauke, the Treasury minister deputed by George Osborne to attend Ecofin meetings, did no more than abstain on the proposal. His view is that Britain has agreed to shut up about the annual budget in exchange for more time to pay the £850m bill with which it was saddled last month. It’s just the kind of machinations on which Ukip thrives.

The Treasury at first repeatedly refused to deny that they have struck a deal with the commission, and then turned around and said that there is no such deal. Suspicious. They say they did not vote against because the extra money this year will be offset by extra cash later and that the plans don’t breach the seven year budget agreement signed up to by Cameron. But the bottom line is that we will have to pay more this year. If the government doesn’t see the point of voting against that, you do wonder what its European policy is.

Ed Balls, the shadow chancellor, has called on Osborne to "come clean about his secret deal".
I'm shocked that the Murdoch media didn't run with it as a front page story......no no, I'm truly shocked :roll:
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (251.34 KiB) Viewed 12000 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The voters in Rochester and Strood know Cameron has failed them
http://labourlist.org/2014/11/the-voter ... iled-them/
But the Tories are on course to lose in no small part because they are defying their leader and fighting themselves as much as they are UKIP. Over 100 MPs, including 11 Government ministers, have reportedly refused to turn up to Rochester and there are now growing calls from senior Tories for their party to form a pact with Nigel Farage.
Strewth. That's all I can say if that's true ... 100 MPs, including 11 Government ministers ... strewth.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Crisis, what crisis?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... y-election" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh. :rofl: