Monday 17th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 17th November 2014

Post by ohsocynical »

adam wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:On Twitter. What we were discussing the other week about right winger's brains being wired differently. Sorry I can't transfer the photo....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2pgen0CcAAQDwd.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Clarence!!! What are you doing with that pig!!!???

I shall go to My Room...
One evening in October
When I was about one-third sober
And was taking home a load with manly pride
My poor feet began to stutter
So I lay down in the gutter
And a pig came up and lay down by my side

Then we sang "It's All Fair Weather"
And "Good Fellows Get Together"
Till a lady passing by was heard to say
She says, "You can tell a man who boozes
By the company he chooses"
And the pig got up and slowly walked away
:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Chris Bryant retweeted
Chris Williamson @ChriswMP · 2h 2 hours ago
On the way to Rochester with @PaulBlomfieldMP & @ChrisBryantMP to campaign for Labour's brilliant candidate @naushabahkhan
I still don't quite get why people are saying Khan's not being supported by other Labour MPs and frontbenchers ... there seems to be a steady stream of them going down to Rochester & Strood to help.
If you check the #TogetherWeKhan page, loads of people have been down to help
https://twitter.com/hashtag/TogetherWeK ... sh&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Ohso said - I haven't looked but would it be on YouTube?
Labour YouTube channel :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEBNsf ... 70MJEhJQ1g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rochester.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2plXBWIEAA0Uus.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

In other news (not that far removed, though :) )...

http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-an ... 1ohmg.html

"This kind of governing structure may be exactly what we'd expect in Cuba or North Korea, but it is at odds with good governance practices here," Bill Dempsey, chief financial officer of the New York-based Nathan Cummings Foundation, told Mr Murdoch at Friday's meeting.

...and at the 'Sun Six' trial...

lisa o'carroll @lisaocarroll · 44m 44 minutes ago

Wright: What grates is company shopped you? Pharo:No, what really grates me is co, has provided a fraction of the evidence in this case

Pharo: I would suggest that others have had a great deal of fortune in that there are incomplete trails of evidence to the police.

I wonder who the 'others' are...more :popcorn:
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

HindleA wrote:http://thepoorsideoflife.wordpress.com/ ... its-worst/

Job seeker threatened with sanctions for joining a demonstration.

This is fascism.

No other words are necessary.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn · 40s 40 seconds ago
Sir John Randall has given witness statement saying Andrew Mitchell told him he "could not recall" what was said at the gate #plebgate

Tom Newton Dunn retweeted
Jack of Kent @JackofKent · 20m 20 minutes ago
It would appear a distinction is being made at #plebgate hearing between "an enormous shitstorm" and "a massive shitstrom".

Seriously.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

James Plunkett retweeted
Peter Styles @pstymail · Nov 15
Blog about man sanctioned by DWP gets 25,000 hits in 4 days. Latest entry here http://bit.ly/1x4s0n6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; @pollytoynbee @hilarypepper @tianran
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn · 12m 12 minutes ago
Desmond Browne QC: "Why not be frank with your own deputy chief whip, who is going to come to give evidence to this court?" #plebgate

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn · 14m 14 minutes ago
Another Tory MP, Michael Fabricant, has also given similar statement, court hears. "They were not on my side", Mitchell says #plebgate
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Gemma Doyle ‏@GemmaWDMP 4m4 minutes ago
Tory Reservists policy falling apart in the chamber. Severe criticism coming from their own back benches...
For a horrible moment I read that as reservists being recruited for the Tories .... what a ghastly prospect - but possible the only way they could increase their numbers / strength now is to pay people for joining up.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 29s29 seconds ago
For the first time for a month LAB moves into the lead in the Ashcroft National Poll
LAB 30+1
CON 29-1
LD 9-1
UKIP 16=
GRN 7=
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... cance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leaving aside the usual ''wtf's'' which comes with every Oborne article, what he writes about here could develop into something very interesting?

To hear Patrick O'Flynn described as a ''raving pinko'' illustrates how seriously detached UKIP is.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

An important update from Cure the NHS

http://www.curethenhs.co.uk/news/cure-t ... -17112014/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:An important update from Cure the NHS

http://www.curethenhs.co.uk/news/cure-t ... -17112014/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a crock of shit.

Smears and trolls, persecution etc etc. :sick:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... cance.html

Leaving aside the usual ''wtf's'' which comes with every Oborne article, what he writes about here could develop into something very interesting?
I was just weighing up whether or not to post this link here ...
Patrick O’Flynn Denies Leftist Smears
http://order-order.com/2014/11/17/patri ... st-smears/
Apols for the source.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Seems to me they've only been asked to account for their actions the same as they've been demanding from the NHS.
They want complete openness and accountability but if they're taking on the big players, need to be totally on the ball with their own affairs.

Or to put it another way. People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... cance.html

I was just weighing up whether or not to post this link here ...
Patrick O’Flynn Denies Leftist Smears
http://order-order.com/2014/11/17/patri ... st-smears/
Apols for the source.
Little bit messy isn't it? Breitbart have a piece on about the same subject apparently, it could though of course just be a wheeze to get the Tories looking better, you do though get the impression there's too many gargantuan egos in Ukip?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 29s29 seconds ago
For the first time for a month LAB moves into the lead in the Ashcroft National Poll
LAB 30+1
CON 29-1
LD 9-1
UKIP 16=
GRN 7=
So, the last 4 polls have Labour back in the lead, albeit a small one. I expect Notso was doing his usual "this isn't a story" line Over There today. :D
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

ephemerid wrote:

This is fascism.

Very dangerous times indeed.The culture of an organisation and the expected behaviour required comes from the top.Denying a distressed person the use of an easily available toilet (remember IDS used a disabled toilet causing a waiting person such distress,and didn't even bother to flush)in these terms is quite acceptable.Systematically targeting people for sanctions is not only acceptable but excepted,by any means.The advocating of illegality and propagation of the view of the disabled as not worthy of full citizenship is not only acceptable,when called out on it derives sympathy for holding such a position.Today,the dismissing of any contribution of people coming from abroad as a silly irrelevance because they will cost the State in their later days.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 37s38 seconds ago
From today's polls the CON+LAB aggregate:
Ashcroft = 59%
Populus = 71%
That's some difference

Excuse my ignorance. What does this mean?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:

Seems to me they've only been asked to account for their actions the same as they've been demanding from the NHS.
They want complete openness and accountability but if they're taking on the big players, need to be totally on the ball with their own affairs.

Yes - it seems that way to me too.

And I don't get why they complain that some complaints about them are politically motivated (and show a couple of tweets from a prospective parliamentary candidate which merely say there are questions to answer if certain things have happened). They have made political points and targets as part of their campaign - and are saying now that they need to stay as a campaign group because what they can do as a charity would be too restricted ...

It all reads as rather alarmist ...
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

ohsocynical wrote:Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 37s38 seconds ago
Ashcroft = 59%
Populus = 71%
That's some difference

The polling percentages of Labour and Conservatives added together in each poll. Quite what Smithson is trying to "say" here I dunno.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn · 13m 13 minutes ago
Court hears author Robert Harris gave Andrew Mitchell advice writing resignation statement and Sunday Times News Review article #plebgate

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn · 26m 26 minutes ago
"Mr Fabricant has campaigned against me through out this period," says Andrew Mitchell. Mud flying between Tory MPs now at #plebgate trial
What with this Tory mud slinging fest, and the UKIP split (left wing Ukip smear now there's a term to cause a splutter, eh!) - there will have to be a massive slew of articles and media on a shitstorm for Ed Miliband any moment now ...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Gemma Doyle ‏@GemmaWDMP 4m4 minutes ago
Tory Reservists policy falling apart in the chamber. Severe criticism coming from their own back benches...
For a horrible moment I read that as reservists being recruited for the Tories .... what a ghastly prospect - but possible the only way they could increase their numbers / strength now is to pay people for joining up.
I think it was fantasy from the start. Make the headline cuts quickly and cross the other bridge when they came to it.

Another very good card for UKIP.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Christ, Private Eye.

One item- Blunkett's successor in his seat... works for him. He's also the Deputy Leader of the Council and a former miner. Gee, sounds like a terrible candidate! But apparently it means Blunkett is "keeping his hand in".

Tower Hamlets- quote of histrionics from Pickles at the top of the page, with section of bad old Lutfur underneath. There's a point- the report doesn't clear him of fraud because it didn't investigate it, but on the other hand he has been accused of it all the time. So you'd expect him to seize on one bit of a report and make a lot of it. This is what every government department does, every day, when the NAO or whoever criticize them. "We're pleased to see that the report says..."
Private Eye, who've done no work except write up Ted Jeory's stuff, now say the council were left open to fraud. Sure, but not quite what's been thrown at Tower Hamlets, is it?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ben Gummer ‏@ben4ipswich 3h3 hours ago
Very poor form for @BBCWorldatOne to introduce serially wrong David Blanchflower as impartial "economist" when in fact Labour cheerleader.

Danny Blanchflower ‏@D_Blanchflower 19m19 minutes ago
@ben4ipswich @BBCWorldatOne are you joking tory spinmeister

Alastair Stewart ‏@alstewitn 9m9 minutes ago
@D_Blanchflower @ben4ipswich @BBCWorldatOne I am a fan, Danny, as you know, but 'impartial' is immersing the lily in a vat of 24 carat gold.

Karl Turner MP retweeted
Danny Blanchflower ‏@D_Blanchflower 6m6 minutes ago New Hampshire, US
@alstewitn @ben4ipswich @BBCWorldatOne who said i was impartial i am opposed to the economic policies that produced worst recovery in 300yrs
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Oh yes, another item. Guardian hypocrisy! It apparently has a spread betting thing, while also campaigning against.... something differerent, ie fixed odds betting terminals.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Oh Fucking Hell! :lol: :lol: I don't like going onto the Brietbart site, it's like the Telegraph on acid. But by Christ it's a hoot.

''Prince Andrew in Saudi to reinforce ties'' yes, of course he is, his bloody own.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Lond ... force-ties" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The rest of it is one long wank-a-thon to UKIP.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

After the £25bn Osborne overspend on social security I'm wondering where is a) the continual referencing on news 24 and b) the TPA press release and spokesperson to discuss this in the studios? Hmm.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jon Dalladay ‏@jondalladay 7h7 hours ago
@AdamBienkov That is the single scariest thing I have seen for a LONG time...
"People who like Boris Johnson" https://yougov.co.uk/profiler#/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin Rowson
‏@MartinRowson
@jondalladay @AdamBienkov Still, men over 60 who enjoy motorsports & watching Kylie while eating game sausages must have low life expectancy
:lol: :lol: :lol:
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Very poor form for @BBCWorldatOne to introduce serially wrong David Blanchflower as impartial "economist" when in fact Labour cheerleader.

@D_Blanchflower @ben4ipswich @BBCWorldatOne I am a fan, Danny, as you know, but 'impartial' is immersing the lily in a vat of 24 carat gold.

Karl Turner MP retweeted
@alstewitn @ben4ipswich @BBCWorldatOne who said i was impartial i am opposed to the economic policies that produced worst recovery in 300yrs

The verbal Ping-Pong match between Gummer and Blanchflower is hilarious, if Gummer loses his seat next May expect no mercy from Blanchflower. :D
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Karl Turner MP retweeted
I suspect Gummer thinks Blanchflower predicted 5m unemployed with austerity.
He didn't- he predicted it if no fiscal or monetary stimulus.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Gummer ignoring the monetary stimulus point so far.

Just insulting. "Rubbish Nostradamus".
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Former Tory councillor jailed for “large-scale immigration fraud”
http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/11/1 ... ion-fraud/
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

This is fun.

Chewing the fat on economics with David Blanchflower, and bashing Tory MPs.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

How I see UKIP. [Sorry it isn't neater]

Remembering a conversation with my son not many years ago. We were talking politics and I was agonising over whether to convert to LibDem. My son said 'What about UKIP? I pooh poohed them. At that time they were:

A small political party more known for its European MPs. Not much else.
And then battles in Tory party over Europe leaves an opening for UKIP
Farage decides to move directly into mainstream UK politics.
Appeals to baser instincts of man on the street.
Simplistic policies.
Lots of leg work and organising done at grass roots by that same man on the street.
Farage takes money from big business.
Tory MPs start to eye UKIP up.
More chance of them rising above the ranks.
Bigger fish in smaller pond.
As Tory and City influence increases, the grass roots are disregarded and discarded.
UKIP becomes even more right wing.
Are still only a small political party.
Haven't put down nearly enough roots to weather too many scandals or coups.
Are beginning to alienate their grass roots.
It took the LibDems over twenty years to gain any sort of power.
UKIP are aiming for the same in a quarter of the time.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

ephemerid wrote:

This is fascism.

Needs tweeting, particularly to the great and good. It is fascism.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

StephenDolan wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 37s38 seconds ago
Ashcroft = 59%
Populus = 71%
That's some difference

The polling percentages of Labour and Conservatives added together in each poll. Quite what Smithson is trying to "say" here I dunno.
Oh well that makes two of us....Thanks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Not just Gummer, but all his supporters have gone quiet.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

And I don't get why they complain that some complaints about them are politically motivated (and show a couple of tweets from a prospective parliamentary candidate which merely say there are questions to answer if certain things have happened). They have made political points and targets as part of their campaign - and are saying now that they need to stay as a campaign group because what they can do as a charity would be too restricted ...

They are certainly disorganised, to say the least. Along with the, um, explanation of how the paperwork got all messed up, they say they have had to remove their address from the web-site because of threats (removing personal address is sensible, threats of violence are always wrong and illegal, please note!) but then illustrate the type of threat by including an image of a tweet in which the tweeter makes a threat and publishes the address which has just been removed from elsewhere on the site...
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Thurrock council has CCTV footage of the attack so Mr Le-Surf said he hopes it is only a matter of time before the offenders are brought to justice. We’ll know then if they really are UKIP members.
http://voxpoliticalonline.com/
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I’m very happy to defend and take some credit for what is happening in the British economy - growing at 3%, the biggest fall in unemployment on record, 400,000 new businesses.

Because of the difficult decisions that we took, the British economy is doing well.

The difference I would say is now while there are problems in the world economy, you can actually see that Britain is outperforming other countries in the world and the figures speak for themselves.
What does that actually mean?

Took over in 2010, it went up till Nov 2011, then fell again.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Labour’s Andy Sawford asks which prime minister turned up to the discussion on climate change: the one who said he wanted to hug a husky, or the one who said he wanted to cut the crap.

Cameron says it was the one who set up the green investment bank, and the one who commissioned a new nuclear power station when Labour did nothing to restart the nuclear programme.
Liar. Utter liar.
In January 2008, the UK government gave the go-ahead for a new generation of nuclear power stations to be built
On 10 January 2008, Alan Duncan MP issued a response to the Government's announcement on nuclear power, welcoming it and suggesting that the Conservatives supported a level economic playing field for different types of energy generation rather than a preference for one over another
In November 2009, the Government identified ten nuclear sites which could accommodate future reactors: Bradwell in Essex; Braystones in Cumbria; Kirksanton in Cumbria; Sellafield in Cumbria; Hartlepool in County Durham; Heysham in Lancashire; Hinkley Point in Somerset; Oldbury in Gloucestershire; Sizewell in Suffolk; and Wylfa in North Wales[45] Most of these sites already have a nuclear power station; the only new sites are Braystones and Kirksanton.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Laura McInerney ‏@miss_mcinerney 9m9 minutes ago
Richard Bacon MP asks how many schools are in 'paused' chains. DfE "can't give" figure. We've had this question before in Ed Ctte too. #PAC

Bacon isn't having it at all.

And he's dead right.

They really don't want to give out any bad info about academy chains. Pathetic.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
I’m very happy to defend and take some credit for what is happening in the British economy - growing at 3%, the biggest fall in unemployment on record, 400,000 new businesses.

Because of the difficult decisions that we took, the British economy is doing well.

The difference I would say is now while there are problems in the world economy, you can actually see that Britain is outperforming other countries in the world and the figures speak for themselves.
What does that actually mean?

Took over in 2010, it went up till Nov 2011, then fell again.
I thought it meant that it is only because the outlook is bad for many other countries (particularly the EU countries and Japan) that the UK figures look good, in comparison. And, it is only while that situation continues that our growth figures will look good. And he carefully did not say that we were outperforming all other countries. His statement that the figures speak for themselves translates as, "I do not understand the figures so don't expect me to explain them..."

I think ;)

Edit: apostrophe (Gesundheit) ;)
Last edited by LadyCentauria on Mon 17 Nov, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Ha, ha, yes.

Which figures? Productivity? Population? Food banks?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

LadyCentauria wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: Seems to me they've only been asked to account for their actions the same as they've been demanding from the NHS.

They are certainly disorganised, to say the least. Along with the, um, explanation of how the paperwork got all messed up, they say they have had to remove their address from the web-site because of threats (removing personal address is sensible, threats of violence are always wrong and illegal, please note!) but then illustrate the type of threat by including an image of a tweet in which the tweeter makes a threat and publishes the address which has just been removed from elsewhere on the site...
If you are going to put yourself in the public eye, you have to be very, very sharp and have an even thicker skin. I get the impression she never thought things through and is basically out of her depth.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

User Actions
Follow

Ben GummerVerified account
‏@ben4ipswich
@D_Blanchflower @alstewitn @BBCWorldatOne no, but it looks like I understand basic English a little better than you. Goodbye Danny.

And with that the snide so and so who can't argue his point properly and doesn't even seem to think he should disappeared!

Pathetic.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 3m3 minutes ago
(Possibly) BREAKING: Coulson set to be released from prison on tag next week: wonder how much of his memoirs he's written. #HACKINGTRIAL
So out after less than 5 months of an 18 month sentence. Quelle Surprise!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rearofthestore wrote:
Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 3m3 minutes ago
(Possibly) BREAKING: Coulson set to be released from prison on tag next week: wonder how much of his memoirs he's written. #HACKINGTRIAL
So out after less than 5 months of an 18 month sentence. Quelle Surprise!

Maybe Cameron will give him a third chance in life.