Thursday 23rd September 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 23rd September 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 23rd September 2021

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Apologies for triggering the 80s extravaganza and then disappearing.
Basically I fell asleep.

Morning!
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

So, Starmer's vision for Britain is PFI as far as the eye can see? Guaranteed vote winner there 🤦🤦
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

'Er indoors chemo went well enough after an initial bad reaction to the first dose, they calmed it down and tried again after 40 minutes.

The shake-up to the power sector can only be a good thing - way too many small firms chasing after a fairly static customer base. And nothing, as I saw someone trying to claim, like Tesco & Sainsburys...

And rather fun seeing all of the cranks that are left presenting/watching GB News having a pop at Andrew Neil. Establishment figure, MSM, metropolitan liberal elite, controlled media - they're all there...

Might get round to reading the Starmer thing at some point.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

What he said.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Thu 23 Sep, 2021 9:45 am
Might get round to reading the Starmer thing at some point.
Really you only need to read the sentence that inspired refitman's post above.

"we would build an effective partnership of state and private sector to prioritise the things that we have seen really matter: health ..."
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@tinyclanger2

I've met your sort (the "I'll be right behind you" type) before.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

John McDonnell, shadow chancellor when Jeremy Corbyn was Labour leader, has described Sir Keir Starmer’s long essay about his vision for Labour as uninspiring and “like the Sermon on the Mount written by a focus group”. (Politics Live, Guardian)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Labour have always been obsessed by "hard work(ing)", the clue is in the name. Let's not pretend this began with Starmer or even Blair.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Who?-me?-emoticon
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Wes Streeting?

Are they actually on glue??

(apart from anything else, he is currently taking a break from front line politics due to his cancer treatment)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

How do they fuck up the 'easy' stuff so badly?

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

British politics might be a dumpster fire, but at least we're not here (yet)

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

does bring to mind the Sturgeon Miliband puppet thing
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Now talk that Starmer might back down over the electoral college - was it really worth it?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Thu 23 Sep, 2021 7:52 am Apologies for triggering the 80s extravaganza and then disappearing.
I'd have got up and danced if there'd been some drunk middle aged women and some Human League but there wasn't so I didn't.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I thought when people went on a vision quest they usually met their spirit animal and gleaned profound insights into themselves and the cosmos, so I was surprised to read Keir Starmer's account of what appears to have been the most bland, uninspiring experience imaginable. Did he even take the peyote?

I admit I haven't read it, but when the only people who seem to have a good word to say about it are Tories then I can't say I'm inclined to bother. It sounds like yet another Labour proclamation written in fear. Fear of offending just about anyone by the sound of it, to the point of being so watered down even a homeopath would be embarrassed to flog it.

What is it about the Labour Party and failing to understand that in order to win an election you have to piss people off?

Yeah sure, on some things under Corbyn they were more willing to do the above than previously, but on Brexit he was as cowardly as the cowardly lion when he was too cowardly to pick up his coward award at cowards anonymous.

The Tories don't suffer from this, or the SNP, they know you can't please everyone so don't even try. Why are Labour so incapable of learning that one simple thing?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh well, back to QT again.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

"The workers are now the new bosses," says loony Kate Andrews from the Spectator talking about a million new job opportunities the IFS said were overwhelmingly low paid and insecure. Grant Shapps is doing his best to humiliate himself talking absolute bullshit, but you get the impression he doesn't really believe most of the crap he comes out with. Kate however is entirely sincere in her derangement.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And now she appears to think we have some kind of giant batteries somewhere in the country storing renewable energy and because it hasn't been windy enough they've run down...or something. She's utterly bonkers.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I got a question right on Only Connect recently thanks to Grant Shapps' previous career as an online con artist and tonight he really had to dig deep into that skill set trying to justify making people poorer while increasing their cost of living. Even Kate Andrews, while taking a break from sculpting a crude representation of Milton Friedman pleasuring Ayn Rand using her own stool, thought removing the £20 UC 'uplift' was a bad idea.

Meanwhile David Lammy did what he does best, he put on a performance, raised his voice, pointed his finger a lot, but ultimately offered very little of any substance.

The only good bit was at the end when the boring nice bloke from Iceland (the freezer shop) turned out to be the murderer.

I mean the clues were all there, the bodies had been frozen, chopped up into small bits and used as pizza topping so when Fiona Bruce confronted him with his crime I was half expecting it, and it also explains why Iceland's pizzas are so horrible.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As a final thought on the subject I noted how Kate Andrews got a round of applause this evening for saying everyone should be able to have a face to face GP appointment. What she didn't mention, of course, is she's a long time advocate of abolishing the NHS.

It always amuses me how these right wing chancers, when faced with the public, will curry favour with their audience by telling them what they want to hear, while scrupulously avoiding mentioning views they hold that the audience won't want to hear.

"Yeah I think everyone who wants one should have a free elephant," says Jim Todd, leader of the 'Kill all Elephants' party, funded by the International Ivory Traders Assosciation, but he gets a round of applause on QT because the audience are too fucking stupid to know who he is.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister