Thursday 7th October 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 7th October 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 7th October 2021

Post by refitman »

Le sigh

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Hello.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

refitman wrote: Thu 07 Oct, 2021 8:21 am Le sigh

The tweet referred to appears to have been zapped.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 07 Oct, 2021 12:03 pm
The tweet referred to appears to have been zapped.
For those who missed it, it read:

[The Telegraph's Dominic Penna -] "Laura Kuenssberg and Michael Gove had a dance-off and rap battle last night. Her BBC colleague Lewis Goodall then quipped: “Have we got any Tory scum in the audience?” during karaoke"
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

Some respondents suggested (hoped?) it was a joke.
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

An even fuller version:

Laura Kuenssberg and Michael Gove had a dance-off and rap battle as one Tory MP sang Ice Ice Baby at karaoke last night

Kuenssberg’s BBC colleague Lewis Goodall then gave Dancing Queen his best shot — after quipping: “Have we got any Tory scum in the audience?”
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Ah, saw that last night.

The reaction of certain people had similar happened at the Labour gathering can, of course, be imagined.
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 07 Oct, 2021 1:01 pm Ah, saw that last night.

The reaction of certain people had similar happened at the Labour gathering can, of course, be imagined.
Wonder if anyone will ask Nadine Dorries for her reaction?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see Laura has been silent so far on Twitter today. I'm guessing she'll be waking up about now to find herself sprawled on top of her hotel bed still fully dressed in her crumpled clothes reaching for the vaseline to soothe her crusty nostrils.

The BBC are denying it all of course.

If it was supposed to be a joke I find it curious that he hasn't deleted the other associated tweets, just that one.
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

Further to the above. see this:

bylinetimes.com/2021/10/07/mirror-ball-journalism-and-the-revolving-disco-dance-floor-of-british-politics/

Interesting, especially re Private Eye!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Now, who could possibly be referenced by that Private Eye claim?

Shurely not the person who Lucy Siegle bravely broke the omerta about yesterday??

(a visit to her Twitter account will reveal all, if she hasn't been bullied into taking it down)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

If it's Nick Cohen we're talking about allegations about him being a creep with wandering hands have been doing the rounds for some years now.
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 07 Oct, 2021 4:49 pm If it's Nick Cohen we're talking about allegations about him being a creep with wandering hands have been doing the rounds for some years now.
Saw that yesterday(or today, can't remember which). He does seem a nasty piece of work.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

The allegations have long been out there, but almost nobody in the media has been willing to even acknowledge them.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Evening.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I see the numbers (of covid cases) are going up.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

And I see that this place went down for a bit.....
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 07 Oct, 2021 5:02 pm The allegations have long been out there, but almost nobody in the media has been willing to even acknowledge them.
I remember allegations about Cohen's fondness for fondling going back 15 years. On the CH4 news forum probably about 2005 someone claiming to have worked at the Observer said he'd groped her and went on to claim that young female staff were being warned about him.

Obviously I've no idea if this was true, she could have been anybody with a political axe to grind, but when I did have a drink with a real life Observer photographer he confirmed that Cohen was, amongst other things, a 'known sleaze'.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Private hospitals treated just eight Covid patients a day during pandemic – report

Exclusive: Private hospitals in England also performed far fewer operations on NHS-funded patients despite multi-billion pound deal with government
(Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ays-report
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

So apparently you can arrange to have a guy murdered and chopped up into little bits but still be a fit and proper person to own an English Premier League football club.

Ah what a time to be alive, unless of course you happen to get on the wrong side of Newcastle United's new owners.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Coronavirus report warned of impact on UK four years before pandemic

Exclusive: Report from planning exercise in 2016 alerted government of need to stockpile PPE and set up contact tracing system

Senior health officials who war-gamed the impact of a coronavirus hitting the UK, warned four years before the onset of Covid-19 of the need for stockpiles of PPE, a computerised contact tracing system and screening for foreign travellers, the Guardian can reveal.

Government ministers have previously stressed that pandemic planning focused more on flu so did not prepare the UK for the demands a coronavirus placed on PPE, hospitals and care homes.(Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-pandemic
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@Sky'sGoneOut

It's alright - they've promised that all future murder victims of Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman will be cut into only two halves. The Newcastle fans are naturally delighted at this victory for human rights.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ah I see Lisa Nandy is on QT tonight. If she says anything about embracing brexit or making brexit work for the country I shall thcweam and thcweam until I'm sick.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

What's wrong with Zahawi? He's usually so bullish, the human shield they send out to defend the indefensible, yet he sounds peculiarly hesitant and nervous as if he's shitting himself.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh dear Johnson's speech seems to have gone down about as well as a shit sandwich with the audience, which apparently has a majority of Conservative voters, seems Zahawi was right to be cacking his pants and now he's going all red.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Have just been reading the Repair Shop Twitter feed where various unknown people bask in the pleasure of expert craftsmanship and other people's joy.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I remember watching one of those where a pair of sisters brought in an old food mixer and when it got fixed said the spirit of their mum would live on in it.

Who the hell would want to trap the soul of their mother in a haunted blender? Sick freaks.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Question Time update -

Nadhim Zahawi is now an unattractive shade of puce.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 07 Oct, 2021 10:59 pm Oh dear Johnson's speech seems to have gone down about as well as a shit sandwich with the audience, which apparently has a majority of Conservative voters, seems Zahawi was right to be cacking his pants and now he's going all red.
In actual fact "quickie" polling has suggested people found his speech less impressive than Starmer's.

(which recieved fairly mixed reviews, though I didn't personally think it that bad at all)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well well well. A majority Tory voting, brexit voting audience. The president of the NFU. Nick Ferrari. All of them put the boot into Zahawi and the government. Not a single person raised their hand to defend Johnson's speech, it was universally panned. Zahawi at one point was reduced to stringing random words together hoping for the best. I thought maybe last week was a one off because Eustice was so useless but again tonight we saw Tory brexit voters in open revolt. It's as if a significant proportion of them are beginning to wake up to the fact they've been made to look like fools and rather than blame themselves they're turning on the fool who led them. It was striking to see the president of the National Farmers Union laying into the Conservative party in the form of Zahawi and laughing incredulously at the response she was getting, similarly I never thought I'd see Nick Ferrari lambasting the Tories for cutting benefits.

We are living in interesting times.

As for the panel Rosie Jones was the cream of the crop and rather like last week Lisa Nandy barely had to say anything to trounce Zahawi because everyone else was kicking the shit out of him.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

At one point, audience members were openly laughing (albeit seemingly soundlessly) at Nadhim Zahawi. I think that was the point at which he reached peak puce.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Indeed, with obvious contempt. Pre-covid the QT audience was still full of shouty brexiters, whereas now they seem very quiet and pissed off. Not at we remainers, but those who promised them sunlit uplands and instead they've got empty supermarket shelves, inflation on the food and drink they can get, rocketing fuel prices and their clown Pied Piper telling them lame jokes to sugar coat the message that they're all going to have to suffer while we go through this period of 'adjustment' as if it was all part of the plan. They might have been taken for fools before but they seem less inclined to be made fools of again.

It'll be interesting to see how representative this is of the wider public but it's a stark contrast to what we were seeing last time QT had a live audience.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »