Wednesday 19th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 19th November 2014

Post by refitman »

Good morning. Labour leasd at 2 points on Yougov:

Latest YouGov / The Sun results 18th November -

Con 32%, (-1)
Lab 34%, (+2)
LD 7%, (no change)
UKIP 15%; (no change)
Green 6 (-2)

APP -23 (-5)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday 19th November 2014

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Morning!

Lab back up, Green back down, App back down. Looks believable.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Morning all.
No wonder UKIP are attracting the ""decent"" BNP voters:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... and-strood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

More English patients registered with Welsh GPs than vice versa, which of course makes perfect sense when you consider distances travelled and lack of facilities on either side of each border. Wales though receives no additional money for the extra 5,000 patients. Herefordshire and South Herefordshire accounts for 3,500 of those.

Numpty for Monmouth, David Davies, a man not backwards at coming forward said there was ''an assumption that there were huge differences'' between the two NHS's, but now there seems to be ''lot of similarities'' I wonder if the fight back from the WG accounts for the more conciliatory language, no one is pretending there aren't problems, but some of the crap thrown the last three years have been breathtaking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-30096194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

'Panic room' housing benefit change challenge at High Court
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30110270

The Tories are wasting taxpayers money to defend their right to waste taxpayers money on spiteful non-cost effective punitive policies again, I see.

This one's made it onto the BBC website it's so ridiculous. The very worthy and effective Sanctuary Scheme is being put into jeopardy by the Bedroom Tax and IDS is actually going to court to defend his decision not to exempt the exceedingly small amount of people affected by this. The numbers are so tiny it would be mad to suggest he is doing so because of costs so one has to assume the only reason he is defending this in court is pure unadulterated pride. Let's hope he's completely and utterly humiliated by the court's judgement or at least by the coverage of the case, which demands a new word be invented as 'petty' doesn't do it justice.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Willow904 wrote:

The Tories are wasting taxpayers money to defend their right to waste taxpayers money on spiteful non-cost effective punitive policies again, I see.

This one's made it onto the BBC website it's so ridiculous. The very worthy and effective Sanctuary Scheme is being put into jeopardy by the Bedroom Tax and IDS is actually going to court to defend his decision not to exempt the exceedingly small amount of people affected by this. The numbers are so tiny it would be mad to suggest he is doing so because of costs so one has to assume the only reason he is defending this in court is pure unadulterated pride. Let's hope he's completely and utterly humiliated by the court's judgement or at least by the coverage of the case, which demands a new word be invented as 'petty' doesn't do it justice.
Morning all.

From BTL on that G panic room bedroom tax report.
The DWP seems to be run by "speak your weight" machines.
So true it's horrifying. This is the new normal it seems.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Bryant retweeted
Times News ‏@TimesNewsdesk 7h7 hours ago
Thursdays are cancelled until next May, says Gove
http://thetim.es/1utce34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Times of London - Summary
By The Times of London @thetimes
Michael Gove has cancelled Thursdays in parliament, to the delight of Tories. The chief whip has written to his party’s MPs saying they are unlikely to be needed in Westminster on Thursdays between...
:?: Are by elections always held on a Thursday? Anyone with access to the Times so we can see Gove's full reasoning / excuse?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Gareth Thomas MP ‏@GarethThomasMP 20m20 minutes ago
Tory crisis mounts as Cameron pleads with his MPs not to defect to UKIP http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -ukip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … The Sun

Summary
By The Sun @TheSunNewspaper
PM made comments as his party braces itself for defeat in crunch Rochester and Strood by-election on Thursday — as bookies make Ukip 1/100 ON favourites to win the seat
Tory 'crisis'. That's right - TORY CRISIS. Wonder how much the Beeb and other channels are going to use this term over the next week - it will be interesting to compare coverage - and the kind of 'sources' they quote - with their recent coverage of so called Labour unrest.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

GoAwayLoveProductionsWeDontWantYouHere.jpg
GoAwayLoveProductionsWeDontWantYouHere.jpg (33.8 KiB) Viewed 17570 times
John Denham retweeted
joanna palmer ‏@ukjopalmer 1h1 hour ago
Producer of #immigration street says been 'uniquely difficult' to make. petition launched for boycott by advertisers.
I hope there's one or more of those posters in just about every window in that street. That should make it very very difficult to film ...

Editing to add: They should really be called Hate Productions, shouldn't they? Missed a trick there.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Chris Bryant retweeted
Times News ‏@TimesNewsdesk 7h7 hours ago
http://thetim.es/1utce34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Times of London - Summary
By The Times of London @thetimes
Michael Gove has cancelled Thursdays in parliament, to the delight of Tories. The chief whip has written to his party’s MPs saying they are unlikely to be needed in Westminster on Thursdays between...
:?: Are by elections always held on a Thursday? Anyone with access to the Times so we can see Gove's full reasoning / excuse?
I know even Andrew Lansley was complaining that there wasn't enough business.

As I've always said, it's a Government that does nothing. Except cause chaos.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

William Bain ‏@William_Bain 6m6 minutes ago
Proportion of jobs paying less than minimum wage has gone up since 2010 - evidence Govt enforcement not good enough http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_385432.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
I know even Andrew Lansley was complaining that there wasn't enough business.

As I've always said, it's a Government that does nothing. Except cause chaos.
Good - plenty of time for plotting then?

He should be keeping his MPs as busy as possible.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ukip's Mark Reckless Says Immigrants May Be Turfed Out Of An EU-Free Britain
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11 ... _hp_ref=tw
He's previously said Britain's immigration laws are "so harsh" that they are "almost inhumane" for some people, but now Mark Reckless has sparked a furious reaction after suggesting that migrants who have lived in the UK for several years could be turfed out of the country.

The Ukip parliamentary candidate, who is hoping to win back his former seat of Rochester and Strood in Kent tomorrow after defecting from the Tories in September, argued that in an EU-free Britain migrants would only be able to stay for a "fixed period."

His comments were met with horror and jeers, the Daily Mail reported, as he addressed an audience of dozens of local residents at an ITV hustings with other candidates in the Rochester and Strood by-election.
I'd like to think that shows he's gone way too far ...
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Morning all.
Clive Efford ‏@CliveEfford · 3m3 minutes ago
I welcome David Owen's support for #NHSbill but it'll have no chance if Tories + Lib Dems form the next government http://konpmedia.com/2014/11/18/lord-da ... ford-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
@RR2, apparently Reckless is saying he was misquoted but, based on the clips I've seen, they've got him bang to rights. UKIP, the repatriation party we always knew they were.

Scary Yvette on it like a rat up a drainpipe .....
“Once again, a UKIP candidate has let the mask slip to show the extent of their nasty and divisive views, and their outdated vision for Britain. To hear the language of repatriation coming from someone they hope will be their second MP is shameful. It’s a policy that comes straight out of the last BNP manifesto and does not reflect British values. Be it Mark Reckless talking about repatriation, council candidates who attack Lenny Henry for the colour of his skin, or party thugs who overturn other parties’ street stalls, nasty views are not far below the surface.”
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 2h 2 hours ago
Questions being asked about Mark Reckless missing from another hustings meeting in Rochester. Latest one Sky
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 10m 10 minutes ago
William Hill betting http://goo.gl/jBN1WA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LDs 1/33 to lose deposit in Rochester. Seems a certainty even though price very tight.
My cheerer upper for this morning.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Telegraph Politics ‏@TelePolitics 41s42 seconds ago
Nick Clegg: 'Claims Scotland Yard covered up boy's murder are grotesque' http://tgr.ph/1wWXAzF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

mike barnes retweeted
James Kirkup ‏@jameskirkup 23m23 minutes ago
Video: Why losing Rochester to Ukip is a total catastrophe for the Tories | via @Telegraph http://fw.to/OLSy0cl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all.

A scathing article on the celebrity charity single.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... d-Aid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

StephenDolan wrote:Morning all.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... d-Aid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's another very good one from the guardian here.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Well it is now clear that the Tory candidate in Rochester "couldn't tip s*** out of a boot even if the instructions were written on the heel" (to use one of LBJ's most glorious putdowns) And it does seem Reckless is attracting growing criticism as well. Could this, just maybe, be a chance for Labour to do "better than expected"? :?:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

UKIP tweeting how disgraceful it is that the Tory Running Mate used to express sympathies for the BNP.

Curiously, it appears to be the same Running Mate as this chap:

http://www.yourmedway.co.uk/news/nation ... _1_1078563

Who's that fellow on the right?
Mr Reckless said: “I’m delighted that Ron has joined us. I have a great admiration for his campaigning abilities, and I know he will be a great champion for local residents.

“After the decision by Ukip not field a candidate in Rochester and Strood at the general election, I am glad to see that the Conservatives are now also attracting supporters of other parties. I know it was not an easy decision for Ron, but he now has the opportunity to reach out to a far greater audience for the good of our local community and our country. It’s great to have him onboard.”

On his blog Cllr Sands explained why he left the English Democrats, saying that he had been threatened, and that the party was experiencing an “influx of BNP so-called big hitters”.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Research challenges government insistence that there is no link between welfare reforms and increase in charity food aid

Patrick Butler
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

DonutHingeParty wrote:UKIP tweeting how disgraceful it is that the Tory Running Mate used to express sympathies for the BNP.

Curiously, it appears to be the same Running Mate as this chap:

http://www.yourmedway.co.uk/news/nation ... _1_1078563

Who's that fellow on the right?
Mr Reckless said: “I’m delighted that Ron has joined us. I have a great admiration for his campaigning abilities, and I know he will be a great champion for local residents.

“After the decision by Ukip not field a candidate in Rochester and Strood at the general election, I am glad to see that the Conservatives are now also attracting supporters of other parties. I know it was not an easy decision for Ron, but he now has the opportunity to reach out to a far greater audience for the good of our local community and our country. It’s great to have him onboard.”

On his blog Cllr Sands explained why he left the English Democrats, saying that he had been threatened, and that the party was experiencing an “influx of BNP so-called big hitters”.
:clap:

He shoots!

He scores...into his own net.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Telegraph has half-page article today about Klass's mauling of EdM. The harpy never stopped shrieking 'not fair' for long enough for him to finish a sentence FFS. How low has political debate fallen in this country!
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

frightful_oik wrote:Telegraph has half-page article today about Klass's mauling of EdM. The harpy never stopped shrieking 'not fair' for long enough for him to finish a sentence FFS. How low has political debate fallen in this country!
Shout, accuse, ignore, interrupt. I think that's how it goes.

Roll on the frigging televised debates. Empty chair for empty Dave, rather apt.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... CMP=twt_gu

Research challenges government insistence that there is no link between welfare reforms and increase in charity food aid

Patrick Butler
The bishop of Southwark, Christopher Chessun said he was disappointed by the DWP’s dismissal of the report, which he described as “an appeal to people of goodwill” to address an important social issue. He added: “ I think they [the DWP] possibly need to read the report.”

McAuley, of the Trussell Trust, said he was frustrated that the DWP had not turned up to the report launch. The junior DWP minister Steve Webb had been due to attend but pulled out on Tuesday night for unspecified reasons. McAuley said: “They do not want to hear the story.”
I think Ephemerid's one word response is increasingly the only one that can be used for this coalition government.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Well it is now clear that the Tory candidate in Rochester "couldn't tip s*** out of a boot even if the instructions were written on the heel" (to use one of LBJ's most glorious putdowns) And it does seem Reckless is attracting growing criticism as well. Could this, just maybe, be a chance for Labour to do "better than expected"? :?:
Twould be nice but, tomorrow, sadly no. Next May however, I think all bets are off and Naushabah could be in with a real shout.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

I caught a clip of Bono sometime earlier this week who with breath taking chutzpah said something along the lines of ''it's a shame things like this have to be done'' well if ***** like him didn't spend a lifetime moving their money around, to avoid taxation, rehashing 30 year old crap songs could be avoided, to the joy of all concerned.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

StephenDolan wrote:
frightful_oik wrote:Telegraph has half-page article today about Klass's mauling of EdM. The harpy never stopped shrieking 'not fair' for long enough for him to finish a sentence FFS. How low has political debate fallen in this country!
Shout, accuse, ignore, interrupt. I think that's how it goes.

Roll on the frigging televised debates. Empty chair for empty Dave, rather apt.
Chief ****, one Nick Watt last night reckoned Miliband took 12 hours to come up with a suitable witty response, bollocks no doubt, you could give Watt a multitude of 12 hour shifts and he could only regurgitate the same old shite.

Christ, he's like a grovelling little Prefect constantly trying to gain favour, for a grown bloke it's almost embarrassing.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... clown.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More evidence of what a **** Parsons is, not has become, he always was thinking back.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Well it is now clear that the Tory candidate in Rochester "couldn't tip s*** out of a boot even if the instructions were written on the heel" (to use one of LBJ's most glorious putdowns) And it does seem Reckless is attracting growing criticism as well. Could this, just maybe, be a chance for Labour to do "better than expected"? :?:
Twould be nice but, tomorrow, sadly no. Next May however, I think all bets are off and Naushabah could be in with a real shout.
Oh, I'm not saying she is going to win - pushing the Tories into third would be a dream result, though.

(and how would the "its all a disaster for Ed really" media merchants spin *that*? :twisted:)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Fiona O'Donnell MP ‏@FionaODonnellMP 3m3 minutes ago
IDS is laughing as Ed Miliband raises case of rape victim defending her right to feel safe in her own home #pmqs #bedroomtax
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:

(my bold)

How many court cases has this Tory loser lost so far? Every single one. One after the other. Then come the appeals. Loses those too. Hoping for "utterly humiliated" at this stage of the Tory losers career isn't enough. Where are the criminal charges brought against him? He's out of control with the rest of the government he's a part of.

Misconduct in Public Office.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/misc ... ffice/#a01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:
IDS is laughing as Ed Miliband raises case of rape victim defending her right to feel safe in her own home #pmqs #bedroomtax

Showing his usual class then.
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

Agree with all of that. The fact that an article like that can get published in the Telegraph of all places suggests people are finally getting sick of tax dodging slebs imploring the rest of us little folk to dig into our pockets. And maybe we are finally seeing the end of the diefication of the ghastly Bob Geldof, a man who it was still seemingly impossible to criticise when the last Band Aid single came out a few years ago.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mary Creagh MP ‏@marycreagh_mp 2m2 minutes ago
Cameron desperate not to answer on cancer waiting time delays. 5000 people waiting longer than 62 days. NHS not safe in Tory hands #PMQs

Luciana Berger ‏@lucianaberger 1m1 minute ago
Cameron has no answer why over 5,000 cancer patients waited longer than 62 days to start treatment in the last quarter #PMQs

Ben Bradshaw ‏@BenPBradshaw 2m2 minutes ago
Cameron has completely stopped attempting to answer any questions at #PMQs he just throws personal insults at @Ed_Miliband . In the gutter
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
make it stop
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 31s32 seconds ago
. @Ed_Miliband at #PMQs 'Protecting victims of domestic violence should not be a matter of discretion it should be a matter of principle"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Stephen Doughty ‏@SDoughtyMP 24s24 seconds ago
PM resumes the war on Wales with more smears about Welsh NHS in #pmqs to distract from his own failures. Shameful.

Huw Irranca-Davies ‏@IrrancaDaviesMP 54s54 seconds ago
Cameron resorts to personal attacks when challenged on victims of domestic abuse being charged #BedroomTax on panic rooms. Says it all.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
. @Ed_Miliband at #PMQs 'Protecting victims of domestic violence should not be a matter of discretion it should be a matter of principle"
That's a superb line.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Radio 4 feature on the DWP 'peer reviews' into people who have committed suicide or died after their benefits have been stopped or reduced is on now.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

StephenDolan wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
That's a superb line.
Yes it is. Deserves an FTN retweet?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AndrewSparrow ‏@AndrewSparrow · 2m2 minutes ago
My snap PMQs verdict - Miliband ahead on substance, Cameron too reliant on newspaper 'reality'
If even Sparrow is calling it for Miliband then OGRFPG must have been appalling. :smack:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton @georgeeaton · 11m 11 minutes ago
Miliband at his most damning: "If you've got big money you've got a friend in this Prime Minister, if you haven't he couldn't care less."

George Eaton @georgeeaton · 15m 15 minutes ago
Miliband pitching popular tax rise (72% back mansion tax) against unpopular welfare cut (59% oppose bedroom tax). #PMQs
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
AndrewSparrow ‏@AndrewSparrow · 2m2 minutes ago
My snap PMQs verdict - Miliband ahead on substance, Cameron too reliant on newspaper 'reality'
If even Sparrow is calling it for Miliband then OGRFPG must have been appalling. :smack:
It highlights how ridiculous the 'Osborne beat Balls' meme was. God help Cameron in the TV debates when he will have to ditch the personal attacks and answer questions. You know, when he has to act prime ministerial.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton @georgeeaton · 2h 2 hours ago
Lib Dem blogger @charlotteahenry resigns from the party in protest at handling of Rennard allegations and David Ward: http://bit.ly/1t49HJS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

angela smith mp ‏@angelasmithmp 5m5 minutes ago London
Not one LibDem cabinet minister on frontbench for #PMQs
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Did Cameron really say?
This government has been a careful steward of the nations finances.

:smack:
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Did Cameron really say?
This government has been a careful steward of the nations finances.

:smack:
He missed out the key word "bar"