Wednesday 19th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Re: Wednesday 19th November 2014

Post by DonutHingeParty »

ohsocynical wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
citizenJA wrote:An MP AND a GP? No. We need rules against that kind of thing. Neither job is getting the attention it deserves. I don't actually know that for a fact - I don't know this person. However, I've seen the job description for GPs & MPs. I would have thought it impossible for someone in either profession able to fit them both into a functional routine.
I'm pretty sure he only does one day a week, but it's not for the NHS. It's a private practice.
Probably keeping his hand in, because although he has a large majority due to boundary changes, he's not popular. Claims for a second home although we're not far from London and he actually lives just over the border in Bucks. Holds his' surgeries' occasionally in a pub but has been known to lecture his constituents on the dangers of drinking. :roll:
You might like to read this:

Tory MP complains about having to take £50,000 pay cut to enter parliament
A Conservative MP has complained about having to take a £50,000 cut in his pay to enter parliament after giving up his job as a family doctor.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ament.html

Honest Guv. We didn't twist his arm. :toss:

Edited to add this:

Daily Mirror
View this content on DailyMirror's website
Dr Phillip Lee 'Eat doughnuts for breakfast? Pay for your own health...
By Daily Mirror @DailyMirror
He said sufferers of type 2 diabetes and similar illnesses should lose their right to free prescriptions to save the NHS from collapse

Nice heh?
Hey, Mr Lee - you know how we paid £500,000 for you to be a GP?* We kind of WANT you to keep GP'ing and not going into "Public Service" and then whinging how it doesn't pay enough.

*https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 519AACnc0W
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 11m11 minutes ago
In Ukip-facing by-elections, on last day, LibDem/ labour voters have had hand signed letters from Con candidate asking to "lend their votes"

Dearie me. It is awful. But I like it.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct together with The Guide to the Rules relating to the conduct of Members

Duties of Members

By virtue of the oath, or affirmation, of allegiance taken by all Members when they are elected to the House, Members have a duty to be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen, her heirs and successors, according to law.

Members have a duty to uphold the law, including the general law against discrimination.

Members have a general duty to act in the interests of the nation as a whole; and a special duty to their constituents.

Members should act on all occasions in accordance with the public trust placed in them. They should always behave with probity and integrity, including in their use of public resources.

General Principles of Conduct

In carrying out their parliamentary and public duties, Members will be expected to observe the following general principles of conduct identified by the Committee on Standards in Public Life in its First Report as applying to holders of public office. These principles will be taken into account when considering the investigation and determination of any allegations of breaches of the rules of conduct in Part V of the Code.

Rules of Conduct

Members shall base their conduct on a consideration of the public interest, avoid conflict between personal interest and the public interest and resolve any conflict between the two, at once, and in favour of the public interest.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 188501.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great place to start - the Code of Conduct for MPs - however, there seems to be some confusion regarding punishment, sanctions, against those MPs who don't uphold the Code of Conduct.
Mark D’Arcy, the BBC Parliamentary correspondent, considered what sanctions were available to the House against someone who lied to a committee and how an offender could be punished:

It is a contempt of Parliament to lie in evidence to a committee - and perjury if the oath has been sworn - and anybody caught telling porkies could be subject to criminal penalty. But it's not clear what. The parliamentary bible, Erskine May, makes it clear that witnesses who "give false evidence, prevaricate, present forged or falsified documents... or attempt in any way to deceive a committee... may be reported to the House and dealt with as determined".

But the precedents for such action are ancient indeed - the latest example cited is 1946-7 and another dates back to 1897. And it's really not clear how the Commons would deal with the situation were a liar to be unmasked.

[…]
The fact is, the last time such offences were dealt with, the range of punishments available probably involved hot irons, or possibly transportation to the colonies. MPs will be setting new precedents however they react, if at some future point they do conclude that they have been lied to.

Select Committees: evidence and witnesses
Standard Note: SN/PC/06208
Last updated: 29 January 2013
Author: Richard Kelly
Section Parliament and Constitution Centre

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publi ... -witnesses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my emphasis & bold)

Application of hot irons &/or "transportation to colonies" - the difficulty with transportation to colonies is that there are no more colonies to transport sanctioned MPs to. Anyway, it's not nice to saddle some region with sanctioned MPs. The hot irons punishment I can't agree with either - how is it helpful? how is it restorative justice? It's not. Punishments of this kind cultivate a hostile work environment. It can't form the fair & just place our representatives function within.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 11m11 minutes ago
In Ukip-facing by-elections, on last day, LibDem/ labour voters have had hand signed letters from Con candidate asking to "lend their votes"

"Lend their votes" to what?? Some awful Tory? Instead of the super-awful ex-Tory?

CitizenJA to Tory candidate:
"Thank you, no, get off my doorstep, you Tory. I'll have you sanctioned."
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Given that it's hard to see how they will be able to put up a "This was a disaster for Ed" line assuming Labour don't do well tomorrow.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

If anything this by-election has hammered home that the kippers and Tories are now nothing more than cheeks from the same arse. When Spectator writers slam both equally for their appalling language and ever heightening of "send 'em all home" rhetoric something is seriously deranged.

Would people like John Major, Ken Clarke or Michael Heseltine consider the Conservatives if they were setting out on a political career now, I've little time for any of them, but they would be sidelined these days, doesn't help of course that they have a man who leads them with as much spine as a jelly fish.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

With the election starting to grind into gear I'm reminded of a quote applicable to the rubbish slung at Miliband :-

"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made" FDR.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

StephenDolan wrote:With the election starting to grind into gear I'm reminded of a quote applicable to the rubbish slung at Miliband :-

"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made" FDR.
The Daily Mail, estate agents, loan sharks, Sports Direct, those who have interests in privatising the NHS... Miliband is doing alright.
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

citizenJA wrote:
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct together with The Guide to the Rules relating to the conduct of Members

Duties of Members

By virtue of the oath, or affirmation, of allegiance taken by all Members when they are elected to the House, Members have a duty to be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen, her heirs and successors, according to law.

Members have a duty to uphold the law, including the general law against discrimination.

Members have a general duty to act in the interests of the nation as a whole; and a special duty to their constituents.

Members should act on all occasions in accordance with the public trust placed in them. They should always behave with probity and integrity, including in their use of public resources.

In carrying out their parliamentary and public duties, Members will be expected to observe the following general principles of conduct identified by the Committee on Standards in Public Life in its First Report as applying to holders of public office. These principles will be taken into account when considering the investigation and determination of any allegations of breaches of the rules of conduct in Part V of the Code.

Rules of Conduct

Members shall base their conduct on a consideration of the public interest, avoid conflict between personal interest and the public interest and resolve any conflict between the two, at once, and in favour of the public interest.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 188501.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How is Cameron's rubbishing of the Welsh NHS (again!) acting in the interests of the nation as a whole?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
Code of Conduct

Duties of Members

Rules of Conduct

Great place to start - the Code of Conduct for MPs - however, there seems to be some confusion regarding punishment, sanctions, against those MPs who don't uphold the Code of Conduct.
Mark D’Arcy, the BBC Parliamentary correspondent, considered what sanctions were available to the House against someone who lied to a committee and how an offender could be punished:

It is a contempt of Parliament to lie in evidence to a committee - and perjury if the oath has been sworn - and anybody caught telling porkies could be subject to criminal penalty. But it's not clear what. The parliamentary bible, Erskine May, makes it clear that witnesses who "give false evidence, prevaricate, present forged or falsified documents... or attempt in any way to deceive a committee... may be reported to the House and dealt with as determined".

But the precedents for such action are ancient indeed - the latest example cited is 1946-7 and another dates back to 1897. And it's really not clear how the Commons would deal with the situation were a liar to be unmasked.

[…]
The fact is, the last time such offences were dealt with, the range of punishments available probably involved hot irons, or possibly transportation to the colonies. MPs will be setting new precedents however they react, if at some future point they do conclude that they have been lied to.

Select Committees: evidence and witnesses
Standard Note: SN/PC/06208
Last updated: 29 January 2013
Author: Richard Kelly
Section Parliament and Constitution Centre

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publi ... -witnesses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my emphasis & bold)

Application of hot irons &/or "transportation to colonies" - the difficulty with transportation to colonies is that there are no more colonies to transport sanctioned MPs to. Anyway, it's not nice to saddle some region with sanctioned MPs. The hot irons punishment I can't agree with either - how is it helpful? how is it restorative justice? It's not. Punishments of this kind cultivate a hostile work environment. It can't form the fair & just place our representatives function within.
Me, I'd brand them on their foreheads! Rough justice.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Oh and Philip Lee has a Twitter account, but it's not written by him. Probably doesn't have time poor soul.
He seems to have someone else posting and referring to him in third person.

I am following him God help me.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Reckless claim that EU migrants could be asked to leave overruled by Ukip
Ukip disowns remark by former Tory, saying it is not party’s policy to round up migrants and put them on a boat at Dover

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... and-strood
I'm going to use that overworked phrase: You couldn't make it up, could you. :roll:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jim Waterson ‏@jimwaterson 13m13 minutes ago
UKIP tells its activists in Rochester to stop talking to the media. Nice story by @JamieRoss7 http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/ukip- ... in-case-th" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

WelshIan wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
Code of Conduct

Duties of Members

How is Cameron's rubbishing of the Welsh NHS (again!) acting in the interests of the nation as a whole?
Cameron isn't acting in the national interest, WelshIan, making divisive & ugly remarks about the NHS in Wales. Cameron's conduct is disgraceful. I'm sorry. Not everyone is like Cameron. We will have finer leadership. We have to choose it.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Hate to think badly of my fellow Brits, but is it possible that the stance on repatriation that Reckless let slip may actually endear him to more voters ?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ben Bradshaw ‏@BenPBradshaw 35m35 minutes ago
Great that @UKLabour committed to completing full network of Marine Conservation Zones #marinecharter after pitiful progress under this lot
Good. I know some marine ecologists / scientists / conservationists who will be pleased about that too.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andy Burnham ‏@andyburnhammp 47m47 minutes ago
Just been at uplifting #NHS managers' conference #mip14 where 92% of audience voted to repeal NHS competition rules. #backthebill
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

Given that it's hard to see how they will be able to put up a "This was a disaster for Ed" line assuming Labour don't do well tomorrow.
I'm afraid that if a tory asked me to lend him my vote I would have to tell him to fuck right off.
On a sweeter note,I bought 4 punnets of raspberries for £2 at the market,and my freezer now has 6 individual heart shaped creme glacee aux fruits(raspberry iced fruit creams) and 6 portions of sauce a la framboise,ready for christmas.Yum.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:

I'm afraid that if a tory asked me to lend him my vote I would have to tell him to fuck right off.
On a sweeter note,I bought 4 punnets of raspberries for £2 at the market,and my freezer now has 6 individual heart shaped creme glacee aux fruits(raspberry iced fruit creams) and 6 portions of sauce a la framboise,ready for christmas.Yum.
Can I come to stay ? :D
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tom Newton Dunn retweeted
Danny Shaw @DannyShawBBC · 3h 3 hours ago
Asked about gaps in his #plebgate notes Richardson says: "I was eating my sandwiches & couldn't be arsed to write too much more - laziness"

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn · 3h 3 hours ago
Ian Richardson: "At the time, it was just a quirky incident of a gentleman on a bicycle who had the hump". Quote of #plebgate trial so far.
Being referred to as the most potty-mouthed trial ever.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Only one poll, but do not like this, a bit.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... kton-south" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wharton is one of my Portillo moments, hopefully.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jonathan Portes @jdportes · 11h 11 hours ago
Talking about talking about migration by @britishfuture http://www.britishfuture.org/articles/h ... migration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … Rule 1: don't make promises you can't (or don't want to) keep

Jonathan Portes retweeted
British Future @britishfuture · 18h 18 hours ago
New "How To Talk About Immigration" report now out, result of 3 years' research into public attitudes to #immigration http://www.britishfuture.org/articles/how-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

citizenJA wrote:"Harold Wilson, the son of a chemist and teacher, was born in Yorkshire during the First World War. In 1924, aged 8, he visited 10 Downing Street, which would eventually become his home."

https://www.gov.uk/government/history/p ... old-wilson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To this day, I've never been able to get my head around the Periodic Table - I've attempted learning the subject several times since my teens - I've been defeated by Chemistry. My elder sister handled it with ease but she & I were never rivals. It was understood we were completely different people, if not wholly different species though our parentage was never in doubt. She's a Certified Public Accountant with a couple of homes in Texas. I'm not.
Try this book, if you can find one.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/102 ... odic-tales
I enjoyed it, but I am a science geek.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Now Cameron's by-election candidate attacks his immigration record
Conservative candidate Kelly Tolhurst claims she challenged Prime Minister on immigration on official leaflets
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... urn false;
It's become a bear garden. I feel sorry for any constituency that has to put up with this.

Edited to add. Where is serious politics in all this?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Three more Conservative MPs poll their voters on leaving the EU... just like Reckless and Carswell did before defecting to Ukip
Peter Bone, Philip Hollobone and Martin Vickers carrying out local ballots
They are canvassing constituents on whether Britain should leave the EU
Douglas Carswell and Mark Reckless carried out polls before defecting
All three deny they are planning to leave the Conservatives for Ukip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Ukip.html
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

ohsocynical wrote:
Now Cameron's by-election candidate attacks his immigration record
Conservative candidate Kelly Tolhurst claims she challenged Prime Minister on immigration on official leaflets
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... urn false;
It's become a bear garden. I feel sorry for any constituency that has to put up with this.

Edited to add. Where is serious politics in all this?
Good question, I was politicised at an early age, due in part to being a serious kid, but I haven't known a time where politics was so fucking juvenile..
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Only one poll, but do not like this, a bit.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... kton-south" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although not good I think 'Portillo Moment' still likely. I note Smithson is suggesting the poll is 'questionable'.
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 8m8 minutes ago
Survation Unite Stockton S poll NOT past voted weighted. 48. 2% of sample were 2010 CON voters when actual figure was 38.9%
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

I wouldn't worry about it. Mike Smithson just posted this.
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 6 mins6 minutes ago
Survation Unite Stockton S poll NOT past voted weighted. 48. 2% of sample were 2010 CON voters when actual figure was 38.9%
So essentially the Tory vote is massively inflated in the poll and the poll itself is meaningless.

Not that that will stop certain people parroting it.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Louise Baldock
Standing up for Stockton South

http://www.louise-baldock4stocktonsouth.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've not had the pleasure of meeting Ms Baldock, the Labour party candidate standing against the Tory MP, Wharton, in Stockton South.

I've found something else on her website from Rachel Reeves out today.

http://www.louise-baldock4stocktonsouth ... mmigration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Spacedone wrote:

So essentially the Tory vote is massively inflated in the poll and the poll itself is meaningless.

Why do they do this? I ask in earnest - I don't understand. Will something more be done with the results?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

MegHillierMP ‏@Meg_HillierMP 16m16 minutes ago
Met Westbrook Partners today to discuss #NewEraEstate. Urged them to honour promises made to residents. http://www.meghillier.com/news/new-era-estate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

citizenJA wrote:
Spacedone wrote:

Why do they do this? I ask in earnest - I don't understand. Will something more be done with the results?
I see Tubby has asked Smithson if it is possible for him to adjust it.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin · 5h5 hours ago
Ed Miliband's ratings continue to improve. In touch +4% Honest +3% Sticks to what he believes +3% Decisive +2% Strong +1% Gd in Crisis +2%
From a low ebb admittedly, but still ......

Worth bearing in mind, of course, that this improvement has happened during the period when he has been under constant attack from the MSM and supposedly "in crisis"; Lynton must be spitting blood, looks like the smear campaign was totally counter-productive. :D

And, yes, what did they think they were trying to do with that appalling Stockton South poll? Well done to Mike Smithson for spotting their shenanigans. *

* "Shenanigans", btw, is the preferred name for my 'when I win the lottery' book shop.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Thank you everyone for the reassurances regarding Stockton South, thought it was a bit dodgy, Christ, I could overturn a 332 majority against Tory Boy! :hug:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Thank you everyone for the reassurances regarding Stockton South, thought it was a bit dodgy, Christ, I could overturn a 332 majority against Tory Boy! :hug:
I'm with you.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

citizenJA wrote:
Spacedone wrote:

My guess would be that doing so provides a baseline from which the new result can be compared to the previous result and limits the risk of oversampling and tainting the final results with an in-built bias towards one party.

Or everything I just said there could be complete nonsense. I honestly don't know. :D
justinbessou
Backbencher

Post by justinbessou »

Evening all.

Sorry for prolonged absence; the black dog hasn't fucked off, but is on a bit of a leash.

Just asked my 82 year old mother who has lived in the UK since 1960 as a French ciizen, how she fancied being deported. She was not complementary; and then I stoked the fire by asking about fracking.....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

justinbessou wrote:Evening all.

Sorry for prolonged absence; the black dog hasn't fucked off, but is on a bit of a leash.

Just asked my 82 year old mother who has lived in the UK since 1960 as a French ciizen, how she fancied being deported. She was not complementary; and then I stoked the fire by asking about fracking.....
Hello, good to hear from you - been thinking about you. Glad the black dog is being restrained.

Yes - the involuntary repatriations - or, let's put it plainly without the euphemisms - go home you lot - really was a step too far.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
Spacedone wrote:

You'll probably find it's the old boys network and lots of back scratching.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: Given that it's hard to see how they will be able to put up a "This was a disaster for Ed" line assuming Labour don't do well tomorrow.
Ha,you would hate it.Daughter has started waking up in the night shouting and punching etc,x 3 per night.Need more sleep.
Simple,simple recipes,sound fancy because they are french.The iced fruit creams have 3 ingredients,raspberries,double cream and caster sugar.The sauce raspberries,caster sugar and the juice from a lemon.Because it is so simple it tastes gorgeous,and looks pretty too.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Hope the leash grows ever longer.

Mr Ohso has been paying taxes here non stop from 1964 to 2015. He finally stopped working in the spring. Weird to think they could/would sling him out if they felt like it.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Mike Smithson seems to have adjusted the poll and still has Wharton winning by about his existing majority.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Cabinet secretary has David Cameron ‘by the balls’, says former Tory adviser
Prime minister does nothing without Sir Jeremy Heywood’s permission, claims Dominic Cummings

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... my-heywood
Oh, I say .... The unswottable wasp is back ... as ascerbic as ever.

Empty should be rueing the day he ever allowed Gove into government and to recruit such venom splattering peeps.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

When you see all the anti-Ed bias then look at Wharton winning by about 0.7%, you can sure see why the media do it.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Sometimes keeping the little bugger on a leash is all you can do; I've tried throwing sticks, but it never seems to work. Hang on in there.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote: I'm afraid that if a tory asked me to lend him my vote I would have to tell him to fuck right off.
Ha,you would hate it.Daughter has started waking up in the night shouting and punching etc,x 3 per night.Need more sleep.
Simple,simple recipes,sound fancy because they are french.The iced fruit creams have 3 ingredients,raspberries,double cream and caster sugar.The sauce raspberries,caster sugar and the juice from a lemon.Because it is so simple it tastes gorgeous,and looks pretty too.
Oh poor you. Has her routine been upset? Hannah can't bear it if we deviate from her timetable, it throws her completely but she tends to go quiet and shuts herself in her room until she feels better.

I love raspberries. And the simple recipes are always the best.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Hiya mate - good to see you round these parts. Think of this place as being therapeutic - you can speak your mind openly about anything, not just politics (as you've probably already noticed).

As for your mum, I can only say that the French have a proud and excellent record of dealing with overprivileged inbred aristos that we could profitably learn from, as well as their 'take no shit' attitude. Ever wondered why Napoleon wanted nice wide avenues in French towns? To make it hard for barricades to be built.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: Can I come to stay ? :D
Oh poor you. Has her routine been upset? Hannah can't bear it if we deviate from her timetable, it throws her completely but she tends to go quiet and shuts herself in her room until she feels better.

Change in meds hasn't helped,her consultant(blue eyed,charming spanish and very good at his job...yikes,hope he doesn't get sent back!)thinks it's caused by epileptic brain activity during the night.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Don't know if you've seen this:

http://www.labourleft.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but if you haven't I'll guarantee you end up bookmarking it.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote: Ha,you would hate it.Daughter has started waking up in the night shouting and punching etc,x 3 per night.Need more sleep.

Change in meds hasn't helped,her consultant(blue eyed,charming spanish and very good at his job...yikes,hope he doesn't get sent back!)thinks it's caused by epileptic brain activity during the night.
Will they be able to sort it out? You can't go too long without some decent sleep.