Thursday 20th November 2014 - Rochester & Strood

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 20th November 2014 - Rochester & Strood

Post by HindleA »

"Support group(ESA)chances increased by upper tribunal decision"

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2 ... r-tribunal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

The New Era estate campaign needs signatures :

https://www.change.org/p/new-era-should ... 2BHl2n8%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Rochester by-election is certainly proving to be rather more interesting and diverse than Clacton, even if the result is likely to be the same:
Tweet.jpg
Tweet.jpg (73.75 KiB) Viewed 16877 times
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

Guardian:
The population of Rochester appears to be about 75% Ukip activists today.
It's almost as if everyone else is at work, and UKIP only appeal to pensioners and the independently wealthy, isn't it?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Angus Robertson (SNP Westminster Leader) has just called for the rollout of ESA and PIP to be halted in Scotland, pending the outcome of the process of devolution of further powers to Scotland, so that it can be fully investigated and tested to ensure that the Scottish Parliament would (or would not be) able to deliver it in the event that Social Security matters are further devolved to Scotland.

(Not verbatim, but that is roughly what he said.)

Edit to add: and he might have included UC, but will have to check Hansard later...
Last edited by LadyCentauria on Thu 20 Nov, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

The boffins at CERN have just announced the discovery of two new sub-atomic particles, both of which had been predicted to exist but never before seen.

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2 ... -particles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love science :D
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Anyone want a laugh? How about this:
In signs of an emerging strategy that could risk carrying over the controversy about his alleged meddling in politics into his kingship, sources close to the heir say he is set to continue to express concerns and ask questions about issues that matter to him, such as the future of farming and the environment, partly because he believes he has a duty to relay public opinion to those in power...

Courtiers also argue that his 40 years as heir carrying out thousands of engagements across the country and abroad mean he is uniquely well-placed to relay public opinion...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... les-allies
Personally, I can't think of anybody less well placed to be aware of public opinion than Chas and his "courtiers" (what a strange, old-fashioned word), except, perhaps, the Tories. ...But there again, one would expect him to be a Tory.
The idea of an over privileged, unelected busybody interfering at the highest level of an elected government (of any colour) seems to me to be abhorrent.
I was pretty much neutral on the issue of the monarchy. Now I'm veering towards supporting a republic.

As Paul Flynn is quoted as saying:
“If he continues to be a controversial figure on issues like complementary medicine and country sports he could precipitate a constitutional crisis if he comes up against a government which is bent on some course of action and he disagrees and refuses to sign the act of parliament."
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

A Canadian woman who took a vacation to Hawaii while six months pregnant unexpectedly went into labor. Now she and her husband are facing bankruptcy thanks to a $950,000 medical bill for services rendered. The best part about the whole thing? She didn’t even mess up and travel uninsured. She did everything she was supposed to—she bought medical insurance for the trip, got doctor approval, and she still got screwed.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/231378/ ... ign=buffer
Every UKIP and Tory voter should be made to read this.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Eric_WLothian wrote:Anyone want a laugh? How about this:
In signs of an emerging strategy that could risk carrying over the controversy about his alleged meddling in politics into his kingship, sources close to the heir say he is set to continue to express concerns and ask questions about issues that matter to him, such as the future of farming and the environment, partly because he believes he has a duty to relay public opinion to those in power...

Courtiers also argue that his 40 years as heir carrying out thousands of engagements across the country and abroad mean he is uniquely well-placed to relay public opinion...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... les-allies
Personally, I can't think of anybody less well placed to be aware of public opinion than Chas and his "courtiers" (what a strange, old-fashioned word), except, perhaps, the Tories. ...But there again, one would expect him to be a Tory.
The idea of an over privileged, unelected busybody interfering at the highest level of an elected government (of any colour) seems to me to be abhorrent.
I was pretty much neutral on the issue of the monarchy. Now I'm veering towards supporting a republic.

As Paul Flynn is quoted as saying:
“If he continues to be a controversial figure on issues like complementary medicine and country sports he could precipitate a constitutional crisis if he comes up against a government which is bent on some course of action and he disagrees and refuses to sign the act of parliament."
Or as I heard it put more succinctly: "He'd be wise to remember what happened to a previous king called Charles."
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

LadyCentauria wrote:Angus Robertson (SNP Westminster Leader) has just called for the rollout of ESA and PIP to be halted in Scotland, pending the outcome of the process of devolution of further powers to Scotland, so that it can be fully investigated and tested to ensure that the Scottish Parliament would (or would not be) able to deliver it in the event that Social Security matters are further devolved to Scotland.

The same Angus Robertson that called for the GE to be postponed "so politicians can concentrate on negotiating with Scotland if there is a vote for independence".

Surely, if social security matters are devolved, the Scottish Parliament could do what it wants with ESA and PIP - including scrapping them?
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Spacedone wrote: Or as I heard it put more succinctly: "He'd be wise to remember what happened to a previous king called Charles."
Didn't I read somewhere that he wants to use one of his other names for that very reason? (He's got plenty to choose from). :D
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Emily Thornberry MP @EmilyThornberry · 3m 3 minutes ago
Tales from #Rochester: 2 women- 1 works in a Care Home > voting UKIP."I saw EdM on itv - he talks lot of sense, but we're protesting now"

Emily Thornberry MP @EmilyThornberry · 8m 8 minutes ago
Tales from #Rochester "I'm voting Labour because I'm worried about my knees & the future of the NHS - and I hate Chris Grayling"

Emily Thornberry MP @EmilyThornberry · 9m 9 minutes ago
Tales from #Rochester: "I used to vote Tory but now UKIP- I sent that Mark Reckless 4 emails & he's never replied"
Working on the wild side.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... panic-room" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How can you charge the bedroom tax on a stalked woman’s panic room?

In court, Rebekah Carrier will continue to make the case that, when drafting the bedroom tax regulations, the government didn’t take account of the discriminatory impact on this group of women (and it is mainly women). This is the government’s legal duty under the Public Sector Equality Duty, which requires that a public authority have due regard to the need to “eliminate discrimination, harassment, [and] victimisation”. And Iain Duncan Smith, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, will continue to fight for A’s money. We must hope that he will fail in this fight. We must hope that the duty to protect women from violent partners, that the duty to save lives, will be seen as more important than saving money in the very short term.
onebuttonmonkey
Committee Chair

Post by onebuttonmonkey »

Afternoon all.

It's been a particularly dismal time politically, and I've not had the stamina to do a #bbcqt preview in a while - I can't even bring myself to watch the bloody thing. But this week, being even more bleak than normal, has prompted a particularly long-winded, angry rant about the show and its guests:

http://onebuttonmonkey.squarespace.com/ ... ngham.html
Tonight, David Dimbleby presents Question Time, the BBC’s reason-immolating squabble-cauldron, from Birmingham...
Enjoy, if that's the word...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

citizenJA wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:Not bothered about Boris, he is a US citizen and he is refusing to pay US tax on his earnings because it is unfair.

I expect him to end up in serious trouble pretty quickly.
You're correct. The US Internal Revenue Service is not an entity to toy around with. Johnson knows this & if he's still sane, he'll pay - the story is to make him look big, I think, by pretending he's not going to pay.
Of course, he could always revoke his US citizenship and passport – but would have to be seen by a US Government-appointed psychiatrist, to ensure both that he is of sound mind and is that he is not being coerced by any person or entity, before they would accept his revocation...
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

LadyCentauria wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:Not bothered about Boris, he is a US citizen and he is refusing to pay US tax on his earnings because it is unfair.

You're correct. The US Internal Revenue Service is not an entity to toy around with. Johnson knows this & if he's still sane, he'll pay - the story is to make him look big, I think, by pretending he's not going to pay.
Of course, he could always revoke his US citizenship and passport – but would have to be seen by a US Government-appointed psychiatrist, to ensure both that he is of sound mind and is that he is not being coerced by any person or entity, before they would accept his revocation...
Boris for President :wink:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Simon Danczuk retweeted
George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 11m11 minutes ago
Lib Dems set to lose their deposit for the 11th time in this parliament in Rochester tonight.
My heart bleeds for them. :dance:
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Spacedone wrote:The boffins at CERN have just announced the discovery of two new sub-atomic particles, both of which had been predicted to exist but never before seen.

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2 ... -particles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My son's currently on a Physics A Level trip to CERN . Hopefully he'll bring me one back ;)
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Fiona O'Donnell MP retweeted
Kevin Maguire ‏@Kevin_Maguire 25m25 minutes ago
Just heard the Tory spin on Rochester. It is, in brief: Labour suffer crushing defeat by losing safe Conservative seat to Ukip
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin 20h20 hours ago
Wow. This is massive. The Sun finally apologises for trying to smear Labour's Andy Burnham by using Tory NHS Lies

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B21XREZCIAAJdXF.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

ohsocynical wrote:
Wow. This is massive. The Sun finally apologises for trying to smear Labour's Andy Burnham by using Tory NHS Lies

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B21XREZCIAAJdXF.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unfortunately the smear job worked, the "fact" is referenced time after time. Thanks Jarman.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

onebuttonmonkey wrote:Afternoon all.

It's been a particularly dismal time politically, and I've not had the stamina to do a #bbcqt preview in a while - I can't even bring myself to watch the bloody thing. But this week, being even more bleak than normal, has prompted a particularly long-winded, angry rant about the show and its guests:

Tonight, David Dimbleby presents Question Time, the BBC’s reason-immolating squabble-cauldron, from Birmingham...
Well, I did. Again, the sort of insights and writing that should be available to every thinking person in the UK (so about 50% of the population then). A link to it from FTN should be tweeted fotwith - Adam? Dan?
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

ohsocynical wrote:

That's a fairly mealy-mouthed clarification, written in such a way as to allow the reader to assume that those deaths happened and it's just that nobody can confirm it.

Presumably Burnham threatened to sue them or something.
Last edited by Spacedone on Thu 20 Nov, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

MonsterRavingLoonies.jpg
MonsterRavingLoonies.jpg (44.68 KiB) Viewed 16698 times
Otto English retweeted
Jamie Ross @JamieRoss7 · 5h 5 hours ago
Just spoke to the Monster Raving Loony Party. They are genuinely confident of beating the Lib Dems today.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Spacedone wrote:The boffins at CERN have just announced the discovery of two new sub-atomic particles, both of which had been predicted to exist but never before seen.

That is brilliant! It just shows how long it can take for data to be fully analysed, though, doesn't it.
I'm really looking forward to what they'll be able to do once the current re-fit is over and the LHA is powered up again in the coming Spring.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

According to The Guardian, Gove is "absolutely 100% sure no more Tory MPs will defect to UKIP"

In that case I wonder who the next defector will be
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:Angus Robertson (SNP Westminster Leader) has just called for the rollout of ESA and PIP to be halted in Scotland, pending the outcome of the process of devolution of further powers to Scotland, so that it can be fully investigated and tested to ensure that the Scottish Parliament would (or would not be) able to deliver it in the event that Social Security matters are further devolved to Scotland.

The same Angus Robertson that called for the GE to be postponed "so politicians can concentrate on negotiating with Scotland if there is a vote for independence".

Surely, if social security matters are devolved, the Scottish Parliament could do what it wants with ESA and PIP - including scrapping them?
Yep, hence the "...(or would not be) able to deliver it..." That could only happen with full devo on social security matters, which the current Govt. do not appear to be minded to offer. And I don't know whether or not the Smith report will suggest that it should.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

For the Red Dwarf fans amongst you ....
Rachel Garrick ‏@RC_Garrick · 3h3 hours ago  Rochester, South East
#RochesterStrood @naushabahkhan is out there smoking Kippers. She'll be back for breakfast. #TogetherWeKhan (had to be said)
Couple of comments on Twitter say that the Guardian are have gone into faux outrage meltdown over a photo posted by Emily Thornberry; kicking off with the "R & S is bad news for Labour" narrative early?

EDIT - Ah, its a Staines/Cole Lynton-approved special which, obviously, any journal of repute would simply ignore ......... :smack:
Last edited by TheGrimSqueaker on Thu 20 Nov, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Emily Thornberry MP @EmilyThornberry · 3m 3 minutes ago
Tales from #Rochester: 2 women- 1 works in a Care Home > voting UKIP."I saw EdM on itv - he talks lot of sense, but we're protesting now"

Emily Thornberry MP @EmilyThornberry · 8m 8 minutes ago
Tales from #Rochester "I'm voting Labour because I'm worried about my knees & the future of the NHS - and I hate Chris Grayling"

Emily Thornberry MP @EmilyThornberry · 9m 9 minutes ago
Tales from #Rochester: "I used to vote Tory but now UKIP- I sent that Mark Reckless 4 emails & he's never replied"
That last one had me roflmaoing! Doncha just love people ;)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

LadyCentauria wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

The US IRS follow tax-owning persons to the ends of the earth & beyond to collect. Johnson can do what he wants with his citizenship. They'll get the debt they say he owes. I don't say this with animosity toward either - The IRS' remit transcends the US Military.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

mikems wrote:The New Era estate campaign needs signatures :

https://www.change.org/p/new-era-should ... 2BHl2n8%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, Mikems, for calling this to my attention.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

citizenJA wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:
citizenJA wrote:You're correct. The US Internal Revenue Service is not an entity to toy around with. Johnson knows this & if he's still sane, he'll pay - the story is to make him look big, I think, by pretending he's not going to pay.
The US IRS follow tax-owning persons to the ends of the earth & beyond to collect. Johnson can do what he wants with his citizenship. They'll get the debt they say he owes. I don't say this with animosity toward either - The IRS' remit transcends the US Military.
Absolutely. He will pay the tax he owes AND if he wishes to renounce his citizenship pay them $2500.

Nice.
Release the Guardvarks.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:For the Red Dwarf fans amongst you ....
#RochesterStrood @naushabahkhan is out there smoking Kippers. She'll be back for breakfast. #TogetherWeKhan (had to be said)
Couple of comments on Twitter say that the Guardian are have gone into faux outrage meltdown over a photo posted by Emily Thornberry; kicking off with the "R & S is bad news for Labour" narrative early?

EDIT - Ah, its a Staines/Cole Lynton-approved special which, obviously, any journal of repute would simply ignore ......... :smack:
Yes, this is the piece of shit in question: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... kip-tories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's getting increasingly ludicrous, the depths into which the paper will sink to mount yet another exercise in Ed-evisceration. The only possible conclusion to be drawn is that the Guardian actively wants a Conservative/UKIP run country in 2015. Is there no-one who will rid us of this turbulent jumped-up gobshite of an editor?
The truth ferret speaks!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Good evening.

Anyone know what time the result is due in or if there's any radio coverage overnight ?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
onebuttonmonkey wrote:Afternoon all.

Well, I did. Again, the sort of insights and writing that should be available to every thinking person in the UK (so about 50% of the population then). A link to it from FTN should be tweeted fotwith - Adam? Dan?
Attachments
OBM.png
OBM.png (28.88 KiB) Viewed 16587 times
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

mbc1955 wrote:

Yes, this is the piece of shit in question: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... kip-tories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's getting increasingly ludicrous, the depths into which the paper will sink to mount yet another exercise in Ed-evisceration. The only possible conclusion to be drawn is that the Guardian actively wants a Conservative/UKIP run country in 2015. Is there no-one who will rid us of this turbulent jumped-up gobshite of an editor?
Apparently Rowena Mason has weighed in with a second article now. Such a shame, Mason used to be a decent journo, but the Guardian has reduced her to their level of hackery. Ah well, at least we know what the strategy is for tomorrow.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

yahyah wrote:Good evening.

Anyone know what time the result is due in or if there's any radio coverage overnight ?
Claire Phipps, at the Graun, said they're expecting the result at about 3am.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

refitman wrote:

Thanks Dan.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

So. Tomorrow should be interesting :popcorn:
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
mbc1955 wrote:

Apparently Rowena Mason has weighed in with a second article now. Such a shame, Mason used to be a decent journo, but the Guardian has reduced her to their level of hackery. Ah well, at least we know what the strategy is for tomorrow.
She was decent until she was the Telegraph was forced to apologise for her attributing false statements to a Ukip candidate: http://onthewight.com/2013/08/23/daily- ... ax-quotes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:
refitman wrote:

Thanks Dan.
I heard 4am.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I was gardening and doing chores all afternoon so am still catching up...what was so terrible about what Thornberry tweeted ?

It's bizarre - all the crap about Labour and the Guardian article .....most perplexing.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:I was gardening and doing chores all afternoon so am still catching up...what was so terrible about what Thornberry tweeted ?

It's bizarre - all the crap about Labour and the Guardian article .....most perplexing.
I agree, Yahyah - I can't make sense of it. Could someone explain the Thornberry thweet, please?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

yahyah wrote:I was gardening and doing chores all afternoon so am still catching up...what was so terrible about what Thornberry tweeted ?

She posted an image of a house adorned with three English flags and with a white Transit parked outside. She has now tweeted an apology.
Emily Thornberry MP @EmilyThornberry
· 29m 29 minutes ago
I apologise for any offence caused by the 3 flag picture. People should fly the England flag with pride!
OK, granted, the picture was a little crass; even though it was posted without comment there was a bit of an implied sneer, but it certainly didn't warrant the fuss made. As I say, it sets the tone for the next 24 hours media coverage rather nicely.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

mbc1955 wrote:

Modern terrace houses with faux Grecian pillars. Poor souls. This pic is a comment on the dangers of lax planning laws under the Tories, right? No? Oh, I see. Labour snubbing nationalistic working class voters is the story here. As if typical white van man has ever been anything but a Thatcherite. It's the SNP that's hammering Labour, let's face it. If anything has been bad for Ed Miliband it's the Scottish referendum, but at least, with a new leader in Scotland there's hope of getting those voters back. I'm not so sure about Tory defectors to Ukip - that ball is seriously rolling now.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Trust Simon Danczuk to stick his oar, more a storm in an egg cup than tea.

Handily for him Mailonline were at hand to record his condemnation.

:smack:

With ''friends'' like him...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

I don't know what time the result is expected but QT Extra Time continues until 1 a.m. and is followed by Up All Night, which will include coverage of the Rochester and Strood by-election. Both on BBC R5L.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Meanwhile in the real world - the one away from Westminster and media luvvie land - women's refuge services have been cut / lost to the tune of 17% under this government. And they weren't lavish to begin with - the progress that had been made was very hard won. I heard the most depressing piece on Womens Hour this morning. We are going backwards under this lot faster than we could go forward under any government.

The kind of services for women fleeing violence and abuse some local authorities are now offering / dictating (take your pick) included 'dispersed places' - i.e. a room in hostels, hotels with no proper support on hand - and time limited refuge places - e.g. 8 weeks and you're out. One pregnant woman who went into labour in the last week of her time limited support was granted a 2 week extension as a special dispensation - and then she was out. There are, apparently, many more women who are now being forced to become homeless and live on the streets in order to escape abuse (including with their children) or having to stay with the abuser and continue being abused (including with their children).
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Don't normally make an habit of watching QT, think I will tonight, Ken Clarke and Carswell should be entertaining enough, that nincompoop from the TPA is diabolical judging by the only time I have seen her before, an appearance on Newsnight, unluckily for her she came up against James O'Brien, Evan Davis would have made her a cup of cocoa and fetched her slippers.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

I just went to the Graun to find out & was greeted with their survey so completed that instead - not that they will like what I said :lol:

In the 'tell us why you visit that other site instead of the Guardian', my comment was:
It's less patronising & it's journalists are more evenly balanced.
If I wanted to read how everything is "bad for Ed Miliband", I'd read the burblings of Dan Hodges or Isabel Hardman.
The journalism in the Guardian has seriously worsened in the last 4 years & for a left-leaning publication, I expect it to use it's resources to report on how badly the government is running the country instead of finding every reason under the sun to be a reason for your readers not to vote Labour.
The volume of trolling that is not dealt with by the moderators has greatly reduced the time I spend on the site & the comments I make on the site.
I know of several ex-readers who share my opinion but the Editor doesn't seem to care how many of us leave his site now that Ukip & the Conservative party have invaded & it saddens me to predict that your paper will advocate voting for a minor party again in the hope of keeping Labour out of power in favour of the Cons.
I never did find out what the tweet was all about :lol: