Thursday 18th November 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 18th November 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 18th November 2021

Post by frog222 »

Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

So much for still being PM in 2060. Even 2022 is starting to look a bit doubtful.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Oh, he will make it into next year given its only weeks away. Beyond that it really is up for grabs.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see Jordan Peterson is on QT tonight. They better not be serving cider in the green room.

For those fortunate enough not to know much about him Peterson claimed a couple of years ago that drinking a glass of cider caused him to have feelings of terror and impending doom for a month. This caused some understandable consternation amongst his cult of cosplay Spartans, after all freaking out for a month after a cider hardly matched the image he'd so carefully constructed of a rugged individualist immune to all of fate's slings and arrows. It's difficult to belittle others as snowflakes when your messiah can't take his drink.

At the time others pointed out his symptoms sounded exactly like Benzodiazepine withdrawal, but to his acolytes this would have meant their great white hero was being treated for anxiety and such weakness couldn't possibly be countenanced so they went along with his, 'I had a drink and it freaked me out for a month' story despite it being patently absurd.

Now we know that he actually was addicted to benzos (clonazepam to be precise) and that he went to Russia last year and had himself put in a medically induced coma for a week in some bizarre attempt to beat his addiction. Yet there are still die-hard members of his cult who will swear that they too have experienced long term psychiatric damage after being exposed to fermented apples.

Now I'm not mocking him for his drug addiction, which is no doubt absolutely horrible, but for his ludicrous attempts to cover it up because it would damage his brand and the hilarious gullibility of his 'free thinking' followers who lapped up his excuses in their droves.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

It is an almost universal rule that anybody who actually styles themselves as a "free thinker" is anything but.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I watched the Northern Mayor's joint press conference on Johnson's latest betrayal.

Tracy Brabin was genuinely furious. As a consolation prize Leeds was supposed to be offered £200 million to finally build a tram system, but as she was taking part in the conference it became clear only half of that would be available for trams while the other half was going to be spent investigating whether the line to Sheffield could be joined to HS2 in the future. Her rage was a glorious thing to behold.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Evening.

Busy old week so far - lots of school stuff and slightly extended hours in my local library today.

Well, everyone knows there never was 40 new hospitals but they kept saying it...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I accidentaly fell down the rabbit hole of a Tory twitter thread about getting rid of Johnson this afternoon. They really are mightily pissed off with him which was gratifying enough, but the cherry on top was who seemed the most popular choice to replace him. It was Liz Truss.

At first I thought they were joking but it didn't take long to realise the Liz Truss love in was entirely earnest, they genuinely think she's the bee's knees. Apparently she embodies 'true conservative values', whatever the hell they are. I've been noticing her name popping up in comments about replacing him on the Mail as well.

Personally I hope Johnson hangs on until the next GE, I reckon the last couple of weeks have damaged him irrevocably, but if they do oust him please let him be replaced by someone who would lose a game of noughts and crosses to a spider never mind a general election.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Looking forward to the QT Report tomorrow !

No telly plus up early for bloods! :-)
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Hear hear.

The prospect of Johnson being replaced by Sunak is quite scary, but Liz Truss? Bring it on.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I was more worried about Sunak a year ago, quite a bit of the gloss has come off him and his poll ratings reflect that.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh dear Jordan, read the room. I doubt he'll be putting this on Youtube.

I doubt he foresaw getting his arse repeatedly handed to him by a junior SNP MP who filled in at the last minute.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

The inevitability of a man who wants to save statues no matter what the subject being the kind of "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" right wing shouty type railing against primary school kids...

Some of the retweets are glorious - "Why are we allowing dumb students to make decisions about what buildings are called?" :D

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 18 Nov, 2021 11:31 pm Oh dear Jordan, read the room. I doubt he'll be putting this on Youtube.

I doubt he foresaw getting his arse repeatedly handed to him by a junior SNP MP who filled in at the last minute.
Still far from obvious why he was invited on in the first place.....
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And so it continues, this time in true blue Beckenham, Johnson's government appearing to be about as popular as a dose of the clap.

Tonight they sent out 'Mims' Davies who spent most of the evening with what the Scots like to call a 'torn face'. Her frantic, desperate efforts to spin Johnson's lies into gold were so preposterous that once again we saw Fiona Bruce pointing out that the audience was laughing at her. An audience in a safe Tory seat. She managed to get zero applause for the entire hour. If anyone was wondering if a shift has occured then tonight couldn't have made it more clear. Besides a couple of grumblings about immigrants and France the Tories in the audience sat on their hands and this has been going on for weeks. Our fat arsed lying sack of shit of a Prime Minister is doomed.

As for Jordan Peterson, the lesson he should take from tonight is, if you don't know what you're talking about and hope to try to cover up that fact with pseudo-intellectual verbal diarrhea, make sure there isn't a Scotsman on the panel who'll call out your bullshit and make you look like a pretentious prick with a few pithy words. Also don't pick fights with an audience that clearly think you're a dick.

That Scotsman was Stephen Flynn, who I'm going to admit I'd never heard of before but if I met him in a pub tonight I'd buy him a drink or five because he turned up in Beckenham tonight as a replacement at the last minute and absolutely stole the show. He was clearly up for having a go at Peterson and Mims and kicked their arses with what I suspect even he thought was surprising ease.

Which isn't to say Stella Creasy wasn't also good, I've not seen her in ages and have a lot of time for her and tonight she was excellent, especially in her dismantling of Patels abhorrent immigration antics.

Finally we had Azir Azfal who was his usual splendid self.

Since lockdown ended and Question Time has had a live audience again it's been all over the country but tonight it was in the safest Tory seat so far. I was curious to see if the trend we've seen up to this point would continue of Conservatives keeping deathly quiet. It did.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Fri 19 Nov, 2021 12:24 am Still far from obvious why he was invited on in the first place.....
Fiona Bruce introduced him as a 'philosopher' which is a weird way of describing a grifter who makes millions selling self help books to incels.

Especially when they find that after reading them they're even less successful with the ladies.

I would hope at least some of the poor deluded fools in his cult see the absolute state of his performance this evening. He came across like he always does as a ill-tempered weirdo who thinks he's a tortured genius. It may make him millions in the U.S but tonight in Southern Tory England they clearly thought he was a dick.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Thu 18 Nov, 2021 10:39 pm Looking forward to the QT Report tomorrow !

No telly plus up early for bloods! :-)
Fucking vampires.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister