Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st November 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st November 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st November 2021

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon, all.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Downing Street denies plan for libel action against The New European

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/the-new- ... s-johnson/

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oops looks like I'm late to the Remorsegate party.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 20 Nov, 2021 1:42 pm Downing Street denies plan for libel action against The New European

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/the-new- ... s-johnson/

Alcohol was consumed in the run up to this fiasco, I have little doubt about that.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I've only gone and looked at pictures of West Highland Terrier puppies.
Very unwise.
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Sat 20 Nov, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I think it's a bit unfair to impugn the good name of alcohol. :)

Whether it was consumed or not this kind of bluff and bluster is their typical modus operandi. It worked with the BBC when they got Maitlis slapped down for telling the truth about Cummings and who knows what other inconvenient stories they've bullied out of existence.

What it does show is an increasingly confident media and Johnson's waning power. Admittedly the New European has never been shy of criticising him, but the wider media were wary when they thought he had public support and now that's gone there's been a palpable change of attitude.

Whether it be editors laughing at his threats, or audiences laughing at his MPs while stony faced Tories sit in silence I think Johnson's bubble has well and truly burst.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Sat 20 Nov, 2021 2:37 pm For example:

https://www.101dogbreeds.com/wp-content ... -Puppy.jpg
Aaaaww.

I wonder if it's available to manage Manchester United.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

If you believe some accounts, SAF persuaded the Glazers not to sack OGS after the Liverpool game.

Ole could turn it around just as he had many moons ago, he assured them.

Wonder if he still thinks that now?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I can't remember United even at their worst under SAF getting thrashed like that. Watford should have scored about 10.

Regardless of what Ferguson thinks there is no sane reason Solskjaer should still be in that job by the end of this evening.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh dear...how on earth could anyone think that was a library?

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Someone really needs to photoshop Stephen Flynn from the SNP sticking his head into that picture saying, 'No it isn't'.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As you can see my photo editing skills are somewhat lacking.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And it's just occured to me there should be a comma after the no. Ah well, I tried.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

OGS sacked, will be formally announced tomorrow.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Finally.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Well this will be fun seeing Daubney fall flat on his face...and I see from further down that the Reform Party are running a candidate as well - so much for the grand alliance that some wanted.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

@ Sky
What it does show is an increasingly confident media and Johnson's waning power. Admittedly the New European has never been shy of criticising him, but the wider media were wary when they thought he had public support and now that's gone there's been a palpable change of attitude.
Whether it be editors laughing at his threats, or audiences laughing at his MPs while stony faced Tories sit in silence I think Johnson's bubble has well and truly burst.
Here's hoping, but I will never forget how many enthusiastically joined the herd in accepting the line that JC was /is antisemitic. If they can do that they can do anything . A tiny minority such as Peter Oborne stuck to their guns as rational thinkers, and many other just laid low and remained silent, afraid to speak out .
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Who's their scriptwriter? Whoever it is, they're a comedy genius.The jokes get funnier and funnier.
Treasury minister Lucy Frazer accused of conflict of interest over husband’s firm

Boris Johnson faces calls for an inquiry into treasury minister Lucy Frazer and claims of an “untenable” potential conflict of interest involving a £15bn government contract with a firm headed by her husband.

It emerged last year the firm had supplied six workers to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) or the government-owned Revenue and Customs Digital Technology Services Ltd who were on tax avoidance schemes known as disguised remuneration. These schemes typically involve a loan that is unlikely to ever be repaid and avoids income tax and insurance. (Observer)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... bands-firm
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

A chilling catastrophe punctuated my week
David Mitchell

Hard on the heels of the terrible news that the apostrophe is in decline, my wine fridge packed up (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ed-my-week
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

RogerOThornhill wrote: Sun 21 Nov, 2021 9:18 am Well this will be fun seeing Daubney fall flat on his face...and I see from further down that the Reform Party are running a candidate as well - so much for the grand alliance that some wanted.

Reform, and continuity UKIP, and the Heritage Party, and the Freedom Alliance.

Will they save their "collective deposit" between them?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... aring-thin
Translating this to the choice not to take the vaccine, however, I find my patience wearing thin. I think this is for a number of reasons. Even if you are not worried about your own risk from Covid, you cannot know the risk of the people into whose faces you may cough; there is a dangerous and selfish element to this that I find hard to stomach.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky 1.59 the photo

You wouldn't see one class above kindergarten age in France without masks all round .

My grandchildren have survived well over a year of it .
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Indeed Frog, I was with my brother last weekend who teaches 12-16 year olds and he was saying his classes are half empty and when kids do return after being infected they're often still clearly ill for weeks at a time while some have never come back to school. It's absolutely sickening that our government is infecting children with a novel virus intentionally with the help of a few tame health officials with barely a murmur from the mainstream press.

What's also absurd is Ofsted are still inspecting schools as if they are operating under normal conditions which means teachers are getting crap if they refuse to pretend everything's fine. My brother was marked down by an Ofsted inspector recently for allowing an obviously sick kid a couple of extra minutes to take her coat off and get prepared for the lesson, then when he complained about it he was told by his headmaster that his comments were 'unhelpful'.

So it's not just a matter of ignoring the virus itself, teachers are also being forced to ignore its effects.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky
Many teachers have been complicit, some I suppose because they actually themselves believe in the herd immunity crap that a bit of sickness is acceptable (cough), others because they are so morally weak they just won't stand up to 'authority'. Of course some are running scared, of losing their jobs with mortgages to pay etc .

We have much less Ofstedery here, in fact daughter & SIL have been 'inspected' IIRC three times, and since they showed more than satisfactory are being left alone for the rest of their careers .

There really ought to be a reckoning for HT's who enforce those ghastly school assemplies, 'attendance officers' who threaten parents, and whoever is just above them in the line of command. Going right up to the top of course, but these individuals lower down are complicit . Full stop.

Full marks to Deepti and the others such as this Ma

Great thread, trying for an unroll.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Sun 21 Nov, 2021 5:46 pm Of course some are running scared of losing their jobs with mortgages to pay.
This.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Dan Sohege has been tweeting about the HO's inhumanity.

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

If the right wing press stopped uncritically hyping her half baked schemes, that would go a long way to solving the problem.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I have it on good authority that Patel's latest plan is to glue fur onto immigrants and send them back to Nepal as Yetis.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Apropos of nothing I absolutely love this ISS image.

So much information to ponder in just one picture.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Sun 21 Nov, 2021 1:07 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... aring-thin
Translating this to the choice not to take the vaccine, however, I find my patience wearing thin. I think this is for a number of reasons. Even if you are not worried about your own risk from Covid, you cannot know the risk of the people into whose faces you may cough; there is a dangerous and selfish element to this that I find hard to stomach.
The early propaganda pushed by the government that Covid is a mild illness in most people was very effective and has contributed hugely to the perception among some people that any measures against it are an overreaction. Ultimately, victim blaming and placing responsibility on individuals is exactly what the government wants, when really it's on them to ensure other measures are in place to keep cases low until the more reluctant of the public can be persuaded to get the vaccine. Especially when there are some people with underlying conditions who can't be protected by vaccines alone who need low circulation to be safe. The way in which people with "underlying conditions" (type 1 diabetes, autoimmune diseases and other chronic conditions) have been dismissed as somehow not mattering or trying to protect has been one of the most upsetting and depressing aspects of the handling of the pandemic in this country.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well said Willow.

And the tragic thing is this has been done with the connivance of senior health officials more concerned about their own career progression than public health. Cough Jenny Harries cough.

A guy living on the floor above me has covid at the moment, he's in his Sixties, he's been doubled jabbed and he's feeling absolutely bloody awful. Everyone else in the house is hunkering down and hiding. There's no chatting in the corridors, no knocking on anyone's door for some milk or sugar. Nobody here wants to fucking catch it. Yet when I went to Tesco today I reckon besides myself there were only a couple of other people wearing masks. It's like trying to live in two conflicting realities at the same time.

In one millions of kids are being infected on purpose by our government and health officials with a disease they don't yet understand as a quick fix (they hope) while those adults with 'underlying conditions' are fed to the dogs.

In the other everything's fine and we should all just get on with our lives and ignore the death and illness happening around us as if it was normal.

Alarmingly most people seem perfectly happy in the latter universe.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

But it *is* a mild illness in most - MOST - vaccinated people. That is simply the facts.

Even now, people hospitalised by it (or worse) are massively disproportionately not fully jabbed.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Most kids are unvaccinated. A friend of mine caught it from his daughters who brought it home from school, he felt like shit for a week but his eldest who is twelve is still suffering from headaches and exhaustion nearly two months later.

How many times must this be said, this is a novel virus, as a species we have never encountered it before, assumptions can be made based on previous related viruses but that's all they are, assumptions.

I don't know about you AK but over the last couple of months I've known quite a few people who've caught Covid and the last thing they'd say about it was that is it was 'mild'. Fair enough they're still alive but one was impotent for weeks another can't smell or taste anything properly, even vaccinated this is fucking people up in ways we've never seen before.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I might have had it at the turn of Aug/Sept - took two tests which were both negative but I don't fully trust them.

Felt pretty crap, but have had worse.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 22 Nov, 2021 12:24 am I might have had it at the turn of Aug/Sept - took two tests which were both negative but I don't fully trust them.

Felt pretty crap, but have had worse.
Your suspicions may well be may be correct, have you seen all the studies showing decreased neural capacity, in effect how a dose of Covid makes you 10% more stupid?

:D
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor
Prime Minister