Tuesday, 25th January 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Tuesday, 25th January 2022

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday, 25th January 2022

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

So the Met *are* going to investigate these "parties", but that could drag on for months.

He's still going to be there for the May elections, isn't he?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

And meanwhile, Sue Gray's report is delayed.
In the Commons two weeks ago Michael Ellis, a Cabinet Office minister, told MPs that if there was a police investigation, the Gray report might be shelved until the police inquiry had concluded. “If evidence emerges of what was a potentially criminal offence the matter would be referred to the Metropolitan police and the Cabinet Office’s work may be paused,” he said.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

So what's the plan - just hope people get bored and the story goes away? I can see a few possible flaws with that one.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Understatement of the year from Lewis Goodall. Anyone have at their finger tips the number of previous examples?

A police investigation into Downing St is never helpful to a prime minister
Last edited by gilsey on Tue 25 Jan, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I can remember the fuss when Blair was interviewed by the Met (not even "under caution") in 2007.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

If I ever meet whoever did this several pints are coming their way.

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Johnson still does not think he broke the law
Which is exactly why we are where we are.
It's quite clear now that it didn't even cross the minds of most in No 10 and the CO that the pandemic rules applied to them.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Dougal!
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

'surprise'
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

You've got to love Tory MPs standing up in the Commons claiming that criticising Johnson is playing into Putin's hands.

This would be the Tory party that was found by an Intelligence and Security Committee report to have turned a blind eye to Russian intereference in the Brexit referendum while accepting £2 million in Russian money since Johnson became Prime Minister.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

John has omitted to include a more important piece of advice which is that under no circumstances should anyone ever listen to the advice of John McTernan.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Exceptions to every rule, of course......

I see that Sunak has been dragged into the birthday thing, most excellent.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Happy Burns Night all. Just about to tuck into some Tesco haggis.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

@Sky with accompaniment I trust :-)
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

It's what Boris Johnson has not been doing that's the real problem, rather than what he has. Not doing the following is almost certainly what he has been supported into power to not do:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/ja ... e-economic
Pressure grows on UK to beef up measures to tackle economic crime
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

The last thing we need is Johnson free to focus on Ukraine, it'll be WW3 in no time.

I understand the Defence Sec Ben Wallace is, let's say, more intelligent than his boss, so let him get on with it.

'Thick Lizzie' :D
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Willow904 wrote: Tue 25 Jan, 2022 8:37 pm It's what Boris Johnson has not been doing that's the real problem, rather than what he has. Not doing the following is almost certainly what he has been supported into power to not do:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/ja ... e-economic
Pressure grows on UK to beef up measures to tackle economic crime

Not going to happen under this govt, sadly, as you say.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I don't want to get in trouble again but that tweet looks like Jenny Jones said something completely harmless about her own personal experience and Owen Jones, instead of offering any polite or reasonable response, has taken needless offence and overreacted for performative effect. It's this kind of bullshit that makes gender politics so depressingly toxic.

Still, at least now I know that if I ever meet Owen I'll steer clear of telling him about how I felt as a teenager in case he goes apeshit and starts screaming about homosexuality and repressive laws while attacking me with a golf club.

Maybe if everyone just calmed the fuck down and tried to be civil instead of these perpetual Twitter pile ons and childish attempts at one upmanship then perhaps some kind of understanding could be reached. Because this kind of shit helps absolutely nobody.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Tue 25 Jan, 2022 8:28 pm @Sky with accompaniment I trust :-)
Mash with roast garlic and half a stick of butter, pickled beetroot and a lovely bottle of Claret. No whisky, vile stuff.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 25 Jan, 2022 10:34 pm I don't want to get in trouble again but that tweet looks like Jenny Jones said something completely harmless about her own personal experience and Owen Jones, instead of offering any polite or reasonable response, has taken needless offence and overreacted for performative effect. It's this kind of bullshit that makes gender politics so depressingly toxic.

Still, at least now I know that if I ever meet Owen I'll steer clear of telling him about how I felt as a teenager in case he goes apeshit and starts screaming about homosexuality and repressive laws while attacking me with a golf club.

Maybe if everyone just calmed the fuck down and tried to be civil instead of these perpetual Twitter pile ons and childish attempts at one upmanship then perhaps some kind of understanding could be reached. Because this kind of shit helps absolutely nobody.
Jenny was quote tweeting a Scottish anti-trans group and appears to be saying that push-back against them is the "hate" that is winning.

Growing up as a straight, cis woman, she might have been able to just vibe, but she is using it as a defence about the ongoing inequality against LGBTQIA people.

Incidentally, she recently spoke generally in favour of* an amendment to the crime and justice bill that would place trans women in male prisons. That might explain people's objection to her words.

*Amended for accuracy
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Tue 25 Jan, 2022 11:10 pm Jenny was quote tweeting a Scottish anti-trans group and appears to be saying that push-back against them is the "hate" that is winning.

Growing up as a straight, cis woman, she might have been able to just vibe, but she is using it as a defence about the ongoing inequality against LGBTQIA people.

Incidentally, she recently voted for an amendment to the crime and justice bill that would place trans women in male prisons. That might explain people's objection to her words.
Hate is winning. When you have an arsehole like Owen Jones mobilising a twitter mob against someone merely recollecting the thoughts of her youth what else would you call it? That tweet was fucking horrible.

Placing trans women in male prisons I agree is barbaric but all I can find is Jenny Jones joining protests against the entire Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts bill. You'll have to give me a link to the ammendment she voted for.

It didn't look like she was doing anything other than offering a brief comment on her own experience as a teenager in the Sixties when because of the pill women were able to live a life they'd never been able to live for the previous 200,000 years.