Wednesday 26th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Re: Wednesday 26th November 2014

Post by mbc1955 »

AngryAsWell wrote:In contrast to the BTL comments on the LL article about #cameronmust go the BLT comments about the same topic in the Telegraph really surprised me :o
CameronMustGo: How worried should David Cameron be about Twitter bullies?
A Twitter hashtag, #CameronMustGo, has been trending for five days on the site with more than 300,000 interactions around it. Radhika Sanghani shines a light on the campaign's sinister side

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... on-be.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What else do we expect? Not only is this a mainstream newspaper reacting to a phenomenon that exists independently of their dictate as to what we shall or shall not read or think, this is a virulently right-wing organisation reacting to a left-oriented theme. Of course it will be dismissed as unimportant, a freak, a flash-in-the-pan, a left-wing conspiracy not reflecting real people's opinions. It's not our job to have opinions that have not been prescribed for us by the Telegraph.

Revealing too that the Torygraph seems to be of the opinion that anyone who takes the remotest active opinion in politics is an activist and that real people are those who just sit there having their opinions spoon fed to them by proper journalists...
The truth ferret speaks!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Rachel Reeves: Tory MPs apologised to me over "incredibly rude" Duncan Smith
Shadow work and pensions secretary says Conservative MPs apologised to her over Duncan Smith's claim that she had not bothered to vote
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... ncan-smith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AngryAsWell wrote:Rachel Reeves: Tory MPs apologised to me over "incredibly rude" Duncan Smith
Shadow work and pensions secretary says Conservative MPs apologised to her over Duncan Smith's claim that she had not bothered to vote
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... ncan-smith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reeves isn't very popular here but she's doing something right, for IDS to be rude to her.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AngryAsWell wrote:In contrast to the BTL comments on the LL article about #cameronmust go the BLT comments about the same topic in the Telegraph really surprised me :o
A Twitter hashtag, #CameronMustGo, has been trending for five days on the site with more than 300,000 interactions around it. Radhika Sanghani shines a light on the campaign's sinister side

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... on-be.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amazing isn't it?
Strange days when I find myself recommending comments btl in the Telegraph.
Last edited by gilsey on Wed 26 Nov, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

mbc1955 wrote:

What else do we expect? Not only is this a mainstream newspaper reacting to a phenomenon that exists independently of their dictate as to what we shall or shall not read or think, this is a virulently right-wing organisation reacting to a left-oriented theme. Of course it will be dismissed as unimportant, a freak, a flash-in-the-pan, a left-wing conspiracy not reflecting real people's opinions. It's not our job to have opinions that have not been prescribed for us by the Telegraph.

Revealing too that the Torygraph seems to be of the opinion that anyone who takes the remotest active opinion in politics is an activist and that real people are those who just sit there having their opinions spoon fed to them by proper journalists...
Well - reads like a concerted attempt to dismiss this Twitter trending as anything of consequence ... they must be worried. I think their commentators are making some rather facile assumptions in their 'analysis' - apparently it's not that worrying for the Tories because the majority of people on Twitter are young ... hang on, that's not what I'm necessarily seeing reflected on the thread - or from FTNers (let's be honest we probably don't average out as young uns, do we) ... and the two twitterers with big followings they cite are Brian May and John Prescott - hardly youth culture icons. And they say that it's only political activists tweeting. They might want to consider that for every person tweeting ... there may well be two more who aren't tweeting but feel exactly the same anger.
Working on the wild side.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Re George Osborne.He appeared in a dream I had recently where he was at the dispatch box dressed in a high visibility jacket and a hardhat,perhaps it was a premonition.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 26 Nov, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

mikems wrote:The BBC's 'expert' talking predictable bilge...
So could this be the beginning of a new phase of British 'hashtag politics'? No, according to Andrew Walker, co-founder of social media analytics company, Tweetminster. "I give it two weeks," he tells BBC Trending.
So the aim is to keep the hashtag at the top forever? Only to the 'expert'.
Was it Rory CJ asking the questions? 'Cause from experience, I don't think he knows his Android tablet from his SCSI II port.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Just had two teeth extracted side by side. Bloody hell. I have extra long thick roots, the dentist is a tiny little thing, and I thought she was going to pull my head off.
Due of the length of the roots, they have to cut the tops off to install crowns, so I elected to have them pulled. I am so brave!
Poor you.I hate the dentist and only go when there is absolutely no alternative.
To cheer yourself up look at #Osbornemustbeurinetested
Haven't got the feeling back yet and I took two painkillers to get me started, but already the teeth that are left are screaming in sympathy and one got chipped by the feel of it.
I keep my eyes tightly shut normally, but she kept stopping and asking the nurse for different things and when I did finally peek she was wielding a huge pair of pliers. :lol:
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:Re George Osborne.He appeared in a dream I had recently where he was at the dispatch box dressed in a high visability jacket and a hardhat,perhaps it was a premonition.
What a stupid, stupid man if he's got himself hooked on that stuff. And if he is, no wonder he's so bloody bad at the economy. It makes you reckless. Cameron should get rid.

And I doubt he's alone. What an indictment.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

No, according to Andrew Walker, co-founder of social media analytics company, Tweetminster. "I give it two weeks," he tells BBC Trending.
Ahh, tweetminster. Criticising a hashtag when the official tweetminster a/c hasn't tweeted since Jul 30th ? Riiiight.....

https://twitter.com/tweetminster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Joshua Rozenberg
‏@JoshuaRozenberg
Mitting J will deliver the Mitchell (Plebgate) judgment tomorrow at 1400. Read-out, not hand-down, so the result won’t be known immediately.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Wayne David MP ‏@WayneDavidMP 23m23 minutes ago
Just expressed my anger that Lansbury Park, Caerphilly has been ranked "most deprived" ward in Wales. Secretary of State for Wales laughed.
What is it about these Tories that deprivation and suffering makes them laugh ...? I'd like to think it's an embarrassment response ... or hysteria ... but their form says otherwise.

That's my bloody MP that laughed. I must redouble my efforts on the doorsteps.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Martin Rowson @MartinRowson · 2h 2 hours ago
@DPJHodges @aljwhite Come on, Dan, get frothy about #OsborneMustBeUrineTested hashtag - it'll be the perfect Twitter storm & cheer us all up

Martin Rowson @MartinRowson · 1h 1 hour ago
Still nothing from @DPJHodges about #OsborneMustBeUrineTested - what a big girl's blouse!
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Alex Andreou has just started tweeting #Osbornemustbeurinetested.

Get trending folks!
That came from Martin Rowson.

I've been Tweeting away but I don't have many followers.

Osborne looked ill or strung out today. Whichever it is, he should not have been there.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

HindleA wrote:Re George Osborne.He appeared in a dream I had recently where he was at the dispatch box dressed in a high visability jacket and a hardhat,perhaps it was a premonition.

Sounds more like a nightmare than a dream.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Huw Irranca-Davies retweeted
JamesLyons ‏@_James_Lyons_ 10m10 minutes ago
Labour have eight point lead in marginalss says ComRes poll for ITV News. Lab 39% (-2), Con 31% (+1), Lib Dems 7% (+1), UKIP 18% (+1)
:?: More on this anyone?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Bryant retweeted
Paul Smith Bristol ‏@bristolpaul 55s55 seconds ago
Latest news from the key Lab-Con marginals: 8 point Labour lead over the Conservatives. New poll for @itvnews
Looks like it's for real. :D
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Labour have eight point lead in marginalss says ComRes poll for ITV News. Lab 39% (-2), Con 31% (+1), Lib Dems 7% (+1), UKIP 18% (+1)

National polls have their place, obviously, but the marginals are the ones that bring home the bacon, or if you're a veggie, like me, the quorn.. There'll be individual scraps all the country that national polls won't pick up.. 2 point lead nationally, up to 8 in the marginals, I'll take that any day of the week.

The media can choke on that poll, with any luck..
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Bryant @ChrisBryantMP · 53s 54 seconds ago
I spent more time campaigning against @MarkReckless than most but booing him in the Commons shows disrespect to the voters.
Agree with that.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

It's amazing isn't it. The right wing media and press run hysterical campaigns about Ed that are plain and simply nasty, but we can't voice how disgusted we are with our PM. And the dozens of different reasons given on the #CameronMustGo campaign aren't made up.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

ohsocynical wrote:
HindleA wrote:Re George Osborne.He appeared in a dream I had recently where he was at the dispatch box dressed in a high visibility jacket and a hardhat,perhaps it was a premonition.
What a stupid, stupid man if he's got himself hooked on that stuff. And if he is, no wonder he's so bloody bad at the economy. It makes you reckless. Cameron should get rid.

And I doubt he's alone. What an indictment.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Alex Andreou has just started tweeting #Osbornemustbeurinetested.

Get trending folks!
That came from Martin Rowson.

I've been Tweeting away but I don't have many followers.

Osborne looked ill or strung out today. Whichever it is, he should not have been there.
Well I'm hoping that he's looking at a career in tatters and no future in politics.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

citizenJA wrote:Image

George Osborne just prior assimilation.
Jesus, I wouldn't pay £150 a roll for that wallpaper
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
mbc1955 wrote:

Well - reads like a concerted attempt to dismiss this Twitter trending as anything of consequence ... they must be worried. I think their commentators are making some rather facile assumptions in their 'analysis' - apparently it's not that worrying for the Tories because the majority of people on Twitter are young ... hang on, that's not what I'm necessarily seeing reflected on the thread - or from FTNers (let's be honest we probably don't average out as young uns, do we) ... and the two twitterers with big followings they cite are Brian May and John Prescott - hardly youth culture icons. And they say that it's only political activists tweeting. They might want to consider that for every person tweeting ... there may well be two more who aren't tweeting but feel exactly the same anger.
And it's also worth remembering that many ordinary (ie, only famous in their families!) people tweeting the hashtag #CameronMustGo will be followed (in the Twitter sense) by others, and in some cases those tweeters may boast many, many of them, who, in turn, see it and may retweet. They may well have followers, etc, etc.

Yes, many Twitter users are younger, but that's a good thing to me as the stale old farts running the Wail and Torygraph don't have any purchase on them, and they use the internet and social media to get their news and opinions.

All in all, a very healthy state of affairs.

I can see why the newspapers and established news outlets hate it quite as much as they do.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

HindleA wrote:Re George Osborne.He appeared in a dream I had recently where he was at the dispatch box dressed in a high visibility jacket and a hardhat,perhaps it was a premonition.
If you'd said 'rubber suit and handcuffs', I'd have found it more plausible.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

A comment on UK Polling Report I found interesting in the light of the discussion here about Labour's plans for under 25s re replacing JSA with an allowance to support training or the compulsory job guarantee.
COLIN
The IPPR says that after one year these %s of students are still jobless :-
28% of post GCSE school leavers .
15 % of graduates .
5% of trained Apprentices.
Go figure !
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
Was it Osborne that Rowson used to draw wearing a gimp?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

danesclose wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Image

George Osborne just prior assimilation.
Jesus, I wouldn't pay £150 a roll for that wallpaper
Oh no!I bought a house 21 years ago which had that very paper in pale blue with gold stars in the dining room,up to the dado rail,and it looked fantastic.Everything else was white.Then my son,who was 1,scribbled all over it with a biro and it was ruined.

Edited to add;mixing stars,florals,stripes and whatever the pattern on the rug is does result in a bit of a mess though.What were they thinking?
Last edited by Rebecca on Wed 26 Nov, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
mbc1955 wrote: What else do we expect? Not only is this a mainstream newspaper reacting to a phenomenon that exists independently of their dictate as to what we shall or shall not read or think, this is a virulently right-wing organisation reacting to a left-oriented theme. Of course it will be dismissed as unimportant, a freak, a flash-in-the-pan, a left-wing conspiracy not reflecting real people's opinions. It's not our job to have opinions that have not been prescribed for us by the Telegraph.

And it's also worth remembering that many ordinary (ie, only famous in their families!) people tweeting the hashtag #CameronMustGo will be followed (in the Twitter sense) by others, and in some cases those tweeters may boast many, many of them, who, in turn, see it and may retweet. They may well have followers, etc, etc.

Yes, many Twitter users are younger, but that's a good thing to me as the stale old farts running the Wail and Torygraph don't have any purchase on them, and they use the internet and social media to get their news and opinions.

I can see why the newspapers and established news outlets hate it quite as much as they do.
Well,if Edmustgo was trending the media would be more than happy.Sadly for them #WebackEd instead.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Here you go:

http://comres.co.uk/poll/1329/itv-news- ... r-2014.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
Was it Osborne that Rowson used to draw wearing a gimp?
No, it's Steve Bell who does that all the time. Rowson is Eton bags and the vertical smirk.
The truth ferret speaks!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Ok, am being tetchy no doubt...but when Thornberry tweeted a pic the media were all over it, everyone and their aunty was writing about it, the BBC splashed it, Nick Robinson opined on it within hours.

Our Chancellor turns up in Parliament looking like he's drugged up to the eye balls, or suffering some serious health event and no one in the media has asked for him/Tory press office for comment/explanation ?

If it had been Ed Balls the media would be ballistic about it by now.
'Labour not fit to govern' etc. etc.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Ok, am being tetchy no doubt...but when Thornberry tweeted a pic the media were all over it, everyone and their aunty was writing about it, the BBC splashed it, Nick Robinson opined on it within hours.

Our Chancellor turns up in Parliament looking like he's drugged up to the eye balls, or suffering some serious health event and no one in the media has asked for him/Tory press office for comment/explanation ?

I've had no experience with drugs of any kind so can't say one way or the other, but something's the matter with him.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
mbc1955 wrote: What else do we expect? Not only is this a mainstream newspaper reacting to a phenomenon that exists independently of their dictate as to what we shall or shall not read or think, this is a virulently right-wing organisation reacting to a left-oriented theme. Of course it will be dismissed as unimportant, a freak, a flash-in-the-pan, a left-wing conspiracy not reflecting real people's opinions. It's not our job to have opinions that have not been prescribed for us by the Telegraph.

Twitter, social media and all the other forms of contact is the way to go. We must get the young on board.

I reckon if voting from a home computer is ever perfected and introduced some of our politicians would get a very nasty shock.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Isabel Hardman @IsabelHardman · 2h 2 hours ago
Some Tory MPs on the europhile side of party being told PM isn’t seeing anyone in run-up to immigration speech http://specc.ie/1zY6SPa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: I've got an image of Cameron as diva - in his dressing room, undergoing the longest make up session ever, people running around to satisfy every whim, nothing allowed to interrupt his deep focus and concentration ... Nah, that's just one of Empty's fantasies.

This speech had better be something special after all this build up.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

ohsocynical wrote:
yahyah wrote:Ok, am being tetchy no doubt...but when Thornberry tweeted a pic the media were all over it, everyone and their aunty was writing about it, the BBC splashed it, Nick Robinson opined on it within hours.

I've had no experience with drugs of any kind so can't say one way or the other, but something's the matter with him.
Neither have I, really, apart from a bit of speed and magic mushroom, one gave me palpitations, the other made me sick, I quickly discovered, when I was young and daft that alcohol was enough for me, but as a former licensee I have seen enough to know when someone is coked up to their eyeballs.

Osborne displayed the signs today, licking of the lips, slouched, inability to look anyone straight in the face.. All pure conjecture of course, he could have been perfectly innocent, or maybe, he was just tired?

Yahyah is spot on, if Balls turned up like that he would be crucified by now.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Well - reads like a concerted attempt to dismiss this Twitter trending as anything of consequence ....
That Telegraph piece reads (almost word for word) like the BBC piece, which read like the Metro piece .......

Which shows they have (still) completely missed the point. The reason #CameronMustGo resonated so well with the Twitterati, even more so than #WeBackEd, is because people wanted to show how fed up they are with being treated like idiots by the Government and by the compliant MSM; and so when you get a spate of obviously coordinated articles (after a spate of obviously coordinated attempts to dismiss it on Twitter from such unlikely bedfellows as Guido's mob and Glenda's little boy) they get treated with the contempt they deserve.

It is refreshing to see that article being universally dismissed; and not all those comments are from Leftie trolls like myself, some are from Telegraph regulars as fed up as the rest of us. And, no, I'm not telling you my Telegraph ID (it is useful to be act as a mole sometimes), but I'm loving the fact that it has picked up the highest number of recs I've ever managed over there. :D
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Osborne plots deficit trap for Labour ahead of Autumn Statement
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 85571.html
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Hopefully he will be out of rehab by then.
Unless he says no,no,no.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Unless he says no,no,no.
That video clip is everywhere ..... wonder what Cameron and Samantha are discussing over their kitchen supper tonight. How thick are the walls between nos 10 and 11?
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:@Tizme
You asked for help with a Labour policy on young unemployed. I tried to help you by explaining that JSA was not just being taken away but would be replaced by a Youth Allowance, with conditions, and a brief explanation as to why that was better than JSA (being able to go back to collage without financial penalty)
You then turned the argument into adult unemployed, people who have worked for 7 years and 40k plus earnings not being enough to support a child for an extra couple of years whilst they get on their feet. You ended by saying
"I don't think you answered why a uni student should get into 30k+ debt while their peer/sibling was paid to continue studying. Nor did you answer at what age an individual becomes a citizen in their own right."
No I didn't, because I was answering the question you originally asked, not a subset of "what if's".
The 40K (or 44K not sure which) parents earnings is on a sliding scale, which has been based on the current University Maintenance Grant
"Full-time students are also eligible for grants to help with living costs, which you do not have to repay. If your household/parents’ income is less than £25,000, you will be eligible for a full Maintenance Grant of £3,354 a year. If your household/parents’ income is £25,000-£42,611, you will be eligible for a partial grant (i.e. a lesser amount). Maintenance Grants are not available to part-time students. - See more at: http://www.offa.org.uk/students/frequen ... 38Z7W.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "
The proposed Youth Allowance, which is basically to encourage kids to study rather than hang out on JSA, is the equivalent of the maintenance grant a student (who's parents earn less than 40k) can apply for - on a sliding scale - and is actually putting young unemployed on a par with uni students, in that they too can study to improve their futures.
University Fees are a different subject.
"I" (that's me personally) think for education/benefits purposes we should be at least be partially responsible for our children for as long as they need our help, and I don't see a cut off time when a birthday changes that. Whilst I appreciate the middle class on 40k plus per year might feel squeezed, somehow I can't seem to work up the same level of sympathy for them as I do for those forced to use food banks. As I said if they can't help out their own child for an extra couple of years then maybe they should think of selling the second car or miss a few catch a film and meal evening out's.

I am not a Labour spokes person, I was simply attempting to help you with a question you had, and would have been more than happy to leave this at the point I stated last night which was "I think we will have to agree to differ on this one".
On Monday I asked about a particular Labour policy due to a blog I had read. You gave a very helpful response. As did a couple of other posters. My response was effectively 'oh good I'm glad I hadn't totally misremembered or indeed missed an important announcement all together'.

Tuesday morning yahyah asked whether I would be contacting the author of the blog to correct them. I said I hadn't book marked it but would be trying to find it again to double check exactly what had been written and if the author had said that Labour planned to remove all benefits for under 25's I would correct them, but if they had merely said Labour were proposing stopping JSA for under 25's then that was true. I also explained why, I didn't agree with that as a policy.

You then joined the conversation. You gave your point of view. I responded with mine.

Most parents continue to help their children pretty much as long as their alive. You keep on about helping out their 'child'. I was talking about how it could be difficult if they have more than one child. You sneeringly say they could sell the second car despite the fact I gave a very clear set of circumstances that did not involve a second car.

My own income is closer to those needing the food bank than it is to 40K a year. However, I don't think policy should only be decided on the basis of those who are absolutely the worst off or that sympathy and empathy should be reserved for the worst cases only. If you had a boil on your bum, it wouldn't hurt any less if I told you I had a broken arm.

My fundamental objection is this policy is saying young people between 18 and 25 are not full adults. Despite of course them being 'full adults' when it comes to paying taxes if they are in work.

We may indeed have to agree to differ but that doesn't mean I can't state my point of view. Especially when it wasn't me who raised the subject again.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Unless he says no,no,no.
That video clip is everywhere ..... wonder what Cameron and Samantha are discussing over their kitchen supper tonight. How thick are the walls between nos 10 and 11?

He choses the day after Ms Rowe tweets #GeorgeOsborneCokeHead to turn up looking like he might conceivably have done a line.

What a muppet.

As for a vote being a trap, bollocks Labour should not turn up and just tell him to stop wasting time. Why would they agree to a plan drawn up by an idiot.
Release the Guardvarks.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Rebecca wrote: Hopefully he will be out of rehab by then.
Unless he says no,no,no.

He choses the day after Ms Rowe tweets #GeorgeOsborneCokeHead to turn up looking like he might conceivably have done a line.

What a muppet.

As for a vote being a trap, bollocks Labour should not turn up and just tell him to stop wasting time. Why would they agree to a plan drawn up by an idiot.
What sort of idiot lays a trap and then tells their potential victim all about it?I'm sure someone in the shadow cabinet will manage to spring the trap.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

That article in the Torygraph about Twitter is indeed risible, and I was delighted to see the DT getting an absolute shoeing BTL as parochial, small minded, out of touch (where've I heard that before?) and producing badly researched, badly written tosh to suit the Barclay brothers (and nobody else, I'd wager).

The BTL comments nail it so well that it almost justifies the pile of shit ATL to vocalise all the reasons why the Tories need binning, why Cameron is a truly shit PM and how people are suffering out there because of his and George's fetish for austerity and pain. In George's case, his fetishes apparently run somewhat further, but I'll let Ms. Rowe deal with that....
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Isabel Hardman @IsabelHardman · 2h 2 hours ago
Some Tory MPs on the europhile side of party being told PM isn’t seeing anyone in run-up to immigration speech http://specc.ie/1zY6SPa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: I've got an image of Cameron as diva - in his dressing room, undergoing the longest make up session ever, people running around to satisfy every whim, nothing allowed to interrupt his deep focus and concentration ... Nah, that's just one of Empty's fantasies.

This speech had better be something special after all this build up.
It needs to be considering Theresa May has just admitted what everyone knew ages ago - that he wouldn't meet his ney migration target.

It's no good now blaming the EU - they didn't force you to commit to a net migration target of which 3/4 you can't control.

It'll be interesting to see the UKIP share of the poll after he's made it - can he persuade potential UKIP voters them that he's going to be able to do something about it.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Unless he says no,no,no.

Er,which video clip is that,I've missed it.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

ErnstRemarx wrote:That article in the Torygraph about Twitter is indeed risible, and I was delighted to see the DT getting an absolute shoeing BTL as parochial, small minded, out of touch (where've I heard that before?) and producing badly researched, badly written tosh to suit the Barclay brothers (and nobody else, I'd wager).

The BTL comments nail it so well that it almost justifies the pile of shit ATL to vocalise all the reasons why the Tories need binning, why Cameron is a truly shit PM and how people are suffering out there because of his and George's fetish for austerity and pain. In George's case, his fetishes apparently run somewhat further, but I'll let Ms. Rowe deal with that....
The media know folk aren't happy with them but they really are pushing the limits of what they can get away with. And they do seem to really fear social media. Twitter is an incredibly powerful tool.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Just caught up with everyone's entertaining posts today. Still laughing about that Osborne hashtag.

Earlier today on FiveLive (about 11.30am I think) they had three MPs on. I didn't catch the name of any of them but the Tory was an ultra-Europhobe who was literally ranting about how the UK had to get out of Europe right now and saying how he agreed with Nigel Farage "on just about everything" which even Pienaar thought was extraordinary.

The radio host Peter Allen also tried to do a throwaway line about Ed Balls challenging Ed Miliband's leadership. The Labour MP was brilliant on this, this would not let Peter Allen get away with that insinuation and demanded to know where it had come from, which Peter Allen didn't really have any answer to because he'd just made it up. Whoever that MP was, well done for not allowing the BBC to get away with such blatent drip-drip nonsense masquerading as political commentary.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good grief...Cameron nominates a single person for the top job in the UN for humanitarian affairs and that person is...Andrew Lansley.

Great - so the man that he sacked twice and has no humanitarian background is the right one for the job and nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that he and Cameron go back a long way.

:roll:

That's one position we'll lose then - nice one Dave.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Rebecca wrote: Hopefully he will be out of rehab by then.
Unless he says no,no,no.

Er,which video clip is that,I've missed it.
Don't know how to grab it off Twitter - but if you go to this link https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedUKPol and scroll down a little way - you really can't miss it.