Friday 11th March 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Friday 11th March 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 11th March 2022

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Morning.
Very sorry to have missed the couch blanket discussion yesterday - I was distracted by vermouth and then fell asleep.

So just to add, albeit belatedly, I was using "couch blanket" more as a descriptor than a known term. It is indeed a blanket purchased for use while sitting on the couch in an effort to use less gas/generate fewer emissions etc. As El Cielo Se Apago mentioned, its portability does mean that the couch blanket could also be used off-couch.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

@gilsey , where would our universities private schools and luxury housing and goods businesses, accountancy and legal firms be without them ?

Comrade double-agent Johnson will accuse me of anti-Russianism (I think that was his word the other day, Russophobia sounds too edjicated perhaps ?) , but this surely deserves an investigation by the Keystone Sanction Cops , another unexplained wealth job --

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lond ... -k6vspj72z

Video of her here, promoting her course --
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/business-sch ... -strategy/
Only £31k for a one year business MSc.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

MarionVan Renterghem
@MarionVanR
Double retour de boomerang pour Boris Johnson:

-Il a du mal à sanctionner les oligarques russes qui l’ont nourri lui, son parti, le Brexit.
-Le Brexit est un handicap et une erreur historique qui isole le GB dans la guerre.
Don't think it needs translating, you get the gist.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I did :-)
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

frog222 wrote: Fri 11 Mar, 2022 10:49 am @gilsey , where would our universities private schools and luxury housing and goods businesses, accountancy and legal firms be without them ?
Well, exactly.

I saw the thread about Polina yesterday.
Lavrov gives me the creeps, more so than Putin.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

This looks interesting -

""
Russian president Vladimir Putin with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in Beijing, on February 4th. Xi faces difficult questions over whether Putin told him about his Ukraine invasion plans. Photograph: Alexei Druzhinin/ Sputnik/AFP via Getty Images

When the Russian invasion of Ukraine started two weeks ago, Jane Yan, a senior executive at a machine parts maker in eastern China, says she was not too worried about the impact. After all, buyers in Russia and Ukraine accounted for less than 5 per cent of the company’s overseas sales last year.

But as the full ferocity of the Russian onslaught started to become apparent, the outlook shifted dramatically. Important clients in countries such as Poland and Germany cancelled orders with the Zhejiang-based company. ""
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/c ... -1.4823432

Perhaps they will revise any plans for Taiwan ? Plus of course companies and governments are looking to see how they can de-globalise in some sectors.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Xi was reportedly told by Putin that Russian troops would be greeted by cheering crowds and clearing out the "Nazis" would take just a few days.

Its certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that the Chinese are somewhat dis-chuffed now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Emmanuel Macron has condemned Boris Johnson’s government for making Ukrainian refugees unwelcome in Britain and for pretending to lead the world in helping the victims of the war.

Speaking at the end of an EU summit in Versailles, the French president was eviscerating about Boris Johnson’s approach towards those fleeing Russia’s bombs. (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... gee-crisis
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Unfortunately, that can easily be spun as just French sour grapes.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"