Thursday 27th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Re: Thursday 27th November 2014

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

AngryAsWell wrote:
diGriz wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Re Twitter
Mine's gone odd now, no reply or retweet buttons - anyone else having problems ?
https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/twitter

[edit] It might not hurt to close your browser completely and open it up again. Or even reboot the PC. Gremlins get everywhere.
Thanks but not worked :( still no reply or retweet button, wonder if they doing an update or something ...
Maybe that is why Hodges hasn't replied to me yet. :rofl:

(Yes, I am enjoying this. Does it show?)
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

cameronmustgo still trending at #4 more than 120 hours on ...
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

AngryAsWell wrote:
diGriz wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Re Twitter
Mine's gone odd now, no reply or retweet buttons - anyone else having problems ?
https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/twitter

[edit] It might not hurt to close your browser completely and open it up again. Or even reboot the PC. Gremlins get everywhere.
Thanks but not worked :( still no reply or retweet button, wonder if they doing an update or something ...
I don't use it but I have an account and it's fine. Maybe you've been reported?? :shock:

Or it's just buggy.

[edit] saying that a different site I use keeps crashing, it could be the internet. Maybe someone dropped it.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@seeingclearly

I have been lately nostalgic about a time when a Minister for the Disabled,actually had some knowledge and passion for the brief they held,for some years they have actively been "against",most recently Harper,nonchalent in the extreme when discussing delays in PIP,even in the face of evidence that irrefutably describe the consequences of these delays.I can't do better than quote Alf Morris,the Worlds first of course:

“If we could each bequeath one precious gift to posterity, I would choose a society in which there is genuine compassion for long-term sick and disabled people; where understanding is unostentatious and sincere; where needs come before means; where if years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years; where the mobility of disabled people is restricted only by the bounds of technical progress and discovery; where they have the fundamental right to participate in industry and society according to ability; where socially preventable distress is unknown; and where no one has cause to be ill at ease because of her or his disability.”
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

diGriz wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
diGriz wrote: https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/twitter

I don't use it but I have an account and it's fine. Maybe you've been reported?? :shock:

Or it's just buggy.
Nah, none of those things. Hodges knows I'm yanking his chain and he is the only person allowed to do that so he pretends not to have read them; same with people like Martin, Dan knows Rowson can eat him for breakfast so tends to duck the questions.

I know it is a bit petty but, hey, everybody should have a hobby & I don't like stamp collecting. :D
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

diGriz wrote: saying that a different site I use keeps crashing, it could be the internet. Maybe someone dropped it.
I never turn down a feed line ......
[youtube]UTBsm0LzSP0[/youtube]
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Evening All

Twitter seems OK again phew.

And funnily enough the #VoteLabourGetMiliband hashtag doesn't seem to be going quite as well as #CameronMustGo :twisted:
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
diGriz wrote: saying that a different site I use keeps crashing, it could be the internet. Maybe someone dropped it.
It makes me happy that at least some things I say in life people actually get. :clap:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

diGriz wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
diGriz wrote: https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/twitter

Or it's just buggy.

[edit] saying that a different site I use keeps crashing, it could be the internet. Maybe someone dropped it.
Maybe someone dropped it :lol: :lol:
been reported?? :o
(Where's that old sailor who poked his head in this morning ?? looks round...)
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

diGriz wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
It makes me happy that at least some things I say in life people actually get. :clap:
Always happy to help. ;)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

OK so twitter now working but FTN keeps logging me out even with the ticked thing ticked :(
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Evening All

And funnily enough the #VoteLabourGetMiliband hashtag doesn't seem to be going quite as well as #CameronMustGo :twisted:
But surely the point of voting Labour is to get Miliband.

So Labour voters either want Miliband as PM or don't want him as PM but are prepared to accept it as the price for booting Cameron out.

Bonkers, do the creators of the hashtag have a clue?
Release the Guardvarks.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

A list of official rebukes for Tory lies - a handy little list, can someone put it in troll busters coz I'll be logged out soon as I post this.
http://kittysjones.wordpress.com/2014/1 ... tory-lies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Indeed (from votelabourgetmiliband):
Graham Douglas ‏@greydogphoto 2h2 hours ago Sale, North West
Apparently #VoteLabourGetMiliband. Who knew?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Evening All

So Labour voters either want Miliband as PM or don't want him as PM but are prepared to accept it as the price for booting Cameron out.

Bonkers, do the creators of the hashtag have a clue?
I'm glad someone else wrote what I was thinking. I'm very fine with #VoteLabourGetMiliband. I make t-shirts with that stencilled on them. Send it to Dan H.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Indeed votelabourgetmiliband seems to be mostly contributed to by people linking it to cameronmustgo
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

On the OpenSeas thing from earlier, I am amused he gave the site a plug; but annoyed he misrepresented the views on the site.

People here weren't laughing at migration figures going up, they were laughing about the fact supreme bullshitter Cameron had again hit the PR - Reality gap. It goes like this.

Cameron makes rash promise because it is great PR.

Cameron has no clue how to meet the promise.

Cameron utterly fails to deliver on the promise.

Cameron slinks off and hopes nobody notices.

Rinse, repeat (see also his quiet dropping of excluding returning citizens who may have been to Syria).
Release the Guardvarks.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

By the way - how do I email a complaint to the BBC about their news coverage?
Release the Guardvarks.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

HindleA wrote:@seeingclearly

I have been lately nostalgic about a time when a Minister for the Disabled,actually had some knowledge and passion for the brief they held,for some years they have actively been "against",most recently Harper,nonchalent in the extreme when discussing delays in PIP,even in the face of evidence that irrefutably describe the consequences of these delays.I can't do better than quote Alf Morris,the Worlds first of course:

“If we could each bequeath one precious gift to posterity, I would choose a society in which there is genuine compassion for long-term sick and disabled people; where understanding is unostentatious and sincere; where needs come before means; where if years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years; where the mobility of disabled people is restricted only by the bounds of technical progress and discovery; where they have the fundamental right to participate in industry and society according to ability; where socially preventable distress is unknown; and where no one has cause to be ill at ease because of her or his disability.”
Thanks, Adrian. I rarely shed tears but your post had me from the moment I started to read it. This issue of transport for disabled children has really got to me. I used to work sometimes, over quite a few years, with a young group of wheelchairs users, profoundly disabled, but the sparkiest, wittiest group of young people I've known, we always laughed a lot together, and if not for the fact that my presence helped draw down funding for their cause I would have felt quite quite ill at ease 'working' with them, I always felt that they were teaching and giving me so much. They were a small branch of DAN, which I believe got absorbed into the wider disability movement, though you may know better. They were so solid as people, had such energy, that I often forgot entirely how frail they were. Shortly after I retired this was brought home to me when I learned that a young woman from this group had passed away; she was 22 and her brain stent failed her while she was sick with what for most people would have been a cold. Your quote put me in mind of her, just what a force for good she was, what a fierce little warrior for other disabled people she was, and how fragile her hold on life had been.

I regularly am grateful I don't live in the head of a person who makes these kind of decisions. Still, to my mind there are many many, things I'd forego rather than see losses of any kind to young people like this, no matter what their ability to contribute. They should have that special place in our society, their place in it is a barometer of our collective humanity.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:By the way - how do I email a complaint to the BBC about their news coverage?
Start here - https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very long winded (if I remember) but you get there in the end....
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Christ, you couldn't make this stuff up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 88507.html
Release the Guardvarks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Spacedone wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Some very, *very*, VERY weird weightings in today's "Miliband in danger" poll apparently.

I think this one can safely be ignored.
Am I being a bit paranoid to think that we're going to see a lot of weird polls that just happen to give misleading impressions?
No. Not at all. Your thoughts mirror my own. We could both be paranoid, but I doubt it.

edited to correct grammar
Last edited by citizenJA on Thu 27 Nov, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Just did a small experiment. In the time it took votelabourgetmiliband to get 1 tweet, cameronmustgo got 150. The Miliband tweet was:
andy redford ‏@andyredford 3m3 minutes ago
#VoteLabourGetMiliband proof that right wingers still don't know how the internet works ie posts will be seen by all! #craphashtag #tryagain
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Christ, you couldn't make this stuff up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 88507.html
The statement by HRP says it all really. Everything up for sale to anyone no matter what they've dipped their hands in.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Anyone who's not seen it or who feels in need of a laugh check out #ThingsThatAreNotMosques on twitter :lol: :lol:

Its a public thread so even if you're not on twitter you can still see them
https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThingsThatA ... s?src=hash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(This is what the hashtag is about for anyone who's not seen it
Red-Faced Ukip Offered Helping Hand From Twitter After Mistaking Westminster Cathedral For Mosque

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11 ... 30458.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Last edited by AngryAsWell on Thu 27 Nov, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

TechnicalEphemera wrote:On the OpenSeas thing from earlier, I am amused he gave the site a plug; but annoyed he misrepresented the views on the site.

People here weren't laughing at migration figures going up, they were laughing about the fact supreme bullshitter Cameron had again hit the PR - Reality gap. It goes like this.

Rinse, repeat (see also his quiet dropping of excluding returning citizens who may have been to Syria).
Misrepresentation is all he has; he knows he has no real argument, which is why he doesn't have the bottle to come here - none of that bunch can handle real debate without their backing singers regaling us with all the old faithful lines from the past. I tended to ignore him, he never really contributed anything of note - that daft swing back thing is proof of that.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Melton Blue ‏@MeltonBlue 2m2 minutes ago
Oh dear the Twitterati Left hurling insults and abuse.

Don't seem to like the #VoteLabourGetMiliband slogan
Can FTN let this individual know, something along the lines of:

#VoteLabourGetMiliband is excellent slogan thanks - but terrible hashtag as Tory antidote to #CameronMustGo
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:On the OpenSeas thing from earlier, I am amused he gave the site a plug; but annoyed he misrepresented the views on the site.

Yes, exactly - I don't think my post earlier contained something you identified - misrepresenting the thread & the people posting on the thread - anyone reading the thread knows we don't all think alike, we argue with each other, we disagree.

Dave has been a disaster for this country. Read & hear his words, watch his actions - Dave lied & failed to act with integrity. His entire premiership he's gone from a self-created crisis to another. But who pays for it? Regular people. No one forces him anywhere. Dave destroyed his own character. No one prevented him from being honest. The land & people are in a bad way with poor leaders on the front bench.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

citizenJA wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:The Smith Commission Report is here:
https://www.smith-commission.scot/wp-co ... port-1.pdf
Morning all.

Haven't read the report yet but there's (imo) a fundamental error in logic in the second paragraph.
Scotland voted ‘No’, but it did so with each of the three main UK parties promising more powers for the Scottish Parliament.
The outcome of the vote is, of course, irrefutable but the idea that the promise of more powers in some way influenced the result is, as far as I am aware, unproven. The only conclusion that can be drawn from the referendum is that the majority of Scottish residents wish to remain in the UK - nothing more or less.
I need to write my thoughts here - you're absolutely correct, Eric.

The report shouldn't have attempted to combine the thoughts of my Scottish friends with the promises, pledges, oaths made by government prior to their voting on the issue below.

My friends in Scotland voted YES or NO when each were asked - "Should Scotland be an independent country".
An electorate turnout of 84.6%, 3,619,915 people, gave our country their responses.

Every promise government made to Scotland before that vote must be fulfilled regardless of the result. To do otherwise leaves government prone to reap the personal consequences of infamous conduct.
Scottish Independence Referendum 2014

No - 55.3% 2,001,926
Yes - 44.7% 1,617,989

http://www.ukpolitical.info/scottish-in ... rendum.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
edited here to add - I'm specifically referring to the inappropriate hypothesising of the thoughts, motivations & consciences of Scottish voters
Scotland voted ‘No’, but it did so with each of the three main UK parties promising more powers for the Scottish Parliament.
That's not ours to know, nor does it advance anything of value - it muddies the waters.
There was, though, quite a lot of complaint that there was no option for Devo-Max on the referendum ballot paper – at least in my circles and in what I read via press and social media – at the time the referendum was being campaigned for and then agreed.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

tinyclanger2 wrote:

#VoteLabourGetMiliband is excellent slogan thanks - but terrible hashtag as Tory antidote to #CameronMustGo
Done.
@MeltonBlue No, we LOVE it, more than happy with that outcome. Bit of an own goal if you thought this an antidote to #CameronMustGo though.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Here we go - details from the 'important' speech starting to appear.
David Cameron to tell EU: cut all tax credits to migrants
Prime minister to announce that EU membership is dependent on measure affecting more than 300,000 EU migrants in UK

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... mmigration
... The proposal, to make Britain a less attractive place, is an implicit acknowledgement that cutting back on EU migrants’ access to out-of-work benefits, the main thrust of coalition policy so far, is ineffective since migrants come to work rather than as “benefit tourists”.

Under the plan an EU migrant would need to work in Britain for as long as four years before being eligible for tax credits.

The proposal requiring a rewriting of the EU’s social security rules, and possibly treaties, is to be delivered in an address in the West Midlands and will in effect set out Cameron’s terms for recommending Britain continue its 41-year-old membership of the EU in a referendum scheduled for 2017.

But in his speech Cameron is not expected to call for the right to apply a temporary emergency brake on free movement of workers if a country is being overwhelmed by EU migrants. The absence will disappoint Eurosceptics who have become doubtful that fiscal disincentives will be enough, and will prompt the Ukip leader, Nigel Farage, to argue that Britain will only regain control of its borders if it leaves the EU...

The disincentive effect of withdrawing tax credits for an EU worker on the minimum wage in the UK but capable of earning the average wage in their home country would force Polish workers to take a 22% pay cut, while a Bulgarian would only earn a little more.

Open Europe has argued that in-work benefits should not be available until an EU migrant has worked in Britain and contributed to social security for between two to five years. It is argued continental welfare systems, unlike the UK are still dependent on the contributory principle.
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Sir William Cash (Stone) (Con):
On the question of having a statutory inquiry, I take it that the hon. Gentleman means an inquiry under the Inquiries Act 2005. We had considerable experience of trying to get such an inquiry on Mid Staffordshire: I had to campaign almost unimaginably hard to get one under the 2005 Act. The reason for having one is simply that evidence can be given on oath and there can be a proper inquiry; anything less would simply not be adequate. Indeed, the Attorney-General will need in some way to be brought in to ensure that the very important people who might be involved in all the investigations are aware that the inquiry is being undertaken at that level.
Or, as some of us might put it, varying degrees of inquiry were held, which got answers much more quickly, from people who wouldn't have been so open in public under oath.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Here we go - details from the 'important' speech starting to appear.
David Cameron to tell EU: cut all tax credits to migrants
Prime minister to announce that EU membership is dependent on measure affecting more than 300,000 EU migrants in UK

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... mmigration
... The proposal, to make Britain a less attractive place, is an implicit acknowledgement that cutting back on EU migrants’ access to out-of-work benefits, the main thrust of coalition policy so far, is ineffective since migrants come to work rather than as “benefit tourists”.

Under the plan an EU migrant would need to work in Britain for as long as four years before being eligible for tax credits.

The proposal requiring a rewriting of the EU’s social security rules, and possibly treaties, is to be delivered in an address in the West Midlands and will in effect set out Cameron’s terms for recommending Britain continue its 41-year-old membership of the EU in a referendum scheduled for 2017.

But in his speech Cameron is not expected to call for the right to apply a temporary emergency brake on free movement of workers if a country is being overwhelmed by EU migrants. The absence will disappoint Eurosceptics who have become doubtful that fiscal disincentives will be enough, and will prompt the Ukip leader, Nigel Farage, to argue that Britain will only regain control of its borders if it leaves the EU...

The disincentive effect of withdrawing tax credits for an EU worker on the minimum wage in the UK but capable of earning the average wage in their home country would force Polish workers to take a 22% pay cut, while a Bulgarian would only earn a little more.

Open Europe has argued that in-work benefits should not be available until an EU migrant has worked in Britain and contributed to social security for between two to five years. It is argued continental welfare systems, unlike the UK are still dependent on the contributory principle.
He's had the heads up that this sort of thing is happening anyway.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Ed masters discipline
Ed Balls is doing all he can to confound the Coalition’s narrative of Labour’s supposed economic profligacy. And while he may not be running in London next year, he tells Paul Waugh there’s still a marathon task ahead
A long read, but nothing new.

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/ ... pline.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

citizenJA wrote:
Spacedone wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Some very, *very*, VERY weird weightings in today's "Miliband in danger" poll apparently.

I think this one can safely be ignored.
Am I being a bit paranoid to think that we're going to see a lot of weird polls that just happen to give misleading impressions?
No. Not at all. Your thoughts mirror my own. We could both be paranoid, but I doubt it.

edited to correct grammar
To be honest I looked at the numbers and snorted, no chance whatsoever in a general election.

Ashcroft is having a laugh, and he knows it.

Interesting that naming Clegg results in his vote going up not down. That Green vote is eminently squeezable on the Vote Green Save Clegg tag. I suspect even Ms Lucas would be tempted by that tactical vote. Get rid of Clegg and you pretty much kill off the Orange Book brigade. Laws versus Farron - no contest.
Release the Guardvarks.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

If it needs a new treaty it isn't going to happen. The Kippers won't be happy either as it won't stop migrants working, it just means they get less money.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Natalie Rowe @RealNatalieRowe · Nov 26
A man up at my door now! ,saying I need to sign for a letter or I'll be arrested and taken away to Holloway prison! IVE Called the Police

Police arrived, man had left, very threatening behaviour , said I needed to sign for a letter from a Solicitor, I have CCTV Police will look

@b_magnanti Since when do you go to Holloway for not signing a letter? Someone is keen to serve papers on me, wonder WHO, I'm ok, PHEW !

@bitch_Jennifer I didn't open my door, Hopefully CCTV will shed some light, once it's downloaded
She's a hoot, isn't she. Well her twitter thread is certainly a real hoot ...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Been looking at IDS replying to Reeves. Pitiful. Sneering replacing answers.
why did the Secretary of State claim on the BBC’s “Today” programme this morning that “almost 40,000” people are “actually claiming” universal credit when the latest figures show that the current caseload is 17,850?
As I said in my statement—I repeat this because the hon. Lady seemed not to have picked it up—40,000 people had claimed, over 20,000 had completed the claim process, and 17,500 were currently on universal credit. [Interruption.] No, that is exactly what they have done. Forty thousand had claimed, 20,000 had made

the claim and received—

[

Interruption.

]

I do not want to go through this nonsense with her. Let me remind her that many of those who started a claim went to work and therefore never completed the process. In case she thinks it is not worth people claiming the benefit because they are not staying on it, our position is that the purpose is to get them off the benefit and into work.
So caught lying on the Today Programme, and responds with rudeness and false insinuation that she doesn't want people to come off the benefit.

Arsehole.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
yahyah wrote:Ah, some good news, Ashcroft poll shows UKIP in second place to the Tories in Thanet South where Farage is standing. Five points behind, was leading by four in the summer.
I suspect the result would have been different had Farage been named as the UKIP candidate, though......

Re the Watford result, Labour were narrowly ahead in the last poll - but that was before the LibDems selected Dorothy Thornhill, with the resultant personality cult. In the circumstances they will probably be disappointed not to be leading :twisted:
Dorothy is a very divisive character. A lot of people who have had personal dealings with her or have followed her closely, have come to loathe her. She is a supreme operator though. Every word she utters and every move she makes is politically calculated. She is a master at it. It's quite something to watch her. She of course is pushing the fact she has lived in Watford for many years and her incumbency as the Mayor.

Both she, and Richard Harrington are pushing the line that Matt Turmaine is basically a parachuted in candidate. This isn't strictly true. He's been a local councillor since 2012 though of course he could have stood as a step on the way to becoming the ppc. He hasn't lived in Watford very long but he isn't quite the newbie they are trying to make out. Problem is he's a poor candidate. He does come across as a typical career politician. No passion. No guts. And frankly he's not doing enough. Don't know who they could have chosen though from the local party as its run by a paranoid idiot and none of local Labour party will stand up to him.

As to Rich Harrington, it so happens I had a meeting with him on Saturday along with some other people. We were handing in two petitions. He knows me as I have previously got him to do some public meetings and have had correspondence with him. He's also done his homework as he now knows I'm a Green. Anyway, he's pushing the line its a straight fight between him and Matt and that Dorothy hasn't got a chance. Not sure who he thinks his kidding..........

I'm almost beginning to think with that lot on offer, we Greens should go for it!
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

[quote][/quote]Mr Duncan Smith: I think my hon. Friend has a point. The Opposition think that the programme is rolling out too slowly, so they want to roll it out even slower or stop it and not roll it out at all. They are caught in a classic Opposition trap—we have all been there; I spent some time in opposition—which is that they know that what the Government are doing is right, but they do not want to say so because that would make it look like they had nothing to say. Therefore, they are talking about little bits and pieces and nit picking, instead of saying that it is a good programme. When I was in opposition, if something was really good I used to say, “Let’s get behind it and support it, and we can deal with the detail later.”

Jesus.

You're failing all your own targets. Are the Opposition seriously not to take you to task for that?

And they want to slow it down to look at the viability of the whole thing.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Been looking at IDS replying to Reeves. Pitiful. Sneering replacing answers.
why did the Secretary of State claim on the BBC’s “Today” programme this morning that “almost 40,000” people are “actually claiming” universal credit when the latest figures show that the current caseload is 17,850?
As I said in my statement—I repeat this because the hon. Lady seemed not to have picked it up—40,000 people had claimed, over 20,000 had completed the claim process, and 17,500 were currently on universal credit. [Interruption.] No, that is exactly what they have done. Forty thousand had claimed, 20,000 had made

the claim and received—

[

Interruption.

]

I do not want to go through this nonsense with her. Let me remind her that many of those who started a claim went to work and therefore never completed the process. In case she thinks it is not worth people claiming the benefit because they are not staying on it, our position is that the purpose is to get them off the benefit and into work.
So caught lying on the Today Programme, and responds with rudeness and false insinuation that she doesn't want people to come off the benefit.

Arsehole.
I suppose - on the plus side - it seems to show that Reeves is getting to him - he's clearly rattled. And his rudeness and misrepresentation tactics haven't gone unnoticed by his own 'side' - Reeves has said that several Tory MPs have apologised to her over IDS's rudeness when he claimed she hadn't been in the house to vote - which was untrue.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:

Oh dear the Twitterati Left hurling insults and abuse

There's a Twitterati Left?

Twitter is social media recently & successfully used to express anger with Dave Cameron's government. The Twitter posts often had specific examples of policy enacted by current government like unjustified sanctions resulting in people left with no resources through no fault their own.

When our representatives fail to protect the people needing help even after repeatedly being made aware of the negligence & mismanagement, it's reasonable to feel anger toward the leaders allowing it all to continue.

What I posted above isn't abusive, it's not insulting. I know the difference between well-founded anger over documented cases of wrong-doing & abusive insults. So do my friends who've used Twitter to repeat the following three words. Cameron must go.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Sadly the Tories in the house were feeding easy questions to IDS. Check out this
Chloe Smith (Norwich North) (Con): It was only on Saturday that a constituent of mine—a mother of four, including a disabled child—described to me her current restriction on taking a little paid work. She told me that universal credit would solve that. May I urge my right hon. Friend to proceed as quickly and as safely as possible; to let me and the House know how many households in the country and my constituency will benefit; and to do a good job for my constituents?
If that isn't an outright lie, I think it's pretty clear Smith must have provided a few feedlines leading up to it.

And of course, some think it won't help very much with that.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I'm pretty sure Gove wasn't supposed to be on QT tonight - late replacement so they can get a question about Hunt's stuff on public schools?

I'm not sure I want to watch as I've just had my dinner...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

IdleWorkingMensClub.jpg
IdleWorkingMensClub.jpg (60.12 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
BUZZ YORKSHIRE ‏@BuzzYorkshire Nov 26
#Yorkshire understands the work:life balance photo by leejacksonuk
Lovely.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Spending breakdown reveals how NHS England cash flowed to private firms

Telephone provider Vodafone is paid £13.5m and computer maker Dell gets £3.6m in first year of coalition’s new-look NHS

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... -companies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What to say? sigh
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

The Independent and the Telegraph have both been hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Sadly the Tories in the house were feeding easy questions to IDS. Check out this
Chloe Smith (Norwich North) (Con): It was only on Saturday that a constituent of mine—a mother of four, including a disabled child—described to me her current restriction on taking a little paid work. She told me that universal credit would solve that. May I urge my right hon. Friend to proceed as quickly and as safely as possible; to let me and the House know how many households in the country and my constituency will benefit; and to do a good job for my constituents?
If that isn't an outright lie, I think it's pretty clear Smith must have provided a few feedlines leading up to it.

And of course, some think it won't help very much with that.

We are of course some time away (if at all) from that example being able to claim UC.They're will be winners and losers,in our case a few hours work will result in a loss of income(unlike the present system)due to the complete removal of housing support for homeowners on any earnings.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:I'm pretty sure Gove wasn't supposed to be on QT tonight - late replacement so they can get a question about Hunt's stuff on public schools?

I'm not sure I want to watch as I've just had my dinner...
I never watch, but there's an element of political trap about Hunt's policy. Morgan is circumspect. Gove might fancy charging down the wicket, just for old times sake.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Nigel Farage fails to turn up for his own motion in European Parliament
http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/11/n ... arliament/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bet he didn't forget to pick up his expenses tho.....