Friday 28th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Re: Friday 28th November 2014

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

AngryAsWell wrote:I'm sorry but this is going too far, the immigration thing is now out of hand
"Tebbit Wants EU Migrants To Be Assessed By Who Their Family Fought For In World War II"

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11 ... _hp_ref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes he is old and perhaps out of touch, but he is still given a voice the right can rally round.
Why is this described as dropping a bomb into the debate.

Surely this calls for a full page picture on the front page of the G with the word Twat written in 36 point font.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

Maybe as a response to all the Wallace and Grommit digs, Aardman appear to have cast Ed Miliband in the role of the Maitre'd in their new Shaun the Sheep film.

http://t.co/6b8rTMdXq2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

AngryAsWell wrote:I'm sorry but this is going too far, the immigration thing is now out of hand
"Tebbit Wants EU Migrants To Be Assessed By Who Their Family Fought For In World War II"

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11 ... _hp_ref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes he is old and perhaps out of touch, but he is still given a voice the right can rally round.
Someone's just posted this on Twitter, a reminder of just what Tebbit has always been about:

@COPDdoc: Here's late 90's Tebbit backing the idea of organ donation for a white recipient only http://t.co/nJOmClQiPo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #newsnight @BBCNewsnight

(There's an ad that come up first, you have to shut that down to see Tebbit's article).
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RobertSnozers wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:Either way, I don't buy the meeja's bullshit on this. Every last journalist writing about it would avoid that house and its inhabitants like the fucking plague, and everyone knows it, since they are of exactly the same class of people as the politicians that they slag off - although some are actually posher and richer, which makes them even better shills for the rich, moneyed and influential, for whom they draw their pay.
Well the Sun, give it its due, was pretty smart about this. They sent a young journo straight out of the graduate programme to talk to White Van Dan. She was from the area originally, and from a working class family of Sun readers. While the Mail and Telegraph sent people at the same time to grab a quote and run back to the count, the Sun journo stayed with Dan, bonding with him and his family over the loutish football teams they supported and allowing him to be hi-jacked for the paper's political agend. No doubt as far as he was concerned, the Sun was made up of people like him and young journo - not predominantly middle-class careerists with privileged backgrounds. I can't imagine Tom Newton-Dunn would have had the same effect. Remember Quentin 'Gorbals Mick' Letts trying to act as a man of the people?
Bonding with him & his family

edited to add

I'm trying to reconcile the need for cooperation, respectful consideration of others with the fact I don't like everyone I know. General benevolence, kindness combined with boundary setting, caring for myself in order to remain sane & capable of mobility assistance.
Last edited by citizenJA on Sat 29 Nov, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Nailed it.

http://newsthump.com/2014/11/28/ukip-wa ... -your-job/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Evening all.

I see The Times is crowing about an ARK free school - ARK Conway -which is leading all others in the country as far as results go.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/a ... 282325.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting facts gleaned from the Ofsted from last year.
This primary school was opened as a new, free school academy in September 2011. It is part of a wider partnership of schools supported by ARK Schools. Currently there are two classes that provide education for pupils in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Year 1.
Two classes in two years i.e. one form entry - very small primary (ours is three form)

If it was year 1 last year then it's year 2 this...and KS1 SATs. These are internally marked. KS2 are externally marked. They might well be right but it's early days.
Currently the majority of pupils are White British
Er...in Hammersmith? I've just checked and the average for the borough is 29%.
The proportion of pupils supported by school action plus (those who require extra help with their learning) is below average. There are no pupils with statements of special educational needs.
Not exactly your average school then.

So...results marked internally based on teacher assessment for a single class which is out of line with the makeup in the borough and with lower than average SEN.

Think I'll pass on the celebrations...wonder who got them to write this? Not that nice Paul Marshall who sits on the DfE board surely who happens to be the ARK lead sponsor?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-night, my friends.
love
JA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

George Osborne has snared his own Party in its own austerity trap

William Keegan

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... erity-trap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Evening all.

I see The Times is crowing about an ARK free school - ARK Conway -which is leading all others in the country as far as results go.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/a ... 282325.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting facts gleaned from the Ofsted from last year.
This primary school was opened as a new, free school academy in September 2011. It is part of a wider partnership of schools supported by ARK Schools. Currently there are two classes that provide education for pupils in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Year 1.
Two classes in two years i.e. one form entry - very small primary (ours is three form)

If it was year 1 last year then it's year 2 this...and KS1 SATs. These are internally marked. KS2 are externally marked. They might well be right but it's early days.
Currently the majority of pupils are White British
Er...in Hammersmith? I've just checked and the average for the borough is 29%.
The proportion of pupils supported by school action plus (those who require extra help with their learning) is below average. There are no pupils with statements of special educational needs.
Not exactly your average school then.

So...results marked internally based on teacher assessment for a single class which is out of line with the makeup in the borough and with lower than average SEN.

Think I'll pass on the celebrations...wonder who got them to write this? Not that nice Paul Marshall who sits on the DfE board surely who happens to be the ARK lead sponsor?
At the time of inspection the school had 60 pupils – an Early Years Foundation Stage class and a Year 1 class.
By the end of the inspection there had been 43 responses to the online questionnaire Parent
View, and nine responses to a staff questionnaire.
(from the Ofsted Report, 2013, in which they observed five lessons carried out by two members of staff)

My bold. Fewer than seven children to each member of staff! Not your average primary school, at all. Be interesting to see how they are faring by the time they have 210 pupils in years Early Years Foundation Stage to Year 6 (ie., across seven year groups.)
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...