Friday 5th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Spacedone
Whip

Friday 5th December 2014

Post by Spacedone »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 4h4 hours ago

LAB retake the lead in first post Autumn Statement YouGov poll
LAB 32% +1
CON 31% -1
UKIP 15% -2
GRN 8% +1
LD 7% +1

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 2 hrs2 hours ago

Blow for Osborne after his Autumn Statement. YouGov/Sun poll see his net well/badly rating down 3 to -11 in less than a week.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 5th December 2014

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Meanwhile CMG currently on #2 and at an academy in Bradford:
Teachers’ expectations of students are “sometimes too low”, “work sometimes lacks challenge” and “low-level disruption” was hindering learning.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/mai ... -1-6989009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

The recently devolved railway franchise is likely to be run on a not for profit model*, a Welsh Government minister has announced, already there are squeals of anguish from Conservatives.
Preventing private businesses from running Welsh railways is another example of Labour's ideological aversion to the private sector and inability to create wealth and prosperity for the Welsh economy.
:D

They said the same when the WG took over Cardiff Airport, and IIRC footfall there is up by 11%?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ce-8230827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*Which if I not mistaken is more than them arch progressives the SNP did?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... empty-jail
Islington plans to force owners of newly built homes to prove they are occupied. If homes are left empty for longer than three months owners will face high court injunctions which if breached, could bring fines, repossession and, in the worst cases, jail for owners, the council said.

The drastic action has been proposed as the north London borough revealed that 30% of 2,000 homes built in the last six years have nobody on the electoral register and, even when students and foreign tenants are discounted, close to a quarter of homes in five of the newest residential developments appear to be empty.
They are putting this out for consultation from Monday – it wouldn't be backdated but would apply as part of Section 106 agreements on future developments.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... mr-8230464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Mancs showing off.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Wonderfully ethical private sector practices on show again I see.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... iness.html
Premier Foods has been criticised for asking suppliers to hand over money or face losing business with the company.
Premier, which owns some of Britain’s most popular food brands, including Mr Kipling, Oxo and Bisto, has written to its suppliers requesting an “investment payment”.
Firms that do not pay up risk being taken off its approved 1,000-strong supplier list.
I did like this comment.

Fangface • 12 minutes ago
Presumably, Premier's letters to its suppliers asking for these "investment" payments are tastefully constructed using glue and letters cut from newspaper headlines?

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Wonderfully ethical private sector practices on show again I see.

Premier Foods has been criticised for asking suppliers to hand over money or face losing business with the company.
Premier, which owns some of Britain’s most popular food brands, including Mr Kipling, Oxo and Bisto, has written to its suppliers requesting an “investment payment”.
Firms that do not pay up risk being taken off its approved 1,000-strong supplier list.
I did like this comment.

Presumably, Premier's letters to its suppliers asking for these "investment" payments are tastefully constructed using glue and letters cut from newspaper headlines?

Trouble is it's all so deranged I'm starting to find it funny in a hysterical kind of a way. It's either that or a daily Scanners moment.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

Just completed a YouGov survey asking me if I thought things would be better financially in the next 12 months. I said yes, but there was no question about who I thought would win the May election. So watch out for soft polls saying how things aren't going back to "Wigan Pier".
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

'George Osborne’s deficit reduction plan requires unprecedented binge in personal borrowing'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 04499.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember seeing something two or more years ago with figures showing much higher household debt at the end of Osbourne's economic miracle plan.
Media seemed to ignore it then.
Maybe there'll be more focus on it in the run up to the election.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning all.
Michael Crick @MichaelLCrick · 2h 2 hours ago
With Hugh Bayley's announcement, I reckon 79 MPs now stepping down next spring. I expect at least a dozen more to announce before then
So Bayley is a Labour MP. Anyone know what the situation re majority / contenders in his seat is?
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

'George Osborne’s deficit reduction plan requires unprecedented binge in personal borrowing'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 04499.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember seeing something two or more years ago with figures showing much higher household debt at the end of Osbourne's economic miracle plan.
Media seemed to ignore it then.
Maybe there'll be more focus on it in the run up to the election.
There was some discussion on that on Newsnight yesterday. People - especially the political commentators it seems - are not fooled by Osborne's bluff (sounds like a film title doesn't it) - it is absolutely evident to everyone that the same conditions that were held responsible for the last crash ... massive levels of personal debt ... are being built up. This time it would seem deliberate though.

On Clegg's pathetic attempt to put literal distance between himself and the Autumn statement - rather than any ideological ground - take a look at the LDV article about it. 39 comments BTL - not one of them favourable to him. Scathing is an understatement. http://www.libdemvoice.org/this-is-not- ... 43633.html
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

There are still many questions unanswered about he who is on trial again soon & must not be mentioned and his dealings with the Tories.

More to add to the list, this time about why a Tory Attorney General would be intervening to try and stop the BBC Panorma documentary about Murdoch's fake sheikh.
''who put pressure on the Attorney General to intervene in a BBC documentary, which was delayed twice under legal pressures? Was it the CPS? The Police? Mahmood’s lawyers at Kingsley Napley? Or News UK? Or a combination of those above?''

A TALE OF THE FAKE SHEIKH AND TWO ATTORNEY GENERALS: LIMITED POLICE INQUIRIES AND DAMAGE LIMITATION
https://fothom.wordpress.com/2014/12/05 ... imitation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Osborne having a hard time ... and lo and behold
CCHQ Press Office @CCHQPress
Andy Burnham refuses to rule out leadership bid…despite ruling it out in October. New knives out for Miliband… http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... p-bid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
It's time to resurrect a plot to get rid of Miliband.

These are not new knives. They are CCHQ and Sun knives.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... mr-8230464?

Mancs showing off.
A bit of hyperbole (the MEN likes nothing better than to stroke its slumbering readers), but in essence, it's not actually far wrong. Manchester reinvented itself after the IRA bomb in the 90s - they should really give the Provos the freedom of the city for that one act. Suddenly Manchester woke up and the skyline became filled with cranes; the city resembled nothing other than a vast building site for years afterwards.

I suspect though, that Manchester's renaissance began earlier, in the 1980s. The Tories' treatment of the north in general and Manchester and Liverpool made it abundantly clear that the two cities were on their own, and that no help would be forthcoming. Liverpool reacted by electing Deggsy and Militant Tendency. That didn't end particularly well.

Manchester acted very differently. Business was courted but not fawned over; there seemed to me to be a quiet determination to use every lever to make Manchester great again (after all it had been the first industrial city in the world) and the transformation of Manchester was a very political act of will, as was the mass ejection of Tory MPs and councillors. At the time of writing, Manchester City Council is overwhelmingly red in colour, and there has been no Tory presence in the city for decades.

That expulsion of the Tories was part of the movement by the people of the city to feel better about their home: they'd been abandoned by central government, so they said 'fuck you, we don't need you, we'll succeed without you', and that's what they did. The long abandoned mills became housing or business premises, trams came, the city centre was rebuilt. I was there from the late 80's until 2000, so I saw and experienced much of it for myself.

If Manchester is now firmly in the driving seat as the regional power/Great Wen, it's down to the last 2-3 decades of self help. If the government want now to give Manchester money, AGMA will say - have said - thank you very much, smile sweetly and then do exactly what they want rather than what the government wants them to do. That's the only reason Manchester will be getting an elected mayor. It's a small price to pay for increased autonomy.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Cash-strapped councils have been landed with a bill for £22m to pay for converting maintained schools into academies, according to research published on Friday.

The Local Government Association study showed that between 2011 and 2014 councils spent at least £22.4m covering the costs of legal and structural changes to schools in their areas that were becoming academies.

David Simmonds, chair of the LGA’s children and young people board, said: “We are supportive of academies and free schools but it is simply not fair that some struggling schools are burdened with a deficit while others walk away to become academies and leave local taxpayers to foot the bill.”
http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... -academies
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Morning.

I thought this,was rather good and deserves a wider audience

"I have a neighbour...disability and disbelief"

http://bottomface.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Huffingdon Post on Andy Burnham.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12 ... 71898.html

Asked if he could rule out continued ambitions to lead the party, he said: "It would be odd for me to say that. No one knows. I'm doing the job I love. I'm proud to do it for Ed. It's all I'm focused on. I can't say what life will throw up in the future, but I'm focused on helping Ed, making Ed the next prime minster and getting back in."
Personally do not see him as leadership type. Unlike Ed who underneath pleasant exterior is hard as nails.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"The longterm plan is a political one not an economic one "

http://touchstoneblog.org.uk/2014/12/th ... 4o.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... mr-8230464?

Mancs showing off.
Manchester reinvented itself after the IRA bomb in the 90s - they should really give the Provos the freedom of the city for that one act. Suddenly Manchester woke up and the skyline became filled with cranes; the city resembled nothing other than a vast building site for years afterwards.

I suspect though, that Manchester's renaissance began earlier, in the 1980s. The Tories' treatment of the north in general and Manchester and Liverpool made it abundantly clear that the two cities were on their own, and that no help would be forthcoming. Liverpool reacted by electing Deggsy and Militant Tendency. That didn't end particularly well.

Manchester acted very differently. Business was courted but not fawned over; there seemed to me to be a quiet determination to use every lever to make Manchester great again (after all it had been the first industrial city in the world) and the transformation of Manchester was a very political act of will, as was the mass ejection of Tory MPs and councillors. At the time of writing, Manchester City Council is overwhelmingly red in colour, and there has been no Tory presence in the city for decades.
Unlike in, say, Edinburgh.
Am, I'm afraid to say, showing off about Mancs showing off.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Westminster 'VIP paedophile ring' inquiry in crisis as child sex abuse victims slam Theresa May
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 04500.html
Alleged victims of child sexual abuse have warned Theresa May they will withdraw from the Government’s controversial official inquiry unless major changes are made.

In an open letter to Home Secretary released today, 24 signatories claimed the inquiry as it stands is “not fit for purpose” because of what it is being asked to examine and the proposed chairs...
Not surprised by this. It is clearly drifting ... a headless chicken ... and can only surmise that that suits some people somewhere.

When I listened to Teresa May on her Dersert Island Discs - she said she was saddened by the failure to appoint a Chair and then said that to get it right next time they would have to improve their 'vetting' processes. I found myself shouting at the radio - 'it's not the bloody 'vetting' processes you imbecile. By the time you are doing that it's too late. You need to think about your criteria for selection of this key individual and the role .... work out what is absolutely critical - i.e. no connection to the establishment ... and so on ... and the terms of reference for the enquiry and panel as a whole. Then you start looking for the people you can vet.

No wonder they have failed if that's the extent of their ability to carry out recruitment. Shows how it's usually done eh ... pick the person we want and then have a little dig in their history ... but because of our blinkers re what is the Establishment we won't be able to see any problems if it's the person we want.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:No wonder they have failed if that's the extent of their ability to carry out recruitment. Shows how it's usually done eh ... pick the person we want and then have a little dig in their history ... but because of our blinkers re what is the Establishment we won't be able to see any problems if it's the person we want.
Theresa May - Oxford.

They have no idea what competence is, nor that there are genuinely competent people in this country, it's just that they don't already know them.
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:The recently devolved railway franchise is likely to be run on a not for profit model*, a Welsh Government minister has announced, already there are squeals of anguish from Conservatives.
Preventing private businesses from running Welsh railways is another example of Labour's ideological aversion to the private sector and inability to create wealth and prosperity for the Welsh economy.

They said the same when the WG took over Cardiff Airport, and IIRC footfall there is up by 11%?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ce-8230827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welsh Water is also not for profit, all we need now is for electricity/gas to go the same way! How much would it cost to buy SWALEC? :)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Given that the public pay for the BBC I would propose that the public demand a moratorium on Oxbridge recruitment until the country is better reflected in their demographic. And I would humbly propose the Labour party do something similar.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Osborne having a hard time ... and lo and behold
CCHQ Press Office @CCHQPress
Andy Burnham refuses to rule out leadership bid…despite ruling it out in October. New knives out for Miliband… http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... p-bid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
It's time to resurrect a plot to get rid of Miliband.

These are not new knives. They are CCHQ and Sun knives.
Is that the best they can do? Blimey, Lynton is slipping, you'd have thought that he could have come up with something more imaginative; both he & Murdoch know this one has no legs (although I expect to see Hodges and Wintour thrashing this particular deceased equine, just out of sheer ennui).
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

RogerOThornhill wrote:Wonderfully ethical private sector practices on show again I see.

I did like this comment.

Response from Labour;

http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1043980 ... een-asking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Ed Fondue ‏@newsfondue · 49s50 seconds ago
Conservative Central Office confirms Tory Xmas Party cancelled as organiser Theresa May failed to organise local brewery venue #CSAinquiry
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

HindleA wrote:Morning.

I thought this,was rather good and deserves a wider audience

"I have a neighbour...disability and disbelief"

http://bottomface.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great read and duly forwarded it on.
Morning all btw.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

I did like this comment.

This is dreadful in all of the obvious ways but there is also absolutely nothing new about it at all - all of the big supermarkets do this, forcing potential suppliers to pay them fees, dressed up as administrative costs or investments, in order to keep them on. If a product is on special, or being displayed in a prime location, you can bet the supplier is paying for it. If a product is damaged or spoiled on the way to the store you can bet the supplier is paying for it, and if a product doesn't sell you can bet the supplier is paying for it. 'Shopped' by Joanna Blythman is quite old now but very good on all of this.
I still believe in a town called Hope
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

WelshIan wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:The recently devolved railway franchise is likely to be run on a not for profit model*, a Welsh Government minister has announced, already there are squeals of anguish from Conservatives.

Welsh Water is also not for profit, all we need now is for electricity/gas to go the same way! How much would it cost to buy SWALEC? :)
:D I love it that Scotland is always held up as some kind of progressive inspiration, which isn't always the case when you scratch below the surface, while here we quietly go about our business, no wonder some get so wound up.. Example, mental health beds are being cut indiscriminately in England, here, work began recently on a new £88 million, 135 bed unit hospital.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

adam wrote:

I did like this comment.

This is dreadful in all of the obvious ways but there is also absolutely nothing new about it at all - all of the big supermarkets do this, forcing potential suppliers to pay them fees, dressed up as administrative costs or investments, in order to keep them on. If a product is on special, or being displayed in a prime location, you can bet the supplier is paying for it. If a product is damaged or spoiled on the way to the store you can bet the supplier is paying for it, and if a product doesn't sell you can bet the supplier is paying for it. 'Shopped' by Joanna Blythman is quite old now but very good on all of this.
Tesco have been especially notorious for it, one of the reasons (along with their exploitation of work Programme labour and the fact that their quality is shit) why I haven't used one of their stores in years, and I'm far from unique; all the big grocers are being hit by the likes of Aldi & Lidl, but the fact that Tesco are suffering the most is entirely of their own making.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote: :D I love it that Scotland is always held up as some kind of progressive inspiration, which isn't always the case when you scratch below the surface, while here we quietly go about our business, no wonder some get so wound up.. Example, mental health beds are being cut indiscriminately in England, here, work began recently on a new £88 million, 135 bed unit hospital.
Can we accept that there is a difference between "England" the people in the south, east and countryside who have most of the decision-making power (and put most of the Tories in place), and "England" the people in the cities, north and west, who don't (and didn't).
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

tinyclanger2 wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote: :D I love it that Scotland is always held up as some kind of progressive inspiration, which isn't always the case when you scratch below the surface, while here we quietly go about our business, no wonder some get so wound up.. Example, mental health beds are being cut indiscriminately in England, here, work began recently on a new £88 million, 135 bed unit hospital.
Can we accept that there is a difference between "England" the people in the south, east and countryside who have most of the decision-making power (and put most of the Tories in place), and "England" the people in the cities, north and west, who don't (and didn't).

I accept that, of course I do, when is say ''England'' I do not mean it's people rather the government, I do crow when the WG get something right, probably because all the crap that has been laid at its door over the years.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

JP Janson De Couet retweeted
LabourList ‏@LabourList 6m6 minutes ago
Burnham calls on Shadow Cabinet to "raise our game" and support Miliband http://labli.st/1ylYIgL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Joseph Rowntree Fdn. ‏@jrf_uk 46s46 seconds ago
Poverty is why Treasury coffers are depleted and our economy's potential is unfulfilled - @juliaunwin on @HuffPostUK: http://huff.to/1q0N9h0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poverty is why Treasury coffers are depleted and our economy's potential is unfulfilled

Powerful Tweet. Thirteen words only. Wow.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Politico Daily ‏@Politico_Daily 15m15 minutes ago
Farage: Breastfeeding mothers should "sit in the corner" rather than feed their babies in an "ostentatious" way http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... orner.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

How appalling?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
I accept that, of course I do, when is say ''England'' I do not mean it's people rather the government, I do crow when the WG get something right, probably because all the crap that has been laid at its door over the years.
Apologies if that sounded high falutin' - which I realise on re-reading I might. I am just a bit weary of the whole "English" thing, given that I have nothing whatsoever in common with the likes of Cameron and his cronies. I also note I was just showing off about mancs showing off, so no reason why anyone else should be deprived the pleasure of a similar, momentary, joy.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PS - I also know full well that not all southerners, easterners and country-dwellers vote Tory.
(hoist, petard)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Politico Daily ‏@Politico_Daily 15m15 minutes ago
Farage: Breastfeeding mothers should "sit in the corner" rather than feed their babies in an "ostentatious" way http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... orner.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

How appalling?
To be completely fair to Farage on this, I'm not a massive fan of public biology and still recoil at the memory of a colleague breast-feeding at a departmental meeting, many years ago.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

tinyclanger2 wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Apologies if that sounded high falutin' - which I realise on re-reading I might. I am just a bit weary of the whole "English" thing, given that I have nothing whatsoever in common with the likes of Cameron and his cronies. I also note I was just showing off about mancs showing off, so no reason why anyone else should be deprived the pleasure of a similar, momentary, joy.
Aww come yuh! :hug:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

tinyclanger2 wrote:

How appalling?
To be completely fair to Farage on this, I'm not a massive fan of public biology and still recoil at the memory of a colleague breast-feeding at a departmental meeting, many years ago.
Did you think her ostentatious?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote: Aww come yuh! :hug:
Ta.
Am obviously on one of my offend-loads-of-people-by-mistake rolls.

Ruefully awaiting aftermath of foolish public biology comment.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:

How appalling?
As usual, Farage could have expressed (er, no pun intended) it better. Nothing wrong with asking nursing mothers to be discreet. Everything wrong with treating them like second class citizens.
Agreed.
(phew)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:

How appalling?
Did you think her ostentatious?
I certainly thought her indiscreet.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Oh FFS!!!! After ''Miliband in crisis'' leading numerous radio and news reports the BBC are accused of bias, they've biased by Christ, this is a joke.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... d-BBC.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

One senior Tory MP suggested there was a risk that unless the BBC was scrupulously fair in its reporting it could drive voters “into the arms of Labour”, and even find its future funding arrangements affected.
Five years ago this would have bothered me. Now the BBC is such a waste of time I find it difficult to care. Shocks me to say it.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I see I have a coat slung across the back of a nearby chair - I could easily reach it if I tried.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Grayling's prison book ban has been quashed.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

tinyclanger2 wrote:I see I have a coat slung across the back of a nearby chair - I could easily reach it if I tried.
Please no. Just use it to cover any indiscreet areas of flesh and stay around ;-)
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Oh FFS!!!! After ''Miliband in crisis'' leading numerous radio and news reports the BBC are accused of bias, they've biased by Christ, this is a joke.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... d-BBC.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" One senior Tory MP suggested there was a risk that unless the BBC was scrupulously fair in its reporting it could drive voters “into the arms of Labour”, and even find its future funding arrangements affected. "

Two things. Firstly, the BBC haven't been scrupulously fair in its reporting, be it the NHS march during the Conservative party conference or the Stafford save our hospital march amongst others.
Secondly, future funding decision is entwined with how the BBC reports on the government? Smells like state controls upon the reporting freedoms.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

How appalling?
Enormously loud mouth tit complaining about smaller tits being used for their biological purpose.