Monday 11th July 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 11th July 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 11th July 2022

Post by frog222 »

Morning RFM

The motley crew making their pitches to first of all their MP's, perhaps a hundred of them being ERG members or sympathisers --

so Hunt wants to bring back hunting as he expects to be a finalist going to the 'country' , and all, so far, want to trash the NIP .

Corbyn still living rent-free -- Last night on the Week in Westminster the Tory made some slur against JC's honesty which Thornberry crushed very thoroughly. Good ! This morning on FiveLive Tugendhat explained the loss of confidence in politics as partly because Labour had had an antisemitic leader . Rachel Burden steered him back to the Tory party .

A little warmer today -- 31 forecast !
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

frog222 wrote: Mon 11 Jul, 2022 9:01 am Corbyn still living rent-free -- Last night on the Week in Westminster the Tory made some slur against JC's honesty which Thornberry crushed very thoroughly. Good ! This morning on FiveLive Tugendhat explained the loss of confidence in politics as partly because Labour had had an antisemitic leader . Rachel Burden steered him back to the Tory party .
It's been said before but bears repeating: I just wish Corbyn would sue someone for the anti-Semitism slurs. Even to issue a letter before action to the likes of Zahawi would either produce a dramatic climb-down or a court case that could potentially resolve the matter once and for all (Zahawi is very rich, after all, as he has mentioned once or twice in the last few days).
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

Needless to say, in the event of a court case, Corbyn would be crowd-funded to any necessary level!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

He should sue, but has to pick the right case. Even when it comes to AS, a lot of stuff can be arguably defended under the "fair comment" banner.

(one example that goes way beyond this was Simon Heffer's notorious statement that JC wanted to reopen Auschwitz - that was and is *surely* defamatory)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 11 Jul, 2022 11:07 am He should sue, but has to pick the right case. Even when it comes to AS, a lot of stuff can be arguably defended under the "fair comment" banner.

(one example that goes way beyond this was Simon Heffer's notorious statement that JC wanted to reopen Auschwitz - that was and is *surely* defamatory)
Certainly agree with that, particularly considering that the definition of "fair comment" is so dependent on who is judging it in the courts. He is obviously advised by good lawyers. so one day ....
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

JRM reportedly thinking of a leadership bid.

I had thought one of his few plus points was that at least he wasn't *that* delusional.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Mordaunt RN lying about the EU states veto on accession --

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

it's all so grim - if only we didn't distrust "the left" so much as a nation there might actually be a chance of things getting better
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

People often do that because of a mostly anti-left media.

Ed Miliband grasped that was the central problem a decade ago, and what has happened since only reinforces it.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

On NOW --

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good evening.

Good to have experts around...wonder whether Braverman will get quizzed on her anti-ECHR stance on TV.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Good news everyone. Rosie Duffield is going to be suspended from the PLP and the Forde report is finally being published

Oh, he doesn't mean that? ☹️
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Tbh still not convinced that making Duffield into a martyr who would be turned into a cause celebre BY A VAST AMOUNT OF OUR MEDIA is the best idea - and do you know what, I think that Corbyn (or a left wing successor) would make that same judgement now too.

Labour in power would be much better for trans rights than the Tories (something the present contest is just making even more obvious) and I don't think that one (thankfully) very unusual MP is going to make much difference to that.
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Mon 11 Jul, 2022 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Suella Braverman may be even thicker than we thought...
Asked by the BBC how she would pay for her tax reduction proposals, the attorney general calls for a spending review to look at "where we can properly cut back on inefficient usage of tax payer's money" in the size of the state and civil service.
A spending review eh? I bet no-one has ever thought of doing one of those before...easy tap-in for Sunak who might just have to point out when the last one was...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.