Monday 22nd August 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 22nd August 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 22nd August 2022

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Anybody about?

Currently pelting it down here.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

Gosh, this is a surprise! (Said no-one on Earth). From the Guardian Daily Politics:

"Johnson to focus on Ukraine and cost of living crisis in final two weeks in office, No 10 says
Boris Johnson will spend some of his final two weeks in office working from Chequers, his country residence, No 10 has revealed. Johnson has already moved out of the residence in Downing Street, and is living at Chequers, but he will be working from there too for some of the time (instead of commuting every day into London), a No 10 spokesperson said at the lobby briefing. It was the only briefing scheduled this week, and here are the main points.

Johnson will spent his final fortnight in office restating support for Ukraine and highlighting measures to address the cost of living crisis, the spokesperson said. Asked where he would be working, the spokesperson said from Downing Street and from Chequers – but would not say how much time he would spend in each place."
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I'm sure he will be working extremely hard too.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I think I threw up in my mouth a little

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Mon 22 Aug, 2022 6:31 pm
Nick Timothy makes very good points there !

Passing over 'brexit austerity and individual political mistakes' the fundamental errors go back to the Thatcherism continued by Newlab .
Those advocating PFI and the way it was implemented needed their heads examining, but that never happened .
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

A couple of months ago I bought a hard copy of The Handmaid’s Tale in my local Leclerc supermarket .

Well … i’d seen many references to it online and on social media etc

One striking feature early on in the book is that she pointed out how the cashless society is ideally suited to absolute control , by Whoever .

From one day to the next , by a ‘Controller’s’ decision, you have NO fucking money .

NOW !

If those ‘artificial -intermediary’ UK ‘Energy Companies’ go ahead and empty your bank accounts of all your savings , you are in the same situation as suspected dissidents in Margaret Atwood’s future dystopia.

Something to reflect upon .

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Football, eh?
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Did not see that coming! Best we've played for months.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Not just that but EtH gambled in dropping certain senior players, it could easily not have paid off - but it did.

Now above Liverpool in the table, enjoy it while you can :)