Monday 8th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 8th December 2014

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Such A Heartbreaking Call: The Man Too Poor To Eat
http://audioboom.com/boos/2713731-such- ... oor-to-eat
James O'Brien retweeted
David Lammy @DavidLammy · 3h 3 hours ago
Heartbreaking on @LBC just now with @mrjamesob. Listening to a grown man cry because he desperately want a job. Hope Osborne was listening.
I've just posted this to AS blog, its heartbreaking
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Word is going around - not sure if it's true or not, that the #CameronMustGo hashtag has been removed from the trending list.

Censorship? It'll be interesting to see what happens this evening when they're asking for another push.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Such A Heartbreaking Call: The Man Too Poor To Eat
http://audioboom.com/boos/2713731-such- ... oor-to-eat
James O'Brien retweeted
David Lammy @DavidLammy · 3h 3 hours ago
Heartbreaking on @LBC just now with @mrjamesob. Listening to a grown man cry because he desperately want a job. Hope Osborne was listening.
I've just posted this to AS blog, its heartbreaking
I guarantee if Osborne was listening he wouldn't care. For whatever reason he's in a world of his own.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2014/12/as ... 19-green-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

' Those who named the Conservatives as their first choice under AV were more likely to give their second preference to UKIP (42% of those naming a second party) than to anyone else – but notably, they were more likely to give it to the Lib Dems or Labour (53% in total) than to UKIP.

Four in ten of those who named Labour as their first choice gave their second preference to the Lib Dems. The Greens were the next most popular destination for Labour second preferences (19%), followed by UKIP (14%) and the Tories (13%).'

I'm not sure if this tallies with the "UKIP are a threat to Labour as much as they are to the Conservatives" meme. Wouldn't the second preference figures for UKIP be approximately the same?
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

The reason for the swelling in Food Banks for the recently unemployed has a single cause; the cock up in delivering benefits on time combined with the removal of Crisis Loans, and this needs more publicity.

https://www.gov.uk/crisis-loans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interestingly, that site used to have a lot more information on it about what Crisis Loans used to do, which has since been removed. Crisis Loans used to be available from the day you were laid off. What you can get now is a Budgeting Loan, which to qualify for you must be unemployed for 26 weeks.

Crisis Loans are still available in Northern Ireland, where they are defined thusly:

You can apply for a Crisis Loan if you:

are aged 16 or over
you don't have enough money to meet your (or your family's) immediate short term needs in an emergency or as the result of a disaster
think there will be serious damage or risk to your (or your family's) health or safety without the loan
A Crisis Loan can help cover the following short term needs:

meeting daily living expenses
rent in advance
board/lodging charges
residential charges for a hostel
pre-paid meter fuel debt
travel expenses if you are stranded away from home
household items
A Crisis Loan can also help if either of the following applies:

you have suffered a disaster like a fire or flood that has caused a lot of damage and you need help to meet other expenses like replacing household items and clothing
you’ve been awarded a Community Care Grant because you're moving out of institutional or residential accommodation and don't have enough money to pay advance rent to a private landlord.

What would be interesting is to see if use of Food Banks in Northern Ireland has risen as much over the same period.

Edit: Apparently it has.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30239373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Don't forget 5.30
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed Miliband (Labour) - Leaders Live
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 57m 57 minutes ago
UKIP the main mover in this week's @LordAshcroft phone poll
LAB 31-1: CON 30=: LD 8+1: UKIP 19+3: GRN 5%-1
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Otto English @Otto_English · 49m 49 minutes ago
Carswell failed to show up in Commons today to ask a question he had put down. Too many immigrants on the tube no doubt between Fulham & HoC
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2014/12/as ... 19-green-5

Four in ten of those who named Labour as their first choice gave their second preference to the Lib Dems. The Greens were the next most popular destination for Labour second preferences (19%), followed by UKIP (14%) and the Tories (13%).'

I'm not sure if this tallies with the "UKIP are a threat to Labour as much as they are to the Conservatives" meme. Wouldn't the second preference figures for UKIP be approximately the same?
Yes, exactly. In Ashcroft's article -
Those who gave their first preference to UKIP were nearly twice as likely to name the Conservatives (51%) as Labour (26%) when it came to their second preference.
I don't speak for the entire Labour party membership or support but based upon reading & listening to what each political party values, what the leadership do & say & views of party supporters, why would Labour voters choose UKIP?
Four in ten of those who named Labour as their first choice gave their second preference to the Lib Dems. The Greens were the next most popular destination for Labour second preferences (19%), followed by UKIP (14%) and the Tories (13%)
(my bold) I don't like the way Ashcroft has written this. If he's going to use percentages for Labour's second, third, fourth..., use a percentage for the first, please - 'four in ten...gave their second preference to the Lib Dems' - is badly written. When I read reports using this technique, I suspect it's meant to obscure something. That may not be the intent but it's confusing. Reporting polling results or statistical data results this way is editorialising. That's fine, just make sure it's called an editorial.
The voters have chosen their system, and next May they will choose their parties. Whatever chaos ensues, let nobody say it doesn’t reflect the will of the people.
Let's hope so, Ashcroft, let's hope 'the will of the people' is accurately reflected.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Don't forget 5.30
Ed Miliband (Labour) - Leaders Live
Thank you for the reminder! This ought to be good.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Willow904 wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:Just to add to the horror of today (well, I haven't read any good news yet!) we have this:
Bus companies are not required by law to force parents with buggies to make way for wheelchair users in designated bays on vehicles, senior judges ruled.

First Bus appealed against a court ruling, won by a disabled man from West Yorkshire, that the firm's wheelchair policy was discriminatory.
Apparently, if you are refused permission to board because people will not move buggies, etc., from the wheelchair space...
The "proper remedy" for wheelchair users to get improvements in such cases is to ask Parliament, three judges have ruled
Fucking great :fire: :wall: :fire: :wall: :fire: :wall: :crying:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-30376446
Bus companies have to provide wheelchair space by law but there is no law that says other people can't use them, so the judge is right, only parliament have the power to change this. A bus driver can't eject or move someone (or contact the police to do so, if necessary) unless they have infringed a rule or law. The person who refused to move their buggy is clearly in the wrong from an ethical point of view, but not legally and that's the problem bus operators have, there's no law to back them up if they want a buggy moved. There are laws that allow bus drivers to eject people with alcohol etc, but no laws to allow them to eject selfish people, I'm afraid. Not to mention the fact that mums have to get places too. Other people get left on the bus stop when there isn't room on the bus. For me this isn't about discrimination so much as it's about our privatised public transport system being generally inadequate and failing a lot of people who want to get from A to B.

However "In the judgment, the Court reflects on various powers held by bus drivers to evict passengers in various circumstances, such as those who smoke on the bus, or those who “unreasonably impede or cause discomfort to any person travelling on or entering or leaving a vehicle”. Similarly, if a passenger with “any bulky or cumbersome article” refuses to stow it in a specific part of the bus on request, the article can be removed or the passenger can be removed. Accordingly, it is clear that the law considers it acceptable to require removal of passengers in those circumstances, but not to make way for wheelchair users.

To be frank,in a train situation I am tolerant to the extent of making a request for luggage to be removed from a space with the signage please do not place luggage here,it amazingly becomes ownerless on such request and I move it wherever it can go usually a few feet away in the luggage storage space ,I also have a sign to be used should the situation whereby people have to be notified on the non levitational abilities of a wheelchair as luggage is placed around said wheelchair(the notion that a disabled person ever needs to go to the toilet beyond the comprehension of a worrying amount of people )So bus drivers do have the power to remove people or items causing an obstruction who refuse to move items , just a designated wheelchair space doesn't apply when a person in a wheelchair needs it I am sorry I don't agree with the decision.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Surprised that many Labour voters still give the LibDems their second preference, tbh.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Willow904 wrote: Bus companies have to provide wheelchair space by law but there is no law that says other people can't use them, so the judge is right, only parliament have the power to change this. A bus driver can't eject or move someone (or contact the police to do so, if necessary) unless they have infringed a rule or law. The person who refused to move their buggy is clearly in the wrong from an ethical point of view, but not legally and that's the problem bus operators have, there's no law to back them up if they want a buggy moved. There are laws that allow bus drivers to eject people with alcohol etc, but no laws to allow them to eject selfish people, I'm afraid. Not to mention the fact that mums have to get places too. Other people get left on the bus stop when there isn't room on the bus. For me this isn't about discrimination so much as it's about our privatised public transport system being generally inadequate and failing a lot of people who want to get from A to B.
I'm not so sure - each company has its 'conditions of carriage' which they can presumably enforce. Lothian Buses (a private company with its shares held by City of Edinburgh Council) states
In common with all other passengers, whenever the wheelchair space is needed by a wheelchair user, passengers with unfolded buggies must move to make it available. In order to allow a wheelchair user to board, any passenger occupying the wheelchair space with an unfolded buggy should fold it and place it in the luggage rack. Alternatively, they may choose to get off the bus, in which case a receipt will be issued to allow them to complete their journey on a following bus free of charge.
http://lothianbuses.com/conditions-of-carriage
On the other hand First Bus state:
Low floor accessible vehicles are normally able to carry one wheelchair or two reasonably sized unfolded pushchairs. Occupation of this space is on a first come first served basis, albeit that drivers will politely request any occupants of the space to give way to wheelchair users. Whilst drivers do not have the power to force occupants of the wheelchair space to make way for wheelchair users we would hope that passengers would show good citizenship in this regard wherever it is reasonable to do so.
http://www.spokes.org.uk/wordpress/wp-c ... rriage.pdf
Of course, LB's fleet are modern vehicles, mostly with space for a buggy and a wheelchair. The FB fleet on the other hand has (I'm searching for a polite way to put it) seen better days.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

DonutHingeParty wrote:The reason for the swelling in Food Banks for the recently unemployed has a single cause; the cock up in delivering benefits on time combined with the removal of Crisis Loans, and this needs more publicity.

https://www.gov.uk/crisis-loans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interestingly, that site used to have a lot more information on it about what Crisis Loans used to do, which has since been removed. Crisis Loans used to be available from the day you were laid off. What you can get now is a Budgeting Loan, which to qualify for you must be unemployed for 26 weeks.

Crisis Loans are still available in Northern Ireland, where they are defined thusly:

You can apply for a Crisis Loan if you:

are aged 16 or over
you don't have enough money to meet your (or your family's) immediate short term needs in an emergency or as the result of a disaster
think there will be serious damage or risk to your (or your family's) health or safety without the loan
A Crisis Loan can help cover the following short term needs:

meeting daily living expenses
rent in advance
board/lodging charges
residential charges for a hostel
pre-paid meter fuel debt
travel expenses if you are stranded away from home
household items
A Crisis Loan can also help if either of the following applies:

you have suffered a disaster like a fire or flood that has caused a lot of damage and you need help to meet other expenses like replacing household items and clothing
you’ve been awarded a Community Care Grant because you're moving out of institutional or residential accommodation and don't have enough money to pay advance rent to a private landlord.

What would be interesting is to see if use of Food Banks in Northern Ireland has risen as much over the same period.

Edit: Apparently it has.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30239373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But has the Crisis Loan criteria in Northern Ireland remained the same?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Surprised that many Labour voters still give the LibDems their second preference, tbh.
That stood out for me too.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

PorFavor wrote:
HindleA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Too busy playing computer games
Assuming that "no-one would speak to us" is a verbatim quote, it's damning. It's a bit different from the usual "no-one was available" (however loaded that latter may be in intent).

Good afternoon, everyone.

Well,I was driving home listening to radio 2 5pm news.
They played a tape(do we still call it that)of that Lady whoever saying that 'the poor cannot cook',so we could all hear her saying it for ourselves.
Then they reported that Clegg accused Osborne of 'causing unecessary pain'
Finally did a piece with sound effects of the tory mp playing games during an important meeting,in full view of the press.
I think the beeb is fighting back,and about time too!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

James Chapman (Mail) retweeted
steve hawkes @steve_hawkes · 5h 5 hours ago
Nick Clegg to take PMQs this week - wonder if the Tories will turn up
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Otto English @Otto_English · 49m 49 minutes ago
Carswell failed to show up in Commons today to ask a question he had put down. Too many immigrants on the tube no doubt between Fulham & HoC
God,they're useless.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Can anyone tweet #Bitetheballot #YesEd - the trolls are over running it :(
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

https://twitter.com/BiteTheBallot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twitter feed
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

BREAKING NEWS:UK Independence Party suspends general secretary Roger Bird over allegations of impropriety
BBC Banner
Glad to see UKIP are different from other parties!!
edited to make it closer to English.
Last edited by rearofthestore on Mon 08 Dec, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Just suppose Labour were a few seats short of a majority.
Who would you prefer they did a deal with,libdems or snp?
I'm afraid I would go for libs just to spite the nats,but that's my problem.Don't say greens as they won't have enough seats.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:https://twitter.com/BiteTheBallot
Twitter feed
Ed doing well and looks great :)
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Rebecca wrote:Just suppose Labour were a few seats short of a majority.
Who would you prefer they did a deal with,libdems or snp?
I'm afraid I would go for libs just to spite the nats,but that's my problem.Don't say greens as they won't have enough seats.
I'd agree with that. Tough choice for those in the Gordon constituency, who seem to have a choice of LibDem or SNP.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Nick Davies
‏@Bynickdavies
Sunday Times journo "had sex with target to set up a story for Mazher Mahmood" http://wp.me/p3kXx7-6G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WITHERING HEIGHTS
By WordPress.com @wordpressdotcom
THE PANORAMA exposé of Mazher Mahmood revealed the methods the "fake sheik" used at the News of the World and the Sun on Sunday. But he also used the same unscrupulous tactics during his two spells...
Jaw dropping stuff.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

So when did Twitter start disappearing trending topics?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Twitter feed
Anyone watching ?
Last edited by AngryAsWell on Mon 08 Dec, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

#YesEd at #4
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ukip suspends general secretary over ‘candidate selection allegations’
Party declines to discuss allegations against Roger Bird, who is suspended pending a full investigation into allegations

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... llegations
I wonder how Carswell is feeling about his switch now ... maybe not so confident?

I also wonder if Carswell not showing up for his scheduled question in the HoC this afternoon was connected with this matter in any way.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
Twitter feed
Anyone watching ?
I'm going to watch it a little bit later on. The timing coincides with Mr Riots coming in after doing some work - and I knew he'd need a good moan - and dog and cat feeding time. Better to have a hour that's guaranteed free of interruption to watch it in. Am looking forward to it.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Spacedone wrote:So when did Twitter start disappearing trending topics?
If they are then no-one can claim we are living in a democracy.

Following from the comments earlier I looked here:

Sometimes a topic that seems hot, like Occupy Wall Street, doesn't trend, leading some activists to charge Twitter with censorship. But the complex algorithms that determine trending topics are intended to find what's trending in the moment, and not what's been around for a long time.
It's a bit ambiguous but still reads to me as though if something is trending in real time, even if it's been trending for weeks, it should still show. This afternoon #CMG was getting 4-5 times more tweets than #FeedingBritain but didn't show in the ranking when #FeedingBritain was at #2.

Anyone?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

LOUISE MENSCH ‘SUING JOURNALIST AND BLOGGER’ OVER MURDOCH COMMENT
http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/12/l ... r-comment/
FFS. And this piece says she is also going to add Tim Fenton of Zelo Street to the suit.

Why can't she just go away properly ... or at least shut up? America isn't far enough.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Watching Miliband on Youtube and the comments at the side are distracting me. It's a war between Kippers and everyone else.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ADeadlyThreatToThePeopleOfSussex.jpg
ADeadlyThreatToThePeopleOfSussex.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 11060 times
The Poke @ThePoke · 2h 2 hours ago
A Deadly Threat To The People Of Sussex

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2014/12/08/a-d ... of-sussex/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Ukip suspends general secretary over ‘candidate selection allegations’
Party declines to discuss allegations against Roger Bird, who is suspended pending a full investigation into allegations

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... llegations
I wonder how Carswell is feeling about his switch now ... maybe not so confident?

I also wonder if Carswell not showing up for his scheduled question in the HoC this afternoon was connected with this matter in any way.
This bit:
While declining to elaborate further, UKIP said the suspension did not relate to a recent row which reportedly saw more than a dozen party activists quit the party over leader Nigel Farage's handling of the candidate selection process.
Anyone reckon it was to do with that and they're trying to keep Farage out of it by getting the gen sec to take the blame?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... meron.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon the Liberal Democrats and govern alone, Tory MPs tell David Cameron
One MP said that as many as 50 Tory MPs wanted the Prime Minister to jettison his deputy Nick Clegg and start to govern alone
Am I being naively imaginative or does this have the potential to trigger a surprise sooner-than-expected (and therefore Labour not yet ready for) election?

I appear to be becoming paranoid.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

One of the reasons we moved to Wales [it wasn't for the weather] was because we thought the politics was more to our liking here.

Sad to see the latest YouGove Wales voting intention poll.

Labour 36% -2%
Cons 23% =
UKIP 18% +1%
Plaid 11% =
Lib Dems 5% -1%
Green 5% =
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Can anyone tweet #Bitetheballot #YesEd - the trolls are over running it :(
Wow! That's the first full hour I've spent watching live broadcast in years! Ed Miliband did great.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Spacedone wrote:Watching Miliband on Youtube and the comments at the side are distracting me. It's a war between Kippers and everyone else.
I had it open in another tab and watch the https://twitter.com/BiteTheBallot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so I could reply and tweet the #yesed hashtag ;)
#YesEd got to number 3 at one point
#NoEd did not get in trending at all :)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Food banks: Duncan Smith promises positive response after critical report
Work and pensions secretary promises reforms to help stop people ‘stumbling into’ process of benefits sanctions
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... e-critical
What a piece of work he is.

'stumbling into' process of benefits sanctions

No doubt his 'reforms' will be of the put-splints-on-their-legs-to-make-sure-people-walk-ramrod-straight ahead-into-benefit-sanctions type.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ExaroNews ‏@ExaroNews 4h4 hours ago
Detectives resume investigation into claims of child sex abuse against Labour’s Lord Janner despite dementia claims. http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5424/ ... -sex-abuse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... meron.html
One MP said that as many as 50 Tory MPs wanted the Prime Minister to jettison his deputy Nick Clegg and start to govern alone
Am I being naively imaginative or does this have the potential to trigger a surprise sooner-than-expected (and therefore Labour not yet ready for) election?

No because of the 5 year term
Labour are ready for it and will come out fighting if by any chance it did happen :)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:

Labour are ready for it and will come out fighting if by any chance it did happen :)
So a minority government wouldn't be a reason to dissolve and call earlier GE? (it's me nerves)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffee ... -delusion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
[color=#FF0000]spectator [/color]blog wrote:It is a sign of the shrillness of the increasingly demented Conservative Party, that Gove and his allies can dismiss as backsliding Morgan’s desire not to treat every teacher in the land as an enemy.
:shock:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

MPs get go-ahead to challenge snooping law
Judicial review brought by David Davis Tom Watson centres on Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... ooping-law
Two MPs have been given the green light to legally challenge the government over the introduction of legislation which gives police and security services access to people’s phone and internet records.

The judicial review action brought by Conservative former shadow home secretary David Davis and Labour backbencher Tom Watson centres on the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act (Dripa).

The act was rushed through parliament in just three days in July with the backing of all three major party leaders.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

So a minority government wouldn't be a reason to dissolve and call earlier GE? (it's me nerves)
It would need both houses to vote with an enhanced majority of (insert percentage here as I've forgot it) but quite a lot, time wise not sure how they would get the vote through even if enough support
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Someone on Twitter just described his Nigelship as "parody human Farage"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

Has anyone got a link to where I can read just what Peter Jukes has said about 'The Un-Mensch-ionable'?
The truth ferret speaks!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Radio 4 PM had one of their 'lunch with' segments. It was Anna Soubry MP today (or Foghorn Soubry as I call her). She said that after her smack down of Farage on QT a while back - she was rung by Lynton Crosby who said she had been terrific and said the right things (???) - and then shortly after that by Cameron, saying the same but without the Australian accent - and then by Ed Miliband who congratulated her for saying the right thing. I still don't rate her though.
Gaby Hinsliff ‏@gabyhinsliff 1h1 hour ago
Soubry also unexpectedly revealing fascination with Kim Kardashian, on the grounds she's a terrible role model.

James William Jacobs ‏@jameswjacobs 1h1 hour ago
@gabyhinsliff Majority: 389. @Nick4Broxtowe is the excellent candidate for #Broxtowe. #JustSaying

Gaby Hinsliff ‏@gabyhinsliff 1h1 hour ago
@jameswjacobs @Nick4Broxtowe She knows she's unlikely to hold that seat, I think: I rather like the honesty that creates.

James William Jacobs ‏@jameswjacobs 1h1 hour ago
@gabyhinsliff @Nick4Broxtowe Very much this Government's Edwina Currie

Gaby Hinsliff
‏@gabyhinsliff
@jameswjacobs really? they're both Tory, female and outspoken. Beyond that I think they're very different
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Someone on Twitter just described his Nigelship as "parody human Farage"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I quite like the idea that his name keeps being changed to Garage - as he gives the impression of a used-car salesman, it's quite apt.

Would you buy a policy from this man?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.