Thursday 11th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Re: Thursday 11th December 2014

Post by rearofthestore »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:UKIP Neath ‏@UKIPNeath 2h2 hours ago
@Trumpton_UKIP any chance that you could stop tweeting? You're being really disrespectful to our party. Please stop.

Best thing I've read all week. The Trumpton Tweets are really funny. Looks like taking the wee works.
To which the best reply would be (from UKIP Trumpton sadly)

Any chance you could stop existing, you are being really disrespectful to our country.
Appears that UKIP Trumpton now think UKIPNeath is a fake account.
UKIP Trumpton ‏@Trumpton_UKIP 26m26 minutes ago
Am beginning to think @UKIPNeath is a fake account, lets be careful out there x
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rearofthestore wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:UKIP Neath ‏@UKIPNeath 2h2 hours ago
@Trumpton_UKIP any chance that you could stop tweeting? You're being really disrespectful to our party. Please stop.

Best thing I've read all week. The Trumpton Tweets are really funny. Looks like taking the wee works.
To which the best reply would be (from UKIP Trumpton sadly)

Any chance you could stop existing, you are being really disrespectful to our country.
Appears that UKIP Trumpton now think UKIPNeath is a fake account.
UKIP Trumpton ‏@Trumpton_UKIP 26m26 minutes ago
Am beginning to think @UKIPNeath is a fake account, lets be careful out there x
Having followed the timeline I am absolutely certain UKIPNeath is a fake account.

Some of their stuff is genius.
Release the Guardvarks.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Someone asked earlier what Philip Davies had been up - Well, he's been up to this
A Tory MP actually said this about books in prisons
(You have to scroll down, page just looks blank when you land)

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/a ... lkNwHMQMFl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Someone asked earlier what Philip Davies had been up - Well, he's been up to this
A Tory MP actually said this about books in prisons
(You have to scroll down, page just looks blank when you land)

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/a ... lkNwHMQMFl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Thank you AAW. I knew it must have been something off the wall ... and it was, oh how it was.

Whatever possessed the people of Shipley to vote this guy in?

I sympathise with this poor woman BTL:
MargaretRHallid
4 hours ago
This man Philip Davis is my MP and I am very ashamed and deeply embarrassed by him. I have always thought he was an idiot now he has shown himself to be so, he clearly is out of his tiny little mind and this shows that to be the case. I didn't vote for him and never will vote for him, he is the worst MP Shipley has ever had, he does nothing for his constituents but show them up and embarrass them, roll on May 2015, I pray to God he will be voted out.
Working on the wild side.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Not sure if the latest episode of Universal Credit - The Movie(ing budget) has been posted?
Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP · 1 hr1 hour ago
You really couldn't make this @guardiannews story up.. "Universal credit: Treasury still to sign off business case" http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... iness-case" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

UKIP & Question Time in graphics

"I could tie all these graphs together with an article, but I think I’ll just do a bit of annotating and let the graphics tell the story.
[NB: You can click on any of these images to get a (much) larger version]
I’ve now updated this first graph so that it remains relevant, while still telling the story of the incredible amount of UKIP focus that existed before they had a single elected Member of Parliament:"

http://soylentdave.com/2014/10/ukip-que ... -graphics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Flippin good job David is not leader, the headline would be all about him rather than just a sub head.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

AngryAsWell wrote:Flippin good job David is not leader, the headline would be all about him rather than just a sub head.
"Red Ed's brother"?

He was Foreign Secretary FFS!

Relegating him to someone's brother just to get a snide dig at Labour is pathetic. But not surprising.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Wow! Talk about (temporarily) losing control of the audience! Watch QT. You will hate it and love it!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

LadyCentauria wrote:Wow! Talk about (temporarily) losing control of the audience! Watch QT. You will hate it and love it!
Should add: in a question on immigration, a guy in the audience was defending Farage and UKIP and got into a row with a fuming woman in the audience – and someone has just told another one that they are the rudest person they have ever met...

(Edits, to add the above, then to correct typo)

... and another edit to say I just noticed I must have hit Quote instead of Edit...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AngryAsWell wrote:Not sure if the latest episode of Universal Credit - The Movie(ing budget) has been posted?
Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP · 1 hr1 hour ago
You really couldn't make this @guardiannews story up.. "Universal credit: Treasury still to sign off business case" http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... iness-case" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
So call for IDS resignation? Or do they want him to stay?
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Haven't seen it myself, but it seems people are comparing David Dimbleby's chairmanship of Question Time to this:

TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

QT really is bollocks, and Dimbleby still managed to slag Ed off for no obvious reason.

Brand just comes over as an ignorant kid, opening mouth without ever engaging brain. Farage was slippery as hell on the NHS. He wouldn't say UKIP had dropped the idea of paying insurance for the NHS, just that they would campaign in the manifesto for an end to private involvement in the NHS. Mordant was clearly quite a bright lady and not entirely evil but looked utterly intimidated by the audience, plus as she blathered on it must have been increasingly obvious to her that every policy she was defending was indefensible. Fundamentally reduced to utter incoherence by her policy platform.

Creagh was pretty impressive, quite hard edged. I would suggest dumping Harmann and running Creagh up front and centre in the election campaign.

If QT audience attitudes are in any way reflective of the country (which they aren't) the government is toast. Not sure what they will be replaced with, but they are not getting back in.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Nothing like LibLabCon.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Yougov

Labour 34 %
Tory 32
UKIP 14
Green 7
LD 7
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges · 35m 35 minutes ago
Only one thing from that QT anyone will take home. Pound Shop Enoch Powell.
Have to agree with him there - again. Eeeek, that's twice in a month now.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:QT really is bollocks, and Dimbleby still managed to slag Ed off for no obvious reason.

Brand just comes over as an ignorant kid, opening mouth without ever engaging brain. Farage was slippery as hell on the NHS. He wouldn't say UKIP had dropped the idea of paying insurance for the NHS, just that they would campaign in the manifesto for an end to private involvement in the NHS. Mordant was clearly quite a bright lady and not entirely evil but looked utterly intimidated by the audience, plus as she blathered on it must have been increasingly obvious to her that every policy she was defending was indefensible. Fundamentally reduced to utter incoherence by her policy platform.

Creagh was pretty impressive, quite hard edged. I would suggest dumping Harmann and running Creagh up front and centre in the election campaign.

If QT audience attitudes are in any way reflective of the country (which they aren't) the government is toast. Not sure what they will be replaced with, but they are not getting back in.
Creagh is very very good. She was superb as shadow Defra secretary - always on top of the brief, getting to the real nub of the issues and fighting the right points.

We went to see our local bank manager today (stick with me) - and during our business chat she surprised us both by saying she thought the country was crying out for a change of government ....? Clearly not impressed with what we've got. She then also let slip that they no longer employ any pensions advisors because the products aren't worth people buying them and there's no market ... Not what I was expecting at all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Just watching This Week...a tad delayed...and saw Daine Abbott trying to defend Miliband by saying he is an economist - he read PPE.

Diane, he's got an MSc in Economics - a bit more than just part of a PPE.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

RogerOThornhill wrote:Just watching This Week...a tad delayed...and saw Daine Abbott trying to defend Miliband by saying he is an economist - he read PPE.

Diane, he's got an MSc in Economics - a bit more than just part of a PPE.
He also ran a lecture course on the subject at a top American university.

Still she tried hard with limited ability.
Release the Guardvarks.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Toby Latimer wrote:UK General Election Countdown Clock ;)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to ... &year=2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't know whether or not anyone has posted this (I'm reading the day's posts slowly!) but there is an embed-able countdown clock here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/clocks/freecountdown.html
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:just wanted to add. Some people are evil and deserve to be locked up forever. But that doesn't mean to say we have to be inhuman in our 'care' of them.
Unless they are Tory politicians in which case anything goes. Frankly IDS deserves the very worst treatment that can be devised.

We are talking the full Cross Roads, every episode back to back.
Or the High Chaparral episode called Threshold of Fear... but without the happy(ish) ending :fight:
http://www.thehighchaparral.com/ep128.htm