Friday 12th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
new,improved yahyah
Backbencher

Re: Friday 12th December 2014

Post by new,improved yahyah »

I don't know why it came out twice !
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lib Dem MP Stephen Lloyd resigns as minister's aide
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-30450223
‏@BBCPolitics
Liberal Democrat MP Stephen Lloyd quits as a ministerial aide, saying he has been "let down" over transport... http://bbc.in/1xasFFn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brian Burnett ‏@Brian00081 20m20 minutes ago
@BBCPolitics Another LibDem who's terrified of losing his seat and wants to get his punch in first.

Atticus Beaterband ‏@AtticusBakelite 20m20 minutes ago
@BBCPolitics He needs to man up. I'm constantly let down by transport, but you won't see me resigning. My company would go bust.

David ‏@davidge62 18m18 minutes ago
@BBCPolitics Defending a 3435 majority. Though I'm sure that has nothing to do with his 'principled decision' ;-)
Andy Slaughter MP ‏@hammersmithandy 8m8 minutes ago
At which point in the "Lib Dem resignation grid" does Simon Hughes resign on 'access to justice' grounds? " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The last days of the Cameron administration part 2: Failing Grayling
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/nick-cohen ... -grayling/
Utterly brilliant and searing stuff from Nick Cohen. Starts with:
Of all the reasons to wish this government gone, Chris Grayling is the largest.
and continues in similar first rate demolition mode.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

VIDEO: Chislehurst man who clashed with Russell Brand on BBC Question Time is UKIP MEP's brother
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11664 ... s_brother/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

Grim Squeaker

I owe you an apolgy from yesterday: Chelsea are indeed the first professional club to pay the Living Wage, Luton have merely applied for accreditation. Many kudos to your club.
Last edited by mbc1955 on Fri 12 Dec, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The truth ferret speaks!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Lib Dem MP Stephen Lloyd resigns as minister's aide
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-30450223
‏@BBCPolitics
Liberal Democrat MP Stephen Lloyd quits as a ministerial aide, saying he has been "let down" over transport... http://bbc.in/1xasFFn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brian Burnett ‏@Brian00081 20m20 minutes ago
@BBCPolitics Another LibDem who's terrified of losing his seat and wants to get his punch in first.

Atticus Beaterband ‏@AtticusBakelite 20m20 minutes ago
@BBCPolitics He needs to man up. I'm constantly let down by transport, but you won't see me resigning. My company would go bust.

David ‏@davidge62 18m18 minutes ago
@BBCPolitics Defending a 3435 majority. Though I'm sure that has nothing to do with his 'principled decision' ;-)
Andy Slaughter MP ‏@hammersmithandy 8m8 minutes ago
At which point in the "Lib Dem resignation grid" does Simon Hughes resign on 'access to justice' grounds? " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Lloyd put women and children in his constituency at risk by fighting a populist battle against changes to maternity services which were needed to ensure they could continue safely. He managed to retain all the services before the last election, but since then they have had to close one unit as an emergency, and held a consultation on plans to permanently reduce the number of sites the service operates from. All Lloyd's bluster won't change it back. Like Helen Grant in Maidstone, he pretty much failed on the basis he was elected in 2010 (though frankly it's a good job he did because his position was wrong-headed).

The thing that ticks me off most about the LibDems is that there's no suggestion whatsoever that they will break the coalition. All the public disagreement counts for absolutely nothing when they continue to stick with the Tories in government. Do they think we won't notice?
It's very hard to know what they think ... they appear to have a leadership that is doing it's own thing regardless of anyone else in the party. According to a couple of articles I read yesterday the 'senior' Lib Dems are clearly positioning themselves for another coalition with the Tories after the election ... all the bluster re differentiating themselves from the Tories is just that ... they are, apparently, prepared to go into coalition with the Tories even if they don't have as many seats as Labour but have a greater number of votes. Custard tarts to them.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I'm sort of pining for the old, deteriorating, yahyah.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

The twitter storm #ToriesMustGo has started if anyone want to join in
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Interesting post from Mike Smithson
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 18.10.26.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 18.10.26.png (197.9 KiB) Viewed 18571 times
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

new,improved yahyah wrote:1,2,3...testing.

Had problems after my husband did some computer fixes for me.

Have had to re-register as FTN wouldn't send me a 'forgot my password' email fix.

So now am 'new, improved yahyah' user name.
Sent you a PM.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The UK Statistics Authority has ruled that monthly Government construction output figures cannot be trusted.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/home/blo ... 07362.blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The watchdog has now decided that construction figures can no longer be designated as National Statistics following concerns over how the numbers are put together.

The monthly construction output numbers are seen by many as an important indicator of the industry’s health.

But recent figures have contained wild swings and the UK Statistics Authority has now ruled that construction numbers do not meet the criteria to be considered as National Statistics.

The authority said it has “decided to discontinue the designation of Construction Output and New Orders as National Statistics.”
http://www.constructionenquirer.com/201 ... ion-stats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by citizenJA on Fri 12 Dec, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks Dan !
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

"A total distortion": Andy Burnham hits out at Nick Clegg's claims about Labour's NHS record
The shadow health secretary responds to the Deputy Prime Minister's attack on him during PMQs over "privatising" Hinchingbrooke Hospital.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... nhs-record
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Thanks Dan !
Very good to see you back in the old unimproved format yahyah. Thank you from me as well Dan.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Aaaaannnd .... back in the room! :clap:

@MBC, no apology necessary. If Luton have also applied for accreditation that has to be commended just as much. Personally I'm trying to work out how John Terry will manage on £9.15 an hour ..... ;)
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Bit more on the refusal to allow spouses / relatives to join their British husband / wife if they don't earn at least £18,600 per annum ...
Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 4h4 hours ago
Again, the most awful story (that affects thousands) in British media today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-30439592" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … pic.twitter.com/64YCmFWYxs

Kerry McCarthy MP ‏@KerryMP 3h3 hours ago
@sunny_hundal I had a debate on it a year or two ago, and went to see Minister. As you say, many families affected.

Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 3h3 hours ago
@KerryMP Does Labour have a policy on this...? *hopeful look*

Ash McGregor ‏@ashmcgregor 2h2 hours ago
@sunny_hundal only thing I know is that @DavidHansonMP committed a Labour govt to review family immigration rules few months ago @kerrymp

Kerry McCarthy MP ‏@KerryMP 52m52 minutes ago
@ashmcgregor @sunny_hundal @DavidHansonMP yes, that's all I know too.

David Hanson ‏@DavidHansonMP 7m7 minutes ago
@KerryMP @ashmcgregor @sunny_hundal I will review the rules if labour is elected as its clear the £18600 figure is too high
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

seeingclearly wrote:

Thank you all for your kind replies. I've been very independent minded and probably a bit stupid. I was eligible for help as long as five years ago but thought I knew best. Then the cuts happened. I'm lucky because I came in a few months of the right side of being able to retire at sixty.

I've waited nearly two years for treatment that has not materialised and which I hoped would improve matters. It didn't, and things aren't too salubrious a Chez Clearly. I'm in a terrible pickle. It's taken a lot to admit it. I'm due to go home in Feb for several weeks, so it means finding not just help for now but a wheelchair too. All very daunting, I've no idea how timid or fragile people would negotiate this stuff, and it's particularly difficult if there's no partner or family around to help.

Your help is so appreciated. :hug:

Where do you live, SC?

If you're anywhere near the Welsh borders, we could come round and do a blitz on the housekeeping.
I am absolutely serious - I've done it before for friends in a pickle.

I'm not that well, but it's all a bit low-grade, really. I can still do quite a lot when I put my mind to it (on a good day - don't tell DWP)
I've developed this floor-cleaning technique that involves no bending and wearing rubber sandals with sponges on (don't laugh, it works)

It's bit like StrictlyComeSwabbingOnIce and Showmaster screams OhMyGodShe'sCleaningAgainGetMeOutOfHere.

Of course, this is what you paid your taxes for - so wherever you are, get someone to see you and see your home and do a proper assessment. You're going to need some help and possibly some adaptations to your home to make it work for you.

I don't know where you are now, but your post reads as if you're not at home? If you're in a care institution or hospital, you should ask for a home assessment with a Physio or an OT - they can help to get the things you're going to need.

AgeUK has some good stuff on how to get disability equipment - the advice is good even if you're still 21.
There are certain types of equipment that the state must provide free of charge - but you will probably need a care assessment
The NHS runs wheelchair centres, some have a voucher system; if you are assessed as in need of a wheelchair, you will be entitled to have one free. The centres that operate the voucher system let you use the cash to choose what you want; otherwise, you get a chair as available, and in some places that might be something very basic. If you qualify for a chair, you may also qualify for aids like special loo seats and a hoist for the bath.

See - http://www.ageuk.org.uk/documents/en-gb ... _equipment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

Posting live from Any Questions. No Natalie Bennet, replaced by Polly Toynbee
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Apologies if we've gone a bit flaky just now. Trying to get a countdown timer to work and it just isn't having any of it! :wall:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

DonutHingeParty wrote:Posting live from Any Questions. No Natalie Bennet, replaced by Polly Toynbee
Oooh, our very own live blogger ... we are going well up in the world. Any idea why Bennett had to cry off?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Welcome back!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Bit more on the refusal to allow spouses / relatives to join their British husband / wife if they don't earn at least £18,600 per annum ...
Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 4h4 hours ago
Again, the most awful story (that affects thousands) in British media today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-30439592" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … pic.twitter.com/64YCmFWYxs

Kerry McCarthy MP ‏@KerryMP 3h3 hours ago
@sunny_hundal I had a debate on it a year or two ago, and went to see Minister. As you say, many families affected.

Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 3h3 hours ago
@KerryMP Does Labour have a policy on this...? *hopeful look*

Ash McGregor ‏@ashmcgregor 2h2 hours ago
@sunny_hundal only thing I know is that @DavidHansonMP committed a Labour govt to review family immigration rules few months ago @kerrymp

Kerry McCarthy MP ‏@KerryMP 52m52 minutes ago
@ashmcgregor @sunny_hundal @DavidHansonMP yes, that's all I know too.

David Hanson ‏@DavidHansonMP 7m7 minutes ago
@KerryMP @ashmcgregor @sunny_hundal I will review the rules if labour is elected as its clear the £18600 figure is too high
Thank you! Sanity, that's all I ask, sanity.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Everyone re-fresh and go to the top of the page!!!!
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

And again, apologies for any glitches while I was getting that working.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

refitman wrote:Everyone re-fresh and go to the top of the page!!!!
What a star you are.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Pregnant and sanctioned just in time for christmas… Sanctioned and frozen to death….The latest news from Ashton Under Lyne Jobcentre.
http://thepoorsideoflife.wordpress.com/ ... jobcentre/
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

refitman wrote:Everyone re-fresh and go to the top of the page!!!!
That's brilliant! Well done you with hugs and thanks :) x

:hug:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Cool!
JustMom
Committee Member

Post by JustMom »

Love it !
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

DHP: Any chance you could give the following a slap please, (feel free to say it's from me):
Dimbleby, Browne, Rees-Mogg.

Thanks in anticipation.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Nice work Dan! :clap: :dance: :rock:
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

So that utterly disgusting clip I posted yesterday was from the Sun. Gutter is way above them.
Nick Davies retweeted
London Labour @LondonLabour · 22h 22 hours ago
We're immensely proud of Emily Brothers. We hope the @TheSunNewspaper apologise for these vile comments today.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

frightful_oik wrote:DHP: Any chance you could give the following a slap please, (feel free to say it's from me):
Dimbleby, Browne, Rees-Mogg.

Thanks in anticipation.
And another one all round from me, please - a little bit harder than the first.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:So that utterly disgusting clip I posted yesterday was from the Sun. Gutter is way above them.
Nick Davies retweeted
We're immensely proud of Emily Brothers. We hope the @TheSunNewspaper apologise for these vile comments today.
You will be unsurprised to hear it was Rod Liddle that wrote it. There is a change.org petition demanding David Dinsmore apologise: https://www.change.org/p/david-dinsmore ... r=21035108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

refitman wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:So that utterly disgusting clip I posted yesterday was from the Sun. Gutter is way above them.
Nick Davies retweeted
You will be unsurprised to hear it was Rod Liddle that wrote it. There is a change.org petition demanding David Dinsmore apologise: https://www.change.org/p/david-dinsmore ... r=21035108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Signed.

No, I'm not surprised it was Rod Liddle.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

citizenJA wrote:@ErnstRemarx -

I didn't post from Miliband's latest speech to make a joke or embarrass you & apologies if I've done it badly.
I admire what you do. Miliband had you in mind when he gave his speech.

"It's only what any of you would have done in the circumstances."
- ErnstRmarx - 12 December 2014

I think that too. Most of us would go far to help people in our communities.
xx
JA
JA - no worries, I'm hardly a poster boy for the next Labour government (I suspect I'm far too left wing for that!) and apologies aren't needed, if anything I suppose I was a little flattered!

I'm here to help people in my ward - specifically - and the people of the borough - in general. I hope to be able to do this until at least May 2016 (the date of my probable non-re-election), and if I'm lucky, beyond that.

To anyone who's reading this, I'd say, go for election if you can. Being a councillor is absolutely fascinating work; my Planning days/evenings are great, even if you have to occasionally meet up with pitchforks and torches from disgruntled natives. It's worthwhile work and you get to rub shoulders with very interesting people indeed.

Just put yourself forward, chuck yerself in and enjoy it.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Jeez, look at Jules Stenson who pleaded guilty to ordering phone hacking.

What an arsehole.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/n ... 662641.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Beth Rigby retweeted
FT Westminster @ftwestminster · 3h 3 hours ago
David Miliband hints of political return http://on.ft.com/1xavbvm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh FFS. Just when we thought we could relax a bit before Xmas ....

I'm locked out of my FT account at present - so if anyone else can take a look and let us know if it is a fantasy built on a tiny shred of a phrase taken totally out of context and bearing no relation to the intended meaning at all - or if there might be a little bit of substance to it. Perhaps he winked at someone, who knows. Ta.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

That Stenson bloke is lying all the way.

The "hundred Observer journalists" who had used Steve Whittamore is a lie. It's a hundred (and three) transactions commissioned by the Observer.

Off to jail with this scumbag.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Beth Rigby retweeted
David Miliband hints of political return http://on.ft.com/1xavbvm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm locked out of my FT account at present - so if anyone else can take a look and let us know if it is a fantasy built on a tiny shred of a phrase taken totally out of context and bearing no relation to the intended meaning at all - or if there might be a little bit of substance to it. Perhaps he winked at someone, who knows. Ta.
Nothing there really. Sounds like he's talking more about an EU referendum.
He added: “Tony Blair and John Major have said that they wish they’d done their post-premiership jobs before they became prime minister.” Asked if he saw his current role as a possible pre-premiership job, he joked: “That’s not the way I conceived it.”
While Mr Miliband’s words were characteristically carefully chosen, he spoke expansively about his frustration at the debate over Britain’s role in Europe. Mr Miliband said: “Those on the pro-British, as I call it, pro-European side of the argument have got to make the case that we get far more from being at the table than shouting with a loudhailer outside the room.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Beth Rigby retweeted

He added: “Tony Blair and John Major have said that they wish they’d done their post-premiership jobs before they became prime minister.” Asked if he saw his current role as a possible pre-premiership job, he joked: “That’s not the way I conceived it.”
While Mr Miliband’s words were characteristically carefully chosen, he spoke expansively about his frustration at the debate over Britain’s role in Europe. Mr Miliband said: “Those on the pro-British, as I call it, pro-European side of the argument have got to make the case that we get far more from being at the table than shouting with a loudhailer outside the room.
Thank you Tubby. As I thought - it really is nothing to see here - all froth and no coffee.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:The twitter storm #ToriesMustGo has started if anyone want to join in
Stand down - As you were...
Gone to soon, its 6pm tomorrow night not tonight....
:smack:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Have you seen this gem yet Tubby?
The Blob gobbled up Michael Gove – now it’s coming for David Cameron
The Prime Minister treats school reform like a dirty secret, but it is by far his greatest triumph, writes Fraser Nelson

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/11 ... meron.html
...Next, the Blob is getting better at attacking prominent good schools and those who run them. Take Inspiration Trust, a Norfolk-based group with a track record of turning around failing schools. It has faced the usual onslaught (lawsuits from unions over​ what appear to be​ tiny points) and has now been dragged into something of a spurious row about having advance notice of Ofsted inspections. Under Gove, schools being attacked by the Blob would be given covering fire from the Department for Education. But now, this is not forthcoming. Cameron’s government seems to be retreating.This week Mrs Morgan made a speech about careers advice – a subject that Gove banned his officials from discussing. Whitehall is dreadful at planning careers advice, he argued, as previous failed experiments show. Teachers should be trusted to arrange things as they see fit. But now, the careers agenda is back – a sign, for those with an eye to see it, that the Blob is back in charge. Gove won a battle or two – but the Blob is winning the war, as it was always going to...
Has Fraser Nelson always been this ardent an adversary of the 'Blob' - or could he have been leant on to write this piece by someone who is no longer able to spout this stuff themselves, or get their twitter acolytes to do so ....? Whatever - it reads as pretty nasty stuff - right back in the style of the former Education Secretary.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Pregnant and sanctioned just in time for christmas… Sanctioned and frozen to death….The latest news from Ashton Under Lyne Jobcentre.
http://thepoorsideoflife.wordpress.com/ ... jobcentre/
I noted the following:
And what do the Job Centre staff say? “We are only following orders.”
I once lived in a country where we spent more than 60 years using this as a staple phrase for mocking a totalitarian state of the 1930s and 1940s...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

citizenJA wrote:
MorganLlan wrote:
HindleA wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-30439592

"Man to be deported because wife's salary too low"

I think I mentioned that I worked for a short period last year in the Home Office in family migration. It is now over a year since I left and my recollection is a little hazy. However I am rather surprised that deportation is being mentioned. Just to be clear, I think the new Teresa Kitten Heels legislation of 2012 which requires a higher income for applicants seeking to remain as a spouse or partner are draconian and wrong. But there are other avenues, and caseworkers should look at the other circumstances too.

In this case the applicant has failed under the spouse route as they do not meet the income requirement. The applicant should then go on to look at the case under HRA Article 8 - the right to family life and the right to private life, which is set out in Appendix FM and paragraph 276 of the rules respectively. Even if the applicant fails under appendix FM and the exceptions paragraph (EX1) as a partner (which does not consider income but whether there is a genuine and subsisting relationship with a partner who is British, the caseworker should also go on to consider if the applicant has a parental relationship with a child who is a British citizen.

A simple explanation of the rules with regard to the right to family and private life can be found here.

http://www.novellslegals.co.uk/5-new-po ... les-hc395/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Generally it is accepted that it is not reasonable to expect a child who is a British citizen to leave the UK and deporting the child's father would infringe both his and the child's right to family life.

It is possible that the gentleman has made his application under the spouse rules, and has been refused as he did not meet the spousal income requirement. The caseworker should have then looked at the human rights aspect including children. It is possible that the child was not born at the time of the application - given that in early 2013 the applications I was dealing were were in some
cases a year old so by the time a decision was given in his application as a spouse, the family circumstances were changed and he was also now a father.

I suspect that a new application under the rules for family life as a parent would be successful, and would then put him on the 10 year route to settlement, with leave to remain being granted for an initial 2 and half years. Provided his circumstances did not change, (the relationship with the child was continuing at the time of any future applications) leave would then probably continue to be granted. But until a fresh application (of any kind) is made, he would be liable to commencement of deportation notice.
From the article link -
The couple were told of the immigration tribunal's ruling after they had appealed on the grounds of a right to family life.
Right to family life is no longer sufficient.
This is an awful and appalling state of affairs :o That things have come to such a pass :(
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Oh FFS. Just when we thought we could relax a bit before Xmas ....

Thank you Tubby. As I thought - it really is nothing to see here - all froth and no coffee.
Let's face it David Miliband has less chance of a political comeback than Louise Mensch.

For a start he is in the wrong country, secondly he doesn't have a seat.

If Ed were, god forbid, to lose the election David wouldn't be an MP and he couldn't stand as a candidate. I doubt even Danczuk would be prepared to spend more time with his Deli to let him back in.

Frankly to me Labour's best options are Andy Burnham and Mary Creagh. Yvette Cooper should have stood last time, she might have won. Her stock has been steadily heading south, an example of a good minister but a hopeless shadow minister. However Ed Miliband is the man in possession and I hope he will serve at least 3 full terms as PM before handing over to a successor.

David is yesterday's man.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Take Inspiration Trust, a Norfolk-based group with a track record of turning around failing schools. It has faced the usual onslaught (lawsuits from unions over​ what appear to be​ tiny points) and has now been dragged into something of a spurious row about having advance notice of Ofsted inspections.
What?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Take Inspiration Trust, a Norfolk-based group with a track record of turning around failing schools. It has faced the usual onslaught (lawsuits from unions over​ what appear to be​ tiny points) and has now been dragged into something of a spurious row about having advance notice of Ofsted inspections.
What?
Quite Tubby. This is why I asked if you had seen it. It's quite an article. And I don't usually associate Fraser Nelson with this kind of stuff ...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
What?
Quite Tubby. This is why I asked if you had seen it. It's quite an article. And I don't usually associate Fraser Nelson with this kind of stuff ...
Oh, he's done this sort of "Gosh, isn't Michael Gove wonderful" before.

I pointed out his ignorance further down BTL since he appears not to know that ARK were opening new schools before 2010...they just weren't called Free Schools, which is why you have the oddity of them having both new academies and new free schools. It depends on how you apply - which is a nonsense really.

If you remember I wrote about this a while back.

http://flythenest.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

RobertSnozers wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote: Let's face it David Miliband has less chance of a political comeback than Louise Mensch.

For a start he is in the wrong country, secondly he doesn't have a seat.

If Ed were, god forbid, to lose the election David wouldn't be an MP and he couldn't stand as a candidate. I doubt even Danczuk would be prepared to spend more time with his Deli to let him back in.

Frankly to me Labour's best options are Andy Burnham and Mary Creagh. Yvette Cooper should have stood last time, she might have won. Her stock has been steadily heading south, an example of a good minister but a hopeless shadow minister. However Ed Miliband is the man in possession and I hope he will serve at least 3 full terms as PM before handing over to a successor.

David is yesterday's man.
I didn't think Cooper wanted to run against Ed Balls. Next time it might be a different matter as Balls must be pretty convinced his leadership hopes are over, but I think the world might well have moved on by next time, following a successful Ed M premiership.

She should have told Ed B back then he had no chance. Presumably she didn't want the gig. I can't see she has done enough to have a chance next year, but oddly if she makes government in 2015 she might re-establish herself as a big hitter.
Release the Guardvarks.