Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th December 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th December 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th December 2022

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon to everyone.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

From AK yesterday :
I expect Labour to again be the clear challengers next time, though the proposed boundary changes make it safer for the Tories on paper at least.
I'm surprised by this take. The current NE Somerset constituency is like a tailor made safe Tory seat, taking in true blue Tory rural villages surrounding Bath in a doughnut shape . The proposed changes would swap this for a chunk of Bristol. A Tory leaning chunk, perhaps, but I suspect it will be far more mixed than the hard-core Tory areas he's losing.
Anyway, there's the whole Brexit no longer being a factor and his being an enormous twat to throw into the mix so I think it not unreasonable to be hopeful he'll be ousted :)
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

IF JRM is ousted there will be much joy in this bit of Normandy :-)

Breathing clean air is a next step up from having clean water to drink --

3M scientists: This Corsi-Rosenthal box movement is legit
Feb 24, 2022
What can you build with duct tape, air filters, and a box fan?

This might sound like the set up for a dad joke, but according to new insights from 3M, the answer is less of a punchline and more a breath of fresh air: Corsi-Rosenthal boxes.

What is a Corsi-Rosenthal box?

The box is a do-it-yourself air filtration device that is an alternative to traditional air purifiers on the market. It was popularized by an indoor air quality researcher and an air filtration expert in the summer of 2020 and designed to help reduce the number of virus-laden aerosol particles in indoor settings.

The design is straightforward. You need one box fan, four high-quality air filters, duct tape and some cut-out cardboard. Most boxes can be constructed in less than 45 minutes with materials costing about $80 to $100."

https://news.3m.com/2022-02-24-3M-scien ... t-is-legit

-----------------------------------------------------

My clever dentist began with ozone-purifiers after the first 2020 lockdown and is now into HEPA filters .

--------------------------------------------------------

Full marks to this man --

--------------------------------------------------------

If infection was good for children they wouldn't have any vaccinations at all, would they ? :-)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Willow904 wrote: Sat 17 Dec, 2022 6:24 pm From AK yesterday :
I expect Labour to again be the clear challengers next time, though the proposed boundary changes make it safer for the Tories on paper at least.
I'm surprised by this take. The current NE Somerset constituency is like a tailor made safe Tory seat, taking in true blue Tory rural villages surrounding Bath in a doughnut shape . The proposed changes would swap this for a chunk of Bristol. A Tory leaning chunk, perhaps, but I suspect it will be far more mixed than the hard-core Tory areas he's losing.
Anyway, there's the whole Brexit no longer being a factor and his being an enormous twat to throw into the mix so I think it not unreasonable to be hopeful he'll be ousted :)
Yes, but those "Bristol suburbs" were strongly pro-Tory *last* time, so JRM's notional majority slightly goes up overall. They are, however, rather "swingy" areas so Labour certainly shouldn't be written off if they have a big win overall.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

A Long Listen, but very worthwhile if you have the time ...
(anything by Fiona Hill too)

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

It's melting !

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh look, all the bigots are shacked up together

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Ah, how utterly shocking. Not.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Labour, the party of the strike breakers?

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Did he really say that? The tweeter in question is one of THE biggest cranks alive.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 18 Dec, 2022 5:29 pm Did he really say that? The tweeter in question is one of THE biggest cranks alive.
"We're left with no choice, so yes, we do support that [bringing the army in]" That is a direct quote of Stephen 'Twat' Kinnock.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh, and JRC has more integrity that the whole of the Labour shadow cabinet combined.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well you will at least know I have never been a fan of Stephen "Work, Family, Community, Country" Kinnock and that is re-confirmed.

But you do know that the person in question tweets "do not vote Labour" several times a day every day, right? Which would be weird enough in "normal" times, but in a climate when literally every sane normal person just wants the Tories out of power......
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 18 Dec, 2022 7:47 pm Well you will at least know I have never been a fan of Stephen "Work, Family, Community, Country" Kinnock and that is re-confirmed.

But you do know that the person in question tweets "do not vote Labour" several times a day every day, right? Which would be weird enough in "normal" times, but in a climate when literally every sane normal person just wants the Tories out of power......
Other than them not being the Tories, what good reasons are there to vote Labour at the moment? They don't seem to be advocating anything for the workers, for the poor, for immigrants, for business, for any minority except a specific one or the LGBT community.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Twitter's new policy is wild (not in a good way)

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman wrote: Sun 18 Dec, 2022 9:15 pm Twitter's new policy is wild (not in a good way)

Hmmmmm

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Anyway, it was a better WC final than Qatar deserved.

Though their despot and the egregious Infantino getting in on the final act rather summed things up as well.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

That was the best World Cup final I believe anyone's seen in living memory.

The Argentinians deserved their victory but congratulations to France for being absolutely shit for 80 minutes then somehow going from national embarrassment to making a game of it.

And what have the Qatari's got out of it? Increased scrutiny and criticism. They're not happy apparently. Even with Beckham. All that money spent and we still think they're cunts.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Sun 18 Dec, 2022 8:33 pm Other than them not being the Tories, what good reasons are there to vote Labour at the moment?
My friend who has been a member of Labour all his adult life, like his Father and Mother before him, came round to watch the final and afterwards the talk turned drunkenly to politics and I was frankly shocked to hear him say that at the moment he'd probably vote Green. Like myself he could hardly be described as being on the far left, neither of us were enthusiastic about Corbyn but voted Labour anyway, but we've both reached the end of our tethers.

And for the same reason. Because under Starmer Labour are increasingly pandering to the kind of people we wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Oh, I don't doubt there is a lot of that sort of chatter going on. But do you know what else is true?

The vast majority of you WILL end up voting Labour on the day - because the prospect of another 5 years of Tory rule will literally make you physically sick.

And what's more, Starmer knows this - he has you over the proverbial barrel. And deep down, you know it too.

Now the likes of Sky and refitman probably won't like this post, as with a few of my contributions. But let's see if I'm actually right, eh.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As for Musk, he's a boring clown. Compare him to the likes of Peter Thiel who he was with at PayPal and he looks like an amateur.

These people believe in a libertarian utopian fantasy where they are the heroes saving humanity through the use of technology. They explicitly do not believe in democracy and they don't believe in a free press. Thiel has openly said these things whereas Musk until now has been a little more circumspect.

One of these people is trashing a social media platform while making a fool of himself.

The other is buying up companies that provide services for the NHS while bidding to run the operating system for the entire NHS giving him access to all our health data.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 18 Dec, 2022 11:18 pm Oh, I don't doubt there is a lot of that sort of chatter going on. But do you know what else is true?

The vast majority of you WILL end up voting Labour on the day - because the prospect of another 5 years of Tory rule will literally make you physically sick.

And what's more, Starmer knows this - he has you over the proverbial barrel. And deep down, you know it too.

Now the likes of Sky and refitman probably won't like this post, as with a few of my contributions. But let's see if I'm actually right, eh.
Well I had the shits tonight after making a cream and blue cheese sauce then drinking red wine straight after so gastric expulsions hold no fear for me.

Deep down I know I'll never vote for someone pandering to the dregs of humanity at the expense of good people.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

We will see, that's all I will say.

And let's not forget that Starmer - rather like Biden - *will* make an effort to unveil some positive proposals as the election gets closer.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 19 Dec, 2022 12:33 am We will see, that's all I will say.

And let's not forget that Starmer - rather like Biden - *will* make an effort to unveil some positive proposals as the election gets closer.
Please keep saying stuff AK, we're cool.