Tuesday 20th December 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 20th December 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 20th December 2022

Post by refitman »

Well, this is no way to start the day

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I was laughing too much to continue and read the article —

” Tory MP Jonathan Gullis attacks bishops for ‘using the pulpit to preach from’ “
Stoke-on-Trent MP told to ‘look up the meaning of Bishop in the dictionary’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 48192.html
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Thanks PF.

And good morning, good to see you.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@gilsey

Hope all's well.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

refitman wrote: Tue 20 Dec, 2022 7:57 am Well, this is no way to start the day
The sad news actually broke last night.

Ghost Town remains one of the best things done by anybody ever.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Posting this for the chart --

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

" Today was the worst shift I've ever had in the ambulance service.

The entire system has collapsed. We're no longer practicing emergency medicine. We're just desperately trying to put out fires & triage the sickest patients but it's just not enough.
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of emergency calls in the stack with no resources to send.

This is true up and down the country. People are dying waiting for ambulances as we queue outside ED's, themselves in crisis & experiencing critical incidents.
We queue with sick patients. Patients so sick, that years ago, would have been immediately seen in Resus.

Now however, they are looked after in the backs of ambulances, or in corridors, or cohorting areas.
We watch these patients deteriorating, sometimes dying in front of us, desperately trying to help them but powerless as the system is so utterly broken that there is simply no space, no bed, no doctor that isn't already treating someone equally as sick.
We queue outside ED for entire shifts. We finish hours late, often having had no break, no sustenance aside from a hastily snatched hospital biscuit & maybe a cup of water from the cooler.
We queue & our radio's sound constantly, with general broadcasts for Category 1 patients, from dispatchers & control staff equally desperate, trying to find anyone that can respond.

Except there is no one. There is no available resource to respond.
Patients, relatives, loved ones are desperately calling 999 begging for help as their world crumbles around them & there is simply no one available to help.

We're stretched to capacity & beyond.
I cannot stress enough how morally injurious it is to crews, ED staff and control staff to hear broadcast after broadcast of patients in cardiac arrest, with their family members desperately resuscitating them, knowing there is no available resource to send.
Being trained to help, surrounded by the kit to help, but being physically unable to help as you are stuck queuing outside equally broken Emergency Departments is soul destroying.

The NHS was the greatest healthcare system in the world, but it's utterly broken & has collapsed. "

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1604 ... 76576.html
• • •
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

And the government still thinks they can take on the health workers and win. Absolute madness.

(their voter base is mostly elderly these days as we all know, what public service do they most rely on?)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

THREAD !

After the GFC we compared the US 'authorities' reaction to the early Eighties Savings and Loan scandal --

Thousands of indictments, some JAIL .

Nowadays the UK govt is complicit FFS
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Looks like another Guardian FAIL if the article referred to is as presented here --

Available if you click on it ! :-)

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Polish TV

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Happy Astronaut Day

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

What did the Guardian say about Covid reinfections?

Following my festive tradition I just made my own early Christmas dinner and watched some anime*. It was your usual traditional turkey fare with a caramelised onion and port gravy which I have to admit was bloody good. Sometimes I amaze even myself. The accompanying wine was Tesco's finest Chateauneuf-Du-Pape reduced with a club card then paid for with vouchers.

Unfortunately the anime didn't live up to the food. I gave this a go based on its 95% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13651628/

Unfortunately it had a paper thin saccharine storyline and songs that sounded like Eurovision rejects. I'm man enough to admit that I felt myself welling up a couple of times against my will but heroically fought it off and any moisture that may have escaped my eyes was the result of an unrelated medical problem that just happened to manifest itself during the most emotional moments.

*I didn't speak to my parents for a few years so spent Christmas alone cooking for myself and watching anime. I enjoyed it so much I decided to keep it up when harmonious familial relations were restored.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Tue 20 Dec, 2022 10:20 pm Happy Astronaut Day
What is it about fascists and cars being blasted into space?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk ... a_Roadster
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

You know how I've slagged off my racist, Faragist, landlord?

He came round today and gave me a bottle of port and a Christmas cake. The port is good but the Christmas cake is a cheap one from Aldi which should keep the birds fed for a while.

We're quick to demonise those we don't agree with, and god knows I'm as bad as anyone else in that regard, but nobody is entirely without merit.

People can be good in some ways and absolute wankers in others.

What we need to do is invent some kind of technique whereby we encourage the good and punish the bad. Subjugate their free will basically. The human consciousness is eminently hackable. Our thought processes are surprisingly malleable. Stick a magnet on someone's head and they think they're in a room with god.

As good people it's up to us to stick magnets on people's heads and make them realise being a racist (or any other non cool opinion) will result in excruciating pain. It won't be pleasant but eventually we'll end up with the kind of harmonious society depicted in Science Fiction that never goes wrong.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

You'd think Musk would have thought of magnets rather than wasting 44 billion on a place I go to watch funny cat videos.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »