Monday 15th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 15th December 2014

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Ok From the Guardian Danczuk article.
And to do that we need to make big changes to the way immigration is currently managed. Beyond London high levels of immigration are having a big impact in terms of driving down wages, putting pressure on public services and damaging community cohesion. How can it be fair, for example, that Rochdale currently takes more asylum seekers than the whole of the south-east combined?

So I am glad Labour is making the issue of "controlling immigration fairly" a key part of our 2015 manifesto, as outlined by Ed Miliband today. After all, the Conservatives have completely failed on this subject. And for all Ukip's talk, when its small business spokesperson has his restaurant raided for employing illegal immigrants it is clear their bravura lacks substance.

So rather than move the conversation on, let's have a sensible discussion. Not a ridiculous rant blaming immigrants for traffic problems, as Nigel Farage suggests. Or daft posturing like the Conservatives, which puts stunts such as "go home" vans ahead of maintaining border agency staff. Voters want a party they can trust on immigration. And until we earn this trust then I fear many of Labour's best policies will fall on deaf ears.

Simon Danczuk is Labour MP for Rochdale
Who are you, and what have you done with the real Simon Danczuk?
Well quite. Most of that sounds quite positive and supportive. But you never know what he's going to say, when, and why ... certainly not somebody you'd want to rely on, consistency and motive both rather suspect. He's turned around from what I heard this morning.

He puts himself forward so often these days ... I have actually - in my wilder moments - wondered if it's all to promote the family delicatessen - which he tweets about all the time. Danczuk's Deli. No, surely not?
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mary Creagh MP ‏@marycreagh_mp 4m4 minutes ago
I'll be voting against government's changes to firefighters' pensions and backing @fbunational right now. Voting begins now. Result @ 6.28pm
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning all.

So the BBC choose to lead their on the hour headline segment re Miliband's speech on immigration with the line that 'A Labour strategy document advises not to discuss immigration ...'

Predictable I suppose but bloody annoying too. I'd like to know what the context is for such advice ... there can be sound reasons for moving a conversation on which aren't about a desire not to talk about immigration. And - this headline ignores the fact that Miliband and Labour are - in setting out their policies today - doing just that - talking about immigration.

Glad to see these comments:
George Eaton retweeted
Anoosh Chakelian @AnooshChakelian · 46m 46 minutes ago
Embarrassing to have its strategy leaked, but Labour's approach to immigration concerns is ultimately wise: http://bit.ly/1vQHEO1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

George Eaton @georgeeaton · 50m 50 minutes ago
As @AnooshChakelian says, Labour advice to move conversations with voters on from immigration if necessary is wise: http://bit.ly/1vQHEO1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That strategy document is only reinforcing what we've found on the doorstep anyway; despite the best efforts of the meeja immigration isn't the biggest concern for most people so, in my experience anyway, the sensible thing to do is talk past it if mentioned & get to the real heart of their concerns. As per usual lot of Westminster Village fuss about nothing ..... in fact so much fuss you have to wonder what little gem Lynton is trying to cover up this time.

The only time I hear about immigration is when I'm down the pub watching football, and the local pool players (who are unregenerate 'lads' with incredibly loud voices and no sense of when to drop the decibel level below about 105) arse on about it. I actually had one of them - and ManU fan - shake my hand yesterday and tell me he's a Labour voter (he wasn't part of the noise level, as it happens), but the rest of them (who now know I'm a local councillor) can be at best boisterous and at worst quite offensive. One guy was telling me that he paid too much in tax and he was going to vote UKIP. Good luck with that son.

Generally, if you approach people at the door as a Labour canvasser, you'll get a polite version of that person's thoughts. Catch them down the pub after a few beers and you'll find out their visceral feelings. Thankfully, most people, one to one, aren't ignorant and racist, they're simply uninformed (like the supposed UKIP voter above, who doesn't realise his tax bill would go up under UKIP). THe pub I was in yesterday - watching two rubbish teams playing badly against each other - has a landlord who's openly a kipper, but last week when I was in for a quick pint on a very quiet night (ie, just me and him) tried the "but immigration's too high, isn't it?" with me, presumably expecting an argument. I didn't give him one.

What I did was to posit the argument that if all employers obeyed the law, and if job agencies didn't actively seek out workers from countries with very low average wages, then there would be fewer migrant workers, which I presumed was the outcome he sought. I went onto neoliberal economics (kept very basic) and expanded on various other subjects, given that I was in the mood.

At the end, I shut up and looked at him, expecting him to comment. Nothing. But what I will say is that he looked extremely thoughtful as he went round tidying up. He's like most people: he's been fed bullshit most of his life and getting an alternative viewpoint from one of his customers who clearly isn't mad and who apparently can string an argument together is a very unsettling experience for him.

And that's what most people are like. And that's why I don't mind the rowdy lads in the pool team or the rough arsed brickies, chippies and sparks that come in and eff and jeffs the afternoon away - because when one of them asks me out of curiosity what I think and what I believe, usually well away from his mates, then I'll quietly go through my thinking, and because they know me a bit and trust me a bit, they'll listen like they never would at their front door.

And that's how, in the final analysis, you win elections if you're on the left.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:Ok From the Guardian Danczuk article.
And to do that we need to make big changes to the way immigration is currently managed. Beyond London high levels of immigration are having a big impact in terms of driving down wages, putting pressure on public services and damaging community cohesion. How can it be fair, for example, that Rochdale currently takes more asylum seekers than the whole of the south-east combined?

So I am glad Labour is making the issue of "controlling immigration fairly" a key part of our 2015 manifesto, as outlined by Ed Miliband today. After all, the Conservatives have completely failed on this subject. And for all Ukip's talk, when its small business spokesperson has his restaurant raided for employing illegal immigrants it is clear their bravura lacks substance.

So rather than move the conversation on, let's have a sensible discussion. Not a ridiculous rant blaming immigrants for traffic problems, as Nigel Farage suggests. Or daft posturing like the Conservatives, which puts stunts such as "go home" vans ahead of maintaining border agency staff. Voters want a party they can trust on immigration. And until we earn this trust then I fear many of Labour's best policies will fall on deaf ears.

Simon Danczuk is Labour MP for Rochdale
Who are you, and what have you done with the real Simon Danczuk?
Well quite. Most of that sounds quite positive and supportive. But you never know what he's going to say, when, and why ... certainly not somebody you'd want to rely on, consistency and motive both rather suspect. He's turned around from what I heard this morning.

He puts himself forward so often these days ... I have actually - in my wilder moments - wondered if it's all to promote the family delicatessen - which he tweets about all the time. Danczuk's Deli. No, surely not?
I guess he's just a character - you know? It's a regular thing in groups, especially a big group like the Labour party.

Danczuk is a character.

Sometimes too much is really more than enough, SD, thank you for straightening out your thoughts this evening.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sorry here's Danczuk again. But it's important - and he's been good on this issue.
Simon Danczuk ‏@SimonDanczuk 2m2 minutes ago
Good news the Home Secretary now accepts that #CSAinquiry must have statutory powers. Big step forwards.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Re PK she has been about on twitter,today.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Williamson ‏@ChriswMP 55s55 seconds ago
If the Lib Dems vote with Labour in the vote on firefighter pensions we will win. Big question is - will they?
I think we know the answer to that. Don't we?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks HA.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Williamson ‏@ChriswMP 3m3 minutes ago
Another shameful display by LibDems who've just failed to support firefighters & voted with their Tory masters. The vote was lost 261 to 313
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Another shameful display by LibDems who've just failed to support firefighters & voted with their Tory masters. The vote was lost 261 to 313
Are Labour promising to restore the pensions?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Wonder if Clegg used his old "the unions probably wrote that question" line?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The Independent View: Where Next for Royal Mail?
http://www.libdemvoice.org/the-independ ... 43773.html
Lib Dem stalwarts BTL give their suggestions and views on the universal postal delivery pledge ..... better you know what they'd like to do in advance though, eh?
Simon Shaw 15th Dec '14 - 6:02pm
I could never understand why very rural areas get the same 6 day a week deliveries as urban areas.

If villages to the North and West of (say) the Penrith Delivery Office got them on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and those to the South and East got them Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, I would have thought the inconvenience would be negligible and the savings significant.
(doesn't he give you a warm, fuzzy feeling all over with his goodwill to all tone ...?)
Delivering letters 6 times per week does seem like slightly overkill in the modern age, 90% of the stuff that comes through my door isn’t overly time critical. I’d consider moving to a once-per-week regular postal service using a cheaper second-class stamp for non-critical mail and a more expensive first-class stamp which would essentially act as a courier service.
Proof yet again that privatised services are always so much more efficient and great at giving the customer the best deal and a quality service .... my arse.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Are Labour promising to restore the pensions?
They want to find a different way of keeping within the agreed total spend without implementing the Tory/Lib Dem pension proposals - and have said they think it's achievable.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Evening all.

Interesting press release from Survation who have done a survey on behalf of Unite of the constituents of David Cameron and Jeremy Hunt and found that the number one issue is healthcare and that:

- 60%+ of those polled want the NHS protected from TTIP
- Just under 50% want TTIP vetoed by the UK if it's not protected

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e17 ... 380052f33f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Somebody should tell those Lib Dem commenters that such reductions in a rural postal service as they are suggesting would result in virtually no one turning up for a hospital appointment .... letters are the only way these are communicated and they already often arrive many days after the date they were written and with precious little time before the said appointment. It takes a while to sort arrangements out to visit a hospital that is a minimum of an hour and a quarter drive away - depending on what service you need, it could be further away mind.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Karl Turner MP ‏@KarlTurnerMP 42s42 seconds ago
Voted to support our firefighters. What ever happened to those @LibDemNews MPs that signed our motion? Where were they .@DonFosterMP?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Well, that has cheered me up after a rough day - just spotted that Havisham Hodges has blocked me on Twitter. If you can't take the heat Danny boy .....
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
mikems wrote:Sparrow whines :
Concentrating on questions from local people may appear laudable, but it’s a very foolish media management strategy, particularly if reporters have spent two and a half hours on a train to attend your event.

(Hacks are simple folk. Keep them happy, and they are more likely to write nice things about you. That’s the first rule of PR.)
Here's an idea Andrew. Do your bloody jobs properly without twisting everything into a lazy narrative frame and he may let you ask some questions. But in the meanwhile, is there any real point to journalists' so-called questions?

Edited to add : this media is never going to write 'nice things' about Miliband no matter what he does. And Sparrow must know this well enough. It's so infuriating. An irresponsible and unaccountable media whining at being treated as they deserve.
Well exactly. Absolutely certain the first question from a journo would have been about the "leak" rather than anything that actually affects real people.
And here was me thinking that journalism was about ... journalism.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

One for Roger if he hasn't see it already

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An amazing ancient mosaic just uncovered.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Boris Watch ‏@BorisWatch 4 hrs4 hours ago Hounslow, London
@Tubby_Isaacs I suspect the Lobby (self-selecting, mainly male, mostly wankers) is shitting themselves he might get in
re journalists not getting chance to ask same questions as every time and having to go Yarmouth.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Spacedone wrote:Evening all.

Interesting press release from Survation who have done a survey on behalf of Unite of the constituents of David Cameron and Jeremy Hunt and found that the number one issue is healthcare and that:

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e17 ... 380052f33f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hunt and Cameron are being morons. If you protect, you can still do what they want to do anyway.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

For those interested, here is the bad news that sort-of got buried in Australia:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/myefo ... et-2014-12
Treasurer Joe Hockey has released the mid year budget update, MYEFO, showing the 2014-15 budget deficit now forecast at $40.4 billion compared to the $29.8 billion forecast in the May budget.

The deficit in 2017/18 is now expected to be $11.5 billion rather than the $2.8 billion May budget estimate.
This article is a brief outline of headline numbers, outlining the major changes between the figures projected during the May Budget and today/last-nights projected figures. The difference that a mere seven months have made (and particularly the influence of plunging oil and commodities prices) is pretty startling.

On another note, I am relieved that the siege in Sydney is over. But my thoughts go out to all the hostages who are injured and those who survived without physical injury, and to the families of all the dead - including the family of the gunman who, by all accounts, had already lost the man they knew when he left his Shi'ite tradition and declared himself a Sunni Moslem, instead.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

This magic rule of economics where high levels of immigration drive down wages, except in London where there is more of it than anywhere else?

Asylum seekers are a small part of immigration. Perhaps the South East already having lots of the immigration he doesn't like could be a reason it doesn't get lots of asylum seekers too?

Man's an arsehole.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

AngryAsWell wrote:The tub of lard threat to TV-shy David Cameron
‘Empty chair’ threat to break deadlock over election debates – but HIGNFY treatment might be better

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/politics/61765 ... z3LyTi7L1X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My favourite thing about that article (which I enjoyed immensely) was this part:
... it might touch a nerve. The PM turned down the opportunity of a bike ride with his Australian host, the fitness fanatic Tony Abbott, at the recent G20 summit in Brisbane, saying that being photographed in Lycra might not help his re-election chances.
:rofl: :toss:
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Ha, ha, I'm blocked by Hodges as well.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Zelostreet have had fun at the discomfiture of the press pack over Miliband's activities today, with plenty of concentration on Danny boy's latest tantrum; mind you this piece would also make instructive reading for Andrew Sparrow, based on the comments here about his reactions today.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... graph.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I just saw on C4 News some stupid woman from Gt Yarmouth repeat that "migrant workers getting free cars and free houses "nonsense.

It'd be nice if the reporter said to her "You do know that's utter guff don't you?"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Ha, ha, I'm blocked by Hodges as well.
Apparently he has been a busy boy today, and has been blocking anybody critical of him; whether that is connected with the rumours that his days at the Telegraph may be numbered would be pure speculation on my part (but good fun).
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Zelostreet have had fun at the discomfiture of the press pack over Miliband's activities today, with plenty of concentration on Danny boy's latest tantrum; mind you this piece would also make instructive reading for Andrew Sparrow, based on the comments here about his reactions today.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... graph.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you Zelo Street - and thank you TGS.

Hodges has really been on one today.... if I was as one track dark side looking as he is Mr Riots would be telling me to pull my socks up because he wouldn't put up with it ... and if it was Mr Riots, he'd tell me to shoot him if he started behaving that way. Just as well we don't have guns on some days in our household. :lol:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Spain offers new benefit for long-term unemployed
450,000 people expected to qualify for benefit, intended to help those who have exhausted all other unemployment support

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... unemployed
Makes you realise how bleak it is - how much more bleak - for some. It's only available for 6 months.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:One for Roger if he hasn't see it already

That is just stupendous. Totally wowed.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Harriet Harman ‏@HarrietHarman 10m10 minutes ago
Voted to block unfair Govt firefighter pension changes, but @SimonHughesMP voted against decent firefighter pensions #FFdebate @UKLabour
One of our St Dogmaels Labour peeps has moved to Simon Hughes constituency. He was most apologetic that he wouldn't be around to fight in Preseli Pembs. I told him he had just as important a fight, if not more important, against the incumbent in Bermondsey and Southwark ... and would have the thanks of many if they manage to dislodge him.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Following my earlier post re the Lib Dem Voice article on Royal Mail services in the future (i.e. declining ....) - thought you might enjoy the latest two additional comments - delicious as they are:
JohnTilley 15th Dec '14 - 7:35pm
I am delighted that LDV is carrying an article from a senior trade unionist. I hope this continues and we get the viewpoint of trade unionists every week.

When Royal Mail was privatised I feared the worst. The farce of the failure of some private contractors to deliver in the run up to Chrismas 2014 is an example of how the promised “improvements” that would follow privatisation are already not being realised. Work has been taken away from reliable and honest Royal Mail staff and has been handed to dubious strangers in unmarked vans. The service to the public has declined.

I had personal experience of an aspect of this decline just this weekend.

On Saturday afternoon a brand new I-phone 6 was delivered to my house by an anonymous white van man. Nobody in my family had ordered this. Half an hour later I received a phone call supposedly from the delivery firm to say this was an error and someone would come to take it back.. At 9 pm on Saturday night I had another phone call to say that the person coming to collecting it would not arrive until after 11pm – “When I would be asleep” – so could I leave it on the doorstep for collection.

The very helpful police constable who called round on Sunday explained that this is a common scam and is becoming more common, he had already dealt with two others this week in my area.

The scam is that thieves use stolen credit cards – completely unconnected with the address to which the stole item will be delivered. The stolen credit card is used to order small high value items by post from companies who use delivery firms other than Royal Mail. These stolen items are delivered to the address of an unsuspecting person who has no connection with the stolen credit card and who like me has not ordered the item and has no wish to have anything to do with it. The thieves usually target the homes of elderly or housebound people who are more likely to be at home and more likely to be trusting.

The constable who visited me ventured a guess that his three cases this week would be the tip of the ice-berg as most members of the public unwittingly leave the item as requested on the doorstep for the bogus delivery man who comes to collect it under cover of darkness.

With the price of new I-phones being in the hundreds of pounds, the thieves only have to get away with it ten times a night and they are tens thousands of pounds in pocket by the end of the week.

Whilst I accept that this growing criminal activity is an unintended consequence of privatisation of Royal Mail, it shows what happens when a uniformed, properly run and accountable public service is handed over to anonymous men in unmarked vans whose prime motivation is not public service but private profit.

If a similar scam happens to you phone 101 the non-emergency police number.

If you have a local police officer as efficient as the one that came to see me it will be sorted for you within a couple of hours.
If police services are privatised and outsourced then goodness knows what will happen next.

David Evans 15th Dec '14 - 7:52pm
Simon Shaw – but surely you of all people understand the importance of equality :-)
Another Vince Cable triumph. :clap:
http://www.libdemvoice.org/the-independ ... l#comments
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

On the subject of Thurrock, a topic of conversation here earlier today, Labour PPC for Thurrock Polly Billington has written a piece for Labour List's latest pamphlet. Reading it, the people of Thurrock could do a lot worse than elect this lady as their MP, she really has hit the nail on the proverbial.

http://labourlist.org/2014/12/our-lates ... mmunities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Anne McGuire MP retweeted
Neil Lovatt ‏@neiledwardlovat 18m18 minutes ago
Oil price is now at $60.54, thats just 86% growth required to get up to the SNP target….. 86 PERCENT!
Is he right?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:On the subject of Thurrock, a topic of conversation here earlier today, Labour PPC for Thurrock Polly Billington has written a piece for Labour List's latest pamphlet. Reading it, the people of Thurrock could do a lot worse than elect this lady as their MP, she really has hit the nail on the proverbial.

http://labourlist.org/2014/12/our-lates ... mmunities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, I thought she had it pretty spot on too.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:

Hunt and Cameron are being morons. If you protect, you can still do what they want to do anyway.
I suspect they want to ensure that it's a fait accompli.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Harriet Harman ‏@HarrietHarman 10m10 minutes ago
Voted to block unfair Govt firefighter pension changes, but @SimonHughesMP voted against decent firefighter pensions #FFdebate @UKLabour
One of our St Dogmaels Labour peeps has moved to Simon Hughes constituency. He was most apologetic that he wouldn't be around to fight in Preseli Pembs. I told him he had just as important a fight, if not more important, against the incumbent in Bermondsey and Southwark ... and would have the thanks of many if they manage to dislodge him.
Another reason for me to win the lottery, so I can return 'home' and help get that numpty out .... are you listening Camelot, it would be a humanitarian gesture. ;-)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:One for Roger if he hasn't see it already

Thanks - I'm on a couple of Facebook groups and it was picked up there a week or more back.

Fantastic stuff - and pretty intact too.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Emily Thornberry MP retweeted
Ben Cooper ‏@BenCooper86 48m48 minutes ago
Total of 15 Lib Dems signed up to firefighters' motion & then, when it really mattered, voted against them. Unbelievable (via @JackTunmore)
Name them, please!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Here you go.
Labour Whips @labourwhips · 1 hr 1 hour ago
LDs signed @UKLabour motion #firefighterspensions & abstained Beith Brooke Burstow Campbell Crockhart Gilbert Mulholland Russell & Williams

Labour Whips @labourwhips · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
2/2 Lib Dems who supported @UKLabour motion on #firefighterspensions but then voted against: @iswales Mike Thornton & @DavidWardMP

1/2 Lib Dems who supported @UKLabour motion on #firefighterspensions but then voted against: @duncanhames @johnhemmingmp @markhuntermp
0 replies . 13 retweets 1 favourite
Reply Retweet13 Favourite1
More
Not sure which Williams? Yours is Mark, isn't he?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

rebeccariots2 wrote: Well quite. Most of that sounds quite positive and supportive. But you never know what he's going to say, when, and why ... certainly not somebody you'd want to rely on, consistency and motive both rather suspect. He's turned around from what I heard this morning.

Mrs Danczuk was on R4 at lunchtime, You and Yours I think, talking about business rates. Publicity junkies the pair of them.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Spacedone wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

I suspect they want to ensure that it's a fait accompli.
I know but the NHS is there worst issue by miles.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Is David Cameron telling porkies on the deficit? His spokesman explains
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/isabel-har ... -explains/
Give the journalist holding Cameron's spokesperson's feet to the fire here a medal. Wish they were all as persistent.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Here you go.
Labour Whips @labourwhips · 1 hr 1 hour ago
LDs signed @UKLabour motion #firefighterspensions & abstained Beith Brooke Burstow Campbell Crockhart Gilbert Mulholland Russell & Williams

2/2 Lib Dems who supported @UKLabour motion on #firefighterspensions but then voted against: @iswales Mike Thornton & @DavidWardMP

1/2 Lib Dems who supported @UKLabour motion on #firefighterspensions but then voted against: @duncanhames @johnhemmingmp @markhuntermp
0 replies . 13 retweets 1 favourite
Reply Retweet13 Favourite1
More
Not sure which Williams? Yours is Mark, isn't he?
Not yet ... the boundary changes would cast us into that Lib Dem / Plaid abyss if they come to pass. But he's all yahyah's at present - poor her.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

So apparently Labour is voting for Osborne's Charter of Budget Responsibility.

But, it appears Osborne's trap is not as clever as he thought, since it will still allow Labour to do what it plans anyway :twisted:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS 4h4 hours ago
Labour say they may ammend and try to toughen Govt's Charter for Budget Responsibility

:lol:

(I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but….)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

gilsey wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Well quite. Most of that sounds quite positive and supportive. But you never know what he's going to say, when, and why ... certainly not somebody you'd want to rely on, consistency and motive both rather suspect. He's turned around from what I heard this morning.

Mrs Danczuk was on R4 at lunchtime, You and Yours I think, talking about business rates. Publicity junkies the pair of them.
They remind me of the Hamilton's in some weird, odd way.
A self serving-what's-in-it-for-me kind of way.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

The BBC are having a consultation on their political coverage and an opportunity to give your views http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/have_your ... lines.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

This could be interesting.... :twisted:

:popcorn:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ian Katz @iankatz1000 · 23m 23 minutes ago
Exclusive: #UKIP secures control of £1.5m of EU funds by launching new pan-European party...more on #newsnight 22.30. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30486154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Oh they just hate that dastardly, profligate EU don't they .... wasting all our UK taxpayers' money ... until it's coming to them.