Wednesday 11th January 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 11th January 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday 11th January 2023

Post by refitman »

Guess I'm not watching the Royal Rumble this year

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Julia's tweet is aging increasingly poorly

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Some good news, from one part of Labour

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

I see that someone has had the whip removed...not having a good time lately is he?

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Inevitable that a Tory backbencher would go full QAnon sooner or later.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

His books are about the same standard, or at least I am thus reliably informed.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

DANNY ALTMANN was the first prof who really impressed me when he was interviewed on Youtube in mid-2020 by Gez Medinger , one of the other Long Covid sufferers .

He had the humility to admit that his first ideas about covid were plain wrong which unusual honesty is always nice to hear !

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-022-01393-x

Yes it's the FOURTH year :-)

"" having enjoyed a period of détente and mutual respect between scientists and policy makers, we now again face segregation into rival tribes: the short attention spans, COVID-19 revisionism and ‘move along, there’s nothing to see here’ attitude of our global leaders threatens the laser focus that the scientists will need if we are to avoid endemic bedding-in of massively elevated mortality along with a lasting worldwide burden of disability imposed by more than 150 million cases of long COVID.

How did ‘endemic’ — the term used in infectious disease to describe our relentless struggle in the relationship with our greatest scourges of HIV, tuberculosis and malaria — come to be re-appropriated to mean some form of victory over COVID-19? If we now meet the COVID challenge poorly and throw in the towel, historians may puzzle over our ineptitude for centuries to come.""

Must admit I was a little amazed at how so many of the world leaders, notably those I follow in the anglosphere -- US Canada Australia and then UK -- were all close together in announcing that covid was over and we could live with the little leftovers from it .

Strange then how most people have to test -ve before being allowed close to Joe and Kamala . </cough ! >

Our official Incidence Rate has gone down almost sixfold in a month, from c680 to c120, but many hospitals are still bursting with postponable operations cancelled and my GP when I saw him on Thursday was still very busy working late with covid cases . He and his confrère both wear masks , as do all patients . Only blue jobs mostly, but better than nothing . We have appointments so the small waiting room has rarely more than two or three in it .

Most people are back to 'normal' but I'm still wearing my ffp2 in shops and only going into a bar-tabac to buy a paper . This is only 43 days old --

France heads into ninth Covid wave in lead up to Christmas
https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20221129-f ... -christmas

but it only caused a slight increase in masking ! I'm now thoroughly used to being the odd one out, tho it did feel a bit strange at first ...

As time passes the evidence grows that if at all possible abstinence from covid is er highly recommended .
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Not ALL angels, as @Sky has found repeatedly --

frog222
Prime Minister