Wednesday 17th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 17th December 2014

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lisa Nandy ‏@lisanandy 3m3 minutes ago
In our foodbank debate the Speaker just told Ministers to stop chatting and listen to the heartrending cases of poverty from Labour MPs.
FFS. Where will the BBC be on reporting this .... I wonder?
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

JackDromeyMP ‏@JackDromeyMP 8m8 minutes ago
If you shake the hand of a Lib Dem claiming to oppose the #BedroomTax, count your fingers afterwards. Once again, they vote with the Tories
@yahyah

Something along those lines for Mark Williams?
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

yahyah wrote:Is this his reply ?

Mark Williams ‏@mark4ceredigion 57s seconds ago
Not absent. Deliberate abstention. Labour introduced bedroom tax for private rental sector in 2008 @5naini Not good enough. (1/2)

Can someone tweet him and point out that wasn't applicable to people who already were already renting, only to new rental agreements so people didn't get clobbered for what they were already living in.
Yes it, not a great twitterer, I read that's all, but I will make your point to him.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Wow this is one nasty piece of work.....
From Hope not Hate.

Big trouble for Little Jack
I can't recall how many times I've blogged about the juvenile nuisance that is Jack Renshaw. He is the self-proclaimed expert on everything (except women, apparently). Jack's mission is to save the white race and to protect it from homosexuals, feminism, Muslim taxi drivers, non-whites and over-friendly animals. Why, he even threatened to disown his potentially gay dog he's so straight.

Read on only if you have a bucket of bleach handy....
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/insi ... -jack-4170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Not absent. Deliberate abstention. Labour introduced bedroom tax for private rental sector in 2008 @5naini Not good enough. (1/2)

Can someone tweet him and point out that wasn't applicable to people who already were already renting, only to new rental agreements so people didn't get clobbered for what they were already living in.
Done it. Think I'm first reply as well.

Is he pretending to be thick?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Patrick O'Flynn retweeted
ukipwebmaster @ukipwebmaster · Dec 14
Diane James selected for North West Hampshire seat:
http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11665604. ... hire_seat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Hmmm - going to be interesting to see which seats the Ukip female candidates are selected for.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Tubby Isaacs wrote:

I don't think he is pretending to be thick as two short planks, it comes naturally enough.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Any word yet on Ohsocynical?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

More from Cuckoo Hall. The chair of the governing body which suspended one of Gove's faves has been removed.

http://academiesweek.co.uk/cuckoohallchairremoved/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

I don't think he is pretending to be thick as two short planks, it comes naturally enough.
As thick as John Hemming?
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

There you are yahyah, what a numpty, has anyone got any figures on food bank useage in Ceredigion?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:There you are yahyah, what a numpty, has anyone got any figures on food bank useage in Ceredigion?

Don't know about that one letsskip. But, perhaps even more relevant, I seem to remember that Ceredigion had the lowest number of 1 bedroom properties available for people affected by the bedroom tax to downsize to ... rural properties aren't usually 1 bedroom. That might be worth checking out.

Editing to add:
http://leftfootforward.org/2013/04/the- ... mmunities/
The report, based on a survey of Welsh local authorities and compiled by BBC Wales economics correspondent Sarah Dickins, shows that across the country more than 28,000 people are in social housing that is considered under-occupied as a result of having spare rooms.
However, there are just under 400 one-bedroom homes to move to. In four council areas – Ceredigion, Blaenau Gwent, Monmouthshire and Torfaen – there are, the report notes, “no one-bedroom houses available with local housing associations”.
Coupled with the 70,000 families or individuals currently on the social housing waiting list in Wales, the devastation being imposed on Wales by the bedroom tax is clear for all to see.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

This exchange from the Lords is important on Ceredigion and other areas.
Lord Best (CB): My Lords, has the Minister had a chance to read the report from the Defra Select Committee, chaired by Anne McIntosh MP in the other place? It recommends that rural communities should be exempt from the bedroom tax because it is so difficult for people in rural areas to move down to smaller premises. Staying put means they can be paying £25 a week that they were not paying before, creating a great deal of hardship. Has the Minister had a chance to read that report and react to it?

Lord Freud: My Lords, I have looked very closely at the issue of rural communities. That was why, this year, we put in an extra £5 million a year to handle the subsidy arrangements, which buys out a substantial proportion of the cost of this policy.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Me and Nathalie Rowe are getting on well on Twitter.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

AngryAsWell wrote:Wow this is one nasty piece of work.....
From Hope not Hate.

Big trouble for Little Jack
I can't recall how many times I've blogged about the juvenile nuisance that is Jack Renshaw. He is the self-proclaimed expert on everything (except women, apparently). Jack's mission is to save the white race and to protect it from homosexuals, feminism, Muslim taxi drivers, non-whites and over-friendly animals. Why, he even threatened to disown his potentially gay dog he's so straight.

Read on only if you have a bucket of bleach handy....
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/insi ... -jack-4170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I see good old Cultural Marxism gets its customary mention...I'm guessing he's another that gets his information from the "12 bad things about the Frankfurt School" or whatever it was - entirely unsourced, unreferenced pile of pseudo-scholarship junk.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Thanks Rebecca! Much appreciated.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:There you are yahyah, what a numpty, has anyone got any figures on food bank useage in Ceredigion?

Here's the facebook link for Cardigan food bank. As far as I can see - on the Trussell Trust food bank map - this is the only one (of theirs anyway) actually in Ceredigion. No wonder people are having to travel so far.

When I visited them today I was told that the latest breakdown showed they had provided food parcels to 1,000 people this year.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Me and Nathalie Rowe are getting on well on Twitter.
Oh I'm so glad to hear that Tubby - but please don't go all rubbery on us. We need you to be as sarky and clipped as you can be.

Editing to add: I've read the exchange now. :lol: Hope it wasn't taxpayer's money.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Wed 17 Dec, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:More from Cuckoo Hall. The chair of the governing body which suspended one of Gove's faves has been removed.

http://academiesweek.co.uk/cuckoohallchairremoved/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow, what's going on there?

Wonder whether she acted without approval from the rest of the trust board?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

I could never spank George Osborne, sooner give him a good kicking.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Iain Wright ‏@IainWrightMP 6m6 minutes ago
Just heard lots of MPs cheering in Lib Dems' Whips Office. Don't know what for: presumably voting today to keep the Bedroom Tax. Disgrace
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... olls-apart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd have more respect for this if the criticism was shared amongst their chums in crime, when is the Guardian going to call out the LDs for saying something then having the neck to do something completely different?

Sorry, having a naïve moment.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Emily Thornberry MP ‏@EmilyThornberry 18m18 minutes ago
And so the Tories and Lib Demo go off for Xmas having voted against Food Banks & abolishing the Bedroom Tax

Barbara Keeley retweeted
David Prescott ‏@DavidPrescott 43m43 minutes ago
Genuinely feel sorry for Lib Dem supporters who have to watch their MPs defeat a bid to axe the #bedroomtax. They deserve so much better

Luciana Berger ‏@lucianaberger 21m21 minutes ago
Appalling response frm govt minister to #foodbankdebate - one of the v worst.No acknowledgement that nearly 1m accessing emergency food aid.

Pat Glass ‏@PatGlassMP 21m21 minutes ago
Minister queries if food bank use is linked to poverty presumably because food banks are packed full of rich people. Obviously!

Jon Trickett ‏@jon_trickett 22m22 minutes ago
Libdems! What are they good for? Absolutely nothing! #bedroomtax we will abolish
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Don't think there's much polling out before now and NY, yougov haven't, think Ashcroft has some marginal polling out sometime this week though?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:I could never spank George Osborne, sooner give him a good kicking.
Or spank him like the prefects in If.... do, with a run up.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Freemason police officers tried to ‘shift blame’ after Hillsborough disaster, inquest told
Police constable tells inquest representing 75 victims’ families he did not come forward about masonic meeting earlier for fears over his job

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... conspiracy
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/news/2014-1 ... -of-london" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stephen Greenhalgh who was telling us the other week that courts and the police were basically the same, has announced his candidacy for London Mayor.

Christ, I think, I could beat him.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:http://www.londonlive.co.uk/news/2014-1 ... -of-london

Stephen Greenhalgh who was telling us the other week that courts and the police were basically the same, has announced his candidacy for London Mayor.

Please have a go Tubby. And you must wear the hat.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

@Ernst - this is a reminder to post that thing you posted last night.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

I am backing Sadiq Khan.

Will be doing an article like Mike Read's "I'm backing Boris". Underground parking will feature.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Greens working on 12 seats at 2015 general election
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30516512
But which seats? It doesn't say.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Here's the original, archetypal hand wringing yellow bastard:

http://electoralcalculus.co.uk/conlist_ ... dSouthwark" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What the realistic chances of him getting booted out, never can be quite sure with EC? If he does there's a good chance I will lose control of my bladder whilst having a laughing fit.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

I am backing Sadiq Khan.

Will be doing an article like Mike Read's "I'm backing Boris". Underground parking will feature.
No calypso?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just to ask - what has happened to Hermione Gingold on CIF and BTL at the G? Is it just me not spotting any posts from her ... or has she disappeared?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Here's the original, archetypal hand wringing yellow bastard:

http://electoralcalculus.co.uk/conlist_ ... dSouthwark" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What the realistic chances of him getting booted out, never can be quite sure with EC? If he does there's a good chance I will lose control of my bladder whilst having a laughing fit.
Southwark's Labour council are carrying out a very unpopular redevlopment of a council estate at the Elephant. I think a fair bit of it was done and dusted before they won power, and quite possibly money from the developer already being depended on. So could be a good Green showing there.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Piece from the NYT that caught my beady eye, nothing that really stands out, but I have never heard UKIP advocate a strong social security system, more like populism jumped as ''oooh, we suddenly love the NHS'' bollocks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/17/opini ... egion&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Just to ask - what has happened to Hermione Gingold on CIF and BTL at the G? Is it just me not spotting any posts from her ... or has she disappeared?
Have you checked the Strictly threads, Herm is often seen loitering there, attracted by the sequins?
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Nick Clegg lying his ass off again.

Nick Clegg attempts to calm NHS worries over EU-US trade deal
Deputy PM tells debate the TTIP agreement would not be endorsed without assuring sovereign right to run public services
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -deal-ttip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nick Clegg has moved to calm campaigners worried about the proposed EU-US trade deal – the transatlantic trade and investment partnership (TTIP) – saying the government would secure written guarantees that it would not threaten the NHS.

The deputy prime minister said he would ensure the UK maintains its sovereign right to run the NHS, amid fears the deal could allow private US health corporations the ability to mount legal challenges over the right to bid for contracts.

He said he would not endorse TTIP unless it was “absolutely crystal clear that we are allowed to do exactly what we want with our public services, with our cherished NHS, without being undermined by TTIP”.
And in case anyone has forgotten what "we" apparently want is for the NHS to be privatised and public services to be cut to such miniscule levels that many of them won't survive.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm calling it an early night, friends. Sleep well. Please be well. I look forward to reading Ohso again soon.
Love,
JA
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

Tim Farron voted no! Didn't even have the half decency to abstain. I've lost all warmth I had for him.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Gabriel Scally ‏@GabrielScally 1h1 hour ago
Christmas comes early for @lucianaberger! Implementation of #tobacco in cars law is today set for 1st October. Bravo!
Good news.

Fair play too to the Minister, Jane Ellison, who's faced down the "political correctness gone mad" lot in her own party.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

DonutHingeParty wrote:Tim Farron voted no! Didn't even have the half decency to abstain. I've lost all warmth I had for him.
Ooh, and I was just starting to warm to him.. :sick:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

There is still some kindness left in the country, lovely young man, but this should never have been allowed to happen in "our" country. I'm stuck between tears for the family and smiles for the young man.

Homeless kids eat first meal in TWO DAYS after Christmas market stall holder dished up free food
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ho ... al-4825773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

AngryAsWell wrote:There is still some kindness left in the country, lovely young man, but this should never have been allowed to happen in "our" country. I'm stuck between tears for the family and smiles for the young man.

Homeless kids eat first meal in TWO DAYS after Christmas market stall holder dished up free food
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ho ... al-4825773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But Dave says we're a top ten country...

Did he forget to say the word percent?
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

AngryAsWell wrote:There is still some kindness left in the country, lovely young man, but this should never have been allowed to happen in "our" country. I'm stuck between tears for the family and smiles for the young man.

That is just fucking obscene in 21st Century Britain.
When did we go back to Dickensian morality?
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Christ, imagine being in a situation where you can't put a meal in front of your kids..

Every Lib Dem scum bag should have that tweeted to them,at least the tories don't pretend to be any better..
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Sent that to John Leech, Manchester's only LD, no doubt is attitude is that they are tidying Labour's mess..
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

One for you, Lets Skip.

Bit of old Ann Clwyd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hus ... d_shredder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Falling in 2003 for a bit of propaganda about Saddam feeding enemies into a giant paper shredder.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Sent that to John Leech, Manchester's only LD, no doubt is attitude is that they are tidying Labour's mess..
He's got no chance. These were the council election results.
Manchester Withington 2014:
Labour – 13,456 (47.37%)
Lib Dem – 7,427 (26.15%)
Green – 4,688 (16.50%)
Conservative – 2,058 (7.25%)
TUSC – 374 (1.32%)
UKIP – 369 (1.30%)
Motorcycle Alliance – 33 (0.12%)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

I hate the way Brand tells everyone not to vote but I cant help but like him

"Hello Jo, thanks for your open letter, I do remember you from the melee outside RBS and firstly, I’d like to say sorry for your paella getting cold. It’s not nice to suffer because of actions that are nothing to do with you. I imagine the disabled people of our country who have been hit with £6bn of benefit cuts during the period that RBS received £46bn of public bail-out money feel similarly cheesed off........"

http://www.russellbrand.com/2014/12/8164/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;