Thursday 26th January 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 26th January 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 26th January 2023

Post by gilsey »

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Let's bring BoJo back, that will sort everything out.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

:popcorn:
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I see that JRM has taken up a role with GB News.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Last time Konstantin Kisin was on he claimed Putin would nuke us all if Nato countries supplied weapons to Ukraine, which as you may have noticed hasn't happened, so lets see what he has to say for himself this time.

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

"" Konstantin Kisin is a Russian-British satirist, podcaster, author and political commentator. Kisin has written for a number of publications including Quillette, The Spectator, The Daily Telegraph and ...""
A VERY quick check !
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Apparently Sarah Vine has been saying she thinks Bridgen is mentally ill and for once I have to agree with her. While it's difficult to tell because even on his best days he's such an obnoxious dunce, it does appear as if he's having a breakdown. Also he's going to have a hard time of it in court given the judge in his last case basically called him a lying twat.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Powerful useful stuff

The last three minutes show that Putin is not that alone inside Russian power
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Confused twat orders Labour to take over from Tories (3,7).
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Thu 26 Jan, 2023 8:18 pm Confused twat orders Labour to take over from Tories (3,7).
His heroine Maggie may not have been so keen on the idea.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

No? Rod Stewart, Maggie May?

Tough crowd.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Question Time tonight came from Scunthorpe and I'm afraid to say it was profoundly boring so I've got my work cut out.

For the Tories and largely responsible for the tedium was Jake Berry. For Jake saying something once isn't enough, or twice, or thrice, in fact given the evidence tonight Jake will happily drone on endlessly, literally like a broken record, until someone stops him. His monotone stultifying ramblings were so unutterably dull that I began tuning out and fucking about with my phone instead. 'Has Jake finished yet? No, ok let's see the price of slippers in Argos because these one's are falling to bits' and such like...but then, completely out the blue he did say something interesting. Did you know (according to Jake, I haven't looked this up yet) that the wealth disparity between the North and South of England is now worse than the disparity between East and West Germany at the time of the fall of the Berlin Wall? An interesting thing for Jake to highlight. So did he think his government was to blame? Sort of but it was mostly the fault of previous governments. To be fair to him he did support the Northern Mayor's idea of equal regional funding being written into law, which came as a bit of a surprise.

For Labour (mayors) we had Tracy Brabin. I voted for Tracy and don't wish to be mean but dear god she was poor tonight. The first question was about Zahawi but you'd never have know by her answer as she gave a long winded lecture about how great she was in response. Even when the subject turned to 'levelling up' and the Northern Mayor's plan for following the German funding model she waffled so ineffectually that Jake Berry ended up making the case for it better than she did. The word 'lightweight' kept springing into my mind for some reason.

For The Mirror we had Alison Phillips. Alison was fine, bringing a bit of much needed humour and Tory bashing, but I actually thought she was much too generous to Sunak in apparently believing he was previously unaware of Zahawi's tax shenanigans given his previous job.

For right wing Youtubers we had Konstantin Kisin. Like all arseholes Konstantin likes to give the impression that his opinion is the only valid one and anyone who disagrees with him is an idiot. I recognise one of my own kind when I see them. The problem for Konstantin is some of what he said tonight diametrically opposed what he said with absolute certainty last time he was on QT. Last time he was on he assured us Russians valued human life far less the the West, giving them a different attitude towards nuclear conflict, and if NATO countries armed Ukraine Putin would start WWIII. Tonight he said the precise opposite and told us we should be arming Ukraine, the West had called Putin's bluff and he wouldn't nuke us. What's changed? Evidently not Konstantin because he seemed as assured in his views as he was last time. Rather more interestingly he tried a couple of times to do a bit of populist rabble rousing about Zahawi and the decline of British industry which had some initial success until he ruined things by coming out with some anti-vax crap against Zahawi and anti-green energy nonsense in a part of the country where it's providing good jobs. On both occasions his applause was replaced by tumbleweed. You might be able to fool 15 million idiots on Youtube (apparently one of his videos has that many views*) but a live Yorkshire audience were less than enamoured when he tried it on real people.

*I just had a look for funny cats on Youtube and his 15 million views is deeply unimpressive by comparison.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »