Thursday, 18th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday, 18th December 2014

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Please somebody post some good news.

I'm having one of those days ... one bit of bad news after another. Well actually it started yesterday when I saw in our local paper that the Electoral Commission are consulting on the boundary changes which would chuck North Pembs in with Ceredigion ---- bye bye any chance of Labour representation if it comes to pass, hello Plaid Cymru (uuuugggghhh) or Lib Dem (double uuuugggghhh). Now we've got Matthew d'Ancona coming in to big up the right wing support team at the G. Badgers are going to be killed all over the country regardless the lack of any moral or scientific basis if these Tories and Lib Dems get back in .........

And I have just cancelled the order of the Xmas present I had bought for Mr Riots as I have no confidence it will be delivered. Waited in today as notified. When the hour slot for delivery passed I saw that the email from the delivery co (DPD) had been updated to say they had failed to find our address and to wait for further notification from them. I attempted to ring the supplier as if DPD have failed to find us once, they are unlikely to succeed another time so wanted to arrange an alternative pick up point or give more instructions. I was told the delivery co claim they have been ringing me all day .... the phone is 6 inches away, I've been in all day. That lie made me decide to cancel immediately. Mr Riots will have to be told ...
Your day sounds just like mine. I'm sorry the only good news I can give you is your day sounds like my own.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

**** me! Just squinted through DFH's Ode to the Blessed Nick, he really isn't any better than a second class WUM..
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Hunt just tweeted this.. Not that one, Tristram Hunt.

http://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/r ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeez. Nicky Morgan caught lying the same lie a second time by Dilnot, days after he caught her lying the lie a first time.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

http://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/r ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How/why are the press letting them get away with all the lies??
http://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/r ... 181214.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

I'm having one of those days ... one bit of bad news after another. Well actually it started yesterday when I saw in our local paper that the Electoral Commission are consulting on the boundary changes which would chuck North Pembs in with Ceredigion ---- bye bye any chance of Labour representation if it comes to pass, hello Plaid Cymru (uuuugggghhh) or Lib Dem (double uuuugggghhh). Now we've got Matthew d'Ancona coming in to big up the right wing support team at the G. Badgers are going to be killed all over the country regardless the lack of any moral or scientific basis if these Tories and Lib Dems get back in .........

And I have just cancelled the order of the Xmas present I had bought for Mr Riots as I have no confidence it will be delivered. Waited in today as notified. When the hour slot for delivery passed I saw that the email from the delivery co (DPD) had been updated to say they had failed to find our address and to wait for further notification from them. I attempted to ring the supplier as if DPD have failed to find us once, they are unlikely to succeed another time so wanted to arrange an alternative pick up point or give more instructions. I was told the delivery co claim they have been ringing me all day .... the phone is 6 inches away, I've been in all day. That lie made me decide to cancel immediately. Mr Riots will have to be told ...
No good news at the mo, will try to find some later, but am just off out for a while.
Have a hug :hug: for now
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

citizenJA wrote:

Your day sounds just like mine. I'm sorry the only good news I can give you is your day sounds like my own.
:hug: all round
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Rt. Hon. Nicky Morgan MP
Secretary of State for Education
Sanctuary Buildings
Great Smith Street
LONDON
SW1P 3BT

18 December 2014

Dear Secretary of State,

STATISTICS ON LITERACY AND NUMERACY
On 10 December, Hansard reports that you made the following statement in the House of
Commons:
“If the shadow Secretary of State wants to see a failure to prepare young people for the
life of work, he ought to be thinking about the fact that under the previous Labour
Government one in three of our young people were leaving primary school unable to
read and write. That is a shocking statistic.”
I think that it would be appropriate for you to reconsider these comments.
You may also wish to take advice on whether the official parliamentary record should be corrected.

Yours sincerely
Sir Andrew Dilnot CBE

You lying disgrace of a Tory front bench government minister.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Thank you, friends for the hugs. I've had a difficult day. Actually, several days in a row difficult. Good, ultimately, but difficult. Anyway, thank you for the hugs.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

citizenJA wrote:Thank you, friends for the hugs. I've had a difficult day. Actually, several days in a row difficult. Good, ultimately, but difficult. Anyway, thank you for the hugs.

:hug:
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Nick Cohen must be ecstatic.

In It Together: The Inside Story of the Coalition Government by Matthew d'Ancona

http://gu.com/p/3jchx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:

& I managed to superglue my fingers together after striking a blow for feminism and insisting on breaking the house rule that only my husband can be trusted with a tube of Locktite.
It turns out he was right all these years, even more annoying.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

chi onwurah retweeted
Richard Critchley ‏@CllrCritchley 20m20 minutes ago
The only authority in the North West to see an increase in Government funding was Cheshire East. Coincidence, Mr Osborne?

Diane Abbott MP retweeted
Simon Mares ‏@SimonMaresITV 5h5 hours ago
Stumbling delivery by minister Kris Hopkins as he details council cuts to MPs - not helped by a running commentary by his boss Eric Pickles.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote: & I managed to superglue my fingers together after striking a blow for feminism and insisting on breaking the house rule that only my husband can be trusted with a tube of Locktite.
It turns out he was right all these years, even more annoying.
I'm trying desperately to find the silver lining in that one yahyah .... only thing I can come up with is at least it was only your fingers, and for pete's sake don't tell him (husband) unless you absolutely have to.

But thank you very much for the solidarity FTNers.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Labour on course to squeeze the Greens in 2015
A new poll shows a third of current Green supporters plan to vote for Miliband's party at the general election.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... reens-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
chi onwurah retweeted
The only authority in the North West to see an increase in Government funding was Cheshire East. Coincidence, Mr Osborne?

Diane Abbott MP retweeted
Simon Mares ‏@SimonMaresITV 5h5 hours ago
Stumbling delivery by minister Kris Hopkins as he details council cuts to MPs - not helped by a running commentary by his boss Eric Pickles.
Tower Hamlets down by 5%. Hackney and Newham a bit more. I suppose we probably can replace that income more easily than some places, but it's still a lot of money.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I would like to declare a LIB DEM HOUR from 6 to 7pm today. This is the equivalent of a Happy Hour ... where we can only post things that enable us to delude ourselves into thinking all is well in the real political world we live in ....

Of course, given that all is far from well in the real political world we live in .... this means posting news - and managing to put a deluded positive spin on it regardless of how bloody dire it is.

Remember I am PM ... you can, of course, defenestrate me as part of LIB DEM HOUR.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Spacedone wrote:Labour on course to squeeze the Greens in 2015
A new poll shows a third of current Green supporters plan to vote for Miliband's party at the general election.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... reens-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, my Green friends!
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:I would like to declare a LIB DEM HOUR from 6 to 7pm today. This is the equivalent of a Happy Hour ... where we can only post things that enable us to delude ourselves into thinking all is well in the real political world we live in ....

Of course, given that all is far from well in the real political world we live in .... this means posting news - and managing to put a deluded positive spin on it regardless of how bloody dire it is.

Remember I am PM ... you can, of course, defenestrate me as part of LIB DEM HOUR.
Erm, do you mean something like this? ''Royal Mail, Vince vinicated'' ??

http://www.libdemvoice.org/vinces-royal ... 43816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:I would like to declare a LIB DEM HOUR from 6 to 7pm today. This is the equivalent of a Happy Hour ... where we can only post things that enable us to delude ourselves into thinking all is well in the real political world we live in ....

Erm, do you mean something like this? ''Royal Mail, Vince vinicated'' ??

http://www.libdemvoice.org/vinces-royal ... 43816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Absolutely. That's the spirit!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I hope you find space to say that Vince Cable is a politician of rare distinction etc....
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Or indeed this attempt to polish a turd?

http://www.libdemvoice.org/lib-dem-mps- ... 43825.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know what I feel more, pity for Caron Lindsay or contempt, being nice, most of the time I will try pity.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Is there a full list anywhere of which councils are being cut and which are gaining?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

chi onwurah retweeted
I just can't let that go. You awful person, you Tory Chancellor & your awful government, too.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Almost feel sorry for him. He looks like he's going to cry.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Or indeed this attempt to polish a turd?

http://www.libdemvoice.org/lib-dem-mps- ... 43825.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know what I feel more, pity for Caron Lindsay or contempt, being nice, most of the time I will try pity.
F*ck her (pardon my French).
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

That really is a stonker.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

refitman wrote:

F*ck her (pardon my French).
Yeah, you're right, and her wretched party.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

http://academiesweek.co.uk/school-trave ... cut-by-6m/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glad they're just cutting Labour's waste and not hitting the frontline.
The government has slashed school travel funding by £6 million, forcing local authorities to consider making cuts elsewhere.
There's a free school in the pipeline that's costing seven times the whole amount.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Actually, d'Ancona isn't so bad - at worst he is another Glover but a much better writer with it.

And he seemed to be toning down the pro-Dave sycophancy he could occasionally indulge in, before the Torygraph dumped him.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Actually, d'Ancona isn't so bad - at worst he is another Glover but a much better writer with it.

And he seemed to be toning down the pro-Dave sycophancy he could occasionally indulge in, before the Torygraph dumped him.
d'Ancona was one of their best writers ... despite, as you say the obeisance to Dave. What made them get rid of him and keep Hodges is the question?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Nice sighting of the "Labour did the same" nonsense.

Have hopefully put her right.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Oh yes, the stuff about Labour on the Bedroom Tax we talked about. It might be a result of this pile of pants, from a blog I gather is influential.

http://speye.wordpress.com/2014/12/17/l ... ou-idiots/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Image

I notice none of the kids are actually tasting their own mince pie ... some of them studiously looking away from Clegg, one looking at him intently as he goes to take a bite. It's almost as though they know they've put something nasty in the mix ... and he doesn't. It's not a comfy looking Clegg though, I agree.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Pat Glass retweeted
Mirror Politics ‏@MirrorPolitics 17m17 minutes ago
Teen pregnancies set to soar because of Government cuts to prevention services
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te ... se-4835849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
But hey .... look on the bright side. New rules by IDS will mean the taxpayer will only have to pay benefit for the first two children ... so the costs will all even out according to Osobornomics. Clever stuff eh.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

A commentator on the G threads pointed out the ancient Hebrew name, 'Gideon', means 'Destroyer'.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

It's the body language, he doesn't seem to have endeared himself to them.

I assume they've all been cooking together for some period of time.

Is this his bacon butty picture? (bear in mind Miliband's photo was a still frame chosen from video footage).
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:http://academiesweek.co.uk/school-trave ... cut-by-6m/

The government has slashed school travel funding by £6 million, forcing local authorities to consider making cuts elsewhere.
There's a free school in the pipeline that's costing seven times the whole amount.
Saw that earlier.

Also saw that we're spending a few million on being the best ion the world at...character education.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/engl ... -character

:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

diGriz wrote:

It's the body language, he doesn't seem to have endeared himself to them.

I assume they've all been cooking together for some period of time.

Is this his bacon butty picture? (bear in mind Miliband's photo was a still frame chosen from video footage).
His apron is a very nice colour though. Really really suits him.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

What's this then?

It's a bendy bus, driving around Leicester. It turns out that these things, reviled by Johnson in that superior way of his, are actual quite good at picking up lots of people quickly.

The chance of his own buses tortoising their way round other towns and cities in 10 years time aren't very high.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Kevin Maguire ‏@Kevin_Maguire 3m3 minutes ago
So Cameron left early Northern Ireland peace talks early to go to an Ibiza-style rave for his wife's 40th in Chequers. FFS
As is often said on this forum this man is contemptible . I can't imagine Brown, Blair, Major (or even Thatcher for that matter) showing such indifference to the responsibilities of high office.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:http://academiesweek.co.uk/school-trave ... cut-by-6m/

Saw that earlier.

Also saw that we're spending a few million on being the best ion the world at...character education.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/engl ... -character

:roll:

Character education seems to involve a lot of debating. Though funnily enough speaking has been kicked out of GCSE English.

Remember too the stellar performance of Greenwich Free School, run by some university debating pals.
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Actually, d'Ancona isn't so bad - at worst he is another Glover but a much better writer with it.

d'Ancona was one of their best writers ... despite, as you say the obeisance to Dave. What made them get rid of him and keep Hodges is the question?
Money. d'Ancona is a proper writer who probably commanded a hefty fee, Hodges is a publicity hound with a grudge who would happily turn out his weekly dogrel in exchange for a free biscuit. I bet the Telegraph pay him a pittance compared to most of their other commentators.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

rearofthestore wrote:
So Cameron left early Northern Ireland peace talks early to go to an Ibiza-style rave for his wife's 40th in Chequers. FFS
As is often said on this forum this man is contemptible . I can't imagine Brown, Blair, Major (or even Thatcher for that matter) showing such indifference to the responsibilities of high office.
This should be a major, major story in the press should it not?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

diGriz wrote:
rearofthestore wrote:
Oh for some leaked pics of that 'rave'. Dad dancing to the trillionth power ...
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
diGriz wrote:
rearofthestore wrote: As is often said on this forum this man is contemptible . I can't imagine Brown, Blair, Major (or even Thatcher for that matter) showing such indifference to the responsibilities of high office.
I was going to find some amusing related picture and post it but having searched with google for David Cameron dancing I regret looking. :sick:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheDuncanSmithReport.jpg
TheDuncanSmithReport.jpg (51.1 KiB) Viewed 8521 times
Lord Snoutintrough ‏@Rowland72James Dec 17
Eliminating poverty by eradicating poor people The Duncan smith report @Marshall5Sharon @gobrot4 pic.twitter.com/hKbPCaTzoX
Horribly plausible.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Some snowy owls. From Twitter.

rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

diGriz wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
diGriz wrote: This should be a major, major story in the press should it not?
I was going to find some amusing related picture and post it but having searched with google for David Cameron dancing I regret looking. :sick:
Oh I wish you hadn't made me look too.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
diGriz wrote:
rearofthestore wrote: As is often said on this forum this man is contemptible . I can't imagine Brown, Blair, Major (or even Thatcher for that matter) showing such indifference to the responsibilities of high office.
oh, thanks a lot, RR2, wonderful imagery that - sorry, sorry - it's the LibDem Hour.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jamie Reed retweeted
James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 16m16 minutes ago
Row over suspension of Theresa May aides as Tory candidates turning toxic. Am told Cab Office failed 7 times to ok phone canvassing by spads
:?: Anyone?