Tuesday 7th February 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 7th February 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 7th February 2023

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Reshuffle day seems like a good opportunity for some anagrams 😆
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Dregs hang crazily, tipped for Chairman role (4,5).
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Tue 07 Feb, 2023 8:23 am Dregs hang crazily, tipped for Chairman role (4,5).
Easiest yet ?
During the campaign, Hands issued warnings of the consequences for the UK should it leave the European Union, saying that the country would face "profound consequences" including "fewer jobs, higher prices in our shops and less money for our public services like the NHS".[15] A strong advocate of international trade, he described the European Union's Single Market as being the "most complete commitment to free trade that exists".[16]
Trusswatch Follies still in full swing --

EDIT - amplified version below
Last edited by frog222 on Tue 07 Feb, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Best one for a while ?

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Tue 07 Feb, 2023 8:23 am Dregs hang crazily, tipped for Chairman role (4,5).
Good luck with Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch. :D
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

In this thread Charles Read does not say that he took Truss specifically through the details of " LDI's For Dummies " , which is definitely what advisors should do to the current crop of ministers .

I'm thinking of a year (or two) back now when Starmer was reportedly given a crash course in economics, and a very few weeks since the smirker Hunt was briefed on the arcane mysteries of ... Quantitative Easing .

Of course it's no use apart from being on the record if the only qualification for the job is a belief in brexit success, that taxes are EVIL , and underlying all that the knowledge that all will be well as following those 'supposed beliefs' "I'll be 'looked after' whatever happens " .

So Truss went to the States to have her FreeMarket batteries recharged by meeting up with the usual thinktanks and their billionaire funders .

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Tue 07 Feb, 2023 8:19 am Reshuffle day seems like a good opportunity for some anagrams 😆
Well my response to the reshuffle is basically "is that it"? Underwhelming in the sort of way Sunak has been as PM more generally.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

30p Lee for Deputy Chairman.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote: Tue 07 Feb, 2023 1:51 pm 30p Lee for Deputy Chairman.
What, seriously??
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Thread --
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yes, its true about Lee Anderson. Genuinely, f*** me.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Crazy crazy fleur is Culture Secretary (4,6).
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

gilsey wrote: Tue 07 Feb, 2023 11:03 am
Good luck with Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch. :D
Untouchable fouled kimono?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Very good!
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Fawlty Towers: John Cleese to reboot series with daughter

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ese-reboot

What's the point when he's already rebooted it with himself as a shit unfunny Fawlty in real life?

I suppose it could be worth it for the laughs when it inevitably gets cancelled.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

And I thought being to the right of Teresa May was bad

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

According to my smartyphone 'TousAntiCovid' app I'm due for my third booster on Saturday .

In January 2021 my chemist asked me in front of his assistants what I thought of being vaxxed . Having been influenced by both Merkel and Macron emitting doubts about the AZ I replied that I would rely on my immunity , reinforced bu 4000 IU of D3, K2 and Zinc for starters .

Not much later, 3million Scots et al seemed in good health and I joined them .

Since then we have seen a propaganda war of varying intensity between those who I consider serious scientists, plus serious citizens with evidence, against trolls , government scientists, and the Far Right tools with their own business and culture wars agendas.

I've checked out some of the research quoted by the anti-vaxx etcetc mob, and they've either been deliberately or plain stoopidly misinterpreting it .

Well, if Trump and Johnson can get to Power

all is possible :-)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I actually watched some of Liz Truss' Spectator interview. I'm not going to deny I felt a bit guilty about it because at this point it's almost the equivalent of going to Bedlam to gawp at the mentally infirm for entertainment but nobody forced her to be interviewed so I took the plunge.

Many years ago a friend of mine somehow got hold of a jar of ether and we spent the night semi-anaesthetised on his living room floor. I remember barely being able to move and my thought processes slowing to crawl and yet I reckon I was about 10 times more animated, both physically and mentally, than Truss appeared to be last night. Gormless and deluded would be the first two words to spring to mind but they really don't do her justice. She barely seemed human. It was if some evil scientist had got hold of a particularly dim slow loris and transferred it's consciousness into her body before administering a dose of opiates. But no, it was Liz at her finest. She'd no doubt been coached and prepared for hours for this and yet still came across like an Oliver Sacks case study.

In case you're wondering why a slow loris? As their name suggests they're very slow and freeze and stare silently when threatened. Also they're literally toxic. Though they are a lot cuter than Liz.

Anyway despite apparently possessing the intellectual capacity of a primitive primate she decided she was going to outwit us all by re-writing history that only happened a couple of months ago hoping we were all too stupid to remember. And it actually worked! Well at least if you write for the Telegraph. Tim Stanley for example informed us that 'she was right,' while claiming,' The mini-Budget wasn’t materially radical but signalled a new direction, and the economic analysis behind it was compelling.' Which would be fine if the lack of economic analysis by say...the OBR hadn't been one of the fundamental problems.

It would be unfair of me not to acknowledge the less than favourable articles the Telegraph and Spectator have published today about Truss but it's hard not to put that down to them reacting to everyone taking the piss. As Prime Minster she lasted 49 days. Her comeback in the rightwing press lasted barely 24 hours before they dumped her and pretended they thought she was a freak along with the rest of us.

Once upon a time we were told personal responsibility and loyalty were core Conservative values.

Now these fuckers refuse to take any responsibility for anything and eat each other like baby sharks in the womb.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

All going well in Tory circles then...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Tue 07 Feb, 2023 9:48 pm 3 million Scots et al seemed in good health
This seems unlikely.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Labour vows to help ‘written off’ people with mental health issues back to work

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ck-to-work

As someone with mental health problems my advice to Labour would be to leave me the fuck alone. Some of us want to go back to work, some of us don't. It's complex. There's no easy solution.

I remember Labour bringing in ATOS and the assessment process that's made millions of lives a misery. Before that the DWP had to rely on our doctors who at least had a vague idea of what the fuck was wrong with us compared to some random 'medical professional' earning bonuses for making us penniless.

Ashcroft can go fuck himself. He's using exactly the same euphemistic language we've heard before.