Thursday 9th February 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 9th February 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 9th February 2023

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

30p Lee's appointment going as well as expected.
As Tory deputy chairman, Lee Anderson will be expected to defend the party on broadcast media. But it is not going well. He gave an interview to BBC Radio Nottingham which, after a discussion about his views of food banks, ended up with Anderson dodging questions about the episode when he staged an encounter with a supporter for a camera crew during an election (the ‘random’ voter was a personal friend) and then asking the station not to broadcast any of the interview at all.
Tories stress new deputy chairman Lee Anderson not speaking for government when he calls for death penalty
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Yes, its the trying to silence journalists thing that won't go down well.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

BoE at the Treasury Committee.
Huw Pill also says it’s possible that public sector pay rises at, or above, the rising cost of living would add to inflation.

The bank’s chief economist says:

There is certainly the potential for that to happen.

If that happens, our job is to ensure it does not lead to inflation, by responding to it with tighter monetary policy.
FFS, there's a hell of a lot of scope for settling public sector pay rises somewhere between 3% and 11%.
Personally I'd be happy to see them get more and if it prolongs inflation so be it, but that's not going to happen so why bring out the straw man?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Just been through the process online of applying for the free photo ID for voting. It was simple enough though finding a white background for the photo meant I ended up taking a selfie crouched in front of the fridge-freezer.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

On my way home carrying my shopping I encountered a woman sitting in her car which she'd parked up on the pavement almost completely blocking it. I stopped and gestured but she completely ignored me so I had to sidle past rather than walk in the busy road and in the process nudged her wing mirror. Immediately she was out of the car shouting and screaming claiming I'd damaged her car which was obvious bullshit. I'd like to say I responded in a dignified, calm manner but she'd really pissed me off so instead I got involved in a slanging match on a busy street which at one point provided entertainment for a double decker bus full of people. She was completely in the wrong but refused to admit it and at one point claimed she was on the phone to her husband saying he was on his way to beat the shit out of me. Eventually I got bored and walked off while she continued to shout abuse. In hindsight I wish I'd put a brick through her windscreen.

Anyway here's tonight's QT line up.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Syed is a first class pillock these days.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh joy, a GBN presenter.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Thu 09 Feb, 2023 7:41 pm Oh joy, a GBN presenter.
She stood in my constituency in 2019 for the Brexit Party and lost her deposit. At the time she claimed to be an 'artist' but nobody could find any art she'd produced and when asked she couldn't provide any. She's a grifting bullshitter so it came as no surprise when she ended up at Spiked and GB News.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Deathly Sloan oddly will be elected as MP for West Lancashire (6,6).
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 09 Feb, 2023 8:10 pm
She stood in my constituency in 2019 for the Brexit Party and lost her deposit. At the time she claimed to be an 'artist' but nobody could find any art she'd produced and when asked she couldn't provide any. She's a grifting bullshitter so it came as no surprise when she ended up at Spiked and GB News.
Her and Syed is a rather unbalanced selection of pundits isn't it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Question Time tonight came from Swindon which the BBC decided to represent with a picture of a tower block. I've never been so who knows, maybe that's all Swindon consists of.

For the Conservatives we had George Freeman. George has recently been made minister for 'Science, innovation, and technology' and to demonstrate his deep knowledge of the subject he spewed out a load of random tech words during a discussion about ChatGPT. Take quantum computing for example, George claimed the UK was a centre of excellence for quantum computing whereas in fact there is only one functional quantum computer in this entire country, which is capable of a fraction of the processing power of those developed by Google and IBM. He was talking unmitigated bollocks but I suppose he could be forgiven given his dept and job have only existed for two days. What he can't be forgiven for however was his ludicrous assertion that the Ukrainians are fighting so they can have people like Lee Anderson in government. I'm not making that up. He genuinely said it.

For Labour we had Lisa Nandy. An easy night for Lisa who barely had to get out of first gear. The only person who tried to give her any grief was some thicko Tory lad in the audience who looked like a weird hippie. He said instead of being offended by Lee Anderson she should debate him, which caused her to smile then crush him like a bug.

For the Lib Dems we had Sarah Olney. Poor Sarah looked like she was freezing cold but carried on womanfully, her finest moment being when guffawed heartily at George Freeman trying to equate the Ukrainian fight for freedom with having Lee Anderson as deputy chair of the Tory Party.

For the Times we had Matthew Syed. Matthew had evidently taken it upon himself to be a dickhead who loved the sound of his own voice while spewing semi-coherent pretentious bollocks. Apparently Lee Anderson is interesting and misunderstood and the only working class member of parliament and we're all being horrible snobs criticising him. You know what Matthew, as a working class boy myself I won't be taking lectures from someone who lives in fucking Richmond and writes for the Times about how I view a crude, ignorant cunt like Anderson. It's an insult to imply that a man like that represents anything but a small fraction of the working class. Pandering to the likes of him because of some kind of misguided middle class urge to seem broad minded just makes it look like you're a clueless, patronising fool. If you really want to understand the working class then live amongst us rather than secreting yourself in one of the richest parts of London and pontificating from a safe distance. Otherwise it makes you look like a prick.

For GB News we had Inaya Florin Iman. As mentioned above Inaya's career so far has been that of a right wing contrarian grifter so I was expecting her to say at least some stupid shit, but not tonight. All she offered were a few vacuously inoffensive opinions. I'm assuming this is because she's managed to become a trustee of the National Portrait Gallery appointed by Johnson. A meteoric rise from knocking on doors round here a mere three years ago for Farage and losing her deposit. Just goes to show how far a young black woman can go on the right if she's prepared to offer an alternative narrative for money and position.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

The documents at Companies House for her right wing pressure group (of which she is the sole director) make interesting reading.

In June 2022, there was notice given that they were going to be struck-off of the register. That was reversed 10 days later.

But in their accounts to 31st July 2021 (submitted late) they had precisely £17 in the bank...with creditors amounting to over £2,300. Insolvent in other words. She reckons they are a going concern....

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

How on earth does someone like that with no discernible skill-set that might be useful as a Trustee get made one? Purely rhetorical question...she's anti-woke and that counts for everything these days.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

To give Inaya Florin Iman her due, she was the only one on the panel who questioned why the fuck they were talking at length about Lee Anderson. Everyone else took it as an opportunity to score political points or indulge in fantasies where the working class are all brutish chavs or freedom and democracy bears his face.

He must have been sitting watching it with glee.

The BBC have learned nothing.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I see Dorries has decided she's had enough.

Good riddance. Awful person and utterly hopeless Minister.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Thu 09 Feb, 2023 11:45 pm
The documents at Companies House for her right wing pressure group (of which she is the sole director) make interesting reading.
Thanks Roger, whoever is funding her now clearly has a more liberal agenda given her performance this evening. Apparently she hasn't been on GB news since May last year and tonight she came out against the death penalty and her views on Ukraine were a world away from the conspiracy nonsense spouted by her previous employers. Who knows, maybe she's seen the error of her ways but I'm more inclined to believe she's simply parroting the views of her latest benefactor.

Or maybe she's learned something from the paintings, but that seems unlikely. I've certainly never learned anything valuable from art.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 09 Feb, 2023 11:41 pm Question Time tonight came from Swindon which the BBC decided to represent with a picture of a tower block. I've never been so who knows, maybe that's all Swindon consists of.
Well, that and roundabouts basically.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »