Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th February 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th February 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th February 2023

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon, all.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Study was of patients in early 2020 and even 2019 (like to know more about those???) .

Two trolls downthread attacking it because there is ... no mention of vaxx status !

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 8231154703

Typical of our times is that the medical staff with LC are now to be thrown onto the mercies (cough) of the DWP .

----------------------------------

Tenth wave is now under way but doesn't appear more virulent . So of course no effort is being made to clean up the air in classrooms etc .
Unlike the air for the Davos Elite , and similarly for the UK Parliamentarians at least in the chamber. .
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 84414.html

So the cull of the old, the immuno-suppressed and other unluckies will recommence .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well thank you for posting, where is everybody else though.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 18 Feb, 2023 6:07 pm Well thank you for posting, where is everybody else though.
AK -- we live in troubling times, whether it's about simple survival ('particularly for large numbers in UK) as to whether you heat or eat or getting an aged relative looked after, or making your very own decisions in the welter of disinfo as to what you think about the Ukraine War.

Or Covid for that matter ...

In the UK particularly again!, there is a genuine problem of not having a clearly progressive alternative to the dreadful Tories .

Having read some time ago what Oliver Eagleton wrote on Starmer, he is very obviously what we used to call when I was in England, a control freak . His history of brown-nosing the US State Department on those two extradition cases is utterly shameful.

But he has no shame .

In US politics where we would also end up voting for some pretty ghastly people , and still as we've seen with Joe they can get some good things done . But the future there is yet another Horrorshow in preparation so better leave it there!

The dismantling of UK public services and utilities is so advanced that to begin repairing it would be a hard task for a gifted politician WITH a moral compass .

-----------------------------------------------------

For comparison it's not quite so bad here, but there is a VERY great deal in common . An example --

Rough figures on medical student places, they shrunk by half between 1970 and 2000 so if you look up hospitals on the net, there are a preponderance of North African/ME names of the doctors . French was still very much a second language due to colonisation, tho that might be reducing a bit now.

My current cardio has a surname found from Algeria to Syria , and the last one for thirty years was obviously from down there too .

Patterns of migration -- we have increasingly many Romanian docs etc, and my cardio's assistant/trainee (I didn't interrogate but he set up the ECG as tho he'd done it before ... ) came from Zagreb a year ago .

One point I haven't yet heard about the UK nursing and docs etc strikes, from the Unions --

" We are just showing you what the NHS will be like when we've fucked off to Australia/NZ/Canada ETC, all of which are recruiting like there's no tomorrow "
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Last year's Russian propaganda, the Ukrainians are working on a "dirty bomb" --

How's that doing ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Read this

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Looking like Jimmy Carter doesn't have long left, a shame as I hoped he would make it to 100.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Playing all the old hits. Can you imagine if they had an original idea?

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Nothing like a little walt-spotting to raise a smile --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Though it has to be said, ASBOs were one New Labour policy that I supported - and indeed had backing some way beyond the usual suspects.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Yes, but what you actually need to do is fund communities (something Starmer has never indicated he will do). Give people things to do, allow them to have investment and pride in where they live - these things will make more difference than ASBOs on steroids.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Sun 19 Feb, 2023 8:11 pm Yes, but what you actually need to do is fund communities (something Starmer has never indicated he will do). Give people things to do, allow them to have investment and pride in where they live - these things will make more difference than ASBOs on steroids.
I grew up on a council estate and while I agree with you in spirit there were certain families who no amount of investment and pride would have changed. Back then it would usually be settled by violence and/or murder. One family had two notorious sons who were burgling houses and stealing cars until the older one was found one morning dead outside the Spar with all his teeth literally knocked down the back of his throat. Probably with a hammer.

This would be back in about 1982/3. The country had loads of police then yet we never saw any patrolling our estate so what good would an ASBO have done other than perhaps to have saved his life if he'd stayed away.

His brother incidentally ended up being sectioned and has spent the rest of his life in mental healthcare institutions after moving to Newcastle and eating an entire sheet of acid when he he was being raided by the police. To put that into perspective the acid I used to buy would be a tiny bit of blotting paper about a quarter of the size of a stamp. In eating a whole sheet this fool probably consumed at least a thousand trips in one go. I can't imagine the living hell he unleashed upon himself.

I think you're both right, we need investment and pride, but we also need the law.

Bloody centrist that I am.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Also I've lost.

After months of reviewing case law and getting advice from the good people at Beacon (mainly from the splendid Julie who I spoke to today) there's nothing more I can do.

In this country today it's fine to leave a woman who has no idea who she is or how she got there in a tatty reclining chair because her brain has become so denuded that she can't sit up or respond to the most basic of commands.

I'm not angry at the nursing home apart from the fact that they're charging £800 a week, the staff are wonderful despite the fact they're earning a pittance while their employers are raking it in.

I'm angry at a system that allows this to happen.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

The only person who's ever responded to me about this shit was Gilsey and she was right.

And being the arsehole that I am I poo-pood her.

I do apologise.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

You two keep your old married couple thing going on and we'll pop in now and again.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Shit.

Can I at least make an offer?

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Melody's Echo Chamber - You Won't Be Missing That Part Of Me (Official Video)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister