Groan Awards 2014 - Awards and Start of Voting

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Groan Awards 2014 - Awards and Start of Voting

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Slightly later than planned I have closed the nominations for the 2014 awards.

There is one Winner

Category number 7. The Daily Mail Milibash Award

Uncontested and well deserved.

Christina F Patterson for this loathsome trash.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... an-brother

For the rest of the votes you will see a set of polls that you can vote for. Each person gets one vote, including myself. In the event of a tie as chair I have a casting vote. However if I have previously voted for one of the two (or more) leaders I must first subtract my vote (as by definition the chair can only cast a vote in the event of a tie).

The polls will close in seven days time.

A few notes:

Sadly HLS is not a new contributor this year, and while I agree entirely that the Danny Alexander article is a complete fiction, he is not a Guardian Journalist. However as the Guardian seems to act as a sort of welfare safety net for ex Lib Dem MPs give it time. Where somebody has suggested an article by Crace or Wintour (always those two) can cover multiple categories I have selected the one I thought was the best fit.

As we say in politics - vote early, vote often. The one thing that is certain in this election is that Martin Rowson is going to win best cartoon this year - in your face Steve Bell, revenge is sweet :-) - as I am sure Martin wouldn't say.
Release the Guardvarks.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Groan Awards 2014 - Awards and Start of Voting

Post by HindleA »

Just to say thank you very much for organising this and I have voted.regards.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Echoing HindleA's comment, many thanks for organising this. I have case my votes, now need to go and shower in bleach as I feel distinctly grubby after being forced to spend time on the Graun reading the articles to make my decisions. :(
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

Thanks TE for organising this. I'm going to echo TGS and say I'll now go get the bleach.
Smart has the plans, but stupid has the stories.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks TE, your hard work is much appreciated.
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

Thank you for organising this TE. ☺

Will be shortly in possession of a computer and a landline versus mobile and tablet and look forward to starting my new list for 2015 awards in New Year.
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!