Tuesday 11th April 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 11th April 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 11th April 2023

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon - anybody about?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

:tumble
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I have three favourite emoticons/emojis

:dance: :tumble and of course :flick:
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Oi, isn't it time for another Eurovision review?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It could be
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

:shock:

Do Labour really need to get in the gutter with the tories?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

No they do not
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

OK it's Eurovision time
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Well Andrew Lambrou (Cyprus) bemoaned the breaking of a broken heart, and now we have Reiley (Denmark) doing more of pretty much the same. To be honest, though, I'm not sure that Reiley has actually existed on the planet for sufficient time to justify appearing on Eurovision.

The only thing that came to mind during the experience of watching this (other than surprise at Reiley's absence of years), was another flashback to my long-ago sojourn in Liverpool. My first flat, near Sefton Park, was decorated everywhere with white wallpaper with pink clouds. That is, all of it with the exception of the one wall which had pink wallpaper with white clouds. When the landlord came round with the offer of acquiring, on my behalf, any TV or video equipment I might wish to purchase, he was upset when I floated the idea of painting over it all. Apparently it had been newly decorated just prior to my arrival.

He looked so disappointed, I still feel bad about that to this day.

Clanger rating:
Was it fun? It was really not my cup of tea.
Was it dancey? See above
What would Terry have said about it? I have absolutely no idea.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Evening. Hope everyone had a pleasant Easter. I popped over to Cheshire and spent the weekend with my brother and his other half, we climbed Welsh hills and rolled dyed eggs down them. The poor sods have now gone to stay in a yurt/teepee thing on the Welsh coast for the next couple of days with gale force winds and torrential rain forecast. I'm glad to be back on my couch with beer.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

This is striking
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 11 Apr, 2023 9:13 pm Evening. Hope everyone had a pleasant Easter. I popped over to Cheshire and spent the weekend with my brother and his other half, we climbed Welsh hills and rolled dyed eggs down them. The poor sods have now gone to stay in a yurt/teepee thing on the Welsh coast for the next couple of days with gale force winds and torrential rain forecast. I'm glad to be back on my couch with beer.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

"We've come on holiday by mistake"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As far as I recall Richard E Grant and Paul McGann didn't have a hot tub.

While I was there my brother gave me a book to read about this guy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Wilson

A very peculiar fellow from Bradford who planned to become the first man to climb Everest by crashing his plane into the mountain then climbing the rest of the way despite having no mountaineering experience whatsoever. He managed to fly all the way to India on his own but his plane was confiscated so he was forced to trek through Tibet in disguise before making his inevitably doomed attempt at an ascent. What's not mentioned on Wikipedia is he was part of the party set in London involved in a menage e trois with another couple, a Theosophist, and evidently a transvestite. When his frozen corpse was eventually discovered along with the remains of his tent, items of women's clothing were found at the scene, including shoes.

Wouldn't that have been wonderful? The first man to climb Everest doing it in drag?

Sadly it wasn't to be.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I managed to get through 59 seconds of 'Reiley' before beginning to spasm and retch uncontrollably. It would seem Denmark has gone from raiding Lindisfarne and slaughtering monks to trying to conquer Europe by sending out an androgynous whippersnapper so unthreatening your Gran could beat him up in a little over a thousand years. To be fair that's probably a good thing and he'll probably do quite well, from the little I was able to endure it was as if TikTok had been reduced down to it's shittiest essence which I suspect will prove popular with parts of the Eurovision crowd.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Tue 11 Apr, 2023 9:18 pm This is striking
Change her hair and clothes and it looks like Glasgow or Newcastle in the 1980's.

Not Liverpool though apparently. With its pink clouds that some scumbag wanted to paint over.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 11 Apr, 2023 9:13 pm The poor sods have now gone to stay in a yurt/teepee thing on the Welsh coast for the next couple of days with gale force winds and torrential rain forecast. I'm glad to be back on my couch with beer.
Good Lord. We're on the east coast and it's really wild here, had a power cut already.

Wren-Lewis:
The view I want to put forward here is that Lawson had an uncanny knack of making bad decisions.

It is perhaps telling that a number of articles following his death contrast his period in office favourably compared to our more recent Chancellors. It has to be said that this is an incredibly low bar.
The poor judgements of Nigel Lawson
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good evening.

Shocked I was really...
She also denies that the word ‘wog’ is racist. She said: “I won’t use that word because I’ve been told not to. But I don’t find that offensive.
Well, you wouldn't, would you? Jeez, you'd have to be really dim not to know this.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

gilsey wrote: Tue 11 Apr, 2023 11:21 pm Good Lord. We're on the east coast and it's really wild here, had a power cut already.
Really? Here in Leeds it was a little bit windy about an hour ago but nothing out of the ordinary, I hope all is well.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »