Thursday 13th April 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 13th April 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 13th April 2023

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

just for info
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

That is the sort of stuff the Tories ran very effectively before the last GE, just saying.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Convulsed airways eased saying Suella Braverman is unfit for office (7,5).
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Aren't most people saying that, though?

Nice to hear from you btw.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

According to the Tories I can legitimately claim to be an abstemious teetotaller by disregarding all of the booze I consume.

Fraud makes up 41% of all reported crime. Ignoring it as part of the crime figures is like saying the Black Death wasn't that bad if you discount the 50% mortality rate.

Despite being called out on this multiple times, laughed at, and mocked, they just keep plugging away brazenly lying to our faces.

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Käärijä's "Cha Cha Cha" (Finland) is a very (and suprisingly) strong contender. The clothing mystifies me, and I'm coming to the conclusion that sartorially these days I'm quite a traditional kind of a clanger. But the rest of it is bewilderingly ace, as a man with a Dwayne Dibley haircut and strange green costume faces an invisible opponent in the boxing ring.

As ever I have a feeling that there's some kind of a hidden story that I can't decipher, but having grown ever distant from contemporary popular culture, it is the present, for me, that is a foreign country.

Clanger rating:
Was it fun: Yes it was
Is it dancey: In a Nine Inch Nails kind of a way
What would Terry have said about it? I suspect he would have loved it. But perhaps I'm just projecting.

Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Thu 13 Apr, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I like how the costume makes it look like his arms are made out of giant peas. Though I can't help feeling disappointed that he didn't round off the green vegetable theme with an oversized courgette codpiece.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

He certainly missed a trick there - if you write and tell him now, maybe he can add for the finals?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

A splendid idea, I may even suggest he dangles two aubergines below the courgette for a ratatouille effect.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Or a kolokithaki/melitzana effect
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

On CH4 news earlier there was a discussion about our economic woes involving Ben Habib and Jeevun Sandher of the New Economics Foundation. Habib spouted his usual drivel about us having the wrong kind of brexit while espousing what were essentially Trussonomics, so no surprise there. What did cause a raise of the eyebrows however was Sandher, the head of a progressive economic think tank, saying it was 'time to move on from brexit' when asked about its effects on our economy before displaying an extreme reluctance to criticise brexit at all. Which was somewhat perplexing given his main gripe was the lack of investment in British businesses, a situation exacerbated by brexit which has caused foreign investment to fall off a cliff. It was all very strange but the mystery was solved when it was revealed that he was a Labour candidate at the next election.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 13 Apr, 2023 9:28 pm It was all very strange but the mystery was solved when it was revealed that he was a Labour candidate at the next election.
Previously quite normal people Tie themselves in knots after close contact with the Starmer Party !

Just noticed this on Sunak's joined-up government --

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 13 Apr, 2023 9:28 pm On CH4 news earlier there was a discussion about our economic woes involving Ben Habib and Jeevun Sandher of the New Economics Foundation. Habib spouted his usual drivel about us having the wrong kind of brexit while espousing what were essentially Trussonomics, so no surprise there. What did cause a raise of the eyebrows however was Sandher, the head of a progressive economic think tank, saying it was 'time to move on from brexit' when asked about its effects on our economy before displaying an extreme reluctance to criticise brexit at all. Which was somewhat perplexing given his main gripe was the lack of investment in British businesses, a situation exacerbated by brexit which has caused foreign investment to fall off a cliff. It was all very strange but the mystery was solved when it was revealed that he was a Labour candidate at the next election.
Thanks for explaining who Sandher was, I missed the beginning and they didn't put his name up again.
Habib is a waste of space.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Senior Conservatives hit out at Suella Braverman’s ‘racist rhetoric’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... t-rhetoric
A former senior minister from Boris Johnson’s government told the Guardian they believed Braverman was a “real racist bigot”.
I actually think it's worse than that. As the article states this is all about her positioning herself to be the next leader of the Conservative Party by appealing to the absolute dregs of the party membership. If she thought smearing herself in dog shit would advance her career she would do it. Is she actually racist? I doubt it. She's just nakedly ambitious, profoundly stupid, and utterly without scruples. She doesn't care who she tramples on in her mad dash for power, be they white, brown or pink with green spots. To paraphrase Walter from The Big Lebowski, say what you want about racism but at least it's an ethos. Suella has no ethos besides her own self interest and she'll do anything to further it. I can even imagine she regards the mockery she endures in public to be a cross she has to bear. The sneering of the ignorant masses too stupid to appreciate her genius and jealous of her success. It's tempting to blame the Tories or brexit for her rise but ambitious non entities like her have been ten a penny throughout history. Although admittedly they have usually only reached Suella's preposterous level of success in authoritarian or fascist states. Quite where her story will end who knows? If you'd have said to anyone sane 10 years ago that she'd become Attorney General then Home Secretary they'd have pissed themselves laughing and yet here we are. In another 10 years I wouldn't be surprised if she were the first woman on Mars.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

gilsey wrote: Thu 13 Apr, 2023 10:41 pm Thanks for explaining who Sandher was, I missed the beginning and they didn't put his name up again.
Yes I missed the beginning as well, or at least wasn't paying attention while chopping veg, and was consequently nonplussed.

The New Economics Foundation have previously been extremely critical of brexit and yet there he was dismissing and downplaying it.

I was flummoxed until I realised he'd been Starmered.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 13 Apr, 2023 11:13 pm
gilsey wrote: Thu 13 Apr, 2023 10:41 pm
I was flummoxed until I realised he'd been Starmered.
A new word enters the language :-)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Thu 13 Apr, 2023 10:15 pmJust noticed this on Sunak's joined-up government --
There's a group of music loving solicitors doing pro bono work for the venue I usually go to see bands after it became apparent post brexit that border staff and the Home Office were being dicks. It's not just European musicians. The last band they helped were Brazilian. I'm vaguely friendly with one of these fellows despite the fact that he's done bad things in the past like help sell the Leeds Corn Exchange to a vulture capital fund.

An investment which lost them and him shit loads of money.

How we laughed.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »