Wednesday 3rd May 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 3rd May 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday 3rd May 2023

Post by refitman »

Nothing quite like a bit of dishonest campaigning
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

To say 'would have frozen' is more accurate, but highlights how pathetic it is.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

RE gilsey
James M. Turner KC @ShipBrief 3h
Agreed about Scotland and yes, something has to be done to counter what would be a middle class monopoly. But isn't it funny how countries on the continent seem to be able to manage this?
A few years ago I asked a daughter how much the tuition fees had been for her eldest, and she couldn't remember !
I checked and the average for medicine is now €450 pa. She's an intern this year.
The Germans have an admin fee which averages €500, and I haven't checked the Finns et al .

All very strange ! Amazing what a difference the Channel makes :-)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Not sure how much it really matters (as ever) but Sunak might just have had his worst ever PMQs today.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote: Wed 03 May, 2023 11:39 am
There does seem to be a widespread perception that Labour abandoning a specific pledge means nothing will now be done for younger voters.

I would like to think that this, at least, is not the case.

The status quo regarding student funding is obviously totally unsustainable and I don't see reforming that for the better as a vote loser.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I'm sure they'll have a policy to reform student loans in the manifesto. Unfortunately I'm almost as sure it will be underwhelming.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Wed 03 May, 2023 1:12 pm Not sure how much it really matters (as ever) but Sunak might just have had his worst ever PMQs today.
When Suank became PM, one of his major advantages was that he was not Boris Johnson. But perhaps the Johnson gene is catching. At the last two PMQs Sunak was happy to indulge in personal attacks of the kind that his predecessor would have been happy with. And today he was pulled up for adopting a Johnson approach to truthfullness. In his first answer he said he had corrected the record after making a misleading statement last week. (See 12.04pm). More corrections may be needed. As PMQs ended, three separate opposition MPs raised points of order, saying Sunak had misled MPs about Sadiq Khan’s housebuilding record, the Scottish government’s performance on getting disadvantaged pupils into university and crime figures.

I can’t recall three separate points of order like this after a Johnson PMQs. “Less accurate than Boris Johnson” – that’s not a verdict any PM should welcome.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Speaking of Liza Minnelli (as Sky was the other day) Portugal's Mimicat bring more than a touch of the old cabaret to our Euroextravaganza. They were wearing black and red, but there was no white so top marks for visual individuality. And at least we were spared some kind of tearful fado - which would have triggered more ducks than you could shake a stick at.

Clanger rating
Was it fun: comparatively speaking certainly, but I don't know how reliable I am at the moment given my recent Eurofocus
Was it dancey: in a toreador kind of way
What would Terry have said about it: like me I expect he would just have been glad it wasn't Blanka (or was it Solo?) lounging around on various objects.

LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I haven't watched this yet, just saw the 'title' , but I DID listen to BBC WATO earlier when it never occurred to bloody anybody ....

BUT had been my own very first thought , given that we all (cough) know that the FSB 'Chechen' apartment bombings killing hundreds in Moscow were highly probably Vlad's own work .