Tuesday 27th June 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 27th June 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 27th June 2023

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

Ain't checked the latest 'news ' so no idea if Prigozhin is still living !

In Hypothesis Country of course it's highly unlikely that Belarus would officially declare war on UKR, but what's been bugging me is that P and his gangstas would do cross-border attacks from there as those other Russians have been carrying out recently from UKR into RU itself .

UKR Belarus is one long border ?

----------------------------------------------

First tweeter of the day is deepti, the first one I followed -

If infections gave immunity she and my primary teacher neighbour would of course be immune instead of chronically a bit sick from contact with the little dears ... the teacher for several decades which hasn't done any good to her immune system.

Anecdote is that teachers all over are quitting with repeated exposures being one reason , among others .

Perhaps the Japanese do it better, probable but to be checked !
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

That's the Pope's chances of standing for Labour scuppered
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Tue 27 Jun, 2023 9:13 am That's the Pope's chances of standing for Labour scuppered
He's a pedophile sympathiser as well as an antisemite ..

The real thing, but far fewer than in the Thirties when there were mass rallies -

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I check both sides of the 10m of overgrown fence quite often now, so far extremely disappointing .

Today good numbers of tiny wasps , and this --

Only about the fifth I've seen this year ...

Very few larger wasps about. One nest was on a lawn last year, gone perhaps because of the heavy Spring rains ? (@Sky hypothesis) Another on the near-vertical bank up to the field was destroyed by some larger creature digging it out, with the nest-combs exposed . Somebody after the grubs google suggests .
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

The most disturbing thing about this is that I agree with Lord Pickles...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Ukraine is so big i had to check this distance, at first sight on some maps it appears small,

but ..
" The Belarusian-Ukrainian border is the state border between Belarus and Ukraine with a length of about 1,084 km (674 mi). It starts from the triple junction with Poland[1] to the west and stretches to the triple junction with Russia[2] to the east. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus%E ... ine_border

Prig and some of his gang cd have fun there .

If he's still alive , and of course not off to safety in Africa, perhaps with Dmitry Utkin .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

There's a reason Putin hasn't tried it already though - and that's a lot of the border territory being far from conducive to large scale military operations.

And in any case, we don't even *know^ that most Wagner fighters are actually going to Belarus yet.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 27 Jun, 2023 12:17 pm There's a reason Putin hasn't tried it already though - and that's a lot of the border territory being far from conducive to large scale military operations.
And in any case, we don't even *know^ that most Wagner fighters are actually going to Belarus yet.
Silly me, I must have imagined the serious battles north of Kiev beginning last February .
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Calgary GP and prof -

( For the mom it's far worse there and in OZ and Japan than it is in FR )

We have the same extreme ignorance, for example --

6weeks ago I had to do an in-theatre coronary scan and my cardio gave me the choice of Rennes or Caen, but the former was an overnight stay so I opted for Caen . Anyway I know the back road by heart ;-)

Then the hospital categorically forbade me to drive afterwards, so I had an ambulance-taxi . The unmasked driver -
"You don't need that."
"It's only an hour's drive."
"I've been vaccinated."
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well firstly, that was famously a total failure - and secondly, it hasn't been tried since then and there are reasons for that.

Generally - and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, on here or elsewhere - we really need to shed this "everything that happens in Russia is brilliant multi dimensional chess" mindset. What happened at the weekend was chaotic, and showed Putin's underlying weakness not his strength.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

There seems to be something missing here...I'm loathe to go all Rolf on you but can you see what it is yet?

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

THE BOATS !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 27 Jun, 2023 1:12 pm Well firstly, that was famously a total failure - and secondly, it hasn't been tried since then and there are reasons for that.

Generally - and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, on here or elsewhere - we really need to shed this "everything that happens in Russia is brilliant multi dimensional chess" mindset. What happened at the weekend was chaotic, and showed Putin's underlying weakness not his strength.
Very lucky also that the Kiev assault failed, down to details such as the Chechen murder squads being caught and someone realising rather late ???, that even more flooding of the Irpin river banks with water from the higher up Kiev Reservoir would save Moshchun ( after a LOT of very hard fighting) and make the RU troops swim for it .

I'm still waiting for more to come out over the weekend's excitement ... been giving it a rest today, working outside instead !

Saw a bumblebee tonight, but was it the same one ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Quick one !

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

There is always an element of luck in wars.

That does not alter the fact that Putin genuinely expected a cakewalk, that the "hated" Zelensky and his fellow "Nazis" would flee - and his troops would almost universally be greeted as liberators. There is an argument that the Russian state has still never really got over the shock of that not happening.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 27 Jun, 2023 8:12 pm There is always an element of luck in wars.

That does not alter the fact that Putin genuinely expected a cakewalk, that the "hated" Zelensky and his fellow "Nazis" would flee - and his troops would almost universally be greeted as liberators. There is an argument that the Russian state has still never really got over the shock of that not happening.

Agreed on Putin being completely misinformed by his advisors , crazy wasn't it ?

But he chose them .

PS Had a bit of that Inquiry in the background, fair amount of coughing .

No chance of that at Davos !

Those guys ain't stoopid .